How many Wiggs are in YOUR top 50?

Prev13456
With all the claims that Wiggs is no longer the meta, I thought I'd have a quick look at my top 50 to see just how many squads were running Wiggs. And no, not just Wedge lead I'm talking about running them anywhere within the squad. It turns FORTY out of fifty squads in my top 50 are running Wiggs......

BUT it might just be me. So how many Wiggs can be found in your top 50?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Too Many
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    14 out of 50 do NOT include Wiggs. Of those 14, about 3-4 do include just Biggs. November 2016 shard
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Wow. Not bad at all. I'm impressed.
  • Options
    Too Many

I know right? lol
  • Options
    23 but only 2 of top 10 and 5 of top 20.
  • Options
    Top 50? They are on 66% of the top 200 here! xD
  • Options
    14 out of 50 do NOT include Wiggs. Of those 14, about 3-4 do include just Biggs. November 2016 shard

So about 36 teams running Wiggs in a November shard? ****. That's more than I expected.
  • Options
    Dundadarr wrote: »

That's not bad at all. It seems in some shards, they actually are starting to fade.
  • Options
    Top 50? They are on 66% of the top 200 here! xD

JESUS. That's actually insane lol. 66% is CRAZY high
  • Options
    I dunno but enough still. October 2015 shard, meta is shifting now so any nerfes are pointless. Won't be long before they switch to either Empire or a newer meta.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Atomic_Hare
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wiggs is a cheap and easy way of getting good results from Arena battles but better teams are now available. They're probably still the meta, but it is slowly shifting towards the Zeta'able squads. Some will include the Wiggs combo until the player has all 5 of their new teams.

EDIT: To answer the original question, early December 2016 Shard (levels 73-78);
    Ranks 11-50, everyone has Wiggs
    Ranks 1-10, 3 people have Wiggs
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I dunno but enough still. October 2015 shard, meta is shifting now so any nerfes are pointless. Won't be long before they switch to either Empire or a newer meta.

Hopefully. I do agree nerfing Wiggs wouldn't be of much use. If you nerf them, they WILL be bad. Not that I'd have a huge issue with that xD But Imagine there are tens of thousands who wouldn't want that so let them be I guess lol.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Wiggs are still headbusters in the right setup, especially with chaze and GK.
  • JayNyxx
    269 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wiggs is a cheap and easy way of getting good results from Arena battles but better teams are now available. They're probably still the meta, but it is slowly shifting towards the Zeta'able squads. Some will include the Wiggs combo until the player has all 5 of their new teams.

For sure. There are better squads out there but many, if not all of those require a Zeta. And most don't have access to Zetas. So until they become more readily available, I think Wiggs will continue to be the Meta.
  • Options
    Krooper ftp plz then bye bye Wiggs! lol
  • Options
    27. PS how do you check how old the shard is
  • Options
    I ran wiggs team but lost a lot vs empire and other teams. I find them one of the worst meta teams out there now. Too unreliable and squishy. Needs (a bit too much) good RNG to win on offense.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    Wiggs are still headbusters in the right setup, especially with chaze and GK.

YUP! I don't see them fading away as the other metas have.Their synergy is too good for them to just disappear imo (unless they get nerfed, which I doubt) Whether that's a good thing or not, its another debate for another time.
  • Options
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »

LOL do you see how expensive it is to get Krooper? They won't be the meta ANYTIME soon unless they reduce the price or make them F2P
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    JayNyxx wrote: »

That's not bad at all. It seems in some shards, they actually are starting to fade.

This is kinda what my shard is like, the top 10 only has 2 Wiggs teams, but those two also have Chaze. It's mostly Empire with a couple zQGJ+GK in the top 10. December 2015 shard, no uber whales with DT/Krennic though, Empire just took over, tons of Zader and EP leads.

Top 50? Pretty much everyone below the top 20 is running Wiggs, but they don't get into the top 20 very much the way they used to. I can hold top 20 overnight and usually get 6-10 at payout with my EP, Vader, TFP, Plo Koon, STH (Still gearing up shore, but STH is nice for the TM gain against all the Zader teams)
  • JayNyxx
    269 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Not sure. Most people just know when they started I guess lol
  • Options

Lol alright all I know is it's not old enough to have any lvl 85s, but everyone in top 50 is above 80
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I ran wiggs team but lost a lot vs empire and other teams. I find them one of the worst meta teams out there now. Too unreliable and squishy. Needs (a bit too much) good RNG to win on offense.

True. But Empire is ANTI Rebel and they do very well against them. Everyone else? Not so much.

Also with Shore & Baze out there now, Biggs cant just incinerate everyone making them unreliable. If they don't have an auto taunt though, I think they do very well
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Jan 2016 shard and I would say (without actually looking well over half) however its not really if Wiggs is there but who is with them... thats whats changing
  • Options
    Roughly half of the top 50 in my shard are Wiggs. I'm the only person actually running Vader as the lead lol ... (top 10).
  • Options

Lol alright all I know is it's not old enough to have any lvl 85s, but everyone in top 50 is above 80

Probably a late Summer, early Autumn shard then
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

This is kinda what my shard is like, the top 10 only has 2 Wiggs teams, but those two also have Chaze. It's mostly Empire with a couple zQGJ+GK in the top 10. December 2015 shard, no uber whales with DT/Krennic though, Empire just took over, tons of Zader and EP leads.

Top 50? Pretty much everyone below the top 20 is running Wiggs, but they don't get into the top 20 very much the way they used to. I can hold top 20 overnight and usually get 6-10 at payout with my EP, Vader, TFP, Plo Koon, STH (Still gearing up shore, but STH is nice for the TM gain against all the Zader teams)

Nice! I'm glad the meta is ACTUALLY changing in some shards.
  • Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

LOL do you see how expensive it is to get Krooper? They won't be the meta ANYTIME soon unless they reduce the price or make them F2P

Said ftp (=f2p) @JayNyxx
  • Options

Said ftp (=f2p).

Oh my bad lol. Fingers crossed for F2P then xD