66 DT shards from 146 sims

124Next

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    To the guy who said B2 is "known" to be lower... I have 330 data points to add to that equation. It came out to about 34%.

My previous farm, Wedge, was about 33%.

Kylo has been about 34% since I satrted farming him a few weeks ago, including during double drops.

I'll have the complete numbers next week when I'm on my normal computer at work.

Thank you for keeping track of the data. I know it's tedious work - but it is appreciated.

@Nikoms565 As promised, here are my data:

B2 farm, 09 Feb - 03 April:
    12 energy node (obviously)
    11,160 energy spent, 930 attempts, 330 shards pulled, 35.48% drop rate.

Kylo farm, 03-18 April:
    10 energy node
    5050 energy spent, 505 attempts, 299 shards pulled, 59.2% drop rate (double drops included) and 36.44% drop rate (double drops corrected).

I just began JKA on his 16 energy node so I'll report on that in a few months when I'm done with him.
    Great work! So with over 1400 attempts, the drop rate indicated would be approximately 36%. My guess would be the 33% is actually the rate, and you were lucky. ;)

Thanks again for your time and effort @Kevern_Zaksor
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Kevern_Zaksor - could you perhaps post this data as a separate thread? That way people will be able to find it more easily...or those of use who might want to reference it in some "discussions" about drop rates. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Will do!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    33% drop rate is ~1 shard for every 3 attempts. 146/3 = 48.67. You got 66. Consider yourself lucky.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Mine has been all over the place. During the double drop event I was getting diddly on DT, to the point I shifted to Aayla midway through the event. My guildmates however were getting some seriously killer good drops as well. After the event ended, my drop rate improved by a good measure, but I still had days (like today) when I was getting like 1 shard for everyone 120 energy refresh I did. So ... RNG is RNG is RNG is RNG.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    The better question is how many omega mats dropped in that sample. Half my guild farmed DT during double drops, most going thru the 400 refreshes each day. Not 1 omega drop out of all of us. At least close to 1000+ sims between us during those days and... not... 1...omega...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The better question is how many omega mats dropped in that sample. Half my guild farmed DT during double drops, most going thru the 400 refreshes each day. Not 1 omega drop out of all of us. At least close to 1000+ sims between us during those days and... not... 1...omega...

To be fair, that wasn't the topic of the original thread. But, like your guild mates, I never dropped an omega during double drops - and I was double refreshing DT's now every day of the event.

Most believe the omega drop rate on the cantina node is just a teeny tiny bit above 0. Just barely. Like worse than 3,720 to 1.

• Options
    Well I didn't get a single omega either from the double drops event when i refreshed 4 times a day or in the last days since I resumed farming DT for 2 refreshes per day

Also I only received 9 DT shards in 5 days, so the conclusion is that I have bad drop rate for DT no matter if is singe or double drops, while I had a significantly better drop rate for Kylo in both the event and in regular drops. Actually there isn't any toon that I have farmed that gave me constantly bad drop rate for an extended period of time like DT. In about 10 days of farming there wasn't a single day with a drop rate even close to 33%, probably if I had farmed any other toon during double drops this thread wouldn't exist.