Tarkin is going to balance Rex lead.

Prev1345678
Olddumper
3000 posts Member
Tarkin lead DT Krennic DN and GK really beat up triple cleanse teams.

Triple cleanse teams are slow so by the time they get their cooldowns back Rex is dead and DN is ready to go. I imagine faster teams, like zaul or R-2 could really cause problems though.

Replies

• JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Since R2 hit my shard, really the day after R2 was released - the classic triple cleanse squad users have mostly disappeared except for one - it's very vulnerable on D to a basic DN squad since it is plodding and lower damage. Chaze + R2 + GK + DN or Wedge or Jyn as a leader has no particular weaknesses and is holding better for those players. That's the test for me I want to evaluate when looking at the most elite squads. I currently run, with high success, zDV, EP, SiT, SA, and DN vs. these teams...I was actually thinking - maybe a bit more risky idk - that I could go full offensive attack mode and pull SiT and with the O down for 3 rounds and TM reduction as well (I can lock down the dispels pretty well with the TM yank, AB, stun, and CD reduction of this team) I could likely survive without the taunting tank and attack more effectively. Working on Tarkin now and want to try it in a bit. If you get a chance to run tests vs. comps of that nature I'd be interested to see your results. I'm building Tarkin anyway for raid purposes, but hopeful he can provide an option in arena as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    not sure about this, Zaul is pretty fast why would Tarkin bring that?

can you expand on your idea?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Since R2 hit my shard, really the day after R2 was released - the classic triple cleanse squad users have mostly disappeared except for one - it's very vulnerable on D to a basic DN squad since it is plodding and lower damage. Chaze + R2 + GK + DN or Wedge or Jyn as a leader has no particular weaknesses and is holding better for those players. That's the test for me I want to evaluate when looking at the most elite squads. I currently run, with high success, zDV, EP, SiT, SA, and DN vs. these teams...I was actually thinking - maybe a bit more risky idk - that I could go full offensive attack mode and pull SiT and with the O down for 3 rounds and TM reduction as well (I can lock down the dispels pretty well with the TM yank, AB, stun, and CD reduction of this team) I could likely survive without the taunting tank and attack more effectively. Working on Tarkin now and want to try it in a bit. If you get a chance to run tests vs. comps of that nature I'd be interested to see your results. I'm building Tarkin anyway for raid purposes, but hopeful he can provide an option in arena as well.

The current comp I face like that stomps me but the ground isn't very even.

My best mod set is 110 speed vs His 125 so his r-2 goes 1st. Also my DT isn't zeta'd and here is the real kicker, my Krennic is 4* g9. He has over 100 7* toons and most everything is maxed.

I think if you can get DT faster you will again just romp. If you can get Tarkin fast enough you are set on offense too. That give you an extra 12 speed I think.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

DT is a gaurentee to put cooldowns up on the 1st move and that means DN is always clear to push cooldowns to 2. Krennic and Tarkin bring the TMR too so it feels more like 3 or more turns of cool down increase. By that time Rex is likely gone because he I so squishy. That takes away all of the tenacity up for the whole match.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

My best mod set is 110 speed vs His 125 so his r-2 goes 1st. Also my DT isn't zeta'd and here is the real kicker, my Krennic is 4* g9. He has over 100 7* toons and most everything is maxed.

I think if you can get DT faster you will again just romp. If you can get Tarkin fast enough you are set on offense too. That give you an extra 12 speed I think.

So the key is getting DT to go first on your team - or at least after Tarkin? That sounds nice - I would even look at trying EP - a super fast EP? Scary stuff locking down a bunch of shocks early on.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options

So the key is getting DT to go first on your team - or at least after Tarkin? That sounds nice - I would even look at trying EP - a super fast EP? Scary stuff locking down a bunch of shocks early on.

The key is to have either DT or Tarkin fastest. On defense Tarkin would use intimidation tactics 1st. So you really want DT to go 1st. But if you don't have the mods on offense you can kind of fudge it with Tarkin and start with his AOE. Tarkin is about 12 speed faster than DT.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options

EP can get faster under zaul so that is nothing new. His stuns aren't a 100 percent thing like cooldown increase.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    My team
    DT Tarkin Krennic DN and GK took 3rd today only using 3 battles. I wasn't on for 4 hours before payout. Some collusion may have helped me though.
  • Options

EP can get faster under zaul so that is nothing new. His stuns aren't a 100 percent thing like cooldown increase.

No, but it can really help if you time it in that 3rd round as they are coming off the CD yank- plus the shocked enemies are like 100% stun. He could bridge you to the time by when DN is able to use his CD move again.
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options
    Who do you have zeta'd in that team? I am interested in running a similar team comp and wondering to to zeta first, thinking DT
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options

No, but it can really help if you time it in that 3rd round as they are coming off the CD yank- plus the shocked enemies are like 100% stun. He could bridge you to the time by when DN is able to use his CD move again.

Yeah I have considered that. The reason I like Gk is because on offense I can use his group hug to get rid of Rex. Also his cleanse and retribution really help Tarkin and DN. oOnce I beef up Krennic I was going to try EP, Zader and zaul as 5ths. Eventually I think Ahsoka may slot in well there.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    DeeRod12 wrote: »
    Who do you have zeta'd in that team? I am interested in running a similar team comp and wondering to to zeta first, thinking DT

I would zeta DT 1st and then either DN or Tarkin. Probably DN but neither of them really need it.
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options
    DeeRod12 wrote: »

I would zeta DT 1st and then either DN or Tarkin. Probably DN but neither of them really need it.

Alright cool, thank you sir
  • Skykraker
    120 posts Member
    Options
    How in the world do u get by the constant taunts of GK and Baze to kill Rex first?
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options
    Skykraker wrote: »
    How in the world do u get by the constant taunts of GK and Baze to kill Rex first?

DT aoe dispel + dn dispel and use gk's assist call on Rex boom DT instakill ready
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

DT is a gaurentee to put cooldowns up on the 1st move and that means DN is always clear to push cooldowns to 2. Krennic and Tarkin bring the TMR too so it feels more like 3 or more turns of cool down increase. By that time Rex is likely gone because he I so squishy. That takes away all of the tenacity up for the whole match.

nice, seems like a solid combo. I look forward to facing it. Will suck if they end up putting tenacity check on CD increase, but with the right speed on this team you will still be ok.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Tested Tarkin today to beat Rex squads and was unbelievably easy . Tarkin lead fast Dt Gk Dn Zarris . By the time Rex gets tenacity up the my dn is already well ahead for the first annililate. Won all standing plus was getting 30k plus aoes from Tarkin my best being 35k but really by the time you use that the match is already decided . That same comp beat wiggs chaze r2 comps with ease. I haven't tested zaul yet pretty sure we all know how that will go lol. In a shard full of mostly Rex leads it's pretty nice. I think a Zeta Tarkin lead maybe way to go against fulcrum ahsoka too. D down and expose to cleanse along with his o down and crit down that's 1/4 the way right there to killing her.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Skykraker wrote: »

Nihilus basic attack?

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    Tested Tarkin today to beat Rex squads and was unbelievably easy . Tarkin lead fast Dt Gk Dn Zarris . By the time Rex gets tenacity up the my dn is already well ahead for the first annililate. Won all standing plus was getting 30k plus aoes from Tarkin my best being 35k but really by the time you use that the match is already decided . That same comp beat wiggs chaze r2 comps with ease. I haven't tested zaul yet pretty sure we all know how that will go lol. In a shard full of mostly Rex leads it's pretty nice. I think a Zeta Tarkin lead maybe way to go against fulcrum ahsoka too. D down and expose to cleanse along with his o down and crit down that's 1/4 the way right there to killing her.

After running my maxed Zarris in that spot I think my g9 4* Krennic was just as good or better lol. Pushed him up to g10 with the guns from the event today. He will only get better.
  • Options
    Tarkin needs GK. Retrubtuion + Tarkin's basic stacking = massive damage
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin needs GK. Retrubtuion + Tarkin's basic stacking = massive damage

Yeah gk does so many things. DN DK DT and Tarkin all have great basics and he really puts them on display.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    He'll get by...

With a little help from his friends ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HPGUjjW8k6g
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    He'll get by...

That's pretty impressive but clearly your mods were leaps and bounds above his.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    He'll get by...

That's pretty impressive but clearly your mods were leaps and bounds above his.

Perhaps... but it's a great "steamroll" team

Once they get rolling it's all over for the other team...

• Options
    Here's a tarkin non zeta lead. In order to make it work against this well modded triple cleanse squad was taking advantage of the speed lead by adding more speed with speed mods allowing DT to go before 240+ speed chirrut/Rex.
    https://youtu.be/KA2h8Fydi4g
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Oblivion_1 wrote: »
    Here's a tarkin non zeta lead. In order to make it work against this well modded triple cleanse squad was taking advantage of the speed lead by adding more speed with speed mods allowing DT to go before 240+ speed chirrut/Rex.
    https://youtu.be/KA2h8Fydi4g

This is much more realistic of what the average player would have.
  • Options

Triple cleanse teams are slow so by the time they get their cooldowns back Rex is dead and DN is ready to go. I imagine faster teams, like zaul or R-2 could really cause problems though.

I don't think you can speak of balance when you're using GK yourself. ^ ^
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin lead SUCKS against zMaul though.

I don't have GK which hurts but with Tarkin lead I dropped to 44 overnight.

I haven't dropped like that since running a full Bounty Hunter squad!

If I put Tarkin in lead for a specific battle, I HAVE to put Zader right back in or I am toast.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

I don't think you can speak of balance when you're using GK yourself. ^ ^

Of course it's balanced when you're facing a bunch of Chaze.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin lead SUCKS against zMaul though.

I don't have GK which hurts but with Tarkin lead I dropped to 44 overnight.

I haven't dropped like that since running a full Bounty Hunter squad!

If I put Tarkin in lead for a specific battle, I HAVE to put Zader right back in or I am toast.

My shard has never really had any maul on it. I'm actually faster than the ones left because they don't have SA. Regardless the offense down does a lot to take off pressure vs those zaul teams.