Do we need Jango Fett?

2Next

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

We all know the clone troopers/storm troopers have the worst aim in the galaxy. Their training is a joke. It conveys no special skill benefits, just armor.

7851f9ad3b6b2362fa457acc00519276139ef6830e2b9a5757a69a6e1469a7e8_large
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Sure if you feel like ignoring the fact that they all have the exact same DNA, which is the only reason the Clones are effective at all.

Realistically there is no reason for the clone trooper profession tag to exist in the game. It conveys no special benefits, it simply signifies that you are a clone of Jango Fett in the service of the Republic. However, being a clone does convey special properties, properties, Jango, Boba, and all other clones share. The Clone tag should exist, the clone trooper tag should not.

Now you can keep on about how they aren't clone troopers, but all you will be doing is intentionally ignoring my point that the trooper part of that is completely irrelevant when it comes to their ability. I never suggested that they get given a clone trooper tag. I suggested that they be given a clone tag. When you pointed out it was a clone trooper tag, I pointed out that was foolish.

We all know the clone troopers/storm troopers have the worst aim in the galaxy. Their training is a joke. It conveys no special skill benefits, just armor.

I hear what you are saying.

If there were a clone tag, then sure, give it to all clones. In which case, Jango wouldn't have it but Boba Fett would. That makes even less sense to me as Boba Fett had even less to do with the other Jango clones.

I'm fairly certain we are just rehashing a nature vs. nurture argument.

You may believe that the clone trooper tag is foolish, but that doesn't change the fact that in the game we have a clone trooper tag. We may all refer to it as "clone" but the words read "clone trooper." Whether that's foolish or not, I can't say. If there was a "clone" racial tag, that would be different...though they really are clones of a Mandalorian.

Now a Mandalorian tag I can get behind!

• Options
    I will never understand the love for the Fett's.
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    I think Boba Fett should have the clone tag first off.

His dad should be too, even though he isn't one (having clones and being a clone probably lead to the same synergy, if not better for the one who was cloned). I'd like to see him get a leader ability that powers up based on the clones in his group.

That's actually a really good point about the clone tag !!

Jango was a bounty hunter not a clone. He was hired by Count Dooku to be the template for the clone DNA so I don't thing clone synergy would make since because he just gave his DNA.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    From the perspective of collecting, I'd love to see all the characters from the movies, but I understand that mechanically in the game it could be hard to make a similar character feel unique if there are that many similar. We can hope!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Yes make it happen.
  • Options
    ["Woodroward;940500"]
    Carbonari wrote: »

They are known as profession and racial tags. Like Jawa, Ewok, Nighsister. This one should be racial, not professional.
    Jawa is a race
    Ewok is a race
    Nightsister is an affiliation

There is no reason Boba Fett should have synergy with clone troopers whatsoever.
    An argument could be made for Jango Fett to have that synergy, but definitely not Boba Fett.

Sure if you feel like ignoring the fact that they all have the exact same DNA, which is the only reason the Clones are effective at all.

Realistic ally there is no reason for the clone trooper profession tag to exist in the game. It conveys no special benefits, it simply signifies that you are a clone of Jango in the service of the Republic. However, being a clone does convey special , properties, Jango, Boba, and all other clones share.

Now can keep on about how they aren't clone troopers, but all you will be doing is intentionally ignoring my point that the trooper part of that is completely irrelevant when it comes to their ability.[/quote]

Sure share DNA but that in itself is not what makes clone troopers effective. troopers (just like any other soldier) are effective because of their rigorous training and field experiences. A clone trooper tag makes perfect sense, they are clones of Jango trained n

They are known as profession and racial tags. Like Jawa, Ewok, Nighsister. This one should be racial, not professional.
    Jawa is a race
    Ewok is a race

There is no reason Boba Fett should have synergy with clone troopers whatsoever.
    An argument could be made for Jango Fett to have that synergy, but definitely not Boba Fett.

Realistically there is no reason for the clone trooper profession tag to exist in the game. It conveys no special benefits, it simply signifies that you are a clone of Jango Fett in the service of the Republic. However, being a clone does convey special properties, properties, Jango, Boba, and all other clones share. The Clone tag should exist, the clone trooper tag should not.

Now you can keep on about how they aren't clone troopers, but all you will be doing is intentionally ignoring my point that the trooper part of that is completely irrelevant when it comes to their ability. I never suggested that they get given a clone trooper tag. I suggested that they be given a clone tag. When you pointed out it was a clone trooper tag, I pointed out that was foolish.

Ok first a clone trooper tag makes perfect sense. They are soldiers cloned from the same DNA trained to fight for the rebublic. it would be no different than if the devs made a republic soldier tag instead of clone trooper.

Secondly, the trooper part of the tag specifies that they are trained soldier with knowledge of field tactics, military etiquette and of military equipment. That means that these soldiers are highly effective in their respective units and aren't trained to fight as individuals. Jango and Boba are trained in much different style and philosophy of fighting and than the clone troopers.

Thirdly, It only makes sense for people to have synergy who work well together, hence the word synergy. The only clones Jango ever met and worked with were the first successful batch of ARC troopers, none of which are ingame.

Lastly, clone trooper had very good aim but weren't perfect as showed in swtcw. Only a few divisions of clones such as the 501st where in active service at the time of Ep IV, most of the stormtroopers where newly trained recruits with little field experience.

• Options
    They should do a clone sergeant phase 2 making him empire and clone, he would gain the leadership abilities of both and count as both for the benefits gained i.e. Storm troopers defence for how many living empire allies there are. He could help blend empire with clones (order 66). It'd be good if he taunted too.
  • Options
    Haha I by the silence I take it no one agrees with my last point ☝️
  • Options

Jawa is a race
    Ewok is a race

Jawa and ewok are species...
    Humans are a species, white or black is a race.
  • Options
    I just thought a cross over point between clones and storm troopers, as they were the same thing at on point, in fact phase 2 armour is used by Darth Vader elite troops
  • Options
    Yes technically you are right but race and species are similar in ethos
  • Telos
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Have the people who are suggesting Jango and Boba deserve a clone tag even watched SW?

First of all, Jango is not a clone. Case closed. You could make the argument that Ventress would have Sith synergy abilities as well, yet she does not have the Sith tag because... She is not a Sith.

Secondly, Boba technically is a clone, yet I'm quite sure if he were real and you'd make that remark to him he'd fire a couple of blaster shots through that thick skull of yours. Yes, he shares the same DNA template, but that's as far as the similarity goes. He did not have accelerated growth, he did not have inhibitor chips implanted and he did not have any Republic trooper training nor does he have any knowledge of Republic protocol. Boba is a renegade outlaw, Clone troopers are soldiers. The DNA is literally the only thing they have in common, which is not enough to warrant a shared tag by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options
    Ventress is probably more of a sith than savage to be fair.
  • Options
    I am totally in for Jango. I think it is a shame he isnt in game yet. Mandalorians are one of the greatest things in star wars. The comics were one of the few things from the Legends continuity that stayed faithful to the laws of the universe Lucas established. Where other mediums diverged and added uneccessary or thoughtless elements pretty much everything involving Mandalorians made Star Wars better. The events have been recanonized quicker than any other legends material, speaking to how popular the faction is. Star Wars Bounty Hunter was one of the best star wars games made for consoles with the only 2 I found more enjoyable being Republic Commando and Rogue Squadron 2.

What I am getting at is that CG cannot go wrong with introducing Mandalorians. Jango, Bo-Katan, Pre Visla, Sabine, etc. people Will spend because mandalorians are a cash cow. They make everything they touch cooler. The Boba rework made Arena that much more fun, and Jango would likewise make arena that much more fun regardless of synergies or lack of.

As for clone tags for Boba or Jango or synergies with clones...it would make little sense. Boba might be a clone but he thinks for himself and Jango never commanded clones. It would be like giving Ahsoka nightsister synergies or denying Asajj synergy with Dooku or making a sith without a lightsaber....
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Telos wrote: »
    Have the people who are suggesting Jango and Boba deserve a clone tag even watched SW?

First of all, Jango is not a clone. Case closed. You could make the argument that Ventress would have Sith synergy abilities as well, yet she does not have the Sith tag because... She is not a Sith.

Secondly, Boba technically is a clone, yet I'm quite sure if he were real and you'd make that remark to him he'd fire a couple of blaster shots through that thick skull of yours. Yes, he shares the same DNA template, but that's as far as the similarity goes. He did not have accelerated growth, he did not have inhibitor chips implanted and he did not have any Republic trooper training nor does he have any knowledge of Republic protocol. Boba is a renegade outlaw, Clone troopers are soldiers. The DNA is literally the only thing they have in common, which is not enough to warrant a shared tag by any stretch of the imagination.

A blind man with a canoe paddle owned him.. I'd call him a clone.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I think Boba Fett should have the clone tag first off.

His dad should be too, even though he isn't one (having clones and being a clone probably lead to the same synergy, if not better for the one who was cloned). I'd like to see him get a leader ability that powers up based on the clones in his group.

Even though Jango was never really considered a clone as he wasn't bred in a laboratory or raised to be a clone, his DNA was used for the clones, so I can see him getting the tag. Same with Boba, though I'd be more hesitant to give Boba the tag.

Personally, I'd like to see Pre Vizsla in the game. He had the same Mandalorian armor style, and had that awesome black saber. He was leader of Death Watch.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pre_Vizsla
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Telos wrote: »

ALL of this. Boba shouldn't have a clone tag. He just looks like them. His skill set is not even close to the same.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Jawa is a race
    Ewok is a race

Realistic ally there is no reason for the clone trooper profession tag to exist in the game. It conveys no special benefits, it simply signifies that you are a clone of Jango in the service of the Republic. However, being a clone does convey special , properties, Jango, Boba, and all other clones share.

Now can keep on about how they aren't clone troopers, but all you will be doing is intentionally ignoring my point that the trooper part of that is completely irrelevant when it comes to their ability.

Sure share DNA but that in itself is not what makes clone troopers effective. troopers (just like any other soldier) are effective because of their rigorous training and field experiences. A clone trooper tag makes perfect sense, they are clones of Jango trained n

Jawa is a race
    Ewok is a race

Ok first a clone trooper tag makes perfect sense. They are soldiers cloned from the same DNA trained to fight for the rebublic. it would be no different than if the devs made a republic soldier tag instead of clone trooper.

Secondly, the trooper part of the tag specifies that they are trained soldier with knowledge of field tactics, military etiquette and of military equipment. That means that these soldiers are highly effective in their respective units and aren't trained to fight as individuals. Jango and Boba are trained in much different style and philosophy of fighting and than the clone troopers.

Thirdly, It only makes sense for people to have synergy who work well together, hence the word synergy. The only clones Jango ever met and worked with were the first successful batch of ARC troopers, none of which are ingame.

Lastly, clone trooper had very good aim but weren't perfect as showed in swtcw. Only a few divisions of clones such as the 501st where in active service at the time of Ep IV, most of the stormtroopers where newly trained recruits with little field experience.

As the person I was originally discussing this with stated: This debate has come down to nature vs. nurture. You say that the stormtroopers with the crappy aim in episode iv weren't clones, yet in the same post you try and say it is the training that gives them the synergy? That is illogical.

Clone troopers start fighting before they reach 5 years of age. How capable is a person at 5 year of age generally? Usually hard to teach complex concepts and athletic feats. How old are people recruited into armies? Late teens early twenties. At that point people are a lot easier to teach.

So we have two groups of people with the same amount of military training. One has no other experience whatsoever, the other has a full childhood of experiences to fall back on. Who should be more effective? the latter. The recruits. If the training is where the synergy comes from, then all the synergy should be the same with both groups, and the one with other experiences should be more effective. That isn't the case though. The clones were more effective, the ONLY advantage they have over the recruits is their DNA, everything else they actually have a detriment to the other group.

I have personally witnessed a few of my friends encounter children they hadn't even known they had only to find out that they act and talk JUST LIKE THEM despite having NEVER met before. These people have synergy simply because they have SOME of the same DNA. Clones have the EXACT same DNA. Their clone status should ABSOLUTELY grant them automatic synergy with anybody who has that same DNA.

Nature vs. Nurture almost always comes down to both leaning one way or the other. In this instance the evidence heavily suggests that the balance is very skewed toward nature instead of nurture.

Hence, it makes far more sense for it to be a clone tag than a clone trooper tag, and it should be applied to Boba and Jango.

• DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options
    Been wanting jango for months now lol
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Mandalorian tag....thats what jango needs...bounty hunter also...but he was mandalorian 1st and foremost.

Jango Fett Abilities
    Westar 34 Onslaught-basic-Jango attacks twice with his dual blasters dealing physical dmg, 50% to attack again if enemy is debuffed, 50% to attack again if enemy is buffed.

Mandalorian Versitility-3 turn cd-Jango targets one enemy through taunts and uses rocket pack to inflict physical dmg, dispel and inflict buff immunity on tanks. Whipcord to deal special dmg, stun and inflict offense down on attackers. Flamethrower to inflict physical dmg and ability block on healers and support.

You Cant Kill an Idea- unique-Jango gains 25% counter chance while he has protection. Jango gains tenacity up when protection gone for 2 turns. Jango places a thermal detonator on death upon his killer, this detonator deals the same damage his killing blow did, immediately.

Protection - Very high
    Health - Moderate
    Physical Attack - Very High
    Defense - High

Only synergy via tags should be with bounty hunters.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Obviously we need Jango. He singlehandedly escaped from and almost killed (with a little bit of help from Boba of course) Obi-Wan Kenobi THE master of defensive light saber combat Soresu. Not even General Grevious with his four lightsabers could defeat or escape from Master Obi-Wan. If he's going to have synergy with anyone it should be with Zam Wessel.

Why should Jango have synergy with Zam? He killed Zam because she was captured, they didn't have any specific synergies in the film, she was just another part of the job and when she failed he killed her with a poisoned dart from kamino.

Prior to Episode 2, Jango and Zam were somewhat partners. Zam was present when Jango first acquired the Slave 1.