Shard Shop is useless as intended.

Replies

• Options
    Has anyone seen any chromium exclusive characters in the shard shop at all? Not like it matters getting "2" randomly a day.
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Funny thing is, I agree with your complaint. But think you would get further with constructive feedback as opposed to what looks like severe whining to those reading.

From where I sit he made valid points and made them reasonably.
    Remember, this feature was put in specifically to target whales. If they are not satisfied with it, then there's likely a problem.

It's not his complaint as much as his self entitlement that is mixed in. It's random lol. Not randomly beneficial to him. It rotates. It will be ok. He bought all those toons and now he has limited options. It happens. He still has the currency to get the new toons and I get that it sucks to have choices he has already 7*ed....again it's random.

Seriously. It's not even been a day...a half a day and this guy is ready to off his wife and invest the insurance in destroying the galaxy.

I sense great anger in this one.

Jeez guy, thanks for attributing a bunch of things to me based off a limited amount of text posted on a forum board.
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Options
    I agree with the OP this is outrageous, lets scrap the shard shop completely. They look better covered in dust. Kappa
  • Options
    total junk - why should i trade pay only shards for teebo... i suggested in a thread early to keep like shards together to prevent the outrage..... well ea, your ftp forum talkers are happy... a bunch of whales just walked away.... hope it doesn't hurt your paycheck
  • Findec
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Has anyone seen any chromium exclusive characters in the shard shop at all? Not like it matters getting "2" randomly a day.

DId noone read my comment?
    Findec wrote: »
    I brought this up on reddit. A dev responded and said. "I can't speak to that, yet. But suffice to say, the exclusive character won't take as long to acquire."

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's not his complaint as much as his self entitlement that is mixed in. It's random lol. Not randomly beneficial to him. It rotates. It will be ok. He bought all those toons and now he has limited options. It happens. He still has the currency to get the new toons and I get that it sucks to have choices he has already 7*ed....again it's random.
    Sorry, but I think you've missed something important here. This shop was specifically implemented at the request of whales with large quantities of excess shards. I remember the discussions and I can dig up the posts from CG/EA if you really want me to.
    Given that, it should do a reasonable job of catering to these individuals. It's not "entitlement", he's not asking for anything for free. They are already getting only 1/10th the shards that they purchased. I think asking not to be offered items they cannot use -- especially when there are only six options -- is entirely reasonable.
    It is also important for CG/EA to get this feedback. Part of the reason for providing a use for excess shards is to make whales feel like it makes sense for them to buy more chromium packs. If the shard shop isn't filling that role, then both the customers and the company lose out.
    (For the record, I have a grand total of 4 excess shards above 7*... and at that exchange rate, no plans to get any more on purpose.)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    barstool wrote: »
    total junk - why should i trade pay only shards for teebo... i suggested in a thread early to keep like shards together to prevent the outrage..... well ea, your ftp forum talkers are happy... a bunch of whales just walked away.... hope it doesn't hurt your paycheck

Hey man. You have a right to be unhappy with it. I disagree that thinking you would ever be able to use useless shards is a neceessity, but I wanted it almost as much as you wanted. Chromiums were always gambling and now they gave us away to mitigate losses, but a loss to RNG is a loss nevertheless
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »
    For those who don't understand the OP, try to see it from another perspective. The OP has 26 chars at 7*. Some other posters have shown double than that. It's perfectly possible for some players that all the options they get in the shop are useless for them, as they already have all of them at 7*

I guess that the shop is decided server side, and it's the same for everybody, to avoid hacking the client for the perfect shards and such. But if this was implemented as a way to give an use to extra shards for really heavy spenders, it has failied its mission. Might work for some of the lighter whales, and I suppose some dolphins can use it. But real leviathans will have no use for this, and they will be adding tokens faster than they can spend them. Unless the purpose of CG is to force those players to not spend anymore in the game (which I doubt), this offers no help for them

In order to keep up with the amount of money the real leviathans can spend on these games the Devs would have to devote 100% of their resources into introducing new IAP on a daily basis. This would ultimately destroy the game. Leviathans and whales need to understand that a drawback to purchasing everything in a short period of time means longer periods with nothing else to purchase. The benefit is everything that's been discussed to death in other threads.

Like I said, I'm 10000% OK with getting 12 random shards in a day...as long as it's for a character that isn't 7*.

I get that. I absolutely agree they should be filtered out.
    Funny thing is, I agree with your complaint. But think you would get further with constructive feedback as opposed to what looks like severe whining to those reading.

Remember, this feature was put in specifically to target whales. If they are not satisfied with it, then there's likely a problem.

Seriously. It's not even been a day...a half a day and this guy is ready to off his wife and invest the insurance in destroying the galaxy.

Jeez guy, thanks for attributing a bunch of things to me based off a limited amount of text posted on a forum board.

Yea I never understood the assigning of another persons emotions on the forums a vast majority of the time.
    [Moderator Note: Edited to match moderated comment]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Options

Trolling? You don't even know him, let alone his wife and insurance, lol. His lunch could cost more than your entire monthly salary, so what? It's not what we are discussing about.

Beside that, you can't complain about a product that you have paid for? You can only complain about it if you are F2P? ROFLMO.

Anyway, the shard shop is not too bad. At least, it does not create more problems (yet).
  • Options
    Sorry, but I think you've missed something important here. This shop was specifically implemented at the request of whales with large quantities of excess shards. I remember the discussions and I can dig up the posts from CG/EA if you really want me to.
    Given that, it should do a reasonable job of catering to these individuals. It's not "entitlement", he's not asking for anything for free. They are already getting only 1/10th the shards that they purchased. I think asking not to be offered items they cannot use -- especially when there are only six options -- is entirely reasonable.
    It is also important for CG/EA to get this feedback. Part of the reason for providing a use for excess shards is to make whales feel like it makes sense for them to buy more chromium packs. If the shard shop isn't filling that role, then both the customers and the company lose out.
    (For the record, I have a grand total of 4 excess shards above 7*... and at that exchange rate, no plans to get any more on purpose.)

Right. I get that part. But he is raging over his selection as well. It's random....not random except blah blah. They gave him something to spend on. He just doesn't like it if he had 3 Vader nodes would that have been as horrific? I can't help it he bought all those extra shards. What is it exactly he wants? Cherry pick his choices, no refresh timer and a free 7* for every purchase lol.

It's random. Some days will be better than others. One guy had two dathcha nodes. So maybe it's old Ben or Vader with a second node some days. Maybe they add a refresh. Give it a few minutes before you rage. And seriously. Refund threats? Oh noes..... Now if he has everyone except 5 toons....of course it's hard to get just those 5! Lol. He has everything else. Instead of refund raging...how about offer something useful? Hey this is my issue. This would fix it and be reasonable. Or just beat your hands and feet on the floor and scream refund.....that seems legit.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's ACTUALLY worse than I'd expected, and I'm shocked that was even possible. This is unbearably bad.

If I bought every shard available in the store every day it'd take me about five months to spend it all. And I won't because all of the characters and ones I have at 7* already.

edit language and last comment
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    davida8546 wrote: »

Trolling? You don't even know him, let alone his wife and insurance, lol. His lunch could cost more than your entire monthly salary, so what? It's not what we are discussing about.

Beside that, you can't complain about a product that you have paid for? You can only complain about it if you are F2P? ROFLMO.

Anyway, the shard shop is not too bad. At least, it does not create more problems (yet).

The wife and insurance was a joke. Keep up. Unless you think i believe he has the means to truly destroy the galaxy. I don't know that it is a "he" at all. Do you? Could be the guy in the pic. Could be a Hutt for all I know lol. Don't care what he has spent or makes or any of that. Nothing I've said has to do with that.

My point was two fold. One, it isn't even the full release yet. It's been 5 minutes. Second, he still has an outlet to spend them and access and means to acquire them faster than f2p as well. I'm sorry if anyone felt I was picking on him. I would love to hear the "solution " to this issue that keeps balance and somewhat of a fairness to everyone else.
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

DId noone read my comment?
    I brought this up on reddit. A dev responded and said. "I can't speak to that, yet. But suffice to say, the exclusive character won't take as long to acquire."
    Did you read mine? not shard shop exclusive, I was talking about chromium characters one of the eight. Want to confirm if it is possible to purchase in shard shop.
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    It's ACTUALLY worse than I'd expected, and I'm shocked that was even possible. This is unbearably bad.

If I bought every shard available in the store every day it'd take me about five months to spend it all. And I won't because all of the characters are crap and ones I have at 7* already.

Seriously CG? This is seriously the best you could do? Do you even try?

You could continue to not spend your extra shards.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's random. Some days will be better than others.

The problem is that as it is designed now, the more characters you have, the less likely you are to be offered anything you can use. Which means that this feature, which was put in for whales with lots of excess shards, is increasingly less useful the more money you have spent.
    Do you really think that makes sense?
    Now maybe things will change with the new character, but as they stand now, I don't blame people who have spent thousands of dollars for being disappointed.
    If it was the same for everyone each day, I could sort of understand. But it's random for each individual. Excluding shards for 7* characters for the individual is not difficult.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Pics explain it all. I have 26 characters at 7*.

Although I suppose it's my fault for thinking you weren't going to transform my extra shards into completely useless currency, that I would never really see any use out of.

So when do you announce you're adding an additional star? 2 weeks?

myshards.png

lolwut.png

Before someone calls me a whiner, explain the logic of converting my excess 7* shards to currency... and then offering to sell me those same shards at a 10:1 ratio.

You spent thousands on a mobile game... what did you expect?
    This is less for more, as always
  • Options
    It's random. Some days will be better than others.

The problem is that as it is designed now, the more characters you have, the less likely you are to be offered anything you can use. Which means that this feature, which was put in for whales with lots of excess shards, is increasingly less useful the more money you have spent.
    Do you really think that makes sense?

Being random? Absolutely. If I have 99% of the characters and I'm chasing that final one....it should be handed over? Whatever he needs will roll around. I agree it takes too long to refresh. Whales and f2p alike don't want to wait 7 months to farm a toon from there. The fact you have to 7* the toon and waste those resources before you can trade shards is ridiculous to me. It has several issues in my opinion, but the selection choices so far is not one of those issues.
  • Options
    A benifit to having a hero at 7* should be that the hero will not appear in the shard shop for you. So to get closer to a hero you actually want, the randomly chosen heroes in the shard shop for you should filter out all of your 7* heroes before drawing the daily shop list.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    I'd suggest waiting and watching how the exclusive toon shapes up. Rate of acquisition etc.

@Aluxendr, relax. You're one of the better guys here on the forum. Just wait and watch.
  • Options
    I dont think that GW, catina, arena chars should be in the shard shop. Noone would exhange 10 extra shards for 1 shard of these chars. It is a huge waste. Not sure what they were thinking.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    KAULI wrote: »
    Pics explain it all. I have 26 characters at 7*.

Although I suppose it's my fault for thinking you weren't going to transform my extra shards into completely useless currency, that I would never really see any use out of.

So when do you announce you're adding an additional star? 2 weeks?

myshards.png

lolwut.png

Before someone calls me a whiner, explain the logic of converting my excess 7* shards to currency... and then offering to sell me those same shards at a 10:1 ratio.

You spent thousands on a mobile game... what did you expect?
    This is less for more, as always

It's like going and spending a million dollars in a game that cost 200 and the wondering where the return on investment went. Sorry maybe they made things pricey to actually KEEP the game balanced not to make you mortgage your house.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly think that even offering the opportunity to buy back your shards at 10:1 ratio is... Well to be frank, it's not very nice. It's uncivil and not very thoughtful.

People can make mistakes. Some icons are very similar to others. Hoth Rebel Scout and Hoth Rebel soldier for instance. To quote the old engineering saying, if you design it so it can go wrong, then sooner or later it will go wrong.

Also, it is just plain annoying to see your own shards offered back to you at a 10:1 ratio. Even though you aren't going to buy them, it's a symbolic gesture that doesn't sit well with me at all. And it's entirely unnecessary.

Maybe this is just something that annoys big spenders more than people who haven't bought as many chromium packs? I for one can very much relate to OP.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    It's like going and spending a million dollars in a game that cost 200 and the wondering where the return on investment went. Sorry maybe they made things pricey to actually KEEP the game balanced not to make you mortgage your house.

Making things pricey does not keep the game balanced. You can make a free and balanced game, it s just that you need food to develope games. And it s not like whales dont have almost every chars at 7*. Devs create imbalance to milk $ from whales. Not whales create imbalance (lol in a sense whales have influence).
  • Options
    Yup

it's much worse then I thought, and I thought it would be pretty bad.

10/1 ratio... lol

• Options
    How many shards can you purchase at one time of the exclusive character?
  • Options
    I mentioned this before and this shop is basically a f2p feature. If you brought all your shards there is no reason to use the shop. ps. May I know what you do for a living OP?

**** out
  • Options
    Well, May be I came from far moreeeee greeder game where they have something like this but.....
    1. The trading rate is 50:1, full very rare character : 1 full very rare character
    2. The character were refresh every week. but you got full character
    3. Oh, each refresh give you only 1 very rare character.

So...yep!. I'm quite happy with this shop.
  • Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    I mentioned this before and this shop is basically a f2p feature. If you brought all your shards there is no reason to use the shop. ps. May I know what you do for a living OP?

**** out

I run a business called Nuns Yeah!

And if you think that shop is tailored towards F2P, you must have about a 10-year plan for obtaining one 4 star character.
  • Options

And if you think that shop is tailored towards F2P, you must have about a 10-year plan for obtaining one 4 star character.
    Well its a good motivating plan and hopefully never look back on it. Just move forward and unlock the character the regular way.
    Speaking of unlocking, I heard they changed the drop rate to 10% or less. I can confirm it because I only got 2 ki ren shards after using 15 or so tickets. I'm stuck at 75/80.

• Options
    Ffs I can honestly get more shards in the shipments, squad cantina and hard mode missions than this pathetic shard shop tbqfh. I hope this isn't finalized