• Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Why not just run one more conquest in the old format?
    Don’t understand why they let us wait so long for no 7 in the first place.
    Now when they have problems just let us play one more like the good old days.

CG has already made many of their players disappointed with the big nerf now this.
    If they care about us the players a gesture of good will would be needed now.

The new one is meant to be harder, so they wanted to limit the amount of Mauls in the wild and running one old version would interfere with that. This is somewhat understandable, the original hard mode wasn't really that hard, but imo they overcompensated by the double whammy of increased energy and more feats. One or the other would have been sufficient.
    Either way, it's all moot since it's totally broken. They might have to resort to running the old version anyway.

Why do people keep saying it is harder? This conquest is just as easy as the previous one. It's just more time consuming with the increased energy costs and the increased amount of feats. That's not harder. It's grindier.

Will the same number of people get the red box, no....therefore harder. 🙃

Ok, but seriously. There are elements here that making it harder for players to complete and/or cost more, or make them judge crystal expenditure differently. Just like many other game modes there is some equivalency between roster depth/development and difficulty. More tries to beat something, or in this case complete feats, and what not.

No, no one means that the battles are harder (unless you are trying to win with non relic Phoenix), just doing things in those battles.

I dont think this is the kind of difficulty anyone would ask for, but maybe in smaller doses, vs this massive sweep.

Are you sure you’re Kyno? It’s surprising to see you posting a negative comment of any kind, even though it’s slight compared most to us. Shows how badly CG botched it with their greed!

Not that anyone would believe me, but I am critical of them. I just do it in a different manner. Not everyone on the players side needs to carry a pitchfork. Doja does it for his profession, and I bet he didnt even wear pants during the pandemic zoom meetings. 😉

wait....you are supposed to wear pants during zoom meetings? uh oh.....
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI some folks got Maul shards, will they all get removed to even up the playing field again at the restart?

What difference does 5 shards make?

Potentially the difference between G11 and garbage mods vs Relics and 6 dot mods. Which is a pretty insanely massive difference. Just because CG is making colossal mistakes it doesn't excuse them from their normal level of incompetence.
  • Options
    I'm getting close to bailing. I don't mind dropping fifty bucks on this game once in a while because I've mostly enjoyed it but its gotten to where even doing that isn't enough to stay current. The new feats mostly just price me out getting very as far as I need to in Conquest and since my guild isn't completing the ridiculously difficult new rancor raid, I am stuck behind a nearly permanent paywall with regards to R8 mats.

The paywall here is already incredibly steep. $200 - $300 a year won't even build out a full character, much less a squad of them. And a squad of full characters can barely get you through the things you need to keep moving because there are so dang many of them needed. Conquest should be a fun, flexible way to progress in ways that don't depend on being in a fullly decked out guild.

Just my 2 cents, which will be moving on if they can't get this stuff right.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI some folks got Maul shards, will they all get removed to even up the playing field again at the restart?

Potentially the difference between G11 and garbage mods vs Relics and 6 dot mods. Which is a pretty insanely massive difference. Just because CG is making colossal mistakes it doesn't excuse them from their normal level of incompetence.

In Maul's case, there is no unlock before 7*, so the potential difference is between having and not having him.
  • Options
    Will we receive an update today with next steps or planned timeline? Given that there are several bugs, I’d assume that conquest 7 will be delayed quite a while. Information on what is planned in the short term would be a nice touch :)
  • Options
    Feat counter and zero cost for changing data discs is really all I ask. Am fine with all the other changes.
  • Options
    For this big mistake give alle players the red price box of the hard mode for free. CG have so many time to change all the things but no time to test the trash the make this is really poor.
  • Robocop6t5
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    A veritable rambunctiousness of botherations!!!!!!! Hardly begins to describe this latest catastrophe!!!
    But in all seriousness and more to the point we’ve been waiting weeks and weeks for our missing CAT Shards and here we are delayed once again. With all the disgraceful nerfs, the Executor disaster and now this, one can only question whether CG’s heart, assuming they have one, is still in this game or are they surreptitiously trying to push the community to quit the game so they may move their resources to more profitable pastures new???
    They certainly are doing their best to ruin what is a great game 😔
  • ToJ85
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Was the G12 pheonix team outspeeding my 316 speed Darth Revan also a bug?
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

You aren't getting Maul one month early because of 5 shards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

CG has already made many of their players disappointed with the big nerf now this.

The new one is meant to be harder, so they wanted to limit the amount of Mauls in the wild and running one old version would interfere with that. This is somewhat understandable, the original hard mode wasn't really that hard, but imo they overcompensated by the double whammy of increased energy and more feats. One or the other would have been sufficient.
    Either way, it's all moot since it's totally broken. They might have to resort to running the old version anyway.

Why do people keep saying it is harder? This conquest is just as easy as the previous one. It's just more time consuming with the increased energy costs and the increased amount of feats. That's not harder. It's grindier.

Ok, but seriously. There are elements here that making it harder for players to complete and/or cost more, or make them judge crystal expenditure differently. Just like many other game modes there is some equivalency between roster depth/development and difficulty. More tries to beat something, or in this case complete feats, and what not.

No, no one means that the battles are harder (unless you are trying to win with non relic Phoenix), just doing things in those battles.

I dont think this is the kind of difficulty anyone would ask for, but maybe in smaller doses, vs this massive sweep.

Are you sure you’re Kyno? It’s surprising to see you posting a negative comment of any kind, even though it’s slight compared most to us. Shows how badly CG botched it with their greed!

Not that anyone would believe me, but I am critical of them. I just do it in a different manner. Not everyone on the players side needs to carry a pitchfork. Doja does it for his profession, and I bet he didnt even wear pants during the pandemic zoom meetings. 😉

If you wore pants during pandemic zoom meetings, you were quarantining wrong.
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't even care about the bugs and the further delay. I can wait. Way more upset about the additions of feats combined with the increase in energy cost. A figurative slap in the fase!

Bingo. That’s where people are most upset. I mean if you are even upset that says something. All the jokes and cynicism aside, you look at things super glass half full. There needs to be a blaring alarm at the office when you’re unhappy with something. Call it DEFCON TVF lol.

Forget the rest of you, they should know to listen to me if I have a complaint. But they won't. Too bad.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I don't even care about the bugs and the further delay. I can wait. Way more upset about the additions of feats combined with the increase in energy cost. A figurative slap in the fase!

Bingo. That’s where people are most upset. I mean if you are even upset that says something. All the jokes and cynicism aside, you look at things super glass half full. There needs to be a blaring alarm at the office when you’re unhappy with something. Call it DEFCON TVF lol.

Forget the rest of you, they should know to listen to me if I have a complaint. But they won't. Too bad.

Look at the bright side - probably for the first time since the start of the game, they managed to truly unite the community.
  • Options
    ToJ85 wrote: »
    Was the G12 pheonix team outspeeding my 316 speed Darth Revan also a bug?

Oh yeah, please show us the speeds of our opponents so it's not a guessing game. Especially since energy is now at a premium.
  • Options

That’s my point. If you have an issue with something, oh they better listen. Something is jacked up lol
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

Look at the bright side - probably for the first time since the start of the game, they managed to truly unite the community.

I'd rather have Maul than likes :joy:
  • Options
    I get that refunding the crystals spent on refreshes and consumables is the right thing to do, but it puts people who were unable to play during the 5 hour window at a disadvantage. Someone could theoretically spend a ton of crystals to blitz through the sectors and collect the rewards and buy Maul, CAT, or RC shards that others couldn't.

Next time (and I believe there will be a next time) an issue like this happens, CG should keep the Conquest open for a full 24 hour period and send out an in game message to players that the Conquest will be closed at a designated time and that rewards will be kept and crystals refunded. This will give everyone the same opportunity to get additional rewards and find additional potential bugs on later feats.
  • Options
    BTW, let's not forget... Soon after this debacle is eventually over... We still have Relic 9 coming up in the near future. Pulling the whales even further away from the poor F2P and low spenders. CG is an absolute shambles at the moment.
  • Options
    Loppie wrote: »
    BTW, let's not forget... Soon after this debacle is eventually over... We still have Relic 9 coming up in the near future. Pulling the whales even further away from the poor F2P and low spenders. CG is an absolute shambles at the moment.

It is totally fine. They only need whales
  • Options

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted things, but it seems over the past couple of weeks of posts you have said that you expressed concerns to CG about most of the things we've been complaining about, before we even knew what was going on. They just didn't listen or take you seriously. Is that correct? If so, thanks and I hope someone there is listening now.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    Loppie wrote: »

It is totally fine. They only need whales

This is completely wrong.
  • Options
    Are we getting crystals back for what we spent on that CON-quest
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted things, but it seems over the past couple of weeks of posts you have said that you expressed concerns to CG about most of the things we've been complaining about, before we even knew what was going on. They just didn't listen or take you seriously. Is that correct? If so, thanks and I hope someone there is listening now.

The moderation team has no advanced knowledge of things going on. We do discuss things usually early on and some times later, but that is theoretical on our end.

Yes we express player sentiment and our perspective on things, as do the players in the beta group. They do listen and change things based on that feedback, but by no means are these groups any sort of end point of development, and there are always choices made and things that will be implemented from the business side of things, as with any business.
  • Options
    Sure I get that it’s a business but surely a happy customer is much more valuable? Surely more happy customers means more money for them.

Oh well. This mini spender has decided to close his wallet. I’m sure I’m not the only one.
  • Options
    Sure I get that it’s a business but surely a happy customer is much more valuable? Surely more happy customers means more money for them.

Oh well. This mini spender has decided to close his wallet. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Yep. Been tempted to drop $10 on that Kyro pack but then I remember how much of a waste it actually is. Then nerfing two of my favorite characters and making Conquest unbearable has shut me off from spending. I’ll just take things slow because I know it doesn’t matter in the long run anyway. CG will just screw something else up.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Are we getting crystals back for what we spent on that CON-quest

We need this in the FAQ apparently.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

In all honesty, we know it’s not you guys. We get it that player spending pays the bills. But the changes to conquest are sucking the life out of one of the best game modes.

Win 14 battles with x team, the worst part of conquest. I like more feats, but repeatable chore type feats are not fun. Theory crafting feats, or fun to achieve feats are great.

More energy per attempt, not a fan.

Bugs happen, but play testing must be a behind the scenes issue.

To sum up, so many of us love the game, and want to keep playing for a long time. Go tell the man behind the curtain that he needs to listen to the player base. Whales and ftp can enjoy this mode, and it’s possible to monetize it without killing it.

Thanks for your hard work, and dealing with all of us unappreciative players. We know you can make this game great.

I really appreciate the encouraging words. I'm doing everything I can to relay sentiment and then use that to advocate to the best of my ability.

However, I try not to think of the players as being unappreciative during times like this. I think they're frustrated and that frustration takes various forms (both constructive and negative). I know that we all love this game and if people didn't care, that would be the worst. At least this way, I can try to turn it into something beneficial. It's a weird gig sometimes, to be sure, but I take it seriously and I've seen this community do incredible things. So, I still feel fortunate to be here.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    See if you can convince them to lower the energy cost per battle to something more reasonable given the increase in number of feats. Please don't let my inner Bruce Banner turn into The Hulk.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    yOu WoUlDnT lIkE mE
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    yOu WoUlDnT lIkE mE

That's my secret TVF,