Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Let' s not call the new toons,outside R2 and Ahsoka off course , thrash. Let just call them unplayable or barely playable in arena, not worth farming, gearing and leveling toons. Because what this game needs is more 3* g1 l1 toons in our roosters.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Let' s not call the new toons,outside R2 and Ahsoka off course , thrash. Let just call them unplayable or barely playable in arena, not worth farming, gearing and leveling toons. Because what this game needs is more 3* g1 l1 toons in our roosters.

Yeah you are right the last thing we need is more plebs using gear 11 three star toons thinking they can compete in arena ROFL.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Reading the description, Ahsoka is gonna be one of those annoying characters to verse... Wth is 11 consecutive​ attacks haha... she will be going back and forth so many times... Like dooku on steroids... :D
  • Options
    HansSnah wrote: »
    It's time for the dark side to rise. But, somehow, for every dark side character brought out, about 13 light side ones spring put of nowhere.

So sad & sickening if you ask me.

:neutral:

What are you talking about? In the last months, there were tons of DS character released along with multiple reworks! Think about the Sith and their arena infestation!

true, but, not enough.

and, even if they did do a dark side release & rework, the abilities are nothing compared to the chaze & wiggs syndrome w/c, btw, is also causing quite an infestation in the arena.

i am, however, very excited of the tarkin rework.

:smile:
  • Options
    @GrandMasterYoga - if they put a really strong rebel / light side leader in the game right now, something that is decidedly > Wedge or Jyn, etc. for rebels / LS comps than the game would likely be broken in arena. You'd have to use the exact same Chaze / GK / R2 + Rebel leader team or something very close to it, maybe chang
    I think the devs learned from Chirrut and Baze.

You're fooling yourself if you believe they didn't mean that.
    Banjolero wrote: »
    To the OP, how have you determined their garbage bag status? Do you have them all geared and modded? Have you played them extensively in arena and GW?

They are trash in the current meta. Maybe one day they'll be worth it, but the latest releases and updates are on par with the rest of the non-meta. The upcoming Tarkin rework is going to be a joke compared to the meta, too.

They surely intended Chaze, but I think it was underestimated the long-term impact. They've been clearly trying to balance / break Chaze with the Maul zeta and Sith / DS passes generally - DN I have no doubt was intended to be a Chaze / GK type counter. zKylo, the Savage zeta - all incredibly strong. They haven't been able to successfully walk Chaze back though with any of that. The opposite is happening - each strong release is forming a more difficult team with them in it.
  • VinhSolo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    I already have Tarkin at seven stars and abilities at around level 5-6. I can't wait to see what the devs are going to do with the Grand Moff.
  • Options
    VinhSolo wrote: »
    I already have Tarkin at seven stars and abilities at around level 5-6. I can't wait to see what the devs are going to do with the Grand Moff.

I recently maxed my Tarkin (including all gear 11 items), and I can't wait for his new kit.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    @GrandMasterYoga - if they put a really strong rebel / light side leader in the game right now, something that is decidedly > Wedge or Jyn, etc. for rebels / LS comps than the game would likely be broken in arena. You'd have to use the exact same Chaze / GK / R2 + Rebel leader team or something very close to it, maybe chang

To the OP, how have you determined their garbage bag status? Do you have them all geared and modded? Have you played them extensively in arena and GW?

They are trash in the current meta. Maybe one day they'll be worth it, but the latest releases and updates are on par with the rest of the non-meta. The upcoming Tarkin rework is going to be a joke compared to the meta, too.

They surely intended Chaze, but I think it was underestimated the long-term impact. They've been clearly trying to balance / break Chaze with the Maul zeta and Sith / DS passes generally - DN I have no doubt was intended to be a Chaze / GK type counter. zKylo, the Savage zeta - all incredibly strong. They haven't been able to successfully walk Chaze back though with any of that. The opposite is happening - each strong release is forming a more difficult team with them in it.

100% agree. Since the only real synergy that matters to Chaze is each other, they are plug and play in virtually any team.

They should do what your recommended in another thread - like they did with droids. With droids, they started introducing toons/abilities that either cleansed the debuffs, boosted tenactiy, provided crit immunity or gave benefits when being crit (see Yoda, Zeta Barris, GK, Shoretrooper, and Chaze themselves). Rex already existed in this form, but they made him f2p.

The same could very easily be done with Chaze (again, as you mentioned in a previous thread). Not a nerf, per se, but a series of abilities, Zetas and characters that somehow counteract the Chaze synergies.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Just saw it was a marquee event release. #depressing

She'll be 3* for at least 2 months, then they'll drop her on a hard node... :(
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Video on Fulcrum Ahsoka from AhnaldT101 is great. She is really strong. Animation is very good. Another good OP rebel :smile:
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Video on Fulcrum Ahsoka from AhnaldT101 is great. She is really strong. Animation is very good. Another good OP rebel :smile:

Yeah, they really like to dump on non rebel fans, especially DS ones. I can wait to read how balanced a team with her Chaze and GW really is. That is if I would play this ... anymore.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Great. :( She should bring balance to OP Chaze....oh...wait...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Never said she would bring balance, but the toon itself is great. There is more and more OP toons like that since it's money maker.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Never said she would bring balance, but the toon itself is great. There is more and more OP toons like that since it's money maker.

I think you missed my point. There are several other threads discussing the Chaze has been over-tuned - and the recent release of R2 has only made that issue worse. The new version of Ahsoka seems, at this point, to only continue down that "Rebels must dominate arena" path. So much for dark side rising or Empire or anything other than Rebels.

At least in the game's past, when a faction seemed to be getting too powerful, there were new heroes and abilities introduced that shifted the power away from that faction. Unfortunately it seems as though the developers have a blindspot for that type of situation if it involves Rebels. Chaze has been part of the meta since their release (to whomever had them).

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I think you missed my point. There are several other threads discussing the Chaze has been over-tuned - and the recent release of R2 has only made that issue worse. The new version of Ahsoka seems, at this point, to only continue down that "Rebels must dominate arena" path. So much for dark side rising or Empire or anything other than Rebels.

At least in the game's past, when a faction seemed to be getting too powerful, there were new heroes and abilities introduced that shifted the power away from that faction. Unfortunately it seems as though the developers have a blindspot for that type of situation if it involves Rebels. Chaze has been part of the meta since their release (to whomever had them).

Yoûre right. I missed your point :smile: Not a native English speaker.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options

100% agree. Since the only real synergy that matters to Chaze is each other, they are plug and play in virtually any team.

They should do what your recommended in another thread - like they did with droids. With droids, they started introducing toons/abilities that either cleansed the debuffs, boosted tenactiy, provided crit immunity or gave benefits when being crit (see Yoda, Zeta Barris, GK, Shoretrooper, and Chaze themselves). Rex already existed in this form, but they made him f2p.

The same could very easily be done with Chaze (again, as you mentioned in a previous thread). Not a nerf, per se, but a series of abilities, Zetas and characters that somehow counteract the Chaze synergies.

I think you missed JSA's point. What you're advocating is exactly what he's saying they tried to do, to rein them in because it's always worked in the past. But instead of Kenobi and Nihilus creating a counter it just created teams with Kenobi and Nihilus... and Chaze.
    They haven't been able to successfully walk Chaze back though with any of that. The opposite is happening - each strong release is forming a more difficult team with them in it.

If an adjustment to chaze is gonna come to make them less plug 'n play, it needs to be something like what another user mentioned in that other thread and make it to where some of the uniques only get shared in Rebel teams or under Jyn lead or something.
  • Options
    Any word on what faction will be required to unlock her?
  • Options
    Seltgar wrote: »
    So let's get something straight. The "empire pass" actually meant release 2 rebels better than anything being done for the empire? Instead of Thrawn we get Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando who are utter garbage, the imperial trooper rework was okay but not great, a HORRIBLE rework for Tarkin that wouldn't make him viable if there were only 5 toons in the game, and 2 rebel toons that are insanely good (both of whom got never before seen move types)... What a complete slap to the face of anyone who enjoys the dark side because they aren't a 5 year old watching a poorly made cartoon. When can we get away from the "push rebels to drive sales" approach to character releases? I know I'm not speaking for myself when I feel like this "empire faction pass" was a let down. To put it into perspective how insulting/infuriating this is, this is the first thing in the history of this game that ever made me consider quitting and I've played since about a week or so after launch.

+1

+1, -1 on the playing one week after launch and consider quitting. But everything else, well said.
  • Options

Where have you been the last 2 or 3 months? I had Wiggs-less/Chaze-less rebels around December and got pushed out by Empire and Zader. Only a few Wiggs/Chaze teams survived. Then came zMaul and those few Wiggs/Chaze went bye-bye. Now it's Rex/Chaze/GK/Who Cares all over being hard countered by a super fast Sith Assasin under Zader. So Chaze, sure, "Rebels" nope. And zMaul and Zader are still a thing.

Complaining about the lack of non-rebel teams now? That's absurd. It's 2017, man, lol.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Where have you been the last 2 or 3 months? I had Wiggs-less/Chaze-less rebels around December and got pushed out by Empire and Zader. Only a few Wiggs/Chaze teams survived. Then came zMaul and those few Wiggs/Chaze went bye-bye. Now it's Rex/Chaze/GK/Who Cares all over being hard countered by a super fast Sith Assasin under Zader. So Chaze, sure, "Rebels" nope. And zMaul and Zader are still a thing.

Complaining about the lack of non-rebel teams now? That's absurd. It's 2017, man, lol.

I play on a November 2015 arena shard and finish at #1 consistently. I can assure you that Chaze has been strongly represented in the top 10 virtually since they arrived on the scene. Most top end arena teams either have Chaze - or have had to build to counter them - again, since they were first released. I'm not talking about Wiggs. I'm talking about Chaze. Chaze has never left - not "real" Chaze (i.e. fully geared, 7* versions).

The addition of R2 and now possibly another strong Rebel will only extend that problem.

• Options
    @Nikoms565, I just got confused by the "Rebels must dominate the arena" because I wouldn't have disagreed with "Chaze must dominate the arena." Yeah, they are rebels, but a Rex team isn't a "rebel" team, and throwing Chaze into any other comp doesn't make it "rebel."

Plenty of dark side awesomeness out there.
  • Options
    Fulcrum ashoka isn't the June character, so from my perspective if they don't screw it up and release another plug and play dominate rebel, but instead release a just as powerful dark side character except different abilities, like a unique enemy buff counter type of character/cleanser, then everything will still be as balanced as it is now.

This special release character that we still don't know for sure about makes or breaks this ashoka release imo, it's either going to be nerf chaze/ashoka everywhere when whales start using her without a true counter other then the same crap we have now that remains incredibly specific, or its going to be a power creep, but a balanced power creep.

They can't screw up this may 25 release, they just can't. . . .
  • Options
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Fulcrum ashoka isn't the June character, so from my perspective if they don't screw it up and release another plug and play dominate rebel, but instead release a just as powerful dark side character except different abilities, like a unique enemy buff counter type of character/cleanser, then everything will still be as balanced as it is now.

This special release character that we still don't know for sure about makes or breaks this ashoka release imo, it's either going to be nerf chaze/ashoka everywhere when whales start using her without a true counter other then the same **** we have now that remains incredibly specific, or its going to be a power creep, but a balanced power creep.

Ahsoka is the one released on 25. The mystery toon will be released in June.
  • Options

This special release character that we still don't know for sure about makes or breaks this ashoka release imo, it's either going to be nerf chaze/ashoka everywhere when whales start using her without a true counter other then the same **** we have now that remains incredibly specific, or its going to be a power creep, but a balanced power creep.

My bad then I read that wrong, same thing though, since she won't be appearing really for awhile in arena, it gives the June release time to counter this rebel meta push. If it's not a direct counter to this, then there will be flipping everywhere.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    @Nikoms565, I just got confused by the "Rebels must dominate the arena" because I wouldn't have disagreed with "Chaze must dominate the arena." Yeah, they are rebels, but a Rex team isn't a "rebel" team, and throwing Chaze into any other comp doesn't make it "rebel."

As good as chaze are they shouldn't have any tags at all!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

As good as chaze are they shouldn't have any tags at all!

"Tags?!? We don't need no stinking tags!!.

Kq6WmM.gif

• Options

My bad then I read that wrong, same thing though, since she won't be appearing really for awhile in arena, it gives the June release time to counter this rebel meta push. If it's not a direct counter to this, then there will be flipping everywhere.

If the June toon isn't a direct counter than I would not care anymore and will be finally be free of this game. I just realised that a part of really wishes what I feared until now, that the devs have really just used the empire pass as a smoke screen so they can sneak another OP rebel without to much of a public uproar.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options

If the June toon isn't a direct counter than I would not care anymore and will be finally be free of this game. I just realised that a part of really wishes what I feared until now, that the devs have really just used the empire pass as a smoke screen so they can sneak another OP rebel without to much of a public uproar.

So dramatic.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »

So dramatic.

One of you needs to change your avatar. For a second I thought you were schizophrenic and answered yourself.

• Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »

So dramatic.

One of you needs to change your avatar. For a second I thought you were schizophrenic and answered yourself.

In one of the threads he was crying on he mentioned that he was going to be the one to change his avatar. I haven't seen any changes since then :disappointed: