Content Update [HF] 5/1/2018 (Mega)

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    tparrish wrote: »
    I have purchased these bonus packs that claim 10 to 330 characher shards but I never get anything except 10. Is this because the random number generator favors the SWGOH designers to make money?
    It's weighted RNG - meaning, there isn't an even chance for every outcome. Many people would like CG/EA to make the drop rates (i.e. % chance of each outcome) known. In 2+ years they have refused to do so.

TL;DR - Presume the worst (in your case, 10 shards) and be thrilled with any result better than that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    gunff wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys but I'm really enjoying the extra shards of characters I just got to 7* after spending months on their hard nodes.

.... errm the drops havent started yet so not sure how you are enjoying the extra shards
  • Options
    Rojas wrote: »
    @CG_Leviathan was there an update on the app store earlier today? It's showing a 107.2 MB Version 0.11.2 update today.

This was simply to update a store asset, there are no changes from 11.1 to 11.2 and no forced upgrade.
  • Options
    On the bright side, whatever new legend (maybe a good chewie?) requires raid Han will probably be great.
  • Options
    Yes i can solo put and haat wampinator teams solos aat... im lucky though that i neglected the right characters lol need 17 dn for 7* and 45 saxon for 7* the rest i have... im proof though ftp can compete i am 3.1mil gp and ftp
  • Options
    Like other end gamers i dont like the may 4th this year that much but i know it is great for everyone except end gamers and all us end gamers dont really need anything at this point but treya so i wont complain cause of the fact that i know they are trying to make new players atay for years like they did in the beginning when we were all new
  • Options
    The packs with 10-330 shards are 99.99% gonna give u 25 or less my friend is major p2p and spends 300$ plus on eaxh new character and most he ever got was 80 shards in 1 shot and he has bought 11 full charqcters (3600$) so hope that helps show u the real odds he said 5-12 is what u get almost every time
  • Options
    I go with what Nic said- if 10 is the lowest you can get. Depend on 10. Anything more is a pleasant surprise.
  • Options
    Thoughts on what will be nerfed next. My money is that the nerf the solo movie into a cartoon
  • Options
    Witness57 wrote: »
    Thoughts on what will be nerfed next. My money is that the nerf the solo movie into a cartoon

I'd watch the cartoon adventures of Han and Chewy.
  • Options

Especially if Donald Glover is writing and starring in it
  • Options

Reminds me of Wookie the Chew:star-wars-characters-winnie-the-pooh-wookie-the-chew-james-hance-fb__700-png.jpg

• Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks to the Dev for giving us something FOR FREE. Much appreciated
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Shadroth wrote: »
    Thanks to the Dev for giving us something FOR FREE. Much appreciated

Exactly. We've got free stuff coming, a couple of new events, we've had capital ship events every day. Honestly, I'm enjoying it and stoked about the next few days.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jedilord
    339 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Taerdin wrote: »
    What really gets me is why we are celebrating May 4th at all. I always thought it was just a dumb joke someone made that companies latched on to in order to make sales. The actual anniversary of Star Wars is on May 25th.

the anniversary of "a new hope" and "return of the jedi" has nothing to do with star wars day...
    it is absolutely not important who invented the star wars day to celebrate it... or is it important for students (or other party people) who invented spring break?

but if you really want to know it, no it was not a dumb joke to make sales, it was a news article saying "may the fourth be with you, maggie" on may 4, 1979 the day margaret thatcher took office as prime minister
    Post edited by jedilord on
  • Options
    My game got a second client restart today and now it wont go further than the loading screen
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    I would have preferred double drops instead, but beggars can't be choosers. :/
  • newbornFL
    486 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ya'll **** with your 'ITS FREE STUFF'argument

Mind you we're the ones that are keeping this game alive and whos putting money in this.

They shoud be grateful to us NOT US TO THEM.
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Pr0t0cl0wn wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Patience, my young padawans. We have a long period of Star Wars excitement ahead of you.
    Gonna fix the Sith raid anytime soon? It destroyed my guild
    There is nothing to fix

Well... that's not true. There's a bug that grants a bunch of damage to low powered teams in p4. Yesterday 10 of us got like 6m and a many guildies with good scores were bumped to lower spots. CG already know about this but is taking them a looooooong time to fix it.
  • Options
    Late to the party here but what happened to double drops???? These specials are total garbage. What are bonus drops anyway?
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    Options
    Late to the party here but what happened to double drops???? These specials are total garbage. What are bonus drops anyway?
    So you're hating on them even without knowing what they are?

Bonus drops means you can get shards for these characters from any node. So if you're farming Veers or Lobot or some gear etc, (chances?) are you can also get Holdo shards at the same time.
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I think May 4th is 12 weeks from when Sith Marauder was released. There is a chance he could be placed somewhere in the game, as well. Maybe they have other surprises planned. The 2nd anniversary was pretty legit with what we were provided.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    jstehly wrote: »
    I think May 4th is 12 weeks from when Sith Marauder was released. There is a chance he could be placed somewhere in the game, as well. Maybe they have other surprises planned. The 2nd anniversary was pretty legit with what we were provided.

The release cadence that was promised is to become "traditionally farmable" 4-6 weeks after placed in shipments.

Marauder, Sion, and Visas were all put into shipments on 4/11, so they should be released F2P farmable on or before 5/23. So...2-3 weeks from now.
  • Options
    I haven't seen a single shard or currency. I've done about 20 hard mode battles and about 40 cantina battles... PER DAY.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't seen a single shard or currency. I've done about 20 hard mode battles and about 40 cantina battles... PER DAY.

Because it hasn't started yet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

Same here, I do 24 hard node battles and never received anything other than the usual. It makes me think the extra drops don't begin until later, the dev email didn't really clarify when they start
  • CamaroAMF
    1287 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Because it hasn't started yet.

What he said....update says the bonus drops start on the 4th
  • vegoman
    48 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Probably because it isn't the 4th of may in your country.
  • Options
    It started in Australia..Catina dropping 25 guild event token per sim irrespective of 8/12/16 energy battle