Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Options
    Ahsoka...Yeah!!! Loved her in the movies. Doesn't matter though. Next OP toon will be beggars canyon womp-rat. Capable of taking out vader, luke, han, leia and rey on solo-auto.
  • UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    We've had enough. Phoenix, ISC/Gar, Imperial Troopers. For their price, they should at least be on par with a full r1 team (zJyn (L) Chaze K2/Cassian) and not dumpster fire that can't even win on offense VS triple cleanse/zMaul/zzDN etc. meta teams...

thoughts?
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm glad not every new release or rework are top tier characters. You don't have to buy/farm every single one of them.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Ahsoka...Yeah!!! Loved her in the movies. Doesn't matter though. Next OP toon will be beggars canyon womp-rat. Capable of taking out vader, luke, han, leia and rey on solo-auto.

And with a rebels tag and synergy with both Wiggs and Chaze off course.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    They aren't "trash bag" toons, they're just balanced, and aren't broken like the current meta toons. People need to under stand that if every new toon was a meta toon, the game would get really stale. For instance, Rey used to be the best of the best, now look where she is now that more powerful meta toons exist.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    I think the devs learned from Chirrut and Baze. These two are incredibly overpowered and to this day continue to dominate in many top-tier teams. I seriously hope that not a single new toon will be overpowered in the future! Instead, now I get the feeling, that they actually care about balance and fun toons that fit into a variety of combinations. Please continue this trend!
  • Options
    To the OP, how have you determined their garbage bag status? Do you have them all geared and modded? Have you played them extensively in arena and GW?

I personally don't have any of the new toons beyond 3*s because I'm strictly f2p. I heard Phoenix squad for the event but I've developed them as far as I can at this point and perhaps I'll develop them further down the line. I just don't see how it's possible to come to the conclusion you've arrived at without confirmation bias.
  • Options
    geared not heard
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    @Georgemi6 agree with most of your post. However Rey's Zeta should be reworked. She is THE dps in a resistance squad and she fails to deliver.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Concerning OP: ISC and Gar are really good.

They are not meta because FTP can't gear new toons and have already a big pipeline of other toons to improve. You would see a lot more diverse meta if farming was easier for FTP. We have so many possible viable (not not OP) teams on arena, however we know there is ONE really versatile team that can handle most team that is why nobody farms anything else.

Concerning Phoenix, I think Devs will reworked Hera lead to make it on par with Resistance synergy: everytime a Phoenix member uses a special, all of them should gain 20% TM.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    So they justified Ahsoka Fulcrum not having a jedi tag by saying she left the jedi order, well snap then why does Ezra or Luke for that matter have a jedi tag when the Jedi Order wasn't even existent anymore!? This is really disappointing and seems like a really poor excuse not to add a jedi tag on her.

She literally says "I'm no Jedi"

I'd argue she was incorrect when she said that.

The order betrayed her trust and she wants to distance herself from them, sure. But she still was trained by Jedi and follows the same reformed Jedi belief that Luke, Obiwan, and Yoda do in the OT. She can deny it all agree wants, she's still a Jedi.

That's my point of view. You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

So you're saying once a Jedi always a Jedi then? Not like it matters what any of us think. She's not a Jedi in the eyes of the devs just like ventress isn't a sith.

The devs don't get a say. Part of the issue with tags is that it's apparently a long drawn out process to get tags approved or changed. They get told what tags they are allowed to put on characters by the almighty mouse.

Her not being able to take advantage of any Jedi specific leadership ability is kinda of a let down to say the least.

It would be cool, but I was expecting it this way after she so adamantly, and repeatedly stated she isn't. The Jedi are effectively a religious order that she rejected. I think you're conflating a force user with a Jedi. She is still certainly a force user, and a grey one at that.

Ezra and Kanan are trying to live by the code of that order. Luke tried to rebuild that order. But Ahsoka left it. I could see an argument to be made either way, but the bottom line is that the people with creative control over SW cannon most likely made the decision that say she isn't.

And I for one look forward to episode 8 hopefully exploring the idea of old Luke seeing the force outside of a specific dogma as the Jedi do.

Technically she isn't but practically she still is in some small manner. She left the Jedi Order but she still follows the Jedi Code to some degree. These are the reasons i think the devs could have made an exception and add a jedi tag to her Fulcrum version as well.

I don't know if someone else made that decision for them or not but after listening to the podcast it seemed to me like they did indeed have a choice. Their response to why does she have only a rebel tag was because she left the Jedi Order which is why i'm stressing so much because Ezra was never a part of the Jedi Order yet he has the Jedi tag.

Kanan was in the order officially when it existed. He was a padawan, but eventually was knighted in a force vision in a Jedi temple. And he took Ezra as his apprentice. That's about as Jedi as you can possibly get once the order had been decimated.

Ahsoka left the order, and makes no further attempt to have anything to do with it. She is a good person, but that isn't the same as, "following the Jedi code to some degree." The Jedi don't hold a monopoly on the light side of the force, or doing good deeds.

It's interesting that in the same episode that Ahsoka feels uncomfortable at opening the Jedi temple Kanan is knighted in a force vision, and grandmaster Yoda speaks to Ezra through the force. Yoda says nothing to her, and no force vision asks her to come back. But she does feel Vader through the force.

Also in the same episode where she says, "I am no Jedi" there were some telling moments. That comment was promoted by her swearing revenge on Vader (not realizing it's Anakin yet), and Vader calling her on it. He says, "that is not the Jedi way." Both in word, and deed she wasn't a Jedi. And Maul knew it as well. He called Kanan and Ezra Jedi, but in the same breath he mockingly called her, "a part timer." Not an official label of her still being part Jedi, but more of a pejorative to get under her skin.

And as far as the devs part in it, it sounded to me that they were explaining the reason why the tag is the way it is, not making a definitive statement that it's their decision. Unless something drastic has changed that job is out of their hands. They have stated that recently, and specifically. But their job is defending that decision which is what it sounded like. Even though some who love Ahsoka like yourself will be cut to the heart by that.

Well then i guess Mace Windu stopped being a jedi too when he was about to strike Palpatine down in cold blood. So did Anakin when he fell in love with Padme leaving her pregnant. Both of them broke the Jedi Code right so the devs should remove their jedi tags.

Nah just kidding but the point is that even though she was no longer a Jedi because she left the order and stopped following the code for the sake of synergies / gameplay she could have still been in the game. I mean it's not like they would have committed a a major crime to the lore considering the fact that she was once a Jedi.

Maybe i don't know come up with a new tag which will allow her to benefit from all the Jedi leadership abilities because right now it really sucks that she doesn't. Same situation with Ventress she's not considered a sith but would work really great under a sith leadership if only she could benefit from it.

Just remembered that her younger self also has the nightsister tag simply because in the Star Wars The Clone Wars animated series she fought alongside Ventress. Judging by that i guess it shouldn't be a problem for her Fulcrum version to have a Jedi tag because in the Star Wars Rebels animated series she teams up with Jedis.

There problem solved! :smiley:

Mace is just another example that prove that the Jedi order was a hypocritical order with a broken philosophy that needed to go the way of the dinosaur. That's why they were always having to make convoluted exceptions to not kick people out when they were clearly doing things that violated the code. (Anakin very well may have been kicked out if his marriage came to light though)

They took children from families to turn them into warrior monks, because their practice was to brainwash them into ignoring their emotions. They believed this was the only way to keep them away from the dark side, and that the dark side was like an addictive drug that would completely consume anyone who used it. But people can't turn off their feelings, and because of this flawed thinking they were not equipping their students with the tools to deal with their feelings.

Mace clearly used the dark side, drawing on feelings of anger to fight to protect others, but not letting it control him. Luke did the same against his father. He beat him in a flurry of anger, then backed away. The point being a force user CAN draw on the dark side to do the right thing. The Jedi were doing a lot of good, but they were sending emotionally stunted human weapons into the world without teaching them how to deal with their feelings. So if they were completely overwhelmed by the darkness it was a result of this bad teaching. That's why Anakin fell.

And they had over time come to worry more about politics than the force. Qui-Gon preached listening to the force, but wasn't allowed on the counsel, because they had lost their way. He was going against the grain because he followed the will of the force even if their political decisions were at odds with him. They were too easily influenced by outside forces (other than THE force).

There are many examples of their flaws and hypocrisies, and all of these things led to the force allowing their order to be purged from the galaxy. I love many of the individual Jedi masters but as an order they needed to go. And Ahsoka took the full brunt of their sins. She was nearly executed on false charges, because they wouldn't stand up to an increasingly corrupt government. Then they made up some nonsense about it being the will of the force, and that it's her trial of knighthood. NO! They screwed up, and were so blind that they believed everything they did was the will of the force. It was a mistake that happened because they weren't listening to the force.

And I say all of that to say this. Ahsoka is a more significant character when she is NOT a Jedi. She is a shining example of their errors. She doesn't strictly use the light, but she's still a good person. She took a moral stand to reject the orders and even though a part of me is disappointed that she isn't, I think I would be annoyed if she was considered Jedi in game. She is the beginning of what I hope to see more of in episode 8. With Luke's comments in the trailer that the force is more than just light, and dark, and that the Jedi needed to end it seems he might be realizing what Ahsoka learned the hard way.

As far as in game, she sounds like a loner character who is plug and play with many squads. That fits well with her being basically a rogue samurai. A grey force user with no master. I love Ahsoka as a character, and it sounds like they got her just right. We'll see.
  • Options
    my thoughts?

leef said it best. you don't have to have every single one of them.
  • Options
    Who?
    Now that we know it won't be Thrawn....who's gonna be the fan favorite of june?
  • Options
    Stormtrooper Luke.
  • Options
    Jabba the hutt
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Jar Jar
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options
    gotta catch 'em all though
  • Options
    If you nerfed Chaze and the triple cleanse, literally all of these released toons could be used
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    If you nerfed Chaze and the triple cleanse, literally all of these released toons could be used

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Lately, i feel like it is outstanding advertising stage for cartoon character. I feel like adult who play kiddies game.
    :expressionless:
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Lately, i feel like it is outstanding advertising stage for cartoon character. I feel like adult who play kiddies game.
    :expressionless:

Well, it is Star Wars, owned by Disney, implemented on a mobile platform.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Only one I'd consider garbage is super commando and Saxon when he's not leading, and the only real problem with Phoenix is they're to reliant on one another
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn or Luke
  • Tulkas
    253 posts Member
    Options
    You guys crushed it with R2. Great move.

Adult ahsoka tho... aren't there enough LS characters? And clearly you gauged "fan favorite" slightly wrong (I'm being generous) as even devs noted that everyone was cheering for thrawn. So.

• Options
    She's not the fan favorite. Jeese said that she isn't the fan favorite for June on Twitter
  • Tulkas
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Then why release her with such pomp and frill?
  • Options
    HansSnah wrote: »
    I think the devs learned from Chirrut and Baze.

You're fooling yourself if you believe they didn't mean that.
    Banjolero wrote: »
    To the OP, how have you determined their garbage bag status? Do you have them all geared and modded? Have you played them extensively in arena and GW?

They are trash in the current meta. Maybe one day they'll be worth it, but the latest releases and updates are on par with the rest of the non-meta. The upcoming Tarkin rework is going to be a joke compared to the meta, too.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Only one I'd consider garbage is super commando and Saxon when he's not leading, and the only real problem with Phoenix is they're to reliant on one another

ZQJ, Zoda, Z2Z2, GK, and Ezra is a NASTY combo, with the right mods. Easy #1 on Offense on Dec leaderboards.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Tulkas wrote: »
    Then why release her with such pomp and frill?

That's the good question. And also that we are theoretically still in the Empire Pass, yet we get another LS toon. Moreover, a Rebel one. Why? :no_mouth:
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »

ZQJ, Zoda, Z2Z2, GK, and Ezra is a NASTY combo, with the right mods. Easy #1 on Offense on Dec leaderboards.

True - but that has as much to do with the 4 zetas and those characters strengths as it does Ezra. You could do the same with a maxed Aayla or even JKA in Ezra's spot.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*