Rey is totally busted.

12346Next

Replies

• Options
    I think they don't even have to reduce her attack, but maybe remove the foresight. That would at least allow people to attack her more so she can't get as many hits in.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ZRaider wrote: »
    With Leia being released to shipments, it's going to turn into the Leia, Rey, and RG show. All the top squads will be running them, probably with Daka and a variety of different leaders.

That's exactly the thing. We can cry for the nerf bat all we want, but it won't stop new heroes from taking their places. They said, "down with GS," so Rey took the spot. Before that it was FOTP, they said "this guy is too tough and everyone uses him" so they crushed him and GS took the spot. And so on and so forth.

Like it or not, it's the reality of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Rey as an easily farmable character for ftp. If you remove her foresight she's WAY too easy to kill. The glass-cannon class like Rey is not unique to this game, it's in everything. You gotta learn to play around it. They got Rey? Take someone who can stun and steal TM. They got RG in there too? Take someone who can remove taunt (QGJ, Mace, Asajj, etc).

Once you start bumpin up against your Power limit in arena and GW, it's easy to start feeling like a victim. You are a warrior! Use your skills, your wisdom and strength will set you free! Haha! But honestly, yeah, it's just an arms race: you can't get on top unless you have the biggest guns.

Good luck bro.

EDIT: You know I can't type.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    ZRaider wrote: »
    With Leia being released to shipments, it's going to turn into the Leia, Rey, and RG show. All the top squads will be running them, probably with Daka and a variety of different leaders.

That's exactly the thing. We can cry for the nerf bat all we want, but it won't stop new heroes from taking their places. They said, "down with GS," so Rey took the spot. Before that it was FOTP, they said "this guy is too tough and everyone uses him" so they crushed him and GS took the spot. And so on and so forth.

Like it or not, it's the reality of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Rey as an easily farmable character for ftp. If you remove her foresight she's WAY too easy to kill. The glass-cannon class like Rey is not unique to this game, it's in everything. You gotta learn to play around it. They got Rey? Take someone who can stun and steal TM. They got RG in there too? Take someone who can remove taunt (QGJ, Mace, Asajj, etc).

Once you start bumpin up against your Power limit in arena and GW, it's easy to start feeling like a victim. You are a warrior! Use your skills, your wisdom and strength will set you free! Haha! But honestly, yeah, it's just an arms race: you can't get on top unless you have the biggest guns.

Good luck bro.

EDIT: You know I can't type.

You don't think FOB in itself is too much? She shouldn't be able to take a max geared attacker with 25% to 50% protection and kill them with FOB. For me I'm fine with Rey minus FOB, that ability is just a bit too much I think. I would much rather see another ability along the lines of leverage that gives some kind of group utility.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    She used to one-shot full health people, that's why they added protection. Haha, so in a weird way, it's already better. I still maintain she's not eh ultimate game-changer. There's a lot that goes into each match. She is definitely the K.O. warning light in the game right now. It keeps it fun, and frustrating, but if it wasn't her, it would be somebody else.

Lots of people complain fights last too long, it's nice to have some heroes that actually dish out some damage.

I get it, I get it. But IMHO, it's just not as much of an issue if you have the same level gear as the team you're facing, Rey or no Rey.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    Options
    By the way, I'm not sure that it is necessary to remove her foresight, because as far as I know, she grew up in the trash. She had a lot to fight for her life and the foresight developed her in natural way. In some ways it remainder me of Bruce Lee's childhood, but it is not B.L. She is sensitive to force, but she is not a superman, she survives thanks to foresight and possible number of strokes, including critical.
  • Options
    You people are acting Rey one shots everybody all the time. Flurry of Blows needs offense up to cause alot of damage. Unlike GS, Rey doesn't get offense up off her basic; she's gotta have a positive status effect and then use her special or you gotta pair her up with Qui Gon or Poggle. By that time, you've had enough time to slap a debuff her way or stun her, removing 25% of her offense. Not to mention, both of her damage dealing specials have super long cooldowns