Zader STILL Solos .. Permanent solution for Heroic Rancor

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    How about an update to pit raids? It's been a year and half now. Hard mode, zeta.. a new 5th phase may Be? Pre phase 1, so phase current phase 1 can get all time zones a whack at it?

The AAT is supposed to take the place of the Rancor for people who are looking for a more challenging raid. Lower content shouldn't be made harder to appease those who have surpassed it.

• Options
    Doesn't have to be lower content. Just time for more imagination
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options

Ok, but then what will be the lower content?

It's a stepping stone raid currently. If it gets its difficulty increased then they'd have to introduce new content of that difficulty to replace it so the new players can progress as well...

• Options
    I would like a a jaba palace boss, with Random bounty hunters before you get to the Gamorean gaurds in phase 1. Even Lando, and leia in disguise.
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Baller wrote: »
    I am also a F2P player but I've spent a little under $500 on my account so I can pretty much say I represent about 60-70% of the playerbase.
    FIX THIS BUG (by removing TMR on rancor).
    Claiming you're FTP when you've spent $500 is just as ridiculous as shouting that taking out TM-removal is not a nerf but a bug fix. Claiming that this way, you represent the majority of the player base is most hilarious, as the available evidence (the responses here show a striking lack of support for your point of view) clearly points to the complete opposite, which you then simply ignore in order to validate your position.
    As others have pointed out, a Zader team is just a good strategy. Now that the stacking of TM removal has been fixed (cause that's what a bug fix really does) and it still is a good team, there's just no reason to cry.
    I already have a zader team and a teebo team and can solo rancor easily with a bunch of gear 7/8 toons with literally NO MODS on 3 of them. How is that fair for the people that have been playing for a year but still havent conpleted their first heroic raid?
    First: that you (claim to) have that ability has absolutely nothing to do with seasoned players not being able to do a Heroic rancor in their guilds. If anything, it's the complete opposite. One player with a Zader team could pull the entire guild.
    Second: if you consider your own actions in your own guild unfair to other players in other guilds, then stop doing it.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Ok, but then what will be the lower content?

It's a stepping stone raid currently. If it gets its difficulty increased then they'd have to introduce new content of that difficulty to replace it so the new players can progress as well...

I love phase 1, it's just over too fast...
  • Baller
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Let me ask you all a serious freaking question..

Is there ANY ONE squad that can solo heroic or even normal aat raid?

No, right? Because its not supposed to be designed like that! So why can't it share the same amount of strategizing and team coordination as aat raids? You know, where you have a jedi squad for p1, clones for p2, palp for p3 and rebels for p4? Why do YOU ALL want to see boring, repetitive rancor raids done over and over again by the one guy with zader? Or teebo? What is wrong with me wanting more competive action and strategy?
  • Jopa_Tice
    160 posts Member
    Options
    But heres the thing.. Raid damage should be based off skill and strategizing your squad, not by focusing on leveling up Teebo/Zader.

Honestly, its the Zader/Teebo users that end up hogging up all the top prizes.

If you take turn meter removal AWAY from them, you will get a more accurate spread of damage split between your guild sqaud.

As opposed to havin one zader team do all the work and teebo teams coming in bottlenecking rewards.

Maybe I'm not be doing it right. I have Zader, but I don't solo it. Plus, even if I could, I choose to end the battle so my team members get a chance. Sounds like you need a new guild.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo - do you not see the issue with TMR teams bottlenecking rewards at the top?

Guild rewards should be fairly distributed among members and shouldnt be funneled to the people who went TMR teams.

People have spent hundreds if not THOUSANDS on gearing up for the new meta like sith who are notoriously bad in raids (besides vader)

Just because you have a certain toon (zader,teebo, qgj, rex, bistan) doesn't mean you should be able to HOG ALL THE TOP REWARDS!!!!!

Actually, because I have a certain toon DOES mean I should be able to get top rewards. I didn't spend over a year getting Vader 7* + max gear + well modded just to not be able to use him.

What does spending money on any meta team for arena have to do with raids? The 2 are completely unrelated.

By "fairly distributed", do you mean my 1st place rewards should be the same as the other guys 50th place rewards? The guy who took the time to enter a 0 and did nothing else should get the same as me? That's awfully communist of you.

Think about what you're saying.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options

No, right? Because its not supposed to be designed like that! So why can't it share the same amount of strategizing and team coordination as aat raids? You know, where you have a jedi squad for p1, clones for p2, palp for p3 and rebels for p4? Why do YOU ALL want to see boring, repetitive rancor raids done over and over again by the one guy with zader? Or teebo? What is wrong with me wanting more competive action and strategy?

Of course not, because that's the NEW, HIGH LEVEL content.

The Rancor is OLD, LOW LEVEL content. It is a stepping stone raid that needs to have lower difficulty than the AAT raid to allow new players to progress in the game.

The Rancor is not meant for you anymore, it's meant for the new, lower level, little players. If you want it to be exciting for you again, start an alt account and work on it there.

Increasing the difficulty will be destroying the content for the people it is meant for to make it more satisfying to people it ISN'T meant for.

Now if some guy can't do decent damage on the Heroic Rancor, the guy in the top spot isn't "stealing his rewards", he's helping out the lowby by letting him take 50th place in the Heroic Rancor which gives out better rewards than 1st place in tier 6 Rancor.

There is literally no benefit to anyone who really needs this content in your "solution" to this "problem".

• Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    Options

Lol you've clearly never done heroic or if you have you're still terrible at it.

HAAT has been designed so that there are 4 completely different phases (unlike rancor) now even though there are different phases you can still solo the phases individually EG Zylo .... Or clones (granted not a full solo but 70% is pretty close lol)

For the endgame content people can down it with only 3 on a team ... Why is this??? Because players have theory crafted the best teams for each phase, because the game has evolved since the HAAT came out and Zetas have come ...

That's strategy, the same strategy that uses TMR in rancor.

You're either a troll or you have the IQ of a goldfish.

• Baller
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Thats NOT what I'm saying by fairly distributed Klocko!

What I'm saying is WHY should YOU(like me) ALWAYS get the top #1 rewards when OUR rancor squad is literally based off exploiting a bug that should never be there in the first place?

Why is it fair that our squad does 10.3 mill dmg with measly gear 7/8 unmodded toons to rancor, when EVERY OTHER SQUAD at gear 10/11 can barely hit 1-2 mill?

WE are part of the problem Klocko, we shouldn't using this bug to our advantage and reap the benefits like that. Its unfair to the rest of the players that have put in a lot of time and effort into into their squads only to see a cheese TMR do all the dmg to rancor.

And besides as I stated in an earlier post, if zader is meant to be so good why cant you do the same in aat raids? Hmm?
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Of course not, because that's the NEW, HIGH LEVEL content.

The Rancor is OLD, LOW LEVEL content. It is a stepping stone raid that needs to have lower difficulty than the AAT raid to allow new players to progress in the game.

The Rancor is not meant for you anymore, it's meant for the new, lower level, little players. If you want it to be exciting for you again, start an alt account and work on it there.

Increasing the difficulty will be destroying the content for the people it is meant for to make it more satisfying to people it ISN'T meant for.

Now if some guy can't do decent damage on the Heroic Rancor, the guy in the top spot isn't "stealing his rewards", he's helping out the lowby by letting him take 50th place in the Heroic Rancor which gives out better rewards than 1st place in tier 6 Rancor.

There is literally no benefit to anyone who really needs this content in your "solution" to this "problem".

This. Exactly this.
  • Baller
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward - That is where I respectfully disagree with you. EVERYBODY still needs rancor. EVERYBODY. Fact of the matter is the rewards are much better on rancor(and it's not even close) and most of the rewards you get in heroics aat are useless junk. Please dont act like you dont need rancor because even the whales need heroic rancor.

I get your point and where you're coming from, but at least with the tmr immunity that will EASILY and MOST EFFECTIVELY solve the damage disparity between cheese tmr teams and good sith/rebel teams.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward - That is where I respectfully disagree with you. EVERYBODY still needs rancor. EVERYBODY. Fact of the matter is the rewards are much better on rancor(and it's not even close) and most of the rewards you get in heroics aat are useless junk. Please dont act like you dont need rancor because even the whales need heroic rancor.

I get your point and where you're coming from, but at least with the tmr immunity that will EASILY and MOST EFFECTIVELY solve the damage disparity between cheese tmr teams and good sith/rebel teams.

I agree with you to a point. We all have characters that we want to level to do this or that. But what is the point of even leveling new characters if the end goal is to make all teams do about the same damage?

If you want all teams to do the same damage, then there's no point to leveling more than a few teams. It's the elimination of choice at that point.
    Do I choose to level my Sith for Squad Arena, or my rebels for AAT, or my tm team for Rancor?

If I don't have to choose which ones to level for the Rancor, then I need gear less because I need fewer teams.

I still fail to see any benefit to increasing the Rancor difficulty in any way.

• Options
    The Rancor is old low level content, it is currently still needed to gear characters but is old content so it is expected to be easy for people who have played a while.

This time next year the AAT will be easy and we may even have teams who can solo the whole raid or most of it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    How about making Heroic Rancor IMMUNE TO ALL TURN METER REMOVAL. Yes, that means teebo and rex will no longer be able to remove turn meter but at least you no longer have to worry about this zader bug.

This will easily level the playing field for all P2P and F2P players.

if your goal is to level the playing field for all f2p and p2p players, making the rancor immune to all turn meter removal is not the way to go.
    if anything it would give p2p (or large/more advanced rosters is probably a better term) a way bigger advantage over f2p players. A TMR squad is easily farmed, doing alot of damage without TMR on the other hand does take some serious work (read: p2p advantage).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    The rancor has certain strengths and weaknesses. People play it accordingly.

The tank has certain strengths and weaknesses. People play it accordingly.

Level 1 light side missions have certain strengths and weaknesses. People play them accordingly.

Level 9 light side missions have certain strengths and weaknesses. People play them accordingly

Level 1 dark side missions...

Do you get the gist??

The rancor is what it is. There are ways to play it to your advantage. Like all the aspects of the game.
    WHY CHANGE THAT?? You haven't made a good case for change, which there shouldn't be anyway.
    Don't like it too easy for yourself? Impose restrictions on YOURSELF.
    Don't like that it's too easy for others? GET OVER IT, IT AIN'T YOUR GAME!!
  • Options
    Because now it's boring, tank even more so. What do you find fun?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Have zader and heavy tmr squad.. won't use it in raid. Because... i'm such fair play user ;)
  • Baller
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Leef - but what you have going on right now is you have a bunch of level 60-70s already with 7* han solo in their shard because they had ONE guy in their guild who solod it all for them.. kind of like Klocko above who solos for his guild probably 49/50 a bunch of level 50-60s. It creates an imbalance for everyone and again is NOT FAIR for the people such as myself playing the game the right way. Good guys like me ALWAYS finish last and I want to change that!
  • Options
    ...Yes, that means teebo and rex will no longer be able to remove turn meter but at least you no longer have to worry about this zader bug...

are you gonna refund shards and gear for teebo, rex, qgj, tfp, phasma, tusken raider, jyn, csp1, bistan, CWC, ewok scout, elder, FOO? I farmed all those only for Heroic rancor,
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Leef - but what you have going on right now is you have a bunch of level 60-70s already with 7* han solo in their shard because they had ONE guy in their guild who solod it all for them.. kind of like Klocko above who solos for his guild probably 49/50 a bunch of level 50-60s. It creates an imbalance for everyone and again is NOT FAIR for the people such as myself playing the game the right way. Good guys like me ALWAYS finish last and I want to change that!

well, you could always change guilds. Big fish in a small pond will get you top rewards as soon as your guild is able to clear heroic. Small fish in a big pond will get you han solo asap, but you'll have to settle for a low rank.
    There is no "right way" to play the game and the game will never be "fair".
    Point is, with an easely farmed TMR squad newish f2p players have a chance of top rewards and they're able to clear herioc rancor sooner rather than later. I'd say that's a good thing for f2p and newish players. Take away the TMR and ALOT of guilds won't be able to clear heroic, yet the newish players who joined a top guild will still get han solo shards. Without TMR top players in the guild will once again be getting top rewards without much of a contest, simply because without TMR low birds won't stand a chance one way or another.
    It's an all around bad idea to make the rancor immune to TMR because it doesn't improve anything, and will most certainly NOT level the playing field between f2p and p2p.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Baller
    58 posts Member
    Options
    MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    ...Yes, that means teebo and rex will no longer be able to remove turn meter but at least you no longer have to worry about this zader bug...

are you gonna refund shards and gear for teebo, rex, qgj, tfp, phasma, tusken raider, jyn, csp1, bistan, CWC, ewok scout, elder, FOO? I farmed all those only for Heroic rancor,

ABSOLUTELY NOT! Even myself, I will NEVER ask for a refund even though I have zader. And you farming those shards would be your problem, you had the opportunity to farm others but you chose those instead. And if you really did only farm them to use them for tmr advantage for heroics only, you sound like you don't even NEED a refund.

WHY should players reap the rewards and benefit for so long then get entitled to a full refund of the zeta mats for exploiting something that should have never taken place in the first place?
  • Options
    Thanx
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Thats NOT what I'm saying by fairly distributed Klocko!

What I'm saying is WHY should YOU(like me) ALWAYS get the top #1 rewards when OUR rancor squad is literally based off exploiting a bug that should never be there in the first place?

Why is it fair that our squad does 10.3 mill dmg with measly gear 7/8 unmodded toons to rancor, when EVERY OTHER SQUAD at gear 10/11 can barely hit 1-2 mill?

WE are part of the problem Klocko, we shouldn't using this bug to our advantage and reap the benefits like that. Its unfair to the rest of the players that have put in a lot of time and effort into into their squads only to see a cheese TMR do all the dmg to rancor.

And besides as I stated in an earlier post, if zader is meant to be so good why cant you do the same in aat raids? Hmm?

My squad is considerably higher than g7-8. If they supposedly fixed the bug but it's still doable, then it's not exploiting. At that point, it's utilizing the right team for the game mechanic.

Can't do the same in HAAT, because it's a differently designed raid. Same reason, I assume, Chirpatine isn't a viable team in rancor. It's just not how that raid works.
  • Options
    Different modes require farming different characters. TMR teams are great for the Rancor but less useful in other areas of the game. Going out of the way to farm them should be rewarded with better rewards.

If you are unhappy with low level players having 7 star Han then what about the ones with General Kenobi?

• Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    Options
    Troll post is trolling still
  • Options
    @Baller

Ok, i'll try to stay gentle.
    1-using tmr for rancor isn't a bug exploit, it's WAI. Remember, when they launched the pit, what's CG was selling....ewoks
    2- ewoks have 2 tmr, assist attack and tm gain for...do more tmr. So CG strategy for pit was...yes tmr
    3- at the beginning, ppl have start making huge dmg on pit whit ewoks and finally have understand the tmr mechanic and have improved it : teeboL, qgj, 5, rex, chewie/ewok scout/ewok elder
    4- time have passe, zeta has appears and ...well other squad have been possible for pit...which is normal
    5-pit still desing for lv80 players, so no zeta or g11 or 85....it's obvious that's easy to do now
  • Options
    Baller, please post a video of your gear 7/8 unmodded Zader team trying to solo the rancor. I could do with a laugh! You wouldn't get 25% of the way through phase 1. I think we've all been had by this joker.