Is it an age difference?

Prev1
I think I must be getting old..... where are Luke Skywalker and R2D2??!!!!?? I don't care about the Star Wars rebels.... I want my childhood hero!! The man brave enough to kiss his sister and cop to it. And give him some serious synergy with R2!!!!!!!

How do you develop a Star Wars game and 1.5 years into it NOT release Luke and R2?!!? (Don't even bring up rebel Luke... horrible). In reductionistic terms this is a turn based strategy game with a Star Wars front, for the love of Leia can we please have the iconic character of the original trilogy? Seriously though.., I am really confused and need some nostalgia to look forward to. Almost all of the posts on here regarding "who would you like to see, almost always really obscure characters (I didn't even know who Nihilus was, didn't play the video game). Bring the iconic toons please.

Replies

• Options
    Standby to be berated by all the younger star wars fans on here who want to scream at you about how "sw rebels is sooo much better than the main characters of the trilogy"

At least thats what happened to me when i brought up a similar topic.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I really want to see more prequel toons like Jango, Padme, and even B1 battle droid (in addition to luke and R2). But I don't see the draw for any of these Phoenix toons. I will leave mine at 15/30 lvl 1 until the end of the game, no matter how meta they become, because they're not interesting to anyone who doesn't watch the show (and even then, they're still probs not as interesting).

Also, why (and who) is Pao, who arguably has even less screen time than Bistan, being a featured toon for April, which is 4 months after R1 was released. Bruh...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Jedi Luke please!! Make it pack buy my wallet is ready!
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Also, why (and who) is Pao, who arguably has even less screen time than Bistan, being a featured toon for April, which is 4 months after R1 was released. Bruh...

The only reason I can think of that makes sense is because Rogue One is releasing on dvd in April and they have probably been told to have Rogue One stuff.

• Options
    If they release all the toons now people will get bored and move on. Holding jedi luke back means people will continue to play the game
  • Options
    So luke will be new RAID toon...in August i assume :-P
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Options
    Well with episode 8 coming out Jedi master luke should be coming so there's no reason why they cant release Cloud city Luke and ROTJ Luke before then, otherwise whats the point. Its pretty triggering to have cloud luke on the loading screen and the cantina board but not available in game. R2D2, C3pO a chewbacca that pairs with han. a falcon they pilot. Leia and Han synergy. These are just basic things that should already be in the game. Many other characters should have been added way before all these cartoon characters
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Business first, game second and star wars maybe 4th.

They have reserved characters like that to bring in money later in game and also keep people playing while waiting for them and then bring people back/increase interest when they are released.
  • Options
    At this point we are 1.5 years in... and General Kenobi is a raid character. If they are holding Lukeback they are ****. They should at least have the iconic characters out. They have Bistan from rogue 1, but don't have Luke? I know R2 is developed... yet Chopper comes out first??? It's like the game is run by people who have never even watched Star Wars.
  • Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    Options
    For the record, they are trying to pull away from the Skywalker family as the MAIN protagonists of the story. I agree with you. But it's kind of in line with how Disney is running the show
  • Options
    I know R2 is developed... yet Chopper comes out first??? It's like the game is run by people who have never even watched Star Wars.

It is run by people who make money. Game meens nothing to them.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Skuddy wrote: »
    For the record, they are trying to pull away from the Skywalker family as the MAIN protagonists of the story. I agree with you. But it's kind of in line with how Disney is running the show

No they aren't. Kathleen Kennedy has stated that the star wars trilogy of trilogies is still the Skywalker family saga. Apparently in this trilogy we still have luke Skywalker as one of the MAIN protagonist, and Ben solo- Skywalker as one of the MAIN antagonist.
  • Options
    Your post is exactly why the haven't released all the classic characters. The game is intended to last a long time and if they blow their load early on all the must-have characters that people are really excited about having people will feel underwhelmed later with all the newer and so-so characters. My guess is we'll see Jedi Luke as the next raid reward.
  • Options
    I think I must be getting old..... where are Luke Skywalker and R2D2??!!!!?? I don't care about the Star Wars rebels.... I want my childhood hero!! The man brave enough to kiss his sister and cop to it. And give him some serious synergy with R2!!!!!!!

How do you develop a Star Wars game and 1.5 years into it NOT release Luke and R2?!!? (Don't even bring up rebel Luke... horrible). In reductionistic terms this is a turn based strategy game with a Star Wars front, for the love of Leia can we please have the iconic character of the original trilogy? Seriously though.., I am really confused and need some nostalgia to look forward to. Almost all of the posts on here regarding "who would you like to see, almost always really obscure characters (I didn't even know who Nihilus was, didn't play the video game). Bring the iconic toons please.

I agree
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    my personal opinion is because luke and r2 are garbage.

i already have my icon from star wars though so i guess it's only fair others should get theirs.
  • Options
    Holding back makes no sense when episode 8 is like 9 months out. **** to release any other luke after your release Jedi master luke.
  • Options
    Just to be clear. The way the power creep is... if Jedi Luke is released tomorrow, he will forever be weaker than the generic episode 8 trooper released in two months.
  • Options
    I can understand holding back the 'big name' toons, but we have:

2x Han
    Vader & Anakin
    2x Kenobi
    Palpatine
    Leia
    Garbage Chewie
    Boba (personally wouldn't call a prestigious character but there is a huge Boba fanbase)
    Nihilus (same as above)
    Yoda
    Kylo

Just off the top of my head. But, I know people may argue that some of those maybe not prestigious/famous/sought after, but there's at least 2/3 that are as much so as Luke IMHO (Han, Vader, Yoda) but are attainable. It makes no sense to me why another Luke is not available, and judging by the forum users, I would say we've probably past a point in time (this would have been a few years back) where Luke would have been one of the most sought after/popular toons (excluding ability and meta etc.). I was born waaay after the OT but watched as a kid about 6 years before the prequel trilogy, so for me I identify most with the OT toons/characters. Younger than me I guess you have a section of the player base that identifies most with the prequel trilogy/clone stuff, and younger still are the players who got into Star Wars through Rebels etc. I would imagine. It's not necessarily about age, more about where you entered the saga (which yes I guess is generally tied to age). Generally speaking the average age of gamers will be younger than me so I can understand why there's such clamour for Rebels toons. So in a very roundabout way I'm just wondering why the wait for Luke, I think any of us (not really me, but I would like to see him) that are continuing with the game in the hope of Luke are probably a relatively small number... I would imagine for most people he'd be just another toon
  • Options
    I honestly think they should have made General Kenobi ... Luke. Who really said "finally!! General Kenobi". Answer: No one. But it is expected he's a great toon. At this point I feel like someone needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with them about their fan base.

Jedi Luke... or even Rebel Luke (pilot) would be infinitely more entertaining than some lame toon with a 1920's musket. Seriously though, Jedi Luke. Enough is enough!!
  • Options
    I honestly think they should have made General Kenobi ... Luke. Who really said "finally!! General Kenobi". Answer: No one. But it is expected he's a great toon. At this point I feel like someone needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with them about their fan base.

Jedi Luke... or even Rebel Luke (pilot) would be infinitely more entertaining than some lame toon with a 1920's musket. Seriously though, Jedi Luke. Enough is enough!!

I'm not going to pretend like I was super hyped for General Kenobi, but I did feel like he needed a representation as, in my opinion, he was pretty much the hero of the Prequels.

I have to agree with you on Musket Luke. I mean, they could have at least released him just holding an ordinary blaster and I could pretend it was the Luke from the old SNES game or something. There is just something so off-putting about that stupid rifle though....
  • Options
    I'm a prequel fan as well as it was my high School days. Maybe movies weren't great but the characters sure were. You never see power like that in the original or rebels.
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    And who is Jedi luke gonna fight. Snoke better be a bad ****. Dudes done nothing ever but he's supposed to b greatest jedi
  • Options
    Yeah I'd rather see grand master Iuke Skywalker but General Kenobi is a pretty iconic and major character to Star Wars. So yeah, I was pretty excited when they came out with General Kenobi. Hope they come up with a ROTJ or cloud City Luke sometime around June or July then release Grand Master Skywalker as the new raid toon around Halloween time.
  • Options
    If they release all the toons now people will get bored and move on. Holding jedi luke back means people will continue to play the game

+1
    So many people want this and that all at the same time...They should release these characters from the original trilogy slowly.
    And these phoenix characters aren't even made to be a big deal...there was no hype surrounding it before release, it was actually more emphasis to Quality of Life for March....and these Phoenixes just pops out. Clearly they realize they're not as in demand. They even make the whole challenges so easy, as it targets younger audiences.
  • Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »

+1
    So many people want this and that all at the same time...They should release these characters from the original trilogy slowly.
    And these phoenix characters aren't even made to be a big deal...there was no hype surrounding it before release, it was actually more emphasis to Quality of Life for March....and these Phoenixes just pops out. Clearly they realize they're not as in demand. They even make the whole challenges so easy, as it targets younger audiences.

The only thing I disagree about is that, from what was said, you're going to need them to get the new ships..... more rebel ships for Akbar. With a Rebel as toon of the month.

I guess we can only hope they clear out this Rebels **** before May the 4th and we'll get one additional empire ship we can actually farm.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I hope they make a broken Royal guard ship, biggest troll in the game with the best ship
  • Options
    Despite what some may believe, I think GOH is going to be around for a long time and IMO that is certainly the intention of the Dev team. So the most-requested toon (JKL) will certainly not be rolled out any time soon. Sure, there's precedent for multiple character incarnations (OB/GK, Sid/EP) but purely from a marketing standpoint I just don't see another Luke happening til well after ep. 8. And even then, maybe we only get washed up old guy on a far off island Luke first.
  • Options
    Who is this jedi luke guy and r2d2 were they good rebels? I have been playing this game for over a year if there was a jedi luke in star wars I'm pretty sure I would have known about it by now.
  • Options
    Mrjenkins wrote: »
    And who is Jedi luke gonna fight. Snoke better be a bad ****. Dudes done nothing ever but he's supposed to b greatest jedi

Blame Disney.

Jedi Luke of the Expanded Universe was a badass