New player, please help...I think I messed up!!

Replies

• Options
    So will the acolyte and initiative never do combo attacks together or anything? That just seems like a waste to make two similar characters that don't even help each other.
  • Options
    Tie fighter pilot is really really really good.

Rebel team will allow you to get emperor palpatine unlocked who will fit like a glove with royal guard and tie fighter pilot.

Those 3 are in 50% of every boards top 20 arena teams...along with boba fett and vader and wiggs.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Tie fighter pilot is really really really good.

Rebel team will allow you to get emperor palpatine unlocked who will fit like a glove with royal guard and tie fighter pilot.

Those 3 are in 50% of every boards top 20 arena teams...along with boba fett and vader and wiggs.

Ok good so at least I can salvage royal guard and tie pilot! But I need the rebels to get emporer and all I have is Luke. Someone said to farm bigs and stormtrooper Han and boba first. Who else do I need for rebels
  • Options
    Gamorean guard is decent enough in the endgame with a zeta vader lead. CUP at least introduced you to the power of stuns, but he winds up hitting like a piece of dried straw and is slow, seems good in beginning though.

Try daka, her stun % is higher AND she can hit 2 peopke with it. Gamorean guard is still great for credit heist.

Rebels
    Scoundrels
    Empire
    Droids

Focus on making a team for each.
    Jedi are over-rated but not useless.

And tell luke to go shoot some whomp-rats!

So everyone keep saying rebels and Biggs and stormtrooper Han and boba first. When do droids come in. Do I need them to get anybody else
  • Options
    Gamorean guard is decent enough in the endgame with a zeta vader lead. CUP at least introduced you to the power of stuns, but he winds up hitting like a piece of dried straw and is slow, seems good in beginning though.

Try daka, her stun % is higher AND she can hit 2 peopke with it. Gamorean guard is still great for credit heist.

Rebels
    Scoundrels
    Empire
    Droids

Focus on making a team for each.
    Jedi are over-rated but not useless.

And tell luke to go shoot some whomp-rats!

So everyone keep saying rebels and Biggs and stormtrooper Han and boba first. When do droids come in. Do I need them to get anybody else

Droids like ig86 and 88 and hk47 are very strong and easy to get. Jawa engineer makes them even stronger. They can help pull you through rough battles with massive damage.
  • Options
    Droids are above average in every aspect of the game....not the best, just B+ or A- in every aspect.

As far as rebels...

Lando and sthan...because they count as rebels AND scoundrels.

Wedge + biggs = wiggs
    Thats 4 now...
    Admiral ackbar should be next because he has a command ship which you will have to have.

As far as scoundrels...

Lando and sthan...kill 2 birds with one stone.
    Boba fett- because he is the most interesting bounty hunter of the the year (que dos equis commercial)
    Ig-88 amazing dps...just amazing
    5th spot...well you have greedo and gamorean guard... id use mr. Pig but thats just me.

Work onbthose teams first then slowly expand to the imps and top off with droids and jedi.

Yoda is not worth the hype, niether is general grevious. (Lots of wasted time with those two)
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    Yeah no joke unless you intend to scrap your farming plans and shift maybe even restart your account. It will take ages to fix whats wrong with your toons. There is no synergy strictly in being light or dark side. It feels like you assumed any toon was good and that just random light side was good synergy. You need common types ie clones, jedi, empire, rebels and even at that they must be the right ones.

Yeah when I Level up an ability it will tell you the next level will be +15% damage. But I have no way to know what the second or third level up does. I been waiting for the nightsister initiative and acolyte to unlock combo moves together

"Combo moves"?.... There's no such thing in this game, there are certain characters that can call other members of your team to attack in addition to their own but "combos" don't exist. The closest thing you might get is a certain couple of characters have little bonuses if another specific character is in your team, read the abilities of biggs and wedge, or baze and chirrut, they will give you an idea of what I mean.
  • Options
    swgoh.com has list of all abilities on all characters...and everything else you could eant to know.
  • Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    Khayman wrote: »
    Yeah no joke unless you intend to scrap your farming plans and shift maybe even restart your account. It will take ages to fix whats wrong with your toons. There is no synergy strictly in being light or dark side. It feels like you assumed any toon was good and that just random light side was good synergy. You need common types ie clones, jedi, empire, rebels and even at that they must be the right ones.

Yeah when I Level up an ability it will tell you the next level will be +15% damage. But I have no way to know what the second or third level up does. I been waiting for the nightsister initiative and acolyte to unlock combo moves together

"Combo moves"?.... There's no such thing in this game, there are certain characters that can call other members of your team to attack in addition to their own but "combos" don't exist. The closest thing you might get is a certain couple of characters have little bonuses if another specific character is in your team, read the abilities of biggs and wedge, or baze and chirrut, they will give you an idea of what I mean.

I mean like call to assist
  • Options
    And the characters with bow and arrow should have attacks like hawkeye like a volley of arrows duh. Since when does an archer not have an aoe in an rpg?
  • Options
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Man, either you are big fat troll or one of the dumbest player I have seen. Give us your ally code otherwise I cannot believe that you can have such big load of garbage

This is not very nice at all. Apparently someone needs to learn some basic manners.
  • crzydroid
    7371 posts Moderator
    Options
    So a couple of things...you seem to keep mentioning that you expect certain characters to work well together because they have the dame faction, or were together in movies, etc. But you really need to look at their kits. Others have mentioned swgoh.gg, and I really recommend this as a place to see what characters will look like levelled up. If toons work well together, it will specifically say in their abilities. After a while you can start to infer other synergies; for example, Vader and Boba Fett have specials that do more damage for each debuff on an enemy, so bringing in other toons who give debuffs could help them.

Also, don't base expectations on what you see in PvE stuff. Often they are different. Remember the boss gamorrean is a totally different character, and the raid in general is as completely different scenario than what you'll ever have. Look at what enemies do in GW and arena to get an idea if you like them. Also, get allies and borrow characters to see what they're like.
  • Options
    Man, either you are big fat troll or one of the dumbest player I have seen. Give us your ally code otherwise I cannot believe that you can have such big load of garbage

This is not very nice at all. Apparently someone needs to learn some basic manners.

Actually, I'm 99% he's a troll now from his posts in other topics trying to stir the pot.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

Actually, I'm 99% he's a troll now from his posts in other topics trying to stir the pot.

The only other post I have is about not having a block ability so I can skip a turn to bring my healer up instead of killing the last enemy. That makes me a troll?
  • Options

I know that's rude. But I'm sure he's a troll. If he will give the proof I will apologize. But he ignored all the requests, so...
    Is being rude good? No. Is trying to fool and troll the whole forum good? In my opinion no.
  • Options
    Great work!
  • Options
    Morwhen wrote: »
    What do you guys think? Do I have a good plan and synergies for light side and dark side. What team for arena and galactic war? Would you do light or dark or mix them? Who is my best 5? I really want to farm arena and galactic war faster but I have to get more wins to do it.

All the characters you are using or working on are terrible. You need to stop working on them immediately and focus on viable characters. I'd suggest going for rebels (Wedge, Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Lando) or Droids (HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, B2).

Other good characters you could farm are Boba Fett, Jawa Engineer, Tie Fighter Pilot, Royal Guard, Jedi Knight Anakin and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Good luck!

I didn't think a toon could be terrible, that wouldn't be good for the game. I figured if those were the toons I got at the beginning if I get them to end game levels especially if I have an entire team of just one faction it would be really good. With so many skills and abilities all characters should have an equal chance with the right teammates and strategy. Good I have royal guard and tie fighter pilot, but they don't do much damage.

Wait what......tfp does great hell he was in my arena team at 5* so something isn't right here. RG is amazing to at low levels because of his stun. I believe thus is a troll guys
  • Options
    Stop playing this game and focus on grammar lessons.

You really should have other priorities.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What do you guys think? Do I have a good plan and synergies for light side and dark side. What team for arena and galactic war? Would you do light or dark or mix them? Who is my best 5? I really want to farm arena and galactic war faster but I have to get more wins to do it.

All the characters you are using or working on are terrible. You need to stop working on them immediately and focus on viable characters. I'd suggest going for rebels (Wedge, Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Lando) or Droids (HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, B2).

Other good characters you could farm are Boba Fett, Jawa Engineer, Tie Fighter Pilot, Royal Guard, Jedi Knight Anakin and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Good luck!

I didn't think a toon could be terrible, that wouldn't be good for the game. I figured if those were the toons I got at the beginning if I get them to end game levels especially if I have an entire team of just one faction it would be really good. With so many skills and abilities all characters should have an equal chance with the right teammates and strategy. Good I have royal guard and tie fighter pilot, but they don't do much damage.

Wait what......tfp does great hell he was in my arena team at 5* so something isn't right here. RG is amazing to at low levels because of his stun. I believe thus is a troll guys

Why a troll? Can't he be a newbie, as he says he is? Just give him advice or don't, but what's with the aggressive guilty-as-troll-until-proven-innocent? As for TFP--if he's a newbie and hasn't leveled or geared him up much he really and truly might not realize that he's one of the best damage dealers in the game. Just give him corrective feedback (or not) and move on.
  • Options

Good luck!

Why a troll? Can't he be a newbie, as he says he is? Just give him advice or don't, but what's with the aggressive guilty-as-troll-until-proven-innocent? As for TFP--if he's a newbie and hasn't leveled or geared him up much he really and truly might not realize that he's one of the best damage dealers in the game. Just give him corrective feedback (or not) and move on.

True, I thought royal guard was horrible when I started playing. I still don't think he's great, but I use him in my squads at times.
  • Options

Good luck!

Pretty sure there is no possible way anyone capable of finding the forums would have managed to come up with such a bad set of toons by accident. Also he talks about level 53 toons being really strong and how waiting all day to get five pieces of salvage to make one gear piece is so long. It is obviously meant to push people's buttons. The only thing he is missing is that he forgot to say his best toon is Ugnaught because he looks like he will be really useful.

For anyone reading this who is a beginner with this sort of horrible start to their team I would advise to do a bunch of reading on the squad and character strategy forums and then restart their account if at all possible.
  • Options

Good luck!

Pretty sure there is no possible way anyone capable of finding the forums would have managed to come up with such a bad set of toons by accident. Also he talks about level 53 toons being really strong and how waiting all day to get five pieces of salvage to make one gear piece is so long. It is obviously meant to push people's buttons. The only thing he is missing is that he forgot to say his best toon is Ugnaught because he looks like he will be really useful.

For anyone reading this who is a beginner with this sort of horrible start to their team I would advise to do a bunch of reading on the squad and character strategy forums and then restart their account if at all possible.

Some people just need help. And as for finding the forums ... not sure what you're getting at, since they're easily accessible from the game itself.
  • Options
    Just tell him keep farming CUP and NA and NI for their synergies... and to buy more crystals if he has to.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm guessing english isn't the OP's first language, and to be fair, the collection of garbage he has is what they give you to start. What's awesome and funny as hell is that he kept polishing his turds thinking they would turn into diamonds, even putting real money into it. At least he's asking for help now with no apparent shame.
  • Options

Ya, you need to check it swgoh.gg

You can see every ability level for every character.

And stop... Just stop putting any more resources into all your crappy characters.

Oh... And go check out the game "force arena" farming is much easier than swgoh.
  • Options
    Definitely chewy and nigthsisters policeman guard and ewok scout could be a deadly combo I would keep working on them and report back here your arena rank
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Im not sure what made me smile the most... the OP or the people that actually think this is genuine
  • Options
    I smelled troll from a mile away, was not disappointed :) good lols
  • Options
    I was in a similar position 3 months ago. Then a started reading stuff on here and now have a solid rebel team that blazes though GW. To the people who are being a bit 'well duh' how stupid are you' lay off. Not everyone is an anorak spending hours data mining the meta. I played as a way of killing time on my commute and couldn't care less if I am number one. So there is a (new) hope.
  • Options
    I don't know what's more entertaining, the OP or the replies. 5/5 for effort, 1/5 for execution.