star wars force arena

Prev1345
anybody going to be playing?

pre-register just launched

Replies

• Options
    Anyone see the upcoming mobile game? Looks promising. Could be a competitor for this game. Might have to balance between both.
  • scuba
    14103 posts Member
    Options
    I have test drove it. I am personally not a fan but I like my simple button mashing games.
  • Options
    I've played it, and I quite like it. Sitting at around 2000 rating points (basiclly trophies)

How the game works:
    The way the game works is basiclly the same as Clash Royale but set in the Star Wars universe. In this game you will play as either the rebel alliance or the galactic empire, and each faction has many cards each which cost a different amount of energy to deploy (energy generates over time), 7 of which you use in your deck when you play. Examples include basic stromtroopers/rebels, AT-ST walkers, Snipers for each faction, Wookiee warriors, X wing/ Tie fighter air strikes and more. While some cards are of course better than others, and some are better at different things, there is no card that when used will automatically win you a match and balance is existent. (the closest thing is the AT-ST card as it is basiclly large guaranteed damage to a turret (you destroy turrets to win), but it doesn't automatically give you a win as rebels can still counter it and destroy your turrets.

Leaders/Uniques
    You also get to use one leader in your deck, which is an iconic character from the Star Wars universe you get to play as and run around the battlefield with, each with their own special ability and leadership ability. The rebels leaders are Luke (he has a lightsaber unlike Luke in this game), Leia, Han, Lando and Ezra (From SW rebels). The empire leaders are EP, Vader, Bossk, Boba Fett and Dengar. All of them can be unlocked as a FTP thanks to the missions (these are usually: upgrade this card to this level, or win this many matches for this faction, or obtain this many cards etc.) Missions also provide pretty reasonable rewards such as higher rarity cards, and good amounts of gold. Each leader also has one unique card that can only be used if you are playing that specific leader, for example Boba has a slave 1 airstrike, EP can summon royal guards, Han can summon OT chewbacca, Luke can summon Old Ben kenobi etc. Each unique does something special, for example chewie taunts, old Ben mind tricks enemies into fighting for you, slave 1 air strike bunches up enemies before blowing them up etc. uniques are a bit harder to obtain, but the good ones are well worth it.

Essentially if you want to get a feel for this game, go play Clash Royale for a bit to get a scope on what the game will be like. I can definitely see it being SWGOHs biggest competitor and it has a lot of potential for future updates. Probably the best part is this game is developed by Netmarble as oppose to EA/CG, so nerfs can actually happen (last update was actually a nerf to some OP empire stuff and a buff to weak rebel stuff to make it somewhat relevant), and there probably won't be platform exclusives or many of the other problems this game has or had.
  • Options
    Have tried it and am at 4k+ rank points. The amount of stuff that f2p players can get is really great, with the main incentive for paying being to get credits and speeding up card pack opening time. You start off with 4 legendaries: luke and leia for light side, and EP and bossk for dark side. Each legendary has a powerful unique card, but these are hard to obtain.

The game is slowing down imo as the gap between light and dark side is too great. Luke starts off great as he has a good hero power, but once the imps start getting ATSTs and higher leveled rocket troopers, the odds just stack greatly against light side. Imps also have very strong area control as compared to the rebels. Right now, the matchmaking system makes it such that it takes much longer to queue on the darkside since few players play light side. Meanwhile, u are almost guaranteed a light side game once u press the queue button. Looks like there will be more imp nerfs to come.
  • Options
    I've been playing all evening. It's a great MOBA style game so far... Although I had PTSD from SW:GoH when I saw crystals and credits
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I've been playing all evening. It's a great MOBA style game so far... Although I had PTSD from SW:GoH when I saw crystals and credits

it kinda is a clash royale clone

• Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Played a couple of rounds, reached lvl 3... hmm... mixed feelings. Game feels sluggish and not very dynamic (and isn't that what MOBAs should be?). Unlocking packs that will take hours is a bit odd. Sure, you can use crystals but it seems you'll be wasting plenty of time without it.

Not sure I'll be playing it for very long. Not my cup of tea, I guess.
  • Options
    Game is sweet!

CIzJaPG.jpg
  • Options
    totally terrible
    gives a feeling of a second-hand game born "neighboring" a movie and destined to die soon
  • Options
    Soo yea..force arena just opened up globally..well 5 mins into playing game i already have krennic and the grand inquisitor and luke with a lightsaber...galaxy of heroes better get cracking..cuz this new starwars game is sweet
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    I don't personally see swgoh losing many, if any to force arena, I played it last night, it was fun for about the first 5 matches that were exactly the same every time, maybe if there was more to do in the game it would be better bit I'm already tired of it.
  • Options
    Looks a little bit too complex and yet repetitive for me.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Oh i agree..its fun to play for a bit.for something new...i just like the fact that they have toons to play that this games does not..id never quit this one..im in too deep spent way to much money now..lol
  • Options
    Hated it. Felt like that Walking Dead game, which I also hate.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Played a bit more. Got Boba Fett, getting more and more convinced that I don't like this game. It's boring, repetitive, has NO sense of progression, hardly any customization (it really doesn't seem to matter what troops you bring into the fight) and is bugged to hel... heck. I've had the game forget to respawn my hero for much longer than the counter indicated, letting my opponent ravage my base with impunity.

The idea is nice, but at this point it's more of an early beta than a full-fledged game. So much potential wasted... :(
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »
    Played a bit more. Got Boba Fett, getting more and more convinced that I don't like this game. It's boring, repetitive, has NO sense of progression, hardly any customization (it really doesn't seem to matter what troops you bring into the fight) and is bugged to hel... heck. I've had the game forget to respawn my hero for much longer than the counter indicated, letting my opponent ravage my base with impunity.

The idea is nice, but at this point it's more of an early beta than a full-fledged game. So much potential wasted... :(

it does have a few bugs such as crashing during game and not allowing you to re-join crashes

as for rebels it does seem to matter seeing how they get a sentry gun while empire is more trap based
  • Options
    I wonder what will be next for this game now that force arena came out with all the things that aren't in this game.
    Also wondering how many people like the new game better than this one.
  • Options
    I wonder what will be next for this game now that force arena came out with all the things that aren't in this game.
    Also wondering how many people like the new game better than this one.

as for heroes it's mostly episode 4 5 6 along with rebels and rouge one
  • Options
    I dunno. I gave it a try and that game doesn't seem to have a lot to do. Nice graphics, though.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    I dunno. I gave it a try and that game doesn't seem to have a lot to do. Nice graphics, though.

it's a star wars moba game
  • Options
    I saw a trailer if the other game and have no interest. Looks like Warcraft in 3rd person meshed with a Star Wars comic animation movie.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    its pretty different from goh. Both are good games but for different kinds of people.

its a little bit like the original warcraft but not very. the battles last about 5 minutes
  • Options
    its nice that the rebels show characters lightsabers aren't needles in this
  • Options
    I played a couple. I'm mid Heroic AAT so that was my focus.
  • Options
    Hey I just started and I'm trying to have a guild lined up for when I hit 3. I'm a GL here so would prefer being a soldier there. Anyone looking for a team guy who goes hard PM me please.
  • Options
    This game just recently came out, it's pretty cool, if you haven't downloaded it yet. Very similiar to Swgoh in some ways

You can collect characters and gear them up. it's a lot less grindey than swgoh though
  • Options
    I have downloaded it but haven't gone through all of the beginning yet mainly because of work then doing all my swgoh stuff after like arena locking my rank 1 spot
  • Options
    Please do us a favor and promote another game on its own forum, or in other means aside from EA/CG's forums.
    SnakesOnAPlane