Why are people concerned about having 5* Jedis before the event starts?

Prev134
Artas
223 posts Member
edited February 2016
I don't get it, really... I have read February release notes once again and very carefully. I quote:
"The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.
Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.
This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed"

As far as I understand, we must have 5 Jedis which are at least 1 star before the event starts. We don't need them to be 5 star. We will need them to be 5 star Jedis to complete Stage 5 and this will not happen very soon as explained by Jesse. It will take number of weeks to reach the Stage 5 when we can activate a new character with 5 Star Jedi team. So plenty of time to star up the Jedi team. Maybe I missed something here?

Replies

• Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Well, to be honest I'm not really sure what to think.

Of course I'm excited, because I'm pretty sure that the char you can get will be great, I can't imagine they make a challenge that reqieres five 7* chars and put some mediocre char as reward. (I think it will be Yoda btw)

But there's another point of view for me. If I understand everything correctly, I am supposed to get 5 Jedi before the update, so I'm able to do the event although I have no idea yet what the reward will be. So I feel a bit forced here.
    Now I already have 4 Jedi in my roster, but how about ppl who have just 2 or 3 Jedi yet? Will they even be able to aquire 2 or 3 more? And if, is it really worth the huge setback on your main team?

What you guys think?
  • Options
    I'm thinking yoga better be worth the resources I'm about to pump into a jedi team or whoever it's going to be.
  • Options
    My opinions is, if its teue that you need 5x5* jedi to even unlock it, its a bit much. Many people only have one or two jedis on high star. Some jedi teams might have 4 trained jedis. But to have 5 jedis above 5 star is allot. I have a 6*, 2 4* and a 2*. Even if i get one more jedi, it will take months to be ready for the event repeat to even have 5x5*. If we can enter aslong as we have 1 5* but just makes it harder, then thats way better.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I think that moving QGJ to cantina was a part of preparations for this, really clever from CG. Also, people can farm him while farming Mace, who suddenly became interesting, so I don't see aquiring 2 additional good jedis as a problem.
  • Options
    Ofcourse it is worth it, otherwise you are the only one not ending up with the new toon in the near future. I can already see the "I made a wrong choice, now I wanna quit" topics :(
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I think that moving QGJ to cantina was a part of preparations for this, really clever from CG. Also, people can farm him while farming Mace, who suddenly became interesting, so I don't see aquiring 2 additional good jedis as a problem.

Well, Mace is 80 shards and there's (maybe) not much time left, so do you think we will be able to unlock Mace before the event?
  • Options
    Unlocking enough jedis isnt the problem, unlocking enough 5 star jedis is the problem :/
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    My initial thought besides the predictions over who it would be.. was simply this was an interesting way to try to encourage more people to use Jedi.. given the last batch of anti jedi buffs to characters a while back...

As such I suppose its their way of trying to balance the number of sith and jedi characters out in the "wild" as it were...

But it also leads me to think that other events may involve forming teams of other factions to progress along them.. similar to what is described for the Jedi... as a result... like the GW... it encourages your to develop a wide range of characters not just focusing on a select few...

Even if you look at the Arena visability change, indirectly its to encourage people to develop a wider range of characters, but only people who can afford to pump a lot of money into the game can really to this with significant success...
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Well, Mace is 80 shards and there's (maybe) not much time left, so do you think we will be able to unlock Mace before the event?

Don't know, but I sure as hell will try.
  • Options
    not hard to get 5 7* jedis just go for, luminara, Jedi consular, Eeth Koth, Baris, Qui-Gon

and with the shard shop get QGJ shards I guess
  • Options
    I think Jesse was editing the notes too quickly and didn't mean to say that it takes 5x 5* jedi to unlock the new character in the event. I think he accidentally changed this when he changed the 7x 7* jedi to 5x 7* jedi line.
  • Options
    I like it, it gives everyone something to look forward too and work towards. It won't be easy and it won't be quick it could take months to get 5 7* Jedi but it will
    Be worth it eventually
  • Options
    I am fine with it. I only wish we had more lead time than around a week because I have my doubts I can turn three 4* Jedi into 5* Jedi in that short time period.
  • Options
    I am fine with it. I only wish we had more lead time than around a week because I have my doubts I can turn three 4* Jedi into 5* Jedi in that short time period.

I have to turn three 0* Jedis into 5* :'(
  • Options
    I heard the challenge is spread over 3 rounds, 1st one is 5 7* sids, 2nd round is 5 7* dookus and the last one a darth maul, sidious dooku hk47 mayhem.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe I understand it wrong, but I think you have to get all those starred Jedi in a rather short time.
    So, the event starts and you have just 4 Jedi? That's it, you're doomed.
    The last part of the event starts, you couldn't get QGJ to 7 stars, all your other four shiny 7 star Jedi won't help, you're doomed, no new char for you. Correct?

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

True. Now I almost wish for the update to be delayed...
  • Options
    The Jedi event lasts one week then a mini break then restart, it's an ongoing event so you won't miss out it will just take longer :) I will let you know if it's worth it first time around.
  • CreativeAttacker
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I believe with new update there will be Jedi bundles coming for all star levels at different prices.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    So you guys think the event will be repeated? My impression was that it's a one time event
  • Options
    So you guys think the event will be repeated? My impression was that it's a one time event

I read the updatelist last night, half asleep already. But from what i remember its a returning event and you can enter the next stage when you have higher * jedi. And when you complete stage 7 you'll have a 7* hero. So I expect it to reward accordingly: 1st event 10 shards, 2nd even 15 shards and so on.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

It's a reoccurring event. Some events will be available at all times, while special events like this one will be going through cycles. This allows them to add more events to the cycle, change existing ones, w/e. At least that's my take. Re-reading the notes when I get to work lol.
  • Options
    Yeah it will there for a week then away for a few weeks then back
    Roger roger
  • Options
    Do we even know what jedi to farm to be able to make a suitable team to even finish the 7Th level of difficulty?
  • Simsurf
    71 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Kinda betting against it been Yoda.... the most iconic character on the first special event with the game only a few months old..... But I could be wrong.. Hoping for grevious to lead or wheeze droid teams into battle.
  • Options
    I have nothing but a 2 star JC and a 3 star Barriss from a bronzium pack so it will take awhile
  • Options
    Well the next iconic character is Vader and they basically made him useless
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Well the next iconic character is Vader and they basically made him useless

How do u figure? DOTs have gotten a massive upgrade

• Options
    I do not know where you all found an info about this event, but if it will occure and will need 5 jedies all min 5* it will be the last day I will play this game. I have 4 jedi but i will not let anyone to make me dumb.
  • Options
    They released an update that will go in effect in a week or two.

Included is Jedi Event. Yeah, You need 5. But 2 or more stars are ok. You can have 5 seven stars as well. Most people who have that are high paying players. Others don't even have 2 Jedi on their entire roster.

Time for them to start moving. Slacked off long enuff