Shard Shop is useless as intended.

Prev13456
Aluxendr
358 posts Member
edited February 2016
Pics explain it all. I have 26 characters at 7*.

Although I suppose it's my fault for thinking you weren't going to transform my extra shards into completely useless currency, that I would never really see any use out of.

So when do you announce you're adding an additional star? 2 weeks?

myshards.png

lolwut.png

Before someone calls me a whiner, explain the logic of converting my excess 7* shards to currency... and then offering to sell me those same shards at a 10:1 ratio.

Note; I also went back and self-edited a lot of my comments. There was a LOT more anger and bitterness in some of my earlier ones.

If you're new to the thread, try to keep the "r" word out of it, and make valid points for/against the current setup. Or just register your opinion on the matter.
Post edited by Aluxendr on

Replies

• Options
    Get that Teebo and IGD up.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I can understand the frustration, and I really don't get the random nature of this and very slow pace. On the upside I heard you can get Vader shards in there, and there will be a new character in a couple of weeks.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Get that Teebo and IGD up.

Already bought em. 39,480 Shard Shop Currency left to spend.
  • Options
    There will be a shop exclusive toon released later this month. The first of many I'm sure.
  • Options
    Sorry to say this but you really should not be complaining imo...
    Just buy what you can get, eventually you will have everyone at 7*, isn't that what everybody wants?
    There will be new characters released soon anyway
  • Options
    WHat did you want exactly if not shards? Gear would give you a unreasonable advantage and nothing else of value exists.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I can understand the frustration, and I really don't get the random nature of this and very slow pace. On the upside I heard you can get Vader shards in there, and there will be a new character in a couple of weeks.
    Telaan wrote: »
    There will be a shop exclusive toon released later this month. The first of many I'm sure.

I would have absolutely no problem with the slow pace, lack of refreshes, terrible exchange rate. Zero.

The fact that it Offers to resell me characters I already have at 7* is mind-blowing though, along with the fact I didn't get to choose NOT to turn in shards for certain characters, in order to plan ahead for aditional stars.
  • Options
    OPs icon checks out.

Just give them time to rotate it has not been a day yet. Maybe tomorrow you will see Vader and Ewok Scout!
  • Options
    Sorry to say this but you really should not be complaining imo...
    Just buy what you can get, eventually you will have everyone at 7*, isn't that what everybody wants?
    There will be new characters released soon anyway
    Findec wrote: »
    WHat did you want exactly if not shards? Gear would give you a unreasonable advantage and nothing else of value exists.

Again, zero problem with slow pace, but when I own close to 50% of the characters, consider 3 of those slots will likely be taken up by characters I don't need, that already had their shards converted.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »

I would have absolutely no problem with the slow pace, lack of refreshes, terrible exchange rate. Zero.

The fact that it Offers to resell me characters I already have at 7* is mind-blowing though, along with the fact I didn't get to choose NOT to turn in shards for certain characters, in order to plan ahead for aditional stars.

Pretty sure they said they are not doing additional stars (that was the whole point of the shop i thought)
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    OPs icon checks out.

Just give them time to rotate it has not been a day yet. Maybe tomorrow you will see Vader and Ewok Scout!

I'd buy Scout shards in a second, since he isn't 7*.

Are people really missing the point of this?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry its not working out for you as well it is me. :(
  • Options
    I agree OP. Opened shop and they were trying to sell me the characters I just traded in. No refreshes and only 6 "random" options a day. Oh boy!!!
  • Options
    OPs icon checks out.

OPs icon checks out.

No, but the shards will be different for you after the refresh, it's not like those are the only ones that you will be able to get.
  • Options
    There won't be any 8*'s going forward, so no need to worry about that.
  • Options

I understand the frustration, it's a bit of a nonsense looking at it. You got surplus of shards, you exchange them 10:1 at a very slow pace too, and you get offered random shards, some of which you had surplus in the first place.

But it's a brand new feature, I'm sure they'll tinker with it and adjust / improve it.

Also, there isn't a reason to not turn in shards for certain characters, if you can only turn in those for who you have already 7*, and there are no plans to raise star level to 8, hence they made the shard shop.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options

I hear you but it's a little early to be calling it worthless. It was just released 3 hours ago lol. It's a platform for them to introduce new toons throughout the life of the game. You'll have a massive advantage over 99% of the player base when you're able to farm those toons to 7* very fast comparatively.

We also have no indication of there being any additional stars. I'd venture a guess that there won't be. With the implementation of the shard shop and the virtually inexhaustible supply of toons to draw from lore, there is zero need to do this in order to have people throw money at the game.
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »

Pretty sure they said they are not doing additional stars (that was the whole point of the shop i thought)

Pretty sure when they do, I'm gonna be applying for a rEDITED.

1. Purchase crystal, use crystal to buy shard packs.
    2. Have additional shards. Said shards are currently not usable because of Star cap.
    3. Said shards are taken away involuntarily at shop. Shop resells at 10:1
    4. Additional Star level added 8 months later.
    5. Rage Mode activated.
    Post edited by Aluxendr on
  • Options
    I asked the same question and the answer is, they are not planning to raise star level to 8
  • Options

It's been a busy day but they said somewhere they do not plan to ever add more stars. This makes sense to me and they will have a revolt on their hands if they ever change their minds about this.
    I agree that they should be omitting from the list any character you already have. Maybe they can fix that in the later update.
  • Options
    I get your point but they already announced there would be at least two shard shop exclusive characters within the next month. Why even waste your currency on anything else.
  • Options
    That being said nothing should pop up that you already have maxed out i dunno how hard it is for them to do that.
  • Options
    For those who don't understand the OP, try to see it from another perspective. The OP has 26 chars at 7*. Some other posters have shown double than that. It's perfectly possible for some players that all the options they get in the shop are useless for them, as they already have all of them at 7*

I guess that the shop is decided server side, and it's the same for everybody, to avoid hacking the client for the perfect shards and such. But if this was implemented as a way to give an use to extra shards for really heavy spenders, it has failied its mission. Might work for some of the lighter whales, and I suppose some dolphins can use it. But real leviathans will have no use for this, and they will be adding tokens faster than they can spend them. Unless the purpose of CG is to force those players to not spend anymore in the game (which I doubt), this offers no help for them
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    There are no plans to raise star levels past 7 for this very reason.

FYI.
  • Options
    Again, zero problem with slow pace, but when I own close to 50% of the characters, consider 3 of those slots will likely be taken up by characters I don't need, that already had their shards converted.
    Oh I see. You want them to just not offer shards for 7* characters. Seems reasonable enough.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    For those who don't understand the OP, try to see it from another perspective. The OP has 26 chars at 7*. Some other posters have shown double than that. It's perfectly possible for some players that all the options they get in the shop are useless for them, as they already have all of them at 7*

I guess that the shop is decided server side, and it's the same for everybody, to avoid hacking the client for the perfect shards and such. But if this was implemented as a way to give an use to extra shards for really heavy spenders, it has failied its mission. Might work for some of the lighter whales, and I suppose some dolphins can use it. But real leviathans will have no use for this, and they will be adding tokens faster than they can spend them. Unless the purpose of CG is to force those players to not spend anymore in the game (which I doubt), this offers no help for them

You are forgetting the exclusive characters that basically only they will be getting.
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    There won't be any 8*'s going forward, so no need to worry about that.

That's good to know. I doubt they would make everyone trade in their shards for 1/10th the value and then raise the star cap. Players would get outraged.
  • Options
    1. Buy the shards of your 7* star characters from Shard Shop
    2. Convert those extra shards in the Shard Shop
    3. Keep doing step 1 and 2 until no Shard Shop Currency left
    No extra shards. Problem solved B)
  • Options
    It's next to useless. Even if you have enough credits, it would take you at least a few months to get a char from 0 to 7* (if you are lucky enough so that shards for the char appear every time you refresh, otherwise a year or more). Also, the cost is 150*330=49500 credits for 1 7* char. Once you get the char, get what: "please nerf it or catina", boom!
  • Options

The issue with this toon is he will be almost completely worthless.

If he starts out at 4*, then you need 80 shards to activate him. If he shows up everyday, that's 40 days before you can even activate him.

For most people, a toon under 6* is not usable for arena. To get him to 6* you'll almost double what it takes to activate him.

So in 113 days you can get him to 6*. I'm sure before then, new toons will be introduced that will have better skills than the shard shop only toon, and make him worthless