Game Update 1/17/2017 *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Its like how crit immunity overrides advantage.

200% chance to crit (that's what the advantage buff gives) * 0% chance to crit is still 0%.

100% chance to revive * 0% chance to revive = 0%
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Mvnson wrote: »
    If you already have a Shoretrooper unlocked at 4*, it will only cost just under $150 for the last 3 stars. Thank you team!

It could cost you nothing if you farmed it slowly from free crystals.

Thank you for the reply. The thought of getting it "free" never crossed my mind.

If you got 320 free crystals a day (dailies plus top 20 arena), that's 4 shards per day. 4 to 7 star takes a mere 250 shards. Only 62 days for that, while using the most premium currency in the game to the exclusion of everything else.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I am confused as a lot of those characters are already in shipments already...

I don't believe the solution to fixing the game is just adding more characters. Maybe, you find it best from a business perspective to get people to shell out more money, but give more thought to balance please. It was nice to see some reworks of other characters in the last update such as Fett, but there are many others that need a rework, and I would like to see a greater showing of characters (excluding the new toons), beyond Wedge, Lando, Biggs, and Palpatine etc. Nightsisters for example need a rework so they are actually worth using. Variety is what makes this game continually exciting, and perhaps with the zeta abilities it will help, but obtaining them is a big jump, and until then everyone just uses Wedge, Biggs, Lando etc.

Essentially I'd like to see greater balance of what characters we already have before new characters are added. I understand one can never have complete balance, but there is still a lot of room for it.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Ugnaught, Resistance, or Ewok characters needed. Another event that I have no characters ready for . Oh and only a week away, plenty of warning there. Thanks EA

Ground War is coming in Feb, after the next run of Forest Moon. Resistance and Ewoks are all rather farmable. If you don't have the units to participate this time, you will know what you need in the future if you want to.

@CG_CapGaSP
    I understand that Resistance/Ewoks/Ugnaught are all rather farmable, but they're all also light side characters. There aren't really any events like this that require solely dark side characters/squads. Having an event tuned to Sith/Nightsisters/First Order/Separatist or something would be much appreciated :)
    We're still only really being rewarded for building light side teams, whereas those building dark side teams won't be getting as much out of this kind of event. Just an observation.
  • Options
    Wooow
  • Options
    When does the Krennic event start.... i assume today?

The next update on future events is a week from now so Krennic is between now and then
  • Options
    Death and Krenik BEST CHOICE EVER!!!! congrats on listening, would have skipped rebels altogether for this 2 units alone
  • Options
    Because power creep in guaranteed. New Meta upcomming...... Krennic + Death Trooper

Krooper?
    Dennic?
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Rizn wrote: »
    Looks like quantity has changed also. Just saw 8 Baze shards for 650 crystals. Nice.

Nice until you realize they increased the price?

I'd expect to pay more for 8 shards than 4.
  • Options

The next update on future events is a week from now so Krennic is between now and then

Special Operations starts later in January.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    I am guessing Krennic has a synergy with Moff Tarkin granting him extra moves.
  • Options
    Peter2291 wrote: »
    Why can't you just add Rebel Luke? Why one of the main characters like him is not availble yet? So tired of seeing him with a rifle.

More Rebels?! I'm glad to see Drennic.
  • Options
    I'm so so so grateful that Krennic and Death Trooper aren't unlocked via tournaments, but instead through an event.

Thank you so much! :smiley:
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    640 crystals for 8 shoretrooper shards. I hardly call that farmable. Pass
  • Options
    Wootus wrote: »
    I'm so so so grateful that Krennic and Death Trooper aren't unlocked via tournaments, but instead through an event.

Totally agree!!
  • Options
    Like the no tourny for new toons but id take a kotor sith over another old empire queen in krennic(dont care for old white guys in this game ie tarkin and dancing queen dooku)
  • Options
    What I am hoping for the most out of the special operations is that everyone will get exactly the same amount of shards and hopefully NOT more RNG drops for how many shards you get, if it's more RNG and the total amount of shards available ranges from the minimum being enough to get 3* all the way to potentially 7* then I'll probably hate it... I mean I know it's the fairest way to get varying grades of the characters out there to potentially ANY player, but the RNG gods have some kind of vendetta against me haha
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This...
    And baze is no more farmable there was before.

Still good news, just nothing ground breaking
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

Still better than the previous 1199 crystals for 10 Scariff Rebel Loser shards and 10 Shoretrooper offer IMO.
  • Options

+1
  • Options
    Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    Just wanna say I **** love the devs. FINALLY KRENNIC AND DEATHTROOPER! Not to mention farmable ST and Baze malbus. The new partner system which will open SOOOOOO many opportunities. Devs; you know how to treat a girl. Much love ❤️

Which partnersystem? U mean forced ally? That was part of k2 event... U had to take a k2 ally
  • Options
    2 bug fixes? So many toons/ships are not working as advertised. I like the new darkside characters but please let's get these bugs under control.
  • Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    What I am hoping for the most out of the special operations is that everyone will get exactly the same amount of shards and hopefully NOT more RNG drops for how many shards you get, if it's more RNG and the total amount of shards available ranges from the minimum being enough to get 3* all the way to potentially 7* then I'll probably hate it... I mean I know it's the fairest way to get varying grades of the characters out there to potentially ANY player, but the RNG gods have some kind of vendetta against me haha

Well really it should be like the Emp mode.

You need a specific squad at a specific level and you must be a certain level
  • Options

Wootus wrote: »

Totally agree!!

I've been reading all these positive replies and excitement about the new toons being released In an event and not a tourney. I didn't initially understand why...

Then I realized that you guys are probably assuming these "events" will be like Yoda or Palpatine or even k2so where you just have to beat a few levels and unlock a shiny new 7* toon.

On the other hand, based on about 14 months experience in this game, I assumed that these "events" are going to award a trivial amount of shards (if lucky, enough to unlock a 3* krennic or deathtrooper) then the remaining shards will need to be acquired through "bundles" or other data packs at a premium price. Then sometime in 2-3 months (May the fourth?) released into shipments for 320 crystals per 4 shards.

I'm not FTP, I'm $10.99 a month p2p and I'm not excited at all.
  • Options
    Really great update!!! i hope. THX but what about chirrut? where is he going to be?
  • Options
    So is it empire toons we can back with krennic and deathtrooper or ewoks cause as far as ive read its ewoks or is that just a separate reocurring event? Or is that the event just a 4 in 1 cause it will remain 4× longer then it should?
  • Options
    Krennic and death troopers.... Yes please! Also yeah furnaces would be nice as well.

Looking forward to this update.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Well this is a positive update no more tourney for toons is nice as i love the K2SO event they had. Shame i dont have any Ewoks and only one good Resistence toon that is Rey. And i cant stop farming SThan for Ugnaught. Also does this mean Ugnaught getting Ewok Synergy? Or some kind of Synergy.
  • 0N49X
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Don't want to waste time and resources building up Ug, Ewok and resistance, they served their purpose once you could Solo Rancors P1 with Teebo (gear IX), speed mod challenge (5*& gear VIII), Ug is only useful in Tank raid anyway like Jawas.

And they are not dark side characters that can serve us better in the forthcoming events.
    Post edited by 0N49X on
  • Options
    I'm so glad the poor whales get more toys to destroy us with! They sure get bored with their rebels already.