6 and 7 Star Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    Thank you all for a very entertaining thread. The only thing here that disturbs me is that some believe that there is this honor in gaming or something and that people who use any advantage, whether hacks, exploits, nerfs, bugs and all are somehow immoral people with no integrity and that is just wrong.

I know many people who would use any cheat available in a game yet if you left $100 on the table in front of them, they'd never steal it. There is a big difference between someone cheating in a stupid game vs. someone stealing someone's possessions and anyone trying to make these two things look like the same offense are reaching.

Many of the pay-for players are the ones who want to see the bans and penalties occur because they feel slighted since they paid to have advantage, only to be undermined by a workaround and they want their paid-for dominance to stick. This reminds me of the whole Bariss dilemma where P2W players who bought Bariss to have a huge advantage suddenly were crying when they changed her stats and that dominance went in the toilet and egos were bruised, this is more of the same.....
  • Options
    f8RKJBF.jpg
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Thank you all for a very entertaining thread. The only thing here that disturbs me is that some believe that there is this honor in gaming or something and that people who use any advantage, whether hacks, exploits, nerfs, bugs and all are somehow immoral people with no integrity and that is just wrong.

I know many people who would use any cheat available in a game yet if you left $100 on the table in front of them, they'd never steal it. There is a big difference between someone cheating in a stupid game vs. someone stealing someone's possessions and anyone trying to make these two things look like the same offense are reaching.

Many of the pay-for players are the ones who want to see the bans and penalties occur because they feel slighted since they paid to have advantage, only to be undermined by a workaround and they want their paid-for dominance to stick. This reminds me of the whole Bariss dilemma where P2W players who bought Bariss to have a huge advantage suddenly were crying when they changed her stats and that dominance went in the toilet and egos were bruised, this is more of the same.....

have you ever heard of sportsmanship? I don't care about the f2p vs p2p war at all, but can't we play a game without people cheating? Just makes the whole thing a lot more messy. I agree that you don't need to link morality to the issue though.

The bottom line is that the cheaters are not being punished at all and will maintain an advantage over the rest of the player base, all of it, free and paid.

• Options
    CharLieTao wrote: »
    STOP being a bunch of BABIES whining and crying over 7* Vader that you DON'T have and couldn't get! To whoever was able to get Vader to a 7*, CONGRATS! I am still here sitting on 64/80 shards for Vader, but congrats to you if you go him and got him to 7*. All of you babies asking for EA to reset their Vader toon are bitter, jealous, whiners, P2P whales who are just wailing like babies you couldn't do it as well. STOP!

Agree.
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To whoever was able to get Vader to a 7*, CONGRATS!

Agree.
    and he actually proudly bumps his own post, shame some ppl

• Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    have you ever heard of sportsmanship? I don't care about the f2p vs p2p war at all, but can't we play a game without people cheating? Just makes the whole thing a lot more messy. I agree that you don't need to link morality to the issue though.

The bottom line is that the cheaters are not being punished at all and will maintain an advantage over the rest of the player base, all of it, free and paid.

I wish it were a perfect world but today's gaming world is far from this. Every game on every system these days have an exploit of some sort. People in WoW buy gold even though they're not allowed, so to see people using modded versions and other workarounds doesn't surprise me.....
  • Options

Agree.

It was an accident. "Relax" Aaron Rodgers.
  • Options

Agree.

i accidently hit the quote button and accidently typed "agree" then i accidently hit the "post reply" button, ha ha
    i accidently laughed ha ha
  • CharLieTao
    44 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Agree.

i accidently hit the quote button and accidently typed "agree" then i accidently hit the "post reply" button, ha ha
    i accidently laughed ha ha

Agree. [/quote]

[/quote]

It was an accident. "Relax" Aaron Rodgers.[/quote]

Sorry.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Devs, it may be time to lock this thread. I imagine you've received enough input from all sides of this debate by now, whether or not you were planning on taking the forum's opinions into account for what the planned "additional action" will be. At this point the thread has just turned into an endless back-and-forth from both sides, without much further constructive input. Let's all just get back to the game, and let you do what you're going to do. Maybe you'll eventually tell us what that is.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We take cheating and abuse of exploits very seriously because it upsets the balance of the game and can give certain players an unfair advantage against the rest of the community who are playing by the rules.

For taking cheating and exploits very seriously it doesn't look like you're taking very serious action to it. Yea yea I got it, "this is the final decision of action".

I personally have played since day 1, have dumped hundreds into this game and havent come close to the max achievements to get 5 star on my vader. These guys not only DON'T get banned, but they get to keep it for an eventual release of the nerf??

Considering I just did an arena and got hit for 9k by a vader on my 7 star sid...doesn't look like ya nerfed em all or enough.

Smh

• Options
    I just saw a 2* Vader in ally list. How is that even possible?
  • Options

Bronzium?
  • Options
    @CronozNL, ohh yea your in my server, i see u in top 10 all the time now. Nice to see people from our server for once
  • Options

[/quote]
    Probably Random
  • Options
    @IM_UR_UPGRADE I see you around the top 5 as well. You have a great team that I can't win of easy. You ever seen a hacker or cheater on our server?
    Need to add eachother still, need more allies!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I'll just second the earlier suggestion to lock this thread. I think this forum would do good with some modding.
  • Options
    STOP being a bunch of BABIES whining and crying over 7* Vader that you DON'T have and couldn't get! To whoever was able to get Vader to a 7*, CONGRATS! I am still here sitting on 64/80 shards for Vader, but congrats to you if you go him and got him to 7*. All of you babies asking for EA to reset their Vader toon are bitter, jealous, whiners, P2P whales who are just wailing like babies you couldn't do it as well. STOP!

Look how stopped you are.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @IM_UR_UPGRADE I see you around the top 5 as well. You have a great team that I can't win of easy. You ever seen a hacker or cheater on our server?
    Need to add eachother still, need more allies!

I have seen someone who i kind of suspect cause he jumped to top 10 pretty fast after not seeing him in top 50 for weeks. He could be a big spender but im a little suspicious
  • Options
    A few -enter chinese name here- also got through to top 20. Can't see or remember most of their teams :p
  • Options
    i knew about but didnt ...just to be safe ^^
  • Mateosius
    245 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Charlietao,

Without paying players there would be no game, period. This game or any freemium is not an act of charity. Therefore, it is normal that those that invest in the game have more say in it. You are allowed to play for free in the hopes that you eventually get tempted to join the ranks of those who pay.

Now nothing proves that only a group of players p2p or free players are responsible for the Vader exploit whatever you expert linguist want to call it.

That said as a paying player, I'm worried when I see free exploits that make my purchase close to worthless. In the long run you loose us you loose the game.

I don't envy the Vader getters actually even if Vader is a personal favorite of mine not sure I ever will use him. He's sadly a symbol of cheaters that will try to pretend they are skilled and probably actually believe there own ****...

That said nothing short of a full ban will work here. Ea should not insult those that support this game. And for those so God gifted with skills they should be brain surgeons not gamers then accept the ban you can restart your game from scratch and rebuild with your divine skills in a few days right ?
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Jesse. I have to agree with a couple of the other comments that it would be nice to see Vader buffed, for as hard as he is to activate, I just don't use him much at all and it's unfortunate. It would also be nice to see some new "Darth" or "sith" units released in the future, based on SW written material, thanks, -Boom
    IGN: jq
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Darth Bane! He's canon, and the most important Sith to understand why the Sith are what they are in the movies. Plus AOE Force Lightning would be the coolest attack ever.
  • Options
    Mateosius wrote: »
    Charlietao,

Without paying players there would be no game, period. This game or any freemium is not an act of charity. Therefore, it is normal that those that invest in the game have more say in it. You are allowed to play for free in the hopes that you eventually get tempted to join the ranks of those who pay.

Now nothing proves that only a group of players p2p or free players are responsible for the Vader exploit whatever you expert linguist want to call it.

That said as a paying player, I'm worried when I see free exploits that make my purchase close to worthless. In the long run you loose us you loose the game.

I don't envy the Vader getters actually even if Vader is a personal favorite of mine not sure I ever will use him. He's sadly a symbol of cheaters that will try to pretend they are skilled and probably actually believe there own ****...

That said nothing short of a full ban will work here. Ea should not insult those that support this game. And for those so God gifted with skills they should be brain surgeons not gamers then accept the ban you can restart your game from scratch and rebuild with your divine skills in a few days right ?

You're correct, seriously, thank you for spending! It does suck Vader was exploited, but it's ok.
  • Options
    No idea what the glitch was, or how intentional someone had to be to exploit it, but since it was a game glitch - not something players actually mod'd themselves to defraud the system, I think that banning them would be more than is necessary. I do think that their Vaders should be lowered to whatever star level they should be based on the accomplishments they unlocked. As others have stated, I'm not sure how hard that is to change in the coding...but I would think it would be possible and overall the best way to put things right at this point.
  • Yodavader
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    They must be banned. Otherwise, Their advantage and rewards from Arena tokens and crystals, Galactic War tokens, Event rewards, Battles rewards should be taken.
  • Options
    This topic is a lot hotter than i thought it was going to be.
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Darth Bane! He's canon, and the most important Sith to understand why the Sith are what they are in the movies. Plus AOE Force Lightning would be the coolest attack ever.

Force storm?
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We take cheating and abuse of exploits very seriously because it upsets the balance of the game and can give certain players an unfair advantage against the rest of the community who are playing by the rules.

Balance of the game? If anything cheaters makes it more like Star Wars .... The Dark side of the force vs the light.
  • Options
    @TommyVercetti420 you can consider them roleplaying :)