Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    I am stoked about Rebel Ahsoka. But this is Empire Pass. She can wait her turn.
  • Options
    Will she get a ship? Or will she be able to pilot ahsoka' s jedi star fighter? I understand why she would not since she is "not a Jedi" but it's a possibility.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    If Ahsoka gets two ships before Anakin gets one, I riot. And Luke, for that matter.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    could NOT care less if new ahsoka gets a ship. ships are yesterdays failure, only there to farm zetas.
  • Options
    Resistance gets 1 zeta on Finn, massive raid damage(Now with 2x damage)
    Clones get 1 zeta on Cody, Massive Raid Damage(I know 5s has a zeta, but isn't required for engine)
    First Order gets 4 zetas 1/2 massive raid damage, can beat many teams in arena, drops like a rock
    Jedi get Zetas on Yoda, QGJ, top arena viable
    Sith get Maul Zeta, dominate Arena, along with DN w/zeta who is on most arena teams

Empire has zetas on Vader, Veers, Krennic, Deathtrooper, Tarkin and Stormtrooper.
    Vader Zeta is good, not great now that Pit was fixed. The rest amount to very little. Troopers have some raid potential but they can do about as much as first order at complete max with great mods.
    The Empire faction pass is over, and what is left is a steaming pile.

All of the above mentioned factions besides sith, will be revisited and made even better before empire even gets consideration. Leaving one of the biggest factions in the game, standing there worthless.

I don't generally like to be overly critical of the developers, but when it comes to what happened with the empire pass, it's already the worst of the bunch.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So new tarkin stuff and ashoka.
    Fulcrum Ahsoka's characteristics:

Basic: physical damage, gain protection up and give an ally protection up

Meditate: gain foresight and copy all non-unique buffs from allies for two turns. then gain 15% tm for each buff (cd3)

Whirlwind: consume all buffs on ahsoka and deal physical damage. Score an additional hit for each type of buff consumed. (Up to 11 hits), Can't be Evaded, 50% armor ignore (cd 3 - zeta)

Perseverance: Ahsoka is immune to damage over time effects. At the end of each turn, Ahsoka dispels all debuffs on her, and looses 14%-10% health for each debuff dispelled, and heals for 1%-5% for each buff on her. This damage cannot defeat ahsoka. 30% crit avoidance from somewhere

New Tarkin:

When Omegaed, Basic grants 50% potency, stacking until Ultimate Firepower is used.

Ultimate Firepower: Deal special damage to all enemies, with 100% chance to remove 50% TM. Gains Offense equal to double Tarkin's Potency.

Intimidation Tactics: Gain Potency Up for 1-3 turns, inflict critical chance down and offense down for 2-3 turns on all enemies. Cannot be resisted by rebels. Gain bonus TM for each debuffed enemy.

Tighten the Grip (Leader): Empire allies gain 30 speed. Inflict Defense Down for 2 turns on enemies that fall below 100% health during Empire allies' turns. This cannot be resisted.

Callous Conviction (Unique): Gains Defense equal to 100% of his Potency. Zeta: Gains 20% Potency per debuffed enemy.

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    1 1/2 hours. Can we get the cliff notes please?
    +1
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    There's also a Zeta on tighten the grip.
    Enemies will also be exposed when they fall below 100% health at the beginning of Empire ally turns.
  • Options
    Tarkin was already there. A rework doesn't mean delete the character and remake him completely. It means rework his stats or/and abilities so he can fit in the current state of the game. They can't just make a completely new ability.
  • Options
    I think the lesson to be learned here is probably to stay away from Rebels for a while, especially during another faction's "pass". It's time to stop slapping your players in the face
  • Options
    Heh, it just hit me: I don't think this thread went the direction the OP imagined when he opened it :)
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Clones get 1 zeta on Cody, Massive Raid Damage(I know 5s has a zeta, but isn't required for engine)
    First Order gets 4 zetas 1/2 massive raid damage, can beat many teams in arena, drops like a rock
    Sith get Maul Zeta, dominate Arena, along with DN w/zeta who is on most arena teams

Empire has zetas on Vader, Veers, Krennic, Deathtrooper, Tarkin and Stormtrooper.
    Vader Zeta is good, not great now that Pit was fixed. The rest amount to very little. Troopers have some raid potential but they can do about as much as first order at complete max with great mods.

All of the above mentioned factions besides sith, will be revisited and made even better before empire even gets consideration. Leaving one of the biggest factions in the game, standing there worthless.

I don't generally like to be overly critical of the developers, but when it comes to what happened with the empire pass, it's already the worst of the bunch.

Calm down a little.. The empire faction is one of the best factions. A lot of good toons in this game are empire.

Yes, they have kept their focus too much on rebels but imho empire has turned out to be some of the best in the game.

Time for a new faction pass now. Ewoks, nightsisters, separatists whatever.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse So, as far as ultimate fire power is concerned, is it a permenant offense gain based off of current potency? For instance, in haat p3, Tarkin basics twice, uses intimidation tactics, and then uses ultimate fire power. Also his unique is zeta'd. So 2(50%+50%+potency buff+140%(from unique)+66%(base)+30%(mods)) = at least 672% (dont know how much potency up is worth) offense gain for the rest of the encounter.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I'm wondering how she'll be animated. I hope she won't hit, come back, hit, come back ... 11 times. Otherwise, implement a x8. zBariss can make her come back too, if Ahsoka crits 11 times, it will reheal the toon she hits.

If R2D2 is any indication, now that we have 4x speed the animations are going to get longer so they look normal (not fast) at 4x.

Say what you want about ewok scout but at least he just shoots his bow and is done with it.

No Jedi tag I'm guessing?
  • Options
    Can we get a bounty hunter rework. Maybe make them suitable for the arena. If not the arena at least the raids.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Calm down a little.. The empire faction is one of the best factions. A lot of good toons in this game are empire.

Yes, they have kept their focus too much on rebels but imho empire has turned out to be some of the best in the game.

Time for a new faction pass now. Ewoks, nightsisters, separatists whatever.

Yeah after the pass empire became the fourth strongest faction after the rebels, sith and jedi which is indeed a great improvement from the situation before the pas when they were the fourth faction behind the rebels, sith and jedi. You know, I am all for ewoks, nightsisters, separatists whaterever passes and I hope they will improve those factions just as much as they improved empire. Still bad, but better than before. All except the Gamorrean that is, those can kick rocks.

The problem with the empire pass is that they only reworked the characters that **** really much and only made them at least decent(mostly)

So yea the empire pass was some kind of a failure but lets not forget that empire already have those greater toons like Shore, EP, vader, Krennic, DT, RG and TFP :)
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    Options
    In addition, Ahsoka is a "fan favorite", even if you don't care about her. Plus, we have no reason to assume this is the second "fan favorite" teased previously.

Did you even ask them this question while you had them?

• nulami
    99 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    I'm only going to say one thing in this thread, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) is not the fan favorite character for June that we talked about at Star Wars Celebration.

There is hope after all....
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, maybe they really meant to say that the Empire will rise to mediocrity.
    You nailed it!!! :D LOL

• Options
    I was so hyped for Rebels Ahsoka. There goes my happiness meter.
  • Options
    Let me put it this way. Besides Vader.

Name ONE empire toon you would zeta over Finn, QGJ, Cody, Maul, Any First Order, Yoda, Sidious, Nihilus, Savagae, Dooku, Rogue 1 rebels, Boba

The problem is, you won't put a zeta on Stormtrooper, Deathtrooper, Krennic, Veers, and now Tarkin.

None of those zetas are arena viable like Maul, Savage, Nihilus, Dooku, First Order, and none ofthem are raid viable to the likes of Finn, Cody, Sidious,

The Sith have what 5 zetas on what 7 total sith characters. Arena teams are running Sith teams with 4 zetas and dominating. The Empire zetas create no synergy. They now split the empire into empire and empire troopers. So those 2 subesections dont cross over. None of the other zetas gel at all. Deathtrooper is only good if you use krennic, Tarkin doesn't really do anything for his team, Veers only does troopers, Stormtrooper is a heavy zeta investment for a little bonus offense when he's the last man standing.

The Sith got incredible Zeta abilities on their pass, the empire got no zetas even worthy of arena. The empire has 14 characters, and not a single good zeta aside from Vader who already had one. First order got 4 zetas on 5 characters.

The empire faction pass as a whole brings no balance to this game. Sith and Rebels run rampant. The Empire can't beat them with the primitive tools they are given.

The devs need to revisit the Empire pass and do it right. Not everyone farmed rebels from the beginning. You need to cater to all of the player base that spends money, not just a few who farmed rebels.
  • Options
    The Empire users of this game deserve and apology.
  • Options
    The Empire users of this game deserve and apology.
    Every user besides Rebel users does
  • Options
    c3pe0n wrote: »
    just a point here....they said the empire will rise....they never said the empire will rise and become the new meta powerhouse. Also i do not believe the empire faction pass is over. There is still that fan favorite for june. It could be thrawn and think of this. He could be like hera except with leader abilities restricted to empire. Think of that

Thrawn lead ???
    Zader lead
    Palp lead
    tarkin lead
    Gar saxon

Even if thrawn didnt contribute to the leadership ability you would have all 5 toons combined for this leader ability:

Empire allies gain 50% counter chance, 40% defense, 30% offense, 30 speed, 32% potency and max health and gain 20% tm whenever they inflict a debuff in their turn, have a 50% chance to remove 20% tm whenever they dmg an enemy which cant be resisted, while vader is alive enemies regain dots, whenever an empire ally uses a basic attack they recover 5% health

that would be OP at its finest...

If they just gave Tarkin a cleanse ability I think devs could have avoided all this (deserved IMO) Empire pass criticism...
  • GrandMasterYoga
    26 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So they justified Ahsoka Fulcrum not having a jedi tag by saying she left the jedi order, well snap then why does Ezra or Luke for that matter have a jedi tag when the Jedi Order wasn't even existent anymore!? This is really disappointing and seems like a really poor excuse not to add a jedi tag on her.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    So they justified Ahsoka Fulcrum not having a jedi tag by saying she left the jedi order, well snap then why does Ezra or Luke for that matter have a jedi tag when the Jedi Order wasn't even existent anymore!? This is really disappointing and seems like a really poor excuse not to add a jedi tag on her.

She literally says "I'm no Jedi"
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »

That doesn't mean squat she just says that because she associates the jedi title with their practices or ways. It's like saying i'm not an Orthodox anymore because i don't like their practices or ways yet you still remain an Orthodox unless you change it. It's not like she went over to the Dark Side to become a sith, in fact she still fights for the light side which is one of the definitions of being a jedi.

Good=/=Jedi

And not everyone who isn't a Jedi is automatically evil. She is a force user. And she's a moral individual trying to help a cause. But she is no Jedi. And she probably is using both the light and the dark.

Kanan was actually knighted (albeit by a hallucination/vision) in Rebels, and is teaching Ezra the Jedi way (trying to at least). So the tag works for them. If I remember correctly Yoda practically gave Ezra his first lightsaber crystal.

Ahsoka on the other hand has left the Jedi order, and left the Jedi practices. She even felt uncomfortable going in the abandoned Jedi temple. Not a Jedi. But still one of my favorite characters in the SW universe.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

That doesn't mean squat she just says that because she associates the jedi title with their practices or ways. It's like saying i'm not an Orthodox anymore because i don't like their practices or ways yet you still remain an Orthodox unless you change it. It's not like she went over to the Dark Side to become a sith, in fact she still fights for the light side which is one of the definitions of being a jedi.

Good=/=Jedi

And not everyone who isn't a Jedi is automatically evil. She is a force user. And she's a moral individual trying to help a cause. But she is no Jedi. And she probably is using both the light and the dark.

Kanan was actually knighted (albeit by a hallucination/vision) in Rebels, and is teaching Ezra the Jedi way (trying to at least). So the tag works for them. If I remember correctly Yoda practically gave Ezra his first lightsaber crystal.

Ahsoka on the other hand has left the Jedi order, and left the Jedi practices. She even felt uncomfortable going in the abandoned Jedi temple. Not a Jedi. But still one of my favorite characters in the SW universe.

If you want to go by the book then Ezra following the teachings of Kanan doesn't make him a jedi either mainly because he is not part of the Jedi Order. Luke wasn't part of the Jedi Order either but he was trained by master Yoda and later on created a new Jedi Order. So what exactly makes someone a Jedi is it following the Jedi Code or being part of a Jedi Order or having a Jedi Trial?

The answer is perhaps relative and while it's true that Ahsoka left the Jedi Order and stopped following the Jedi Code (not entirely) she did pass her Jedi Trial and if you ask me she has more right to have a jedi tag in game then Ezra. Her younger self in the game still has a jedi tag on her and you could argue that it's because she didn't leave the Jedi Order yet but one could say that she already did so i don't see the issue.

In the game they have the liberty to change a few things and are not forced to keep things 100% as they are in cannon that's why for the sake of the game they could have easily give her a jedi tag as well.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I'd argue she was incorrect when she said that.

The order betrayed her trust and she wants to distance herself from them, sure. But she still was trained by Jedi and follows the same reformed Jedi belief that Luke, Obiwan, and Yoda do in the OT. She can deny it all all she wants, she's still a Jedi.

That's my point of view. You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.