Poe: A Plea for Context from @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

Replies

• Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Enklave

Lately Poe is easier to beat. The one shot potential is lower because people now getting maxed out. I also think that at level 80, the one shot potential will be even lower. If we start nerfing now it might turn out to be as useful as the barriss nerf was. When my 4* Poe taunts second vs his 7* Poe, I still win. I'll make more vids because that 99% you speak of is not true. Currently I win over 50% vs Poe matchups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCwI6vcncII

Uhm... just noticed that you are using Poe in the video... and to say you are winning more is not really valid when you are countering a Poe team with your Poe...
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    @Enklave

Lately Poe is easier to beat. The one shot potential is lower because people now getting maxed out. I also think that at level 80, the one shot potential will be even lower. If we start nerfing now it might turn out to be as useful as the barriss nerf was. When my 4* Poe taunts second vs his 7* Poe, I still win. I'll make more vids because that 99% you speak of is not true. Currently I win over 50% vs Poe matchups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCwI6vcncII

Uhm... just noticed that you are using Poe in the video... and to say you are winning more is not really valid when you are countering a Poe team with your Poe...

Exactly, with this video you are only confirming that the only Poe counter is... POE! And this isn't a good think for both game balance AND game longevity, which are 2 concepts linked..
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    [
    Oh, and if Poe loses his turn meter reduction or speed, the meta will become 5 turn 1 attackers - Rey, GS, Dooku, Sid, Leia and some Hoth Scout. Maybe some QGJ and Phasma thrown in the mix. Sounds even worse to me
    I don't think so. The reason is because it is s turn based game. Sure, speed and damage will always be important. Maybe too much with current health levels. But if you have those rey - GS- dooku- Sid -Leia and the other team has a healthy mix with some of those, but also a few others, then it goes your-turn-my-turn. I could also mix a few tankier chars like Oppress and Fives, able to stand some damage. Those would never be useful vs Poez as their damage is low to breqk through Poe's tank HP, but maybe it%s enough to take down squishies targets like Leia. Combat would be/(£I think)Your rey attacks, then my GS does, your Sid AOE, my Dooku stuns ,etc. If you have Poe and he goes first, it's your Poe, your GS, Your Rey, your Dooku, your Leia, my turn. If I have people slive

• Options
    I expected that to happen :)
    This isn't level 70 yet but here is an example how non Poe teams can beat it. Just want to state that the assumption of 99% loss vs Poe teams is a simple lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zg80WL61xI

But I'll make some vids of the Poe meta today without myself using Poe.
    Curious to see how it turns out.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This isn't level 70 yet but here is an example how non Poe teams can beat it. Just want to state that the assumption of 99% loss vs Poe teams is a simple lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zg80WL61xI

But I'll make some vids of the Poe meta today without myself using Poe.
    Curious to see how it turns out.

Don't get me wrong. Of course losing 99% of the time against a Poe team is a complete lie. I win against Poe teams to compete in my server. I have to.

But because of the immense advantage he brings, it is no surprise that many teams field him in their line-up and that's no good for the diversity. Too much damage and too much speed coupled with Poe is killing it. Perhaps aside from Asajj in that video, those other heroes are all regulars in the Arena. The same. old. heroes - i.e. Poe, Sid, Phasma, Leia, FOTP, QGJ (and missing from the video, Rey, GS, Poggle, IG-86 and Lumi). I really would like to ask CG what percentage of the top 200 teams in the Arena across mature servers does not use at least 3-4 of them. I wouldn't be surprised if there is cliff after those 10-15 heroes.

...and to quell all this Poe talk that has been raging on for weeks, CG could put an end to it by providing the stats of the win % of "Poe + high speed/dps" team vs. the rest within the top 200 ranks of mature servers. If there is a minimal difference, people who call for Poe nerf can stop. If otherwise, people who say quit whining can stop. Why is CG being a bystander to all this rage when there is a simple solution?
  • Options
    This pos thing is annoying. Learn to play better and stop whining.
  • Options
    elFlaco wrote: »
    This pos thing is annoying. Learn to play better and stop whining.[/quo
    This guy...i've just lolled..
    If i want a game that requires real Skill i play Dota.. :D
  • Options
    That's it :/ my inbox can't take anymore :/ /unsubscribe thread and wait for the update!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    This isn't level 70 yet but here is an example how non Poe teams can beat it. Just want to state that the assumption of 99% loss vs Poe teams is a simple lie..

Who has claimed 99% lose ratio vs Poe? In particular, with AI being so dumb targeting, and with RNG variance, 1% is ridiculuous. Just winning 1 of 5 you get 20%.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Triqui
    Enklave wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Lowering his speed or removing his turn meter will make Poe completely worthless.....

No, it would make him competitive. Now he is impossible to stun, remove taunt or apply heal block. If they lower his tenacity a bit, it doesn't make much more difference. It will still be high than any other character.

With his speed and turn meter he is so imba, Even if he survive just for one round, at least one of your toons are dead and the match is lost.

I literally losing 99% arena matches where poe is. And there is no difference if I trying to change formation (I have 7* Lumi, dooku, sid, phasma, JC, 6* chewi, asajj, daka), no one can compete against this wall where all dmg dealers are hidden behind.

• Options
    Can you girls please stop crying! He is easily farmable, to you are only hurting F2P. Also, there are plenty of Poe counters and now you can see whole team.

It's a great game stop crying. Seriously. Poe is fine.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Roxo wrote: »
    Can you girls please stop crying!

It's sad that nobody can have a rational discussion about the game without being subjected to endless, childish personal attacks.
    And stop using "girl" as a pejorative. What is this, 1951?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    @Triqui
    Enklave wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Lowering his speed or removing his turn meter will make Poe completely worthless.....

No, it would make him competitive. Now he is impossible to stun, remove taunt or apply heal block. If they lower his tenacity a bit, it doesn't make much more difference. It will still be high than any other character.

With his speed and turn meter he is so imba, Even if he survive just for one round, at least one of your toons are dead and the match is lost.

I literally losing 99% arena matches where poe is. And there is no difference if I trying to change formation (I have 7* Lumi, dooku, sid, phasma, JC, 6* chewi, asajj, daka), no one can compete against this wall where all dmg dealers are hidden behind.

I stand corrected. And fully agree with you, that's an absurd claim.

That said, I'm more surprised that the guy plays a 6* chewie. 0.0
  • Options
    @Triqui @obiwan1011 @Qeltar @Enklave

I just got home and promised to tape the first battle of today by swapping Poe out.
    This is the perfect example of a decent F2P cookie cutter team being able to defeat the feared setup.
    I also had insane bad luck during the initial POEterror. Watch and enjoy, also people don't retreat because you lost a toon during the start. After the nuke it get's better. Anyway I really think the suggested change by @EA_Jesse should be enough to go from there, that's why I ask patience eventho Poe is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S98CQYMuCzo
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Will watch later. I have defeated Poe several times, tho. I'm top 5 in my arena, I know it is posible. Still feel it's bad game design
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @CronozNL - Thanks for the video, but that's not an optimized Poe/DPS team. Replace Kylo, Daka and Phasma with IG-86, GS and Poggle, then see how it goes. I've fought these teams with ones similar to yours and I didn't last 2 rounds.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Qeltar, that's Cassiel at my server, our biggest whale. I'll try catching him now, stand by :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llSqRUqmfzg

I'm sorry Qeltar, you really need to wait and try more. It's really not that OP as you think. Hardly a coin flip and no where near the 20 second defeats as we had pre level cap 70.
    This is why people are so biased when posting here which results in bad decissions, same as Barrissgate. Let devs do it this way and finetune after.

Ohw and @obiwan1011

...and to quell all this Poe talk that has been raging on for weeks, CG could put an end to it by providing the stats of the win % of "Poe + high speed/dps" team vs. the rest within the top 200 ranks of mature servers. If there is a minimal difference, people who call for Poe nerf can stop. If otherwise, people who say quit whining can stop. Why is CG being a bystander to all this rage when there is a simple solution?

Because vocal minority.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Im sick of seeing people cry about Poe all the time and most of them don't spend any money on the game and play for free.

If you dont like it delete the game and play another game
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @CronozNL - Nice win. I don't think it happens without an 11,000 double-crit from your FOTP. They also kept attacking your Kylo and resetting his specials. But yes, it is doable.
    Don't get me wrong, I beat Poe teams sometimes too. It's just that it requires a lot of luck. If your Lumi gets one-shotted at the start instead of Phasma how does this end? (And how crazy is it that Phasma can be one-shotted?!)
    I will have to experiment with putting my Kylo into the mix against the IG-88/HK-47 teams. Thanks for the idea.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Qeltar
    Just as much as Daka in the first vid stunned my toons more than once. Just as that droids AoE nukes down half my team. I use Sid as leader for a reason. The 1 shot on Phasma from his side was as much as my 4* FotP.
    My 4* glass cannon vs his 2 7* ones.

You can downplay it all you want but there is a time where you could just accept how it is and perhaps see it differently.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You can downplay it all you want but there is a time where you could just accept how it is and perhaps see it differently.

I base my opinions mostly on my own experiences. The fact that you beat that team once doesn't mean much because I can beat that team sometimes as well. What matters are the percentages. Most of the time, I lose. Most of the time, you would probably lose as well.
    I never said Poe teams could not be beaten. It's just about the odds.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    To prove that I am not stubborn I just tried a fight, completely changing my team to be close to yours. 7* Sid lead, with 7* Phasma, 7* Kylo, 7* Lumi, and 6* GS (instead of FOTP because mine isn't leveled up.) I fought a Poe/Poggle/HK-47/IG-88/IG-86 team.
    I will admit that it was more effective than I thought. I managed to get several of their guys down in the yellow. But my GS was one-shot off the bat. And I ended up losing with all 5 enemies still standing.
    If I take that same team of mine and replace Phasma with Poe, and Poe goes first, I win. That is the entire problem in a nutshell.
  • Options
    @Qeltar
    Just as much as Daka in the first vid stunned my toons more than once. Just as that droids AoE nukes down half my team. I use Sid as leader for a reason. The 1 shot on Phasma from his side was as much as my 4* FotP.

I would love to see you try that against actual synergized Poe teams.

Is anyone on your server running 7* Poe (L) , Ben , Leia, Rey, QGJ?

None of the teams I've seen in your vids are actual glass cannon/ Poe teams

Try running non-Poe vs teams with 3 of (pick what you want) Rey , FOTP, GS, IG-86, QGJ, Leia.

Have you ever had to fight against a QGJ, 86, GS, Poe + leader (again, pick Sid or Phasma)?

Here's a better example than your vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYgIZXjLr4g

I think I MIGHT have been able to win that second time from a couple lucky rolls on RNG. But it's a much better example.
  • Options
    @Qeltar
    Yes and most players are looking at a 25% filled roster atm. Except some whales but I don't expect them to have the patience to wait out and test different combinations. So I don't take their complaints that serious cause I'm sure with 100% roster, Poe will end up being not in a top 5 state. Did you see every toon at max level with max ability yet cause I haven't.

Pushing your comp full of squishy heroes vs squishy heroes usually ends a game within a short timespan and makes it seem insane overpowered. Also what right do I have to beat our nr 1 on the server who paid quite a bit compared to myself over and over again.
    With my Poe 4* or without, he falls time and time again, even if my 4* Poe when used taunts second, it's fairly easy and beatable.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Aluxendr - I was literally laughing while watching the first fight in your video. That is absolutely, unbelievably insane. There is no possible way CG cannot know that this is happening, so I must conclude that this how they want it to be. Either that or their game designers and QA are completely inept. I prefer not to believe that.
    If I see one more dev go on about how much data they are collecting and how they have so much analysis going on, I will probably start laughing again. Poe was released more than 7 weeks ago. Meanwhile, your video says it all.
    Honestly, my first instinct after watching that was to think I might as well just quit because there's absolutely no way I could ever compete with a team such as yours. Like, ever. Like, you would win 95% of the time against anything I could throw at you. Poe just magnifies the madness.
    Thanks for that.
  • Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    @Qeltar

I would love to see you try that against actual synergized Poe teams.

Is anyone on your server running 7* Poe (L) , Ben , Leia, Rey, QGJ?

None of the teams I've seen in your vids are actual glass cannon/ Poe teams

Try running non-Poe vs teams with 3 of (pick what you want) Rey , FOTP, GS, IG-86, QGJ, Leia.

Have you ever had to fight against a QGJ, 86, GS, Poe + leader (again, pick Sid or Phasma)?

Here's a better example than your vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYgIZXjLr4g

I think I MIGHT have been able to win that second time from a couple lucky rolls on RNG. But it's a much better example.

This! This is meta.
  • Options
    @Aluxendr
    Yes I have had the honor to fight the Ben, Rey, QGJ, Poe, random comp. It wasn't easy and I remember I lost but that's not sololy Poe related. That's the old damage vs hp ratio discussion but also Old Ben.
    Apparently people use other setups, prior to this droid team the same guy was running Leia, QGJ, Poe, FotP and Phasma (L). It was eventually beatable by switching some toons and use Asajj.

But I don't see the problem. That droid team deals the exact insane amount of damage as you show me in that vid.
    Phasma gets shot for 11.5k and an assist hits for 2k > Phasma dead.
    IG hits his AoE for more than 50% of sid and FotP hp which is 11k not considering the other two that got hit as well.
    I see the same crazy numbers in my screen as in yours. But yeah old Ben is beast ;)

So Old Ben, Rey, Sid, FotP, Leia, Poggle, Poe, FOO, Darth Maul, Geo, IG droids, Dooku, Phasma, QGJ and Daka are all OP and that's not only dmg wise. Skills as well. Where does it end? Fortunately we need 5 characters in a team and Poe is being used as much as Sid or Phasma or Lumi or Dooku or QGJ, we can catch em all but we can't select em all.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @Aluxendr - I was literally laughing while watching the first fight in your video. That is absolutely, unbelievably insane. There is no possible way CG cannot know that this is happening, so I must conclude that this how they want it to be. Either that or their game designers and QA are completely inept. I prefer not to believe that.
    If I see one more dev go on about how much data they are collecting and how they have so much analysis going on, I will probably start laughing again. Your video says it all.
    Honestly, my first instinct after watching that was to think I might as well just quit because there's absolutely no way I could ever compete with a team such as yours. Like, ever. Like, you would win 95% of the time against anything I could throw at you. Poe just magnifies the madness.
    Thanks for that.

I've been touting that the turn meter reduction is the main culprit for weeks, and no one listens.

So I started doing videos in general discussion.

The insane thing is that the completely F2P team I listed (GS, Poe, Phasma/Sid lead, QGJ, 86) are even crazier, in my opinion. I just love Ben too much to not use him. Blasters are so inelegant, after all.

And people saying that tanky teams can win all the time are simply not looking at the numbers.

Non- O Up Rey can hit over 13k first turn

Non- O Up Leia can string off 3 hits from 6500-ish damage to 12k-ish damage

A QGJ assist call is guaranteed 7k+, to upwards of 15k with that team

Ben can actually remove 65% meter from Poe BEFORE he get's to taunt, leaving a second round open on your team.

Etc.

Etc.

But that meter reduction doesn't affect the game at all, right?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    If I see one more dev go on about how much data they are collecting and how they have so much analysis going on, I will probably start laughing again. Poe was released more than 7 weeks ago. Meanwhile, your video says it all.
    Thanks for that.

Ok this is hopeless. One random vid suddenly proves everything and mine, showing the exact same fights and damage numbers is suddenly discarded. You only see what you wanna see Qeltar so good luck with the remainder of the discussion. I'm going to spend my time elsewhere again :)
    Perhaps you should quit as you are spending more time being sad about the game than enjoying it.
    @EA_Jesse People are blinded and obsessive about this, hope that's been taken into consideration as well.
  • Options
    Great video. Thank you for sharing the poe coin flip meta.