Game Update 11/21/2016 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    EXCITED
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The YouTube elite were all pretty consistent in saying there was a ton of stuff to do with ships... that it was basically doubling the game... boy was I dum for believing them. There is one challenge you get to do twice, and an arena with 5 charges... that's it. There's no reason not to sim the challenges after you 3-star, so ships is basically a new arena and nothing else.

For all the hype, it's a real let down.
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    The YouTube elite were all pretty consistent in saying there was a ton of stuff to do with ships... that it was basically doubling the game... boy was I dum for believing them. There is one challenge you get to do twice, and an arena with 5 charges... that's it. There's no reason not to sim the challenges after you 3-star, so ships is basically a new arena and nothing else.

I feel exactly same way! I thought it would have a lot of content, but it doesnt.
    What it does it gives F2P possibility to get Sun Fac, Echo, Cody, Rex and some other previously P2P toons to F2P.

In my opinion it has been false adverstising from EA/CG, they told us to get ready for ships, level up crews for upcoming update, some have might spent few bucks just week ago to get those crew members to 7*. Just to see that after update those were not be exclusive no more, now everyone can get them as free.
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »

fellow streamer usually speak in same tounge of game developer.
    kinda a let down this update has
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    I'm curious how exactly the Crew Member effects the stats of the ship. I can see that the higher power a crew member is, the higher power the ship is, but is there anything other than the character power stat that increases the ship stat?
    For example, the ship has a speed boost because of the crew member. Is it simply the speed goes up for every certain increase in the crew's power? (Making this up) So for every 1,000 power, it gets a 5 speed boost? The same goes for other stats as well, just using this as an example.

I'd like to know more about this as well.
  • Sideropenik
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    IMPORTANT!

Update is already possible on Android. Tested few seconds ago on Android 4.4.2. Go to the Google Store and update manually your app.

About shards, when you already have character- you get these shards anyway! For instance: if you have like me 4* Mace Windu, you get 80 shards for him so you can promote him to 5* etc.

There are events for receiving new shards and blueprints. Everything is awesome :)
  • Options
    Has anyone bought the fleet mega pack? I really wanna know how pulls are looking

Useless. I bought 1. Waste of crystals
  • Options
    THIS UPDATE IS AWESOME!!! THANK YOU GUYS
  • Options
    Similar happened to me sitting on 5/10 FOTF shards and no events to complete ;(
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse is the Millennium Falcon only available for purchase?
  • Options
    They made Rex farmable but I'm pretty sure his ship is P2P as well as the falcon. I haven't seen either anywhere.
  • JohnDoe
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    They made Rex farmable but I'm pretty sure his ship is P2P as well as the falcon. I haven't seen either anywhere.

it is in Fleet Shipments Rex's ARC-170
  • Options
    This update is GREAT!!!!
  • Options
    Jury's out for me so far; looks like another almighty grind. In a game where I seem to find myself playing more and more in order to stay competitive (the tournaments are at the forefront of my mind), although the new content is great, I'm seeing more and more of a time-sink here.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great new dimension for the game, but I think I may have just reached my limit of what is fun, and what starts to become a chore.
  • Options
    Same here! Only 5/10 FOTF shards from the event ...
  • Options
    Wootus wrote: »
    I'm curious how exactly the Crew Member effects the stats of the ship. I can see that the higher power a crew member is, the higher power the ship is, but is there anything other than the character power stat that increases the ship stat?
    For example, the ship has a speed boost because of the crew member. Is it simply the speed goes up for every certain increase in the crew's power? (Making this up) So for every 1,000 power, it gets a 5 speed boost? The same goes for other stats as well, just using this as an example.

I'd like to know more about this as well.

I think I figured it out. Every ship has a crew ability and 1-2 ship abilities. The crew ability is directly related to the toon's strength. So if you have a weak ship and maxed toon, the ship ability may do 3k but the crew ability may do 20k damage.

So increasing the power of the pilot increases a factor in the attack. Say pilot power = 8,646. So 8.646 * ability level * base damage = attack damage. That's my guess.

• Options
    Too COOOOOL

We're not worthy! we're not worthy!

Also slight nitpick - I see resources/credits will be an issue again....and training droids.... but it will be nice to have some balance for a bit
  • Options
    Cantina 240 energy spent not one wedge shards hard missions not one shard everything else the bare minimum not just that seeing dodge and resist so much, less crits aswell been the same rng the past few days anyone else noticing a difference?
  • Options
    Like in topic, I've already seen SkyKrak ships and he has them maxed already (don't want to know how much did it cost). What's happening with additional blueprints when you 7* a ship?
    IMG_1351.PNG
    IMG_1352.PNG
  • Options
    RNG is random. More news at 11.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    RNG is random. More news at 11.

3 days on the bounce and counting
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    My guess is ship blueprint store. Or maybe they will expand the shard shop.

I would vote for expanded shard shop, have at least one point of convergence for both elements
  • Options
    Just for 8 shards out of 12 battles. Guess u were unlucky, in fact for me the rate has gone UP.
  • Options
    After getting first payout and reviewing my ship inventory I have come to the conclusion that

Ship credit crunch is already here on day 1 and will only get worse. The daily ship materials income is limited to Arena payout only. Buying w Catina credits is expensive meaning low yield and buying them with crystals is even more expensive.

Say you get rank 50 and use 400 cantina daily (fine for early shard people that has everything but not viable for others) that is max 1.2m credits a week. No Credits from GW, node battles, or hesit.

Pick your ships carefully, shards will be the easy part.

• UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So basically:
    Rex
    Cody
    Tusken Shaman
    Maul
    Echo
    Zam
    Grievous
    Fisto
    Aayla
    Wedge
    TFP
    and pretty much everyone who's F2P will be in ship shipments? Wow CG, you finally did something right. Thanks!

Now we all need to buy shipments only for Baze, and chromium only for Shoretrooper (and most likely Chirrut)

Wow. Looks like CG is rolling in wealth if they can do things like this:)

Edit: Vader's ship will be...guess what, TOURNEY ONLY!!! WOW! THIS is totally not expected. PLEASE scrap those tourney garbage.
  • Options
    Is anyone from CG going to help the players who have been shut out of the game by the update? One of our guild members has missed tank and rancor raids, arena and dailies and has had no response in 12 hours despite spending thousands on this game.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/77865/game-wont-load#latest
  • Options
    seem to be WAI the game update only states that FOTP will be unlocked but not his ship :(. This has changed from the original dev update as it looks since there it still states FOTF will also be unlocked
  • Options
    How did he get the currency to upgrade all those ships to 85 already? And the droids?
  • Options
    Probably a new shard shop where you can buy blueprints at a ridiculous conversion rate for the flagship 'Invisible Hand' (Leader = General Grievous)
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    One thing I dont understand in ships are factions.
    There seems to be 3 factions: "Admiral Ackbar and the Rebels, Grand Moff Tarkin and the Empire, Mace Windu and the Republic"

However most of the crews dont fall in these factions, and many are uneven. For instance Rebels has tons of crews, whilst Empire has only Tie Pilot and Vader.

Are we basically expecting more fleet commanders to represent more factions? (First order, Resistance, etc)

Who has Republic tag besides Mace Windu?

It seems factions in ships is not worked out at all.
This discussion has been closed.