OFFICIAL: Rise Together Event: RETURN!

Replies

• Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs Thank you for addressing the issue and giving us a little feedback. The impatience and overall aggressive attitude towards an update gone awry is rather ridiculous. I don't understand why anyone here has the audacity to claim they burnt through three, or even one, full cantina energy refreshes without noticing the lack of double drops. I would actually appreciate if there was no compensation for this ****, and if you would continue to work on problems in the order you deem appropriate.

Leave the devs alone. It's late and they are just doing their jobs. No need to be an asshat.

/salute ;)
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs Thank you for addressing the issue and giving us a little feedback. The impatience and overall aggressive attitude towards an update gone awry is rather ridiculous. I don't understand why anyone here has the audacity to claim they burnt through three, or even one, full cantina energy refreshes without noticing the lack of double drops. I would actually appreciate if there was no compensation for this ****, and if you would continue to work on problems in the order you deem appropriate.

Leave the devs alone. It's late and they are just doing their jobs. No need to be an asshat.

I agree, but i cant say no to compensations
  • Options
    The devil's in the details. Gotta pay attention people.
  • Sordyn
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Every time @CG_RyDiggs goes to give an update:

jonsword.gif
  • Options
    REM wrote: »
    I bought and spent Cantina energy because the in-game message said Double Drops was working. It's not. Do I get my energy back? Or am I just screwed because EA messed up and won't do anything about it?

They always reward players when a problem happens, normally some omega mats and crystals normally 500.. That's what they done in the past
  • BMac
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I bought and spent Cantina energy because the in-game message said Double Drops was working. It's not. Do I get my energy back? Or am I just screwed because EA messed up and won't do anything about it?

Exactly where did you it tell you they were available?
  • Options
    jarael wrote: »
    who cares about a ship event? we want them double drops!!

I do, the only way to get zeta mats (besides buying them in shop)
  • Aachthor
    138 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs

"There will be double drops" ?!?

Then for heavens sake get da decent *GERMAN TRANSLATER* !!

In german it clearly says "es gibt" which means "there are" - no word of "future" or "will be" !!
  • Options
    Sordyn wrote: »

jonsword.gif

Haha, nah. I know you all love SW as much as we do.
    We want to get this event up and running ASAP! (fingers crossed).
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Details are important... image.png

Notice "...there will be double drops..." and "in the Cantina", which is different than 'cantina battles'.

The game literally told us that double drops are not currently available in cantina battles...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Mistakes happen to all of us.

Personally, I only refresh the Cantina battles in batches of 2 at a time. I kept getting '0' or '2' Kylo shards. Therefore, I believed the update was working as intended. I don't pay attention to the other drops, such as credits, ability mats etc, because I have plenty of them. My mistake.

You could say, wow, how dumb, you didn't check the forums before spending your Cantina Energy. I believe the game should not work like this :p

Truly believe the Devs are doing their very best to fix it. Thx for acknowledgement. :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    Is there any reason why it was decided that Ship Omega Ability Materials were introduced via these two ship bundles? And 8 of them when 10 is needed to max a ship ability? That seems broken and/or unfair.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Mistakes happen to all of us.

Personally, I only refresh the Cantina battles in batches of 2 at a time. I kept getting '0' or '2' Kylo shards. Therefore, I believed the update was working as intended. I don't pay attention to the other drops, such as credits, ability mats etc, because I have plenty of them. My mistake.

You could say, wow, how dumb, you didn't check the forums before spending your Cantina Energy. I believe the game should not work like this :p

Truly believe the Devs are doing their very best to fix it. Thx for acknowledgement. :)

You're right, the game should tell you in-game that drops are not actually active yet in cantina battles.
    benacrow wrote: »

image.png

Notice "...there will be double drops..." and "in the Cantina", which is different than 'cantina battles'.

FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Sordyn wrote: »

jonsword.gif

Hahahaha! That's funny!!
  • Options
    dalvian wrote: »
    Is there any reason why it was decided that Ship Omega Ability Materials were introduced via these two ship bundles? And 8 of them when 10 is needed to max a ship ability? That seems broken and/or unfair.

Where did you get that from? But seems to make sense.
    They needed to introduce them at some point and 8/10 so people buy the packs that will supply them.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    You're right, the game should tell you in-game that drops are not actually active yet in cantina battles.

And the game actually DOES tell you exactly that by showing a "1" under the shard icon in any given node. That means you can only get a max of ONE shard and that in turn means the Double Drops haven't started yet. I'm sorry, but you're the one who did not check if the rewards have actually doubled or not. Saying that you "thought" they did because you got 2 shards on a double-sim is really not an excuse.
  • Options
    Wasted 100 Crystals for nothing, thanks CG!!! :)
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Ring wrote: »

And the game actually DOES tell you exactly that by showing a "1" under the shard icon in any given node. That means you can only get a max of ONE shard and that in turn means the Double Drops haven't started yet. I'm sorry, but you're the one who did not check if the rewards have actually doubled or not. Saying that you "thought" they did because you got 2 shards on a double-sim is really not an excuse.

Lol well there's that too. And again, "the Cantina" refers to the whole game interface, and "cantina battles" refers to the orange cantina energy nodes. Since the game said "the Cantina", then we shouldn't have to even look at "cantina battle" shard drops.
  • Options

Hardcore Brown Noser in the house.
  • Grampa77
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm still stoked for this Phoenix Squadron event. Rebels is a solid toon and I really like the ability sharing aspect in the game. Also, can anyone loan me 50K crystals so that I can use my squad in guild battles?
  • Artimus
    177 posts Member
    Options
    It is not as ambiguous as some are trying to make this when this newsletter announcement dropped everything listed in it was to be active the event and store items mentioned where visible in game so there was no reason to think that double drops would not yet be active people!
  • Options
    Communication is never too clear from EA/CG...
    I wish they could give clearer communication such as exact start date and time for a x2 drop event so we could plan around it...
    Ah well, i still like the game and am grateful the devs created it and keep it going :)
  • Options
    Seems to be a lot of comments regarding use of future tense in the in game message. However you could still interpret the message as "active now, and will be for 5 days". Just saying.
  • Options
    @Ring

That's why I said, my mistake. I didn't carefully examined the Cantina battle rewards before simming them. I trusted the in game announcement for the update to be active. People say I'm a bit naïve, think this confirms it :p
  • Options
    Weird that the patch got cleared for launch. Do you guys have QA ?
  • Options
    Personally, I will not assume that anything is live until I see a clear in-game confirmation.
    "Double drops in Cantina Battles are active from now until XXX" will do.
    And that's most likely close to what we will see in game when it happens.
    I can feel for the people who thought DDs were active already, maybe everyone will get a little something for that and mostly the event not working.
    But I don't think people should get too mad as I would blame it more on a lack of perception on the players part than bad communication by CG here. "There will be Double Drops" seems pretty clear to me in that it hasn't started yet.
  • Options
    Artimus wrote: »
    It is not as ambiguous as some are trying to make this when this newsletter announcement dropped everything listed in it was to be active the event and store items mentioned where visible in game so there was no reason to think that double drops would not yet be active people!

+1
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Hello all,

We're sorry that some of you are experiencing difficulty getting into the Rise Together event.
    Some of you may be getting cycled out of the game.

We're working to resolve the issue. As always, we appreciate your patience and support!

Double Drop CLARIFICATION:
    Drops are currently normal cost with normal drop rates, exactly as they are listed within the game.
    When and if that changes, you will be notified in game exactly as we have done for you in the past.

Per our messaging there WILL BE Double drops activated. When we activate that portion of the event, we will notify all players in game. Stay tuned!. :smiley:

I am sorry but in French, the description tells us.
    That once te event start the cantina double drops will be on.
    So I also spend 100on refresh and then I realized there were no extra shards..

So...
  • Options
    im need back my 400 crystals which i spent when receive advertise about double drop! Thank you for ruined celebration!
This discussion has been closed.