Rebel Assault Battles Rescheduling Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Misticl
    24 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Will we get credit for the amount of stars we earned in the last TB towards the achievement progress?

The easy way to "lighten the load" is simply allowing the guilds to move onto the next phase, if they choose, once all areas are at 3 star instead of waiting 24 hours for each phase to naturally end which takes 3 days to get into phase 3, majority of guilds can get there in one day.
  • Zeke1
    2 posts Member
    Options
    They should just make both TB more like raids and let us progress through them at whatever pace we can manage. Have each phase auto-end after 24 hours but give guild leaders the option to progress to the next phase once at least 1 star is achieved in each area of that phase. Heck, they could even make them exactly like raids and allow guilds to launch them once they have enough “TB Tickets”. Make it so the cost to launch means only ~2-3 total can be done a month.
  • DarthRevanTheWise
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks CG for the answers and the solution for the next TB.

As expressed by some, my concern is about the future schedule of TBs & TWs.
    Indeed, I love playing TBs and don't find them too time-consuming at all (and I'm a TB coordinator for a 135 million GP guild), by far my favorite event!
    And as other said, TW is only 1 day with a few battles per player and 2 days with nothing much to do (1 day to register which is 1 click, 1 day to settle defenses which is 1-2 minutes max, a bit more for guild coordinators).
    If we get more days with nothing much to do, it also means we have less opportunity to enjoy the game! (And when we get a busy life out of the game, we can do the basics quite fast honestly).

For me, the only thing that really take time and that I find no pleasure doing is the Heroic Sith Raid! Very RNG-based and time-consuming compared to the fun I get from it. I do it because I love the rewards and really want to play with Traya, but I hate this raid gameplay while I enjoy a lot the gameplay of Rancor and HAAT. But that's another subject

For me playing and enjoying GoH means spending time in-game playing with the characters we have worked on, doing battles and else!
    I honestly think the current balance of time needed by TBs/TWs and time for outside life (work, family, friends, etc.) is more than ok! At worst, I know I could spend less time in-game if needed and still do all daily things to do (including guild activities, events).
    I hope you will not reduce the number of TBs/TWs, nor reduce the number of phases in TBs or the length of a phase.
    As we have people from around the world, and as life can get very busy some days, having 24 hours to do a phase is convenient, less could get... tricky some days.

Thank you! Looking forward the update and see what comes in the future!
  • Options
    We’d like to take this opportunity to also say that we have heard your feedback about the frequency of Territory Battles and Territory Wars and are revisiting how we schedule them. Our goal is to ease the demanding nature of these mode’s schedules, however we acknowledge rewards will need to be comparable over time and we need to figure that out.

I don't see anything wrong with the current DSTB and LSTB scheduling, there's plenty of time between them and they don't take out a lot of time from players even while they're running. I definitely wouldn't like my favourite game mode to become rarer, and from what I've seen in this thread so far, nobody else has a problem with TB scheduling either

PS: I manage TB platoons for my guild
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We apologize for the schedule change, but we will be compensating all players next Friday (5/25) with the same rewards guilds earned during their last Territory Battle.

Will this include special mission currency from the previous TB?

Also, last light side TB, or last TB overall (which was a dark side?)

Oh, and, for those that have moved guilds in the past week, will they receive the rewards of their new guild, or the one they were in for the last territory battle?

This is a big one that I'm looking into. I'll try to get this answered sooner rather than later.

Also the concerns about schedule changes have been duly noted and I will pass all the feedback in this thread along to the team.

Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Options
    I really wish they wouldn't decrease the amount of TW. They are by far the best part of this game. TB get way too repeatative doing the same battles over and over against generic toons that are boring to fight. Tw on the other hand require more guild communication and way more strategy and offer a way for us to use our entire roster and come up with unique defenses and let's us fight several interesting battles. So do what you will with TB but leave TW alone please
  • Options
    While I LOVE me some free rewards...I was really excited about ROLO shards this go...I would be getting her to 7 stars.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Easiest solution would be to grant all players the same exact reward globally

See what I mean? Give an inch and they want a yard.

Troll away.

Nothing about my post was a complaint.. in fact I thanked them in the post above the one you quoted. I merely gave a suggestion to stop complaints. I did not even suggest max. Just equal... either way I am good with free.

Except equal rewards gives people rewards for something they would've never earned, and would just punish guilds that strived and worked to be above average, which I really don't think they want to do as a lot of their money definitely comes from those guilds.
  • Options
    No complaints. Thank you
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Except that that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Just stop.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Nice. Don’t have to put in the grind for the week, even tho I really enjoy TB. The shard amount is the only bummer, as we're right at the point where each TB we’re getting 10-20 more Leia/IPD shards than we did in our previous attempt, but that’s okay.

I really hope we don’t start running less TBs and TWs. They’re both great and are not time consuming for those with average intelligence! There’s already so many ways in place to make those very quick if that’s what you want. The only bad part about the schedule is the 3-4 day gap after TW before the next TB where we have nothing to do.

Altho, a new iteration of TB would be great at some point. Might be time to occasionally move to a new planet with new units?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the update and the rewards. Well done.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    So, I used this lull to swap guilds, and I'm curious how the repeat rewards will affect me.

Edit: I ask, and see that it's currently being looked into.
    Still not a he.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Options
    Dang.. I need 2 shards to 7* ROLO. That would've given me my first peek at that last special mission with the ATST.
    Stopping the LSTB a bit mistimed for me....
    I hope this update is worth it (crossed fingers).
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Options
    On another note... I don't mind constant TBs/TWs... as mentioned earlier... depending on the guild... it depends on the required involvement. Some guilds are really chilled, some have strict contribution requirements, some are somewhere in the middle (like my guild)... which has minimal contribution rules for TBs, and no requirement to join TWs, but if u do, then a minimal contribution requirement so the guildee aint 'piggybacking'.
    I think the current timetable, whilst demanding if u do everything, is fine as its all optional... not playing TBs/TWs means rewards aint maxed, but its always nice to have regular events... the more game content there is (that doesn't require 6hrs a day gameplay) the better!
  • Options
    Wait so we are getting IPD shards instead of Leia shards? If so sweeeet
  • Options
    I am 4 shards away from IPD. How many do we all get? We usually get 16+ on a DS TB
  • Options
    Thanks for quick answers @CG_SBCrumb . Hopefully you will have a solution for those of us that moved guilds - given we contributed to the last guild we were in, you might be able to reward according to the DSTB results of that guild?
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Options
    "however we acknowledge rewards will need to be comparable over time and we need to figure that out"
    Does it mean that following TB will have less reward? Is too hard to keep The same rewards? Are you rescheduling just to drop less Cristals over time from this event which, by the way, is the only event that drop cristals ?
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We apologize for the schedule change, but we will be compensating all players next Friday (5/25) with the same rewards guilds earned during their last Territory Battle.

Oh, and, for those that have moved guilds in the past week, will they receive the rewards of their new guild, or the one they were in for the last territory battle?

This is a big one that I'm looking into. I'll try to get this answered sooner rather than later.

Also the concerns about schedule changes have been duly noted and I will pass all the feedback in this thread along to the team.

A lot of people actually really appreciate having Less TB and TW, Please understand people who are more angry about a decision are a lot more vocal, a proposed change to make TB ad TW less often is a really good one and the large amount of the player base who really like the sound of this will be a lot less vocal on the forums than the people who are unhappy about this. My point is please dont change your plans because a few people who are angry about it are being vocal on the forums. With the heroic sith raid taking a lot of coordination a lot of us would appreciate less to do on the other game modes

Apart from that thank for you taking the time to make your players more happy and there time ingame a lot stressful
  • Options
    I sincerely hope you don’t change the schedule because there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. We need the rewards to grow our toons and guild. You don’t have time? Don’t play. Nobody is forcing you. Join a lower guild. Now people who need the rewards from the events are being punished by the people who don’t have the time. Completely unacceptable in my eyes.
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • Options
    I sincerely hope you don’t change the schedule because there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. We need the rewards to grow our toons and guild. You don’t have time? Don’t play. Nobody is forcing you. Join a lower guild. Now people who need the rewards from the events are being punished by the people who don’t have the time. Completely unacceptable in my eyes.

He’s explicitly and repeatedly said that any changes they make to scheduling are going to be made alongside an adjustment to rewards to keep things like currency income consistent.

There are reasons to want more/fewer TB/TW in the schedule. “I want more rewards over time” absolutely should not be one of them.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Wondering how this works for people who took a break from the game like myself. I came back just after the last DS TB. Will I still get some form of rewards or do I miss out on this ? would suck if it did.
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Except that that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Just stop.

How does it not make sense for a free reward given for 0 effort not to be equal for the whole community. Someone sounds entitled here. God forbid you not get what you think you deserve. From now on Nikoms565 would like all "we're sorry" compensations to be commiserate with a player's gp.

You do realize that cg doesn't even have to give a thing.

And on that note... Thank you CG
  • Dblade21
    169 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb so does this mean we will get DS shards as well, or LS shards based on what we accomplished last DS TB? Just a little clarification. Thanks for the updates
  • McDorkus
    21 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

See what I mean? Give an inch and they want a yard.

Can’t knock em for trying. They want that 45 Stars prize box lol

Shoot, I do too. So close, and yet so far.
  • Range1974
    901 posts Member
    Options
    As an officer of a guild in a cluster that shuffles people around between the breaks in TW, I would appreciate more than a few hours between ending one and signing up for the next. We strive to balance our raid requirements around them too while making sure US and EURO based players both get more than a chance to just post zeros. HSith raid management is being looked at now that we complete it in about 6 hrs. We had one miss out last time because it occurred entirely while they were asleep. That was a first for us. Logging zeros is now authorized for p1.
  • Options
    Zaraos wrote: »

A lot of people actually really appreciate having Less TB and TW, Please understand people who are more angry about a decision are a lot more vocal, a proposed change to make TB ad TW less often is a really good one and the large amount of the player base who really like the sound of this will be a lot less vocal on the forums than the people who are unhappy about this. My point is please dont change your plans because a few people who are angry about it are being vocal on the forums. With the heroic sith raid taking a lot of coordination a lot of us would appreciate less to do on the other game modes

Apart from that thank for you taking the time to make your players more happy and there time ingame a lot stressful

If you have issues planning your heroic Sith raid plans, and feel that it impinges on your playing time to have to run TB in particular , and TW now and then, that’s YOUR PERSONAL lack of effectiveness. I sure hope that someone wishing for less to do in game because they have “coordination” issues running heroic Sith, either wakes up or has it explained to them why they are in left field all by themselves.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I also have some guild members moving around, so I’m curious about the rewards. My guess is that it’ll apply to whatever guild they are in Friday.

My guild just changed names. I doubt this will impact the reward, since no other guild stats were lost, but I’d like to make sure we aren’t going to have an issue.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Zaraos wrote: »

If you have issues planning your heroic Sith raid plans, and feel that it impinges on your playing time to have to run TB in particular , and TW now and then, that’s YOUR PERSONAL lack of effectiveness. I sure hope that someone wishing for less to do in game because they have “coordination” issues running heroic Sith, either wakes up or has it explained to them why they are in left field all by themselves.

Or maybe i'm just someone who cares about my members having too much to do on an appgame 24/7? People do have lives and its piles on them at times. I run a 120m GP guild that is clearing Heroic Sith, that takes coordination and a lot of peoples time getting the perfect runs. Like i said before assuming a small group of vocal players like yourself speak for the community of the game is wrong, For them to be doing this means a lot of people have complained and there voices have been heard. im not going to be quiet while the vocal minority rage on a post that will make the game better for everyone. They said they will scale the rewards to make up for the less TB and TW so there is no issue. Insulting people who make a comment on a post just shows that you cannot understand peoples opinions being spoken that do not match your own believes.
This discussion has been closed.