Older leaderboards have become stale...

Replies

• scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    darkdeath wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    It's the best way to keep ftp out of the top ten. They don't deserve to be there anyway.

May your blade chip and shatter sir. You are the worst.

(to be clear here, I'm all for a challenge... but to say ftp don't "deserve" to be in the top 10 is maybe the dumbest thing I've read on these forums. For a ftp to make the top 10, that means they've worked their **** off in game. They've earned that spot through blood sweat and hard work. They earned that spot. You paid for it. Bye Felicia)

I highly doubt you earned your way into your top ten. Clearly the meta shifted and you lucked out with having the toons required. Your fate will be dealt with in the next meta as you're cast back to the lower ranks of which you came from.

Sounds like fighting words to me...

hit auto 4x... see what rng decides
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Are you insane!!!! No no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    I like that I have my leaderboard figured out and don't have to work hard at finishing the top ranks. I don't want to have to figure out a new one to work on.

AP refreshes ummmmmmmmm noooooooooooooooooo.
    Make it harder for others to climb to the top not easier.

It's the best way to keep ftp out of the top ten. They don't deserve to be there anyway.

I'd love that. Having some whales who are in for $10k competing for a rank within the top20. I'll gladly step aside ;)

IMO they should keep the date started stirring process, but randomly shuffle players within that time period monthly.

ie, pool ALL December players into a group, then randomly place them into servers for a duration.....rince and repeat

+1

I'd be all for this. I'm on a fairly competitive February shard, but it's hard to get into contact with hardly any of them.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Ok this is getting dumb now. There's nothing about this that makes any sense.
    It's not about "good enough to climb" or whatever **** you're spraying left and right. Pretty much everyone can win easily on offense. IT'S ABOUT HAVING THE TIME DEDICATED TO REFRESH LIKE A *****
    So YEAH it's not about being competitive it's about being a person dedicated to bouncing up and down like a loser
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

(to be clear here, I'm all for a challenge... but to say ftp don't "deserve" to be in the top 10 is maybe the dumbest thing I've read on these forums. For a ftp to make the top 10, that means they've worked their **** off in game. They've earned that spot through blood sweat and hard work. They earned that spot. You paid for it. Bye Felicia)

I highly doubt you earned your way into your top ten. Clearly the meta shifted and you lucked out with having the toons required. Your fate will be dealt with in the next meta as you're cast back to the lower ranks of which you came from.

I don't play the current meta. I play for fun. :)
    Because it's a game see?
    My "fate" when the meta shifts will likely be that I continue to enjoy the game until I stop enjoying it and I move on.

But! If you derive your personal worth in the world from how you perform in a game environment (that you pay for), well good for you. I guess you're getting what you paid for. ;)
  • Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    It's not about "good enough to climb" or whatever **** you're spraying left and right. Pretty much everyone can win easily on offense. IT'S ABOUT HAVING THE TIME DEDICATED TO REFRESH LIKE A *****
    So YEAH it's not about being competitive it's about being a person dedicated to bouncing up and down like a loser

Stop making a scene, you're embarrassing me!
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

This is a dedicated Troll effort. +1 for the lengths you went to for this bit.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    My November shard is active... I'd rather wish to have an inactive shard so I can enjoy collecting toons and gearing whoever I want rather than chase the next Meta.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    I really like my shard and no way I want it changed.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Wow someone has some extra time on their hands.
    Post edited by WildGrunt on
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    I prefer to stay with my current shard. I know the people and teams I am fighting. I would hate to lose my ongoing rivalries. I was unhappy when all my rivals didn't end up in my ship shard so I can beat them there too.
  • Options
    I like that I have my leaderboard figured out and don't have to work hard at finishing the top ranks. I don't want to have to figure out a new one to work on.

This^^^
  • Options

Wow someone has some extra time on their hands, C U Next Tuesday

Ok sweetie. I'll have your undies pressed and folded for you!
  • Options

Because it's a game see?
    My "fate" when the meta shifts will likely be that I continue to enjoy the game until I stop enjoying it and I move on.

But! If you derive your personal worth in the world from how you perform in a game environment (that you pay for), well good for you. I guess you're getting what you paid for. ;)

This is not just game. It's an addiction. It's life. I gave up my house, my wife, and my dog. I will dominate the new arena from my box in the ally!
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Options
    I am with box on this 100%. I would request that we migrate slowly but constantly. Your shard should change by a few percent of players every day. That way you would have a lot of variety, and get to fight different people, and collusion for top 10 would be effectively ended. Player engagement, increased, very little development cost.
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Options
    Another idea is to create a very hard gated challenge that unlocks an advanced arena with dual leaders and better rewards. I would pay for that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »

I'd love that. Having some whales who are in for $10k competing for a rank within the top20. I'll gladly step aside ;)

Yeahhhh no thanks, I'm all for switching up servers...but grouping "whales" in one isn't the answer.

IMO they should keep the date started stirring process, but randomly shuffle players within that time period monthly.

ie, pool ALL December players into a group, then randomly place them into servers for a duration.....rince and repeat

i was merely responding to his statement about f2p not deserving a top10 ranking. I actually don't want all the whales on 1 leaderboard. I only said i'd gladly step aside so he could see his own plan backfire like crazy, perhaps he didn't realize that was the price he and his fellow whales had to pay for keeping f2p out of the top10.
    I'm impartial to the shuffle idea. If i had to chose i'll stick with what i have now instead of the unknown.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Figured out your leader board??? That is collusion!!! This game is supposed to be about the best of the best, just ask @danrussoa. But I guess some people always want to take the easy way out! I think the OP is a genius and should have statues build of him around this virtual galaxy!
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Options
    I agree box should make this happen
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

Because it's a game see?

This is not just game. It's an addiction. It's life. I gave up my house, my wife, and my dog. I will dominate the new arena from my box in the ally!

Your DOG man? That's cold.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options

Because it's a game see?

Your DOG man? That's cold.

Really. The wife, kids and house I am cool with that.. But the dog?!?
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    I understand why some would want a new shard... but I personally have worked my way up from rank 500 (from when I first started) to 20-50 by December of last year. From Jan - March, I've been struggling to keep up being in the top 20-50 but I haven't lost hope.

Changing it and potentially dropping me all the way back to 500 would not only demotivated me, but I would feel as though I lost all my progress and hard earned work...
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    Options
    I almost got my wife back but she called during payout.
  • Options
    Sounds like a great way to get a whole lot of people to quit.
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    Options
    Can they make arena like Legion where I'm in a different shard using different toons and get a glimpse of reality here or there?
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Really want to shake things up and make the game challenging and exiting? Implement guild v guild with real rewards,
  • Options
    Essej wrote: »
    I almost got my wife back but she called during payout.

Literally lol'd
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Figured out your leader board??? That is collusion!!! This game is supposed to be about the best of the best, just ask @danrussoa. But I guess some people always want to take the easy way out! I think the OP is a genius and should have statues build of him around this virtual galaxy!

So you want all the best players on one leaderboard?
    result: the entire leaderboard can beat eachother on offence. Goodluck trying to figure out who is truly the best. You don't even need to be a genius to know the OP is not a genius. lol
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Sounds like a great way to get a whole lot of people to quit.

This
  • Options
    So you want all the best players on one leaderboard?
    result: the entire leaderboard can beat eachother on offence. Goodluck trying to figure out who is truly the best. You don't even need to be a genius to know the OP is not a genius. lol

Only talk to me after you have taken 1st at payout with a full team of Night Sisters....
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    [quote/]

Sounds like fighting words to me...

Bet they wont hit about it tho.[/quote]

But only because of the dodge meta
This discussion has been closed.