Link here
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • Options
    He is, isn't he. Ok.
  • Options
    There have been multiple threads on the upcoming META breaker known as Pao.

Plus he is in the latest update as the login character for April.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Think about it... where does the movie "rogue one" get its name? The name comes from the imperial freighter thing that the rebels used to sneak into the base on scarif... and who was on the "rogue one" strike team that doesn't already have a ship? Pao. Seriously, there's not much of a reason for him to be in game... I think they will release bodhi rook and "rogue one" in tue future and it will be crewed by either bodhi, pao, or maybe baze or chirrut. Jyn, cassian, k2so, bistan, and SRP all have ships. No one uses bistan and SRP, but a lot of people like their ship. Theyre also holding off on releasing cassians u wing, like they're waiting for something. I think this makes sense, but maybe I'm just trying to find justification for pao being in the game.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    WHOA! Didnt even realize there was a new toon! Cant believe nobody has made a thread about it before you!
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    Options
    A lot uses Bistan in Rancor or P1, so you are half wrong on this ;)
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    WHOA! Didnt even realize there was a new toon! Cant believe nobody has made a thread about it before you!

Is there a link where the devs stated he is being released?
  • Options
    He is in game, select Rebels from the drop down in the Character screen.
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/100363/game-update-3-21-2017#latest

Right at the bottom, says aprils login character will "drop with a pao"
  • Fear_JarJar
    550 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/100363/game-update-3-21-2017#latest

Rolls eyes... just playing off the quote before mine

Wish it said POW. I'm really waiting for Batman in game
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

Thats fake news. Dont trust the dishonest mainstream media.
  • Options
    I've seen Bistan used in some high level arena teams. Most people want toons that are good in multiple areas however, and Bistan isn't really one of them.
  • Options
    It's the April long in character because the movie come out to own on April 4 why would it be a Rouge one character.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Think about it... where does the movie "rogue one" get its name? The name comes from the imperial freighter thing that the rebels used to sneak into the base on scarif... and who was on the "rogue one" strike team that doesn't already have a ship? Pao. Seriously, there's not much of a reason for him to be in game... I think they will release bodhi rook and "rogue one" in tue future and it will be crewed by either bodhi, pao, or maybe baze or chirrut. Jyn, cassian, k2so, bistan, and SRP all have ships. No one uses bistan and SRP, but a lot of people like their ship. Theyre also holding off on releasing cassians u wing, like they're waiting for something. I think this makes sense, but maybe I'm just trying to find justification for pao being in the game.

I'm not sure I follow. Rogue one wasn't the name of the freighter, it was the act that they were doing at the moment--going rogue. Bodhi just added the one as an after thought to make it sound more convincing. I do agree though that Pao will probably be in a ship later on though.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Exletion wrote: »

I'm not sure I follow. Rogue one wasn't the name of the freighter, it was the act that they were doing at the moment--going rogue. Bodhi just added the one as an after thought to make it sound more convincing. I do agree though that Pao will probably be in a ship later on though.

The Rebel commander asked - "What is your call sign?"

Bodhi replied - "Rogue...Rogue One."

Rogue One is the name of the ship end of story. You are correct that their mission was a rogue mission and that is where he thought of the name, but the name of the ship is still Rogue One.

Considering it is the name of the movie and boring new toons are being added tot he game from that movie - it is very plausible that they will release Rogue One in ships - I agree with the OP.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

Rogue One is the name of the ship end of story. You are correct that their mission was a rogue mission and that is where he thought of the name, but the name of the ship is still Rogue One.

Considering it is the name of the movie and boring new toons are being added tot he game from that movie - it is very plausible that they will release Rogue One in ships - I agree with the OP.

Are you sure call sign relates to the name of the ship? I don't remember this definitely said in any of the films. I always took it as the team or individuals call sign. For example, if rogue leader or rogue 4 switched fighters out, they would still be called rogue leader/rogue 4 when they got into another ship.
  • Options
    Pathfinder is actually great in a Rebel team, especially for GW... but I've had him help me win a few Arena matches by constantly reviving and taking damage away from Biggs, he is underestimated.
  • Options
    Belfazar wrote: »
    It's the April long in character because the movie come out to own on April 4

This.
  • Options
    Just to clarify, a ship's name & its pilots' call sign are two completely different things. The ship itself was known only as SW-0608.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    1) April is typically a busy month for me, IRL.

2) Pao pretty much stinks in terms of his abilities. After much digging and analysis, most players think he is just like (insert name of mediocre support/attacker here)...only not quite as a good.

Given the above two points, for the first time in 16+ months of playing this game, I won't feel bad if I miss a log in day!!

Thank you EA/CG for making Pao so lame and saving me the effort of caring about logging in every day! :D

you know that just because you log in doesn't mean you have to claim the reward right??

i do it with any toon i don't want. doing it right now with chopper. i will not be claiming the last 8 shards needed to activate him. and if this pao character is next months login i won't be claiming those shards either. i can't remember the last time i claimed the shards from a login toon. what was january's?? it might have been last year that i claimed some.

Lol, but what is the point of that?

You know you don't have to activate a toon once you get enough shards for it right?

i'm a bit OCD about all those red 1's. this month works out perfect though because the last day or rewards is the last 8 shards. so i've claimed all the rewards so far but i just won't claim those last 8 shards.

• HeWhoWanders
    155 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Wanna make you Biggs X-wing even fatter add Bistans U-wing, literally just makes him even better plus bonus tm to both. I love my 5* U-Wing and sit in second in my fleet arena everyday due to him cant wait to ring Bistan into the Rancor.
  • Options
    I, for one, can't wait to jump into battle, whip out my blaster and yell "PAO PAO PAO!!"
  • Options
    Probably to niche.. but don't all the assists and counter attacks count as 'basic' attacks? His 11 turn cooldowns might actually go pretty fast but then again how useful would he be compared to other folks that could fill that rebel slot.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options

Just to clarify, a ship's name & its pilots' call sign are two completely different things. The ship itself was known only as SW-0608.

That's great, but the point I'm trying to make is that pao will probably be in a ship, and it will most likely be the freighter, or SW-0608
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Are you sure call sign relates to the name of the ship? I don't remember this definitely said in any of the films. I always took it as the team or individuals call sign. For example, if rogue leader or rogue 4 switched fighters out, they would still be called rogue leader/rogue 4 when they got into another ship.

True, but if the imperial shuttle from Rogue One is used in the game - what would it be called, "Imperial Cargo Shuttle Stolen by Rebels"? or Rogue One?
  • ZephimyrAC
    191 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A call sign typically designates the mission.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »

Not true - Tom Cruise in Top Gun, his call sign is Maverick, that is neither the name of his ship or the mission.

I believe that when Bodhi answered that rebel commander on the radio asking for his call sign - he gave the name of the call sign for the ship itself - not an individual or name of mission - but the call sign for the ship.

This is why I believe the "name" of the ship is Rogue One.
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »

Not true - Tom Cruise in Top Gun, his call sign is Maverick, that is neither the name of his ship or the mission.

I believe that when Bodhi answered that rebel commander on the radio asking for his call sign - he gave the name of the call sign for the ship itself - not an individual or name of mission - but the call sign for the ship.

This is why I believe the "name" of the ship is Rogue One.

But why then would that be the name of the movie? They wouldn't name the movie after the ship that got them to scarriff... that wouldn't make any sense. They would name the movie after the mission
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    SA KALLA