OFFICIAL: Rise Together Event: RETURN!

Replies

• Sordyn
    37 posts Member
    Options
    My 2 cents ...

1.) CG are prioritising the event because it looks like to me a back end server issue, which if not sorted may have knock on effects.

2.) CG are pretty good with compensation for this kind of things so
    don__t_panic_and_carry_a_towel_by_ashique47-d3fu8qd.jpg
  • Options
    jonni wrote: »
    I like how they said 'some of you' in the OP. i wonder if there are any of us not experiencing the glitch?
    I like how they said 'some of you' in the OP. i wonder if there are any of us not experiencing the glitch?

I believe it is affecting everyone not anyone has said it's working fine for them
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Kaerindal wrote: »
    Jim17547 wrote: »
    If you look at any node the reward just shows 1 shard. You can see what you're getting already. Only your fault that you didn't pay attention

Why should anyone assume that the rewards would look differently? Easily could be interperreted as double chance for drops, or that you'd just get 2x rewards and they'd show the same in preview.

because the last time it happened the double drops were indicated on the node's rewards? lol

Yeah assume we were here last time it happened oh and assume we remember that little detail... smart on you are very asssumptuous

lol newbies

This is actually right its ur own fault u didnt pay attention
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Just for your information, apparently the new ship packs drop normal omegas instead of ship omegas. At least I have heard that from several guys.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    EkoDroid wrote: »
    If you look at any node the reward just shows 1 shard. You can see what you're getting already. Only your fault that you didn't pay attention

Rookies don't know that it should say 2. Double means 1 x 2 = double. It showing 1 is still logical, so it is hardly their fault at all, let alone "only." It is the announcement's fault. The only fault they have is believing it, as a rookie mistake, since this has happened before!

Speaking of rookie mistakes...
    benacrow wrote: »
    FYI, the devs refer to the 'cantina' as the main game home menu, while they refer to 'cantina battles' as the energy nodes in cantina battles.

It'll be either LS/DS hard nodes, GW, or cantina battles that get double drops tomorrow when the devs make the announcement, not right now without announcement and in cantina battles.

FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • FINmuaddib
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    madHabits wrote: »
    FINmuaddib wrote: »
    I smell incoming Chewbacca shards...

Why is there so many people being pumped about chewy shards? Haha

About a year ago, we had an event the launch of which failed miserably. To compensate, we were awarded Chewbacca shards. Can you imagine the exhilaration, I mean.... Chewbacca shards....
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Double Drop CLARIFICATION: (from original post)
    Drops are currently normal cost with normal drop rates, exactly as they are listed within the game.
    When and if that changes, you will be notified in game exactly as we have done for you in the past.

Edit:
    Per our messaging there WILL BE Double drops activated. When we activate that portion of the event, we will notify all players in game. Stay tuned!. :smiley:
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Hex
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Not worth it.

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs is this correct in explaining the terminology?
    FYI, the devs refer to the 'Cantina' as the main game home menu, while they refer to 'cantina battles' as the energy nodes in cantina battles.

It'll be either LS/DS hard nodes, GW, or cantina battles that get double drops tomorrow when the devs make the announcement, not right now without announcement and in cantina battles.

The pop-up in-game says that double drops will be "in the Cantina" not "double drops in cantina battles".
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options

Why should anyone assume that the rewards would look differently? Easily could be interperreted as double chance for drops, or that you'd just get 2x rewards and they'd show the same in preview.

because the last time it happened the double drops were indicated on the node's rewards? lol

Yeah assume we were here last time it happened oh and assume we remember that little detail... smart on you are very asssumptuous

My newsletter says '...there will be double drops' rather than 'there are double drops'.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do something for you as it's obviously not WAI.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Double Drop CLARIFICATION: (from original post)
    Drops are currently normal cost with normal drop rates, exactly as they are listed within the game.
    When and if that changes, you will be notified in game exactly as we have done for you in the past.

Problem is that the in game newsletter already (falsely) notified us.
  • Options
    CG, error code 3.0 here also and no double drops. Happily I checked if there were any double drops before I spent any cantina energy
    Member of The ALLIΔNCE DeltΔcorns
  • Options
    thanks i cant get into the event and i before i saw this i thought i was never able to get my favourite star wars ship( the ghost)
  • Coot
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Kitch wrote: »

My newsletter says '...there will be double drops' rather than 'there are double drops'.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do something for you as it's obviously not WAI.

The whole message is still bundled with the launch of the new Phoenix packs which are live. I could 100% expect players to assume the double event is active after reading the newsletter popup. It's poor timing and wording getting the message out (something CG isn't unfamiliar with)

• Options
    Waiting for my 480 cantina energy or 600 crystals back. Thank You for understanding.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Olegon1 wrote: »
    Waiting for my 480 cantina energy or 600 crystals back. Thank You for understanding.
    FYI, the devs refer to the 'cantina' as the main game home menu, while they refer to 'cantina battles' as the energy nodes in cantina battles.

The pop-up in-game says that double drops will be "in the Cantina" not "double drops in cantina battles".
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Dude 95% of everyone Is sheep including me I'm going to keep trusting them when they tell us stuff sorry /: oh also "baaaahhh"

And that's fine, I get that, but then if you are, as you say, sheep, don't go around requesting refunds. It's a glitch, they happen and if you put too much faith in the Newsletter, these things can happen. I am NOT justifying the devs in any way (I'm pretty annoyed this is happening since my Dooku was really looking forward to those double drops), but come on, this whole thing about wasting energy could easily have been avoided if people only looked at what they're actually doing. Are the rewards shown as double? No? So no double drops yet - it's as easy as that.
  • Options
    Hello all,

We're sorry that all of you are experiencing difficulty getting into the Rise Together event.
    Some of you may be getting cycled out of the game.

We're working to resolve the issue. As always, we appreciate your patience and support!

I have corrected it for you. ;)

In my guild no one can start the Event.

• Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Hello all,

We're sorry that all of you are experiencing difficulty getting into the Rise Together event.
    Some of you may be getting cycled out of the game.

We're working to resolve the issue. As always, we appreciate your patience and support!

I have corrected it for you. ;)

In my guild no one can start the Event.

You're one with the force my friend. Tks :)
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

I believe that was referring to cantina energy specifically, since there are 2 places it can be used, and Kozi was clarifying that it would not be with mods, and would only be in cantina nodes when double drops are introduced into cantina battles. At least that's how I interpreted it.
  • Options
    is the issue resolved? im still getting the error on the event
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    FINmuaddib wrote: »
    About a year ago, we had an event the launch of which failed miserably. To compensate, we were awarded Chewbacca shards. Can you imagine the exhilaration, I mean.... Chewbacca shards....
    You mean like an event that restarts the client? Yup mine does it too...
  • Options
    Ohhh the tears, my energy, my energy
    Hah
  • Knite
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'd really appreciate it if you'd be willing to reset the cantina when double drops goes live.

I, like many others here, was a bit mislead by the in-game messaging and have already burned a few crystal refreshes.

Thanks for working late tonight to try and fix the event!
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »
    And that's fine, I get that, but then if you are, as you say, sheep, don't go around requesting refunds. It's a glitch, they happen and if you put too much faith in the Newsletter, these things can happen. I am NOT justifying the devs in any way (I'm pretty annoyed this is happening since my Dooku was really looking forward to those double drops), but come on, this whole thing about wasting energy could easily have been avoided if people only looked at what they're actually doing. Are the rewards shown as double? No? So no double drops yet - it's as easy as that.

Totally agree. Anyone can easily see that the drops are not Doubled yet. If you spend your energy that´s because your anxiety is beyond your reason.

• Options
    @CG_RyDiggs Thank you for addressing the issue and giving us a little feedback. The impatience and overall aggressive attitude towards an update gone awry is rather ridiculous. I don't understand why anyone here has the audacity to claim they burnt through three, or even one, full cantina energy refreshes without noticing the lack of double drops. I would actually appreciate if there was no compensation for this ****, and if you would continue to work on problems in the order you deem appropriate.

Leave the devs alone. It's late and they are just doing their jobs. No need to be an asshat.
  • Options
    We gotta use phoenix squad anyways and I havent even touched them at all, so I'm gonna pass.
This discussion has been closed.