All You Jedi Haters Just Wait.

Prev13
There seems to be a profound hatred for Jedi on these forums because the new Sith meta can beat them easily and they don't hit hard enough. But eventually we're gonna get Grandmaster Luke, who undoubtedly is gonna be the best character in the game because he's one of the most powerful characters in the Star Wars universe, and the most important. I'm sure he'll have some new abilities/leadership to make Jedi a powerful faction once more. Just you wait

Replies

• Afa
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Shoot I am just waiting for regular JK Luke or even Master Luke... By then there should also be a jedi rework.

There dang well better be a Jedi rework, it is quite needed.

I am in a level 60-68 new shard right now and am the only one in the top 50 with a jedi team. Everyone else is using rebel cookie cutter crap.

I still hit first rank every arena payout though. It feels **** good
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yung_Hen wrote: »
    There seems to be a profound hatred for Jedi on these forums because the new Sith meta can beat them easily and they don't hit hard enough. But eventually we're gonna get Grandmaster Luke, who undoubtedly is gonna be the best character in the game because he's one of the most powerful characters in the Star Wars universe, and the most important. I'm sure he'll have some new abilities/leadership to make Jedi a powerful faction once more. Just you wait

Luke is def not the most important unless he is made more important than anakin in the upcoming films.

And luke wasn't really all that powerful lol compared to other Jedi in the Star Wars lore.

Btw lore power don't equal game power
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't think Luke was interested in being powerful, more like doing the right thing, which is what made him different from Vader. I would rather not see him end up being overpowered
  • Options
    Even without the sith love currently, Jedi have always kinda been wet noodles in game.
    They deserve some love soon too.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

Luke is def not the most important unless he is made more important than anakin in the upcoming films.

And luke wasn't really all that powerful lol compared to other Jedi in the Star Wars lore.

Idk man, in just 1 year Luke went from barely pulling a saber out of the snow, to being able to stand 1v1 vs Vader and tanking palpatines force lightning. You can say Vader wasn't trying to hurt luke, but I don't think Vader planned for Luke to have that sudden burst of power and chop his hand off.
  • Options

He's the main character for all the movies and I'm sure he'll be a big part in the upcoming movies as well. And in the EU he was insanely powerful, he could take starships down by himself and make planets shake with just the force. There's no way the devs don't make one of the most popular fictional characters in history one of the most powerful characters in this game.

• Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Idk man, in just 1 year Luke went from barely pulling a saber out of the snow, to being able to stand 1v1 vs Vader and tanking palpatines force lightning. You can say Vader wasn't trying to hurt luke, but I don't think Vader planned for Luke to have that sudden burst of power and chop his hand off.

In almost every instance in Star Wars the Jedi have always had their biggest power surge when tapping into the dark side anger and rage. But yes in sure Vader didn't expect it but he could of killed luke multiple times had he really wanted to.

• Options
    Do they have to compensate Hamil for his likeness? Could be the roadblock
  • Options

He's the main character for all the movies and I'm sure he'll be a big part in the upcoming movies as well. And in the EU he was insanely powerful, he could take starships down by himself and make planets shake with just the force. There's no way the devs don't make one of the most popular fictional characters in history one of the most powerful characters in this game.

He is popular for non-EU stuff though
  • Options

In almost every instance in Star Wars the Jedi have always had their biggest power surge when tapping into the dark side anger and rage. But yes in sure Vader didn't expect it but he could of killed luke multiple times had he really wanted to.

Well yeah, I stated that Vader didn't plan to kill Luke. But Luke just being able to suddenly overpower Vader is a feat I'm sure many Jedi wouldn't of been able to accomplish.
  • Options

Well yeah, I stated that Vader didn't plan to kill Luke. But Luke just being able to suddenly overpower Vader is a feat I'm sure many Jedi wouldn't of been able to accomplish.

Very true but most Jedi also didn't have a Sith Lord as a father and have a family bond lol
  • Options

Very true but most Jedi also didn't have a Sith Lord as a father and have a family bond lol

Haha true dat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i love jedi and jedi love me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

Jedi are already viable if you have zqgj and a super fast yoda (zeta if possible). Round out the team with some combo of Aayla, JKA, Zarris, GK and profit. They are like the new version of droids, meaning they can move up easily, but don't hold rank all that well.
  • Options
    Wait until May.

It just makes sense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Afa
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Why... seriously stop comparing how the game should be to the lore.

It's simple, Jedi synergy is under-powered in the current meta, near nonexistent. Same with strength of Jedi characters vs Sith.

Luke should be made OP (If that is what you consider Palpatine, Zaul, Zader) because Jedis currently have nothing as strong as those three sith, especially when it comes to synergy. A rework of Jedi synergy can't be stressed enough to balance things out. Yoda could use a damage buff as well.
  • Options
    Grandmaster Luke will come out when there's around 10 players left in the game.
  • Options
    Tactyou wrote: »
    Grandmaster Luke will come out when there's around 10 players left in the game.

At this rate I know right. :D
  • Options
    Yeah Jedi are going to come back pretty hard on their faction pass. There are so many of thems it will be tough for the devs not to accidentally make a combo that will be super op.
  • Options
    Is luke confirmed?did i miss it?if yes is there a link?
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    We've only been waiting for over a year, can't be much longer right??? :p
  • Options

Do you not realize you just contradicted yourself?
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It seems the meta keeps changing to different factions over time. So I'm sure we'll get a Jedi buff at some point, maybe this year and they'll be the OP team for awhile. With a Jedi Luke release would make sense to buff them. Whenever that will be. Jedi aren't bad though, they've never been bad. Just not great. They kinda always just sit below the top sides but never really fall down either. I'd say they are probably the most consistent faction in the game.
  • Options
    Nobody is hating on Jedi OP. Since day one Jedi outnumbered Sith 3 to 1. Sith are finally getting the attention and reworked that is well deserved. Jedi are gonna have their day too, you just gonna have to be patient. Isn't that the Jedi thing? Patience?
  • Options
    There's only one reason or way jedi luke will be put in this game in my opinion. When the game is failing to generate profit and will soon be shut down they will bring out jedi Knight luke as a last ditch attempt to save the game. Why else would they bring him out and it's the only reasonable cause to not have him in the game yet. 1 year anniversary would have made sense as well but for the game to be out this long and still not have him, seems like I'm right
  • Options
    The Bespin Luke (with blue lightsaber will be released before the green one) and he is not a Jedi. So, it will take a long time to Grand master Luke arrive. The Meta will change until there.
  • Options
    There's plenty of Lukes they can give us. How about just giving us Bespin Luke thats in the game already? This will keep people quiet for a bit but we'll still have rotj Luke and Luke from the newer episodes.
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The Bespin Luke (with blue lightsaber will be released before the green one) and he is not a Jedi. So, it will take a long time to Grand master Luke arrive. The Meta will change until there.

Chronologically by movie standards that makes sense. But what won't make a bit of sense is if they don't release episode 8 Luke this December. $$$
  • Options
    Clearly, you've never went against a zeta yoda, zeta qui gon, and zeta General kenobi. Jedi definitely do not need a rework
  • Options
    Knighthawk wrote: »
    Clearly, you've never went against a zeta yoda, zeta qui gon, and zeta General kenobi. Jedi definitely do not need a rework

Zeta General Kenobi... right. you've definitely gone up against that