Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• Options
    Our estimate to complete "normal" is 20 days.
    We are a t7 guild that has to do big damage control to allow people to get a try at the rancor.
    Someone said at level 85 it will be a lot easier (totally false but let's bear with that): if we can complete a t6 raid in 20 days, how long will it take to level up 30 toons with the required raid gear? (Obviously all the 50 members, we know we need everyone to finish a t6 or a t7, so let's start counting from prize awarded to #50).
    I'm going to let you draw your conclusions, in the end you are the genii who created the tank raid.
    MufasaBigD wrote: »
    Everyone in your guild needs to be able to do at least 2% damage in each phase.
    Yeah typical guild where the worst member can deal 2% damage on each phase.
    Let me see, I have been in a lot of guilds and can tell you that maybe 5% guilds can do a t7 rancor. Of those guilds, possibly 1% can do an "heroic" tank.
    Let's see what those 99.95% of players is going to do.
    Oh, and obv, given the difficulty, the only way you can finish a t6 in a normal time frame, is if you can finish a t7 too.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    I am sure it won't happen but I would like to see one of the guilds that completed a heroic tank try the normal, just to get a gauge of time frame.
  • Options

<?php

if ($guild_members < "50") {
        echo "NO RAID FOR YOU";
    }
    ?>

Get it?
  • Options

<?php

echo "NO RAID FOR YOU";
    }
    ?>

Get it?

Is that Morse code?
  • Options
    Im lucky if I can do 2% combined with the 5 teams each day.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    By the time my guild can do enough damage to beat normal before ticket cap we might as well do heroic.
    This normal raid is an unbalanced mess.
  • Options
    While EA chose to call these two tiers "normal" and "heroic", their level of difficulty are effectively T8 and T9 compare to the existing pit raids. Mixed experience guilds that kill the heroic rancor raid if they breath too hard are struggling with the Heroic tank raid, and those same guilds would take at least a week of refreshes to beat the estimated 200 million hp of normal mode ( so far i only can see the 30+ million of the normal phase 1 my guild is grinding its way through, and am hearing reports from other forumites that phase 2 is 75 million)

Opening normal mode should have required a guild to beat heroic rancor raid, and unlocking heroic tank should have required completing normal tank. If a guild cant beat heroic rancor, they are going to have a normal mode raid that is a month long (possibly longer). It would be better for guild morale if EA saved those guilds from an endless grind by making these new raids unlockable in progression from heroic rancor - normal tank- heroic tank. Either that, or add additional lower tiers that those guilds can get through in a reasonable number of refreshes.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Lvl 85 will make it easier, but not bcuz of the slight increase in damage. U guys r looking at it wrong. It's not about what u do, but what u take. Look at a GW or LS/DS where the opponents are 10 levels below u. U hit them so much harder, every debuff sticks etc. Now do similar fight where the lvl difference is half of that. You dont hit them as hard and not all debuffs stick.

As your lvl increases, the amount of damage u take and the amount of debuffs that stick will go down.
  • Options
    They need to chop normal raid health by 75%. Even then it will take most guilds a weak, but that beats 20 days.
  • Options
    Personally, I prefer a challenge. Having to spend a week working on Tier 6 at the beginning only means more content to me, and it will make things that much more rewarding once my guild actually unlocks General Kenobi.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    No easier tier. It's tough and that's a good thing.

It will be a while before my guild can beat heroic.
  • Options
    Basically, once you have all the toons at 7 star and all the best mods, it will be a breeze and you can get the most OP toon in the game after 3 months. Until then, normal mode over a week or two will have to suffice. I expect to see 7 star kenobi's in my shard possibly around this time next year. Can't wait.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Personally, I prefer a challenge. Having to spend a week working on Tier 6 at the beginning only means more content to me, and it will make things that much more rewarding once my guild actually unlocks General Kenobi.

There is a difference between monotonous and challenging.
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »
    No easier tier. It's tough and that's a good thing.

It will be a while before my guild can beat heroic.

You'll be beating heroic before you'll be able to beat normal before ticket cap. It's all bad man, all bad.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Has a guild other than TI beat it yet? Anyone from Shatterpoint or NSC wanna weigh in?
  • Options
    *shrug* too hard or not, it's not much fun. Thanks for trying.
  • Options
    No point discussing this, in 3 months most people will be able to beat the raid affectively. It must be the intended design. Ignore the 6* gear IX Mod V requirements, it's all lies.
  • Options
    LVTrisha wrote: »
    *shrug* too hard or not, it's not much fun. Thanks for trying.

Agree. Tank takes forevvvvvvvvver to go.............
  • Options
    The amount of health the "normal" raid has is ridiculous
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Agree. Should have just removed the weapons off our toons and made them do Tai Bo on the tank. Relatively equivalent results........
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

Agree. Should have just removed the weapons off our toons and made them do Tai Bo on the tank. Relatively equivalent results........

LMAO
  • Options

<?php

echo "NO RAID FOR YOU";
    }
    ?>

Get it?

Is that Morse code?

Simple PHP code
  • Options

<?php

echo "NO RAID FOR YOU";
    } else if ($guild->name != "TEAM_INSTICT") {
        echo "ARE YOU A JOKE? NO RAID FOR YOU";
    }
    ?>

Get it?

Fixed your code
  • Options

<?php

echo "NO RAID FOR YOU";
    }
    ?>

Get it?

Is that Morse code?

Simple PHP code

Ahhh. I only use GUX code anymore. Didnt recognize it.
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This raid is a joke. The 6* is totally not doable by any characters below tier 10, and they get their butts kicked too. Halfway through each attempt Grievous goes nuts and kills everyone, and I can't post anything within 1 million damage per attempt of the 6* rancor. I did 200,000 my last attempt, usually hit about 1.5 million on the 6* rancor. Dumb. Phase 1 is completely broken, and I'm not sure my guild can even get past it.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    This raid is a joke. The 6* is totally not doable by any characters below tier 10, and they get their butts kicked too. Halfway through each attempt Grievous goes nuts and kills everyone, and I can't post anything within 1 million damage per attempt of the 6* rancor. I did 200,000 my last attempt, usually hit about 1.5 million on the 6* rancor. Dumb. Phase 1 is completely broken, and I'm not sure my guild can even get past it.

We just finished normal p1, after reset, and are scratching at p2. I haven't gone into p2 yet but it seems your second battle you get somone on shot right away.

Been getting good numbers in p2 with JE droids and Jawa teams but at 60 million health, from what I have heard, not sure how many resets it will take.
  • Options
    Here a Top 10 Guild still in the middle of P1, we are thinking we won't complet the Heroic AAT, however we will keep on trying it until we lost all characters.. Its very difficult but still trying.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Currently mid p2 on heroic... It's looking tricky. Definitely need a very large roster. I.e 5+ pvp ready squads.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    at 60 million health, from what I have heard

That is insane. My guild is at ~10% remaining p1. Cannot wait for the p2 grind -_-

Serious question, does normal have more hp than heroic? If so, why? Always bugged me about the Rancor raid too.

• Options
    They purposely made this raid harder then t6 rancor raid. If you want easy stay with the rancor raid.

I thought I had good toons but barely did 200k total in p1. I think our guild will take days if not more then a week to do normal and we can finish t6 rancor in a day. I personally feel it's going to take weeks if not more then a month to get the certain toons to do better.

Don't hate the raid. It was meant to be like this. It's for the people who've been playing for ages and needed better content. Don't get me wrong. I'm **** that I can barely scratch p1 lol