Character reveal Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    Oh. My. Gosh.
    I had a quite strong feeling that this thread would turn into an EU-fan vs. movie-fan battle. How right I was...

And seriously, why the hate? We are all fans of the same universe, we just love different aspects of it. Yes, some of us really love Thrawn, and is considered by the devs a fan-fav imo because there are much more people loving him than movie-fans acknkwledge. But that doesn't mean we should force others to love him, too...

And you, others.. just because this time we got a toon that you don't really know... this is a star wars game, not a game based on the movies.. I get it that there are some chars that you consider outsdanding and that should be in the game, but this is a game based on ALL canon, which sadly for you includes other media that you may not be familiar with...

EU is trash and must be eradicated at once!!!!!!!

MEN, FIRE WHEN READY!!!!!!!!!

What a sophisticated response that has a a lot to do with what I wrote.
    Anyone else?

BTW stop pretending to be some peacemaker. If people feel strongly for something then let them.

Makes sense. I just don't get it why it is good for them to point on each other and shame everyone else for different reasons. And screw up the thread.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Gosh.
    I had a quite strong feeling that this thread would turn into an EU-fan vs. movie-fan battle. How right I was...

And seriously, why the hate? We are all fans of the same universe, we just love different aspects of it. Yes, some of us really love Thrawn, and is considered by the devs a fan-fav imo because there are much more people loving him than movie-fans acknkwledge. But that doesn't mean we should force others to love him, too...

And you, others.. just because this time we got a toon that you don't really know... this is a star wars game, not a game based on the movies.. I get it that there are some chars that you consider outsdanding and that should be in the game, but this is a game based on ALL canon, which sadly for you includes other media that you may not be familiar with...

Anyone else?

BTW stop pretending to be some peacemaker. If people feel strongly for something then let them.

Makes sense. I just don't get it why it is good for them to point on each other and shame everyone else for different reasons. And screw up the thread.

Because it's human nature?
  • Options
    Oh. My. Gosh.

Anyone else?

Fair point. I can't stand in the way of mighty evolution, can I?
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Gosh.

Anyone else?

You will try.
  • Options
    Oh. My. Gosh.

Anyone else?

You will try.

Of course I will. That is in my nature.
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ive created a Temple to Thrawn that i pray to every night.

Let us all sit around and tell stories if the Chiss

Can someone explain to me what a chiss is anyhow?

It is Thrawn's Species of Alien. They live beyond the Outer Rim territories in Uncharted space as of the OT.

The Empire's remenants used maps made by Thrawn to escape the Rebels and form the First Order.... so for all we know they may have encountered the Chiss Ascendency by the new Trilogy
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options

It is Thrawn's Species of Alien. They live beyond the Outer Rim territories in Uncharted space as of the OT.

The Empire's remenants used maps made by Thrawn to escape the Rebels and form the First Order.... so for all we know they may have encountered the Chiss Ascendency by the new Trilogy

Ah thanks. I knew that chiss was thrawns alien species but I wanted to know more about their origins and if they have any special powers, like being able to resist the force or something like that.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Gosh.

Anyone else?

You will try.

Of course I will. That is in my nature.

Good luck!!!!!!! :smirk:
  • Options
    So the event wont start on 10th we gotta wait until the 15th or whenever later?
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    YoloNOT19 wrote: »
    So the event wont start on 10th we gotta wait until the 15th or whenever later?

If the rumors are true then it will probably start on the 19th or better yet on the "19st"
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Ah thanks. I knew that chiss was thrawns alien species but I wanted to know more about their origins and if they have any special powers, like being able to resist the force or something like that.

Thrawn makes almost a throw away comment in the new book that as far as hes aware he hasnt ecountered anyone with powers like those Eli Vanto was telling him about (i can assume old Jedi stories) so they arent many Force sensitives or they dont understand it.

But they are known as Mythological powerfull Warriors in the outer rim regions that have encountered them so Thrawns likely not the only one with tactical genius among them.

And they only sent Thrawn to survey the new Empire so they like to keep thier distance

This has all the current Canonical information on them
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chiss

And it turns out until Thrawn is released this is the only mobile game not to feature the Chiss
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Well it looks like the nerds finally tired themselves out. Let's enjoy the silence!!!!!!!!! :wink:
  • Galaxy9
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi Luke has been confirmed from ea he is coming on September 5th
  • Options
    Well it looks like the nerds finally tired themselves out. Let's enjoy the silence!!!!!!!!! :wink:

They must have run out of Wiki and Wookiepedia articles to reference.

Nerd elitism is the best type of elitism. :smile:
  • Options
    Well, I guess the game isn't canon so a non-canon character isn't that odd.
  • Options

Besides this game and Force Arena he appears in 2 different canon sources, one dedicated to him, and he is mentioned in a third one. How much more canon do you want him to be?
  • Options

Youre still here posting in a star wars game forum, kinda makes ya a triple nerd don't it?
    Likes star wars. Check
    Plays video games. Check
    Talks about star wars and games online. Check
    Yep qualifies as a nerd ;)

Basically the naysayers and trolls stopped for a second, or so we thought....
  • Options

Thrawn is canon.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn is canon.

Now, yes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It's totally gonna be Watto! How could anyone think that it's anyone else?! We'll get the Toydarian tag and he'll be the new ship meta!
    Line ID:nevermore_83
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Thrawn is canon.

Now, yes.

He was Canon during lucas's era as well.
  • Options
    MY STAR WARS STORY

There was a jedi called Grovvo-Thatch who helped a group of slaves escape a carbonite mine. He was nice, had red hair and Yoda called him a 'sexy beast'.

The end.

There, now Grovvo-Thatch is canon. Can't wait to see him in-game.
  • Options
    MY STAR WARS STORY

There was a jedi called Grovvo-Thatch who helped a group of slaves escape a carbonite mine. He was nice, had red hair and Yoda called him a 'sexy beast'.

The end.

Id like to see LFL acknowledge your story.
  • Options
    MY STAR WARS STORY

The end.

Id like to see LFL acknowledge your story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_Football_League

Same.
  • Metroplex79
    837 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Thrawn is canon.

Now, yes.

Correct. A large portion of the EU was canon, and approved by Lucasfilms until Disney took over.

Which also included Prince Xizor, Guri, Dash Rendar, Mara Jade, and Talon Karrde.

Thrawn was legit until Disney takeover, but they obviously like him enough to allow him to be in their canon.

OT era fans stuck with the franchise even when most of the public had forgotten about it, late 80s to mid-90s, which only had books and videogames to expand what we saw in the 3 films. Thus we were able to have more of the universe for our characters until the prequel trilogy was made, which brought new fans and newer opportunities for more books and video games.

It's not elitism, we were given something awesome when nothing else existed, thus we cherish it. New fans, which is wrongly called "bang wagon fans", would never know of the dark period, nor feel the isolation of feeling what seemed like Star Wars was not a thing in the public eye.

Do you remember a time when Star Wars figures/toys were NOT on the shelves at a Wal-Mart or Toys R Us? I do. It was a period measured in years.

Heck, I'm still hoping to see the Otana, or at least a YT-2000 on-screen somewhere.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn is canon.

Now, yes.

...and then he wasn't. But now he is again. Cool story bro - except you're trying to conveniently leave out the middle. But whatevs. I get it - you're a Thrawn fan and think everyone else should be too. Some of us are not. Sorry if that makes you sad.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn is canon.

Now, yes.

...and then he wasn't. But now he is again. Cool story bro - except you're trying to conveniently leave out the middle. But whatevs. I get it - you're a Thrawn fan and think everyone else should be too. Some of us are not. Sorry if that makes you sad.

That's not what the point is. I don't care if you like Thrawn or not. I don't like r2d2 that much but I accept that he is considered a fan fav. What's getting everyone fired is up is that since YOU don't like Thrawn he can't possibly be considered a fan fav. You're attacking something that means a lot to many older fans of Star wars. Youre gonna get responses lol.
  • Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »

Thrawn is canon.

Now, yes.

That's not what the point is. I don't care if you like Thrawn or not. I don't like r2d2 that much but I accept that he is considered a fan fav. What's getting everyone fired is up is that since YOU don't like Thrawn he can't possibly be considered a fan fav. You're attacking something that means a lot to many older fans of Star wars. Youre gonna get responses lol.

Well a fan favorite is a character that everyone knows and likes. Darth Vader is a fan favorite, why? Because my Grandma knows who he is. Same with Leia, Luke, Han Solo, Chewie, R2D2, C3PO, Obi-Wan, Yoda. A fan favorite is identifiable by everyone, even people who aren't overly familiar with the content.

That's why a lot of people are confused with Thrawn being the "fan fav". He doesn't be definition fit.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »

Thrawn is canon.

Now, yes.

Well a fan favorite is a character that everyone knows and likes. Darth Vader is a fan favorite, why? Because my Grandma knows who he is. Same with Leia, Luke, Han Solo, Chewie, R2D2, C3PO, Obi-Wan, Yoda. A fan favorite is identifiable by everyone, even people who aren't overly familiar with the content.

That's why a lot of people are confused with Thrawn being the "fan fav". He doesn't be definition fit.

By that definition there is only 2 left. Jedi Luke and c3po.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Jango or bust.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
This discussion has been closed.