Is Boba Fett remotely viable now/meta?

Prev13456
Calling out the experts.
What do you say about the rework?
Is it Anakin-level rework?

Replies

• Options
    He already was viable. People just chose not to use him. So if he already was, he probably even more so now.
  • Options
    He already was viable. People just chose not to use him. So if he already was, he probably even more so now.
    Give it a rest! Thought you'd quit anyway?
  • Options
    @Chewplebcca he was rubbish
  • UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    He still is. His attacks remain the same except that he is immune to Baze/ST's auto-taunt and revives if he's defeated at a early stage. that's all.

It's like buffing JKG to Mace's level. Still s-u-c-k-i-s-h
  • Options
    He still is. His attacks remain the same except that he is immune to Baze/ST's auto-taunt and revives if he's defeated at a early stage. that's all.

It's like buffing JKG to Mace's level. Still s-u-c-k-i-s-h

What about blaster rifle?
  • Options
    Guys... Guys! He uses his rifle now!! Need I say more? #newmeta
  • Options

Btw is blaster rifle replace his rocket or additional attack?
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

I dunno but I can't wait to find out!
  • Options
    This will be interesting to see what happens to bounty hunters as a whole
  • Options
    The more interesting part is that his ship seems pretty good.
  • Options
    Do we have any info other than what was in the update thread? No? then **** about what you think his rework is, you don't know. (unless you do, then show me!)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Do we have any info other than what was in the update thread? No? then **** about what you think his rework is, you don't know. (unless you do, then show me!)

maybe he didnt realize the update including the boba rework isnt live yet, that's why he thinks boba still sucks ;)
    Post edited by leef on
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Look at the update notes, and you'll know the basics we do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If the Anikin rework has any bearing on this he will be an even better toon then he was.

His biggest problem was not that he was bad, he was just above average. He was too much of an iconic toon to not be at the same lvl of usefulness as QGJ.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    If the Anikin rework has any bearing on this he will be an even better toon then he was.

His biggest problem was not that he was bad, he was just above average. He was too much of an iconic toon to not be at the same lvl of usefulness as QGJ.

Nah, it's because he had too little damage. He was only viable as leader. Of course there was no place for him in dodge/speed/rebel metas.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

I dunno but I can't wait to find out!

The way I read it is that Excecute becomes a special and his basic will be a rifle attack. Hopefully a lot of damage is added to all attacks.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Boba has been changed to a tank to an attacker, since the rework hasn't come out yet all we know is his new anti-taunt and buff abilities, meaning that his damage modifier/output could have been increased a great amount, making him even more viable because of the amount of damage he can do while avoiding taunts and turn meter manipulation.
  • Options
    *from a tank
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I'm hoping they boosted his speed a bit... I'm anxious to see the changes
  • Options
    Mine is about 30 little salvage pieces away from G11. His abilities are already maxed. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they've changed him.
  • Options
    Why is Boba considered the greatest bounty hunter in Star Wars when all it took was a bump from a blind guy into his rocket pack to send him hurdling to his death?
  • Options
    Because he followed the Falcon to Bespin and brought the Empire, resulting in Han's capture. He flew away with him at the end and the good guys lost. He had a stupid death, but jet pack malfunctions run in the family.
  • Options
    Did stu-pid really get censored? That's hilarious. Makes it look like I said a bad word.
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    Give it a rest!

Hey I'm not the one letting opinion get in the way of fact, but if you wanna' keep beating a dead horse...
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    Thought you'd quit anyway?

I'm gonna wait and see what this rework does. I'm hoping it doesn't make him too op. I'm cool with the blaster animation. Judging by the description it sounds like it might be ok.

Just praying that his bread and butter is still his leader ability and ability block.

• Options
    Boba has always been viable in arena just max him out put mods of your choice on him you can get him to 200 speed if you wanted but now I see people hopping on the hype train lol I'm in a 2015 November server and placed top 5 with boba in my team I'm waiting for other scoundrels to release or zam to be ftp to start using them again + slave one is going to bea beast
  • Options
    Boba not viable. Only good thing about him is his leader ability.
  • Options
    Why is Boba considered the greatest bounty hunter in Star Wars when all it took was a bump from a blind guy into his rocket pack to send him hurdling to his death?

Thats the movies bro. They have to knock him out the picture
  • Options

Spoilers:
    Because not even that was enough to kill him. Hence, his "self-revive" ability.
  • Options

Haven't got to use him yet because that part of the update isn't actually out yet, however I agree with this guy. He was viable if you use him properly.
  • Options
    Personally I don't care if people say he wasn't viable, I disagree entirely. I enjoy running a scoundrel team and when Dengar would call him to assist it either killed the target or took a nice chunk of health. Maybe I've been fighting low level guys, I'm not sure. In my opinion if you mod him right, or just enjoy using him, he's viable. Can't wait to try him out once the update drops. Does anyone know if this re-work is coming with this update, or later in December?