How exactly will R2 end the Maul meta...?!?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    That's what I meant Scuba. It's how I start all my matches, you need to get lucky with who goes first after SA uses her special. If it isn't Maul or Nihilus it can be a problem. I just meant I don't see how R2 is going to magically solve this problem. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    That's what I meant Scuba. It's how I start all my matches, you need to get lucky with who goes first after SA uses her special. If it isn't Maul or Nihilus it can be a problem. I just meant I don't see how R2 is going to magically solve this problem. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

IMO, R2 may help those struggling vs zeta maul leads. I don't think he will be a magical fix to it but for those coming close he can probably help push over to get the win. Those that are winning some can get some help winning more.

However those getting their rear ends handed to them by zeta maul sith I don't think is going to help that much.
  • Options
    IdraRage wrote: »
    Rex (L) Chaze GK Nihilus is already competitive with Zaul teams. Subbing out Nihilus for Z2 (double Zeta R2) should make the team superior.

I wouldn't think that would be true - need DN to kill stuff on offense. The cleanse team becomes a sitting duck on D without DN.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    maul-get-it-nvm_o_4449375.jpg
    -props to @Achilles
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

IMO, R2 may help those struggling vs zeta maul leads. I don't think he will be a magical fix to it but for those coming close he can probably help push over to get the win. Those that are winning some can get some help winning more.

However those getting their rear ends handed to them by zeta maul sith I don't think is going to help that much.

I think this is spot on. The guys in the 50-200 ranks I see benefiting a lot from R2 vs. zDM.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Antares wrote: »
    The entire enemy will go before you regardless of whether you have r2 or not. After that, with all the debuffs, you will be at such a disadvantage that you won't be able to turn the match around. Just as is the case now!

R2's base speed is 157. It will be very easy for him to go first with some good mods, especially under a Lando or AA lead.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    The entire enemy will go before you regardless of whether you have r2 or not. After that, with all the debuffs, you will be at such a disadvantage that you won't be able to turn the match around. Just as is the case now!

R2's base speed is 157. It will be very easy for him to go first with some good mods, especially under a Lando or AA lead.

Very doubtful. I have +94 speed only on my SA (slow for my shard) and he moves at 300+ effective speed. That means that even with Ackbar lead, you would need +125 or so speed on R2. The 20% TM at start of encounters makes SA pretty much completely incontestable
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

Very doubtful. I have +94 speed only on my SA (slow for my shard) and he moves at 300+ effective speed. That means that even with Ackbar lead, you would need +125 or so speed on R2. The 20% TM at start of encounters makes SA pretty much completely incontestable

I have Yoda at 285 speed, 315 under zQGJ. SA w/ 106+ speed from mods under zMaul goes b4 me. R2 won't b outpacing SA.