EA Play Live Megathread

Replies

• nulami
    99 posts Member
    nulami wrote: »
    There's supposed to be a live stream of some sort now and I can't find anything anywhere

The stream was over 3 hours ago. You didn't miss anything.

No, there is supposed to be a stream at 4:30 PDT, which was 7 minutes ago, but there's nothing on any EA or Star Wars streaming channels

If you are basing the time on the in game popup, the original popup had the wrong time. They changed it to 1:30 PDT. They then posted this morning that it was actually going to be at 1:15 PDT.
  • pac0naut wrote: »

AND THERE WITHIN LIES THE PROBLEM.

I'm not buying whatever they put out because I can almost guarantee that what they show IS NOT what we're going to get.
    That's exactly my concern!! New Ahsoka is way diferent from the one we saw at presentation videos. Her special looked like a nihilus annihilate, but is far from it.

Just afraid they use the same sneaky strategy to sell Thrawn on gameplay.
  • I missed the event, and judging from the forum comments, it must have been disappointing.
  • VinhSolo wrote: »
    I missed the event, and judging from the forum comments, it must have been disappointing.

There was no event
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Jabba wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Jabba wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Ea_Jesse Just tweeted that the EA game changers will be rveealing gameplay footage of Thrawn tomorrow.

AKA, the game changers get canned footage of him being OP which makes everyone rush for Phoenix and then once we get him he's either A: Broken or B: Not as good.

Fulcrum, anyone?
    Well, if you were marketing, I supposed you'd try to find the best, shiniest clips you could get...

Still, bit early to know his actual performance in practice.

Someone should be fired after that presentation that was beyond terrible . Who wants to buy that after seeing who in there right mind would waste resources leveling up Phoenix after a video of him standing there in pve did a aoe in pve did no damage . Hopefully it's a reverse of the fulcrum videos we seen before release she one shotted a baze full health and protection and does squat after release lol. Very dissapointed player here

Fired? Nah. I sort of feel bad for the three of them. Let me elaborate....

So, for those who said the whales AREN'T dead and people are spending money hand over fist and blah blah blah, please compare the amount of time EA gave Kozi, NRAJ and Jesse for this "reveal". They got 3 minutes at the adult table. Poor NRAJ looked like he wasn't sure WHAT to say and how much he SHOULD say. That's terrible. EA said they were giving an hour for Star Wars talk and CG got 3 whole MINUTES. That's it. The majority of their presentation went to BF2. I really wonder which makes them more money per month....BF or SWGOH.

EA's presentation of the game shows where their interest lies. CG got the scraps at this event and I know they work hard and deserved better. We ALL deserved better.

I can definitely see they were put in the back of the building for sure and even with only 3 mins that reveal video should have shown more than Thrawn just standing there with how we were pumped upto watch the stream come on there's no excuse for that video maybe the 3 mins to talk but not the content shown was a absolute joke . We didn't even get his kit posted in here at least should have done that if ea didn't give them enough time. Mistakes happen they made huge blunder today in my opinion at least my guildie mobile gamer will have a video out tomorrow I'm sure that will have more thought out into it

Here is the insane thing. Last quarter this game made 100 million net. That was more than all the other star wars games combined.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Nice! Thrawn is a cleanser! Now I can beat the only Zaul team in top 20.. Thanks devs! Oh wait, what about the other 15 triple cleanse teams?
  • I think they took the square root of our chance, not 2X....
  • Don't look at your other toons when gearing your phoenix squadron... you'll cry at all the green plus signs ;)>:)
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member

Don't look at your other toons when gearing your phoenix squadron... you'll cry at all the green plus signs ;)>:)

True :'(
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    So many underwhelming things about the reveal. We can start with Thrawn: no kit info and no action footage. This was hyped for a long time and this is what we given? Second, no information about upcoming events. No information on upcoming game content. Very disappointing!

With the lack of new content, what is the point of all these new toons? Raids for most are pointless now. Arena, is stale. Ships, if it weren't for Zetas I doubt anyone would bother.

At least August is 2 months away.
  • If CG was in charge of BF2, the preview would have been 4 seconds of Iden Versio getting beat up ewoks
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    The presentation was bad even by EA's standards, also I thought we were going to learn more about the new game mode? Anyway I am looking forward to the thrawn footage tomorrow. Does anyone what time the footage will be posted?
  • Where's the reveal misinformation post?
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    The presentation was bad even by EA's standards, also I thought we were going to learn more about the new game mode? Anyway I am looking forward to the thrawn footage tomorrow. Does anyone what time the footage will be posted?

Whenever Warrior, AhnaldT101 and the others get it and edit in their comments. In other words, the time is unknown.

• JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »

It was just click bait to get people to tune in for the 30 second spot. At least BF2 looks awesome.

• Nah, I don't think so, he's mostly a support that can manipulate TM, Protection and cleanse
  • So who else heard statement made that we have "plenty of time" to get ready for the Thrawn event on June 15th during the livestream and started rolling on the floor laughing?

Oh, don't forget, double drops are done today so that will sure help us get there faster...
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
    I missed the event, and judging from the forum comments, it must have been disappointing.

There was no event

I'm talking about the EA Play Livestream
    VinhSolo wrote: »

There was no event

Yes there was 30 seconds of nothing
  • 5 days is plenty......to put $100 in your bank account to buy the premium pack lol
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    So now everyone is finally in agreement, nerf chaze!
  • Bouncyslime
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    He comes with TM manipulation and protection manipulation along with debuff cleansing

Let's just hope he's an OP version of ST Han while also being a baze that's under a jyn zeta lead... also, a better version of the Rex cleanse would be nice

lmao rewatching the EA play video, I believe they forgot thrawns synergy with death trooper

Unless it's a secret
  • Are you kidding me I heard them someone say plenty of time and snorted my drink out of my nose i choked so hard.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member

There was no event

There was like 2 minutes of video and Jedi Luke was much more prominently featured than Thrawn. There was zero new info.
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Don't worry, we have "plenty of time" to get Phoenix squad ready for the thrawn event on June 15...
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • With the hype surrounding the EA announcement and even the in-game banner to tell us to tune in, they basically told us what we already knew. In addition to the Thrawn announcement (even that detail was limited and to a second or two of actual gameplay and brief discussion of TM abilities), I thought we'd at least get a hint of what's to come in the future, like a new game mode..

However, I do enjoy that there was a quotable moment that I'm sure many SWGOH fans will enjoy from weeks to come complimentary of @CG_NotReallyAJedi.

In reference to the Phoenix squad being needed for the event.

"You have plenty of time. The game is setup for you right now. We brought all the Phoenix members into the game. They are completely accessible."

Disclaimer: I have no problem with the event needing Phoenix squad, but people having about a week to gear, level up, and star the characters is not plenty of time.

7* - Absolutely will need to spend hundreds of dollars (maybe $500+)

6* - You obviously won't need to spend as much, but it's going to be tough to do without either having a lot of crystals available or spending a $100+ (This may include packs already purchased).

5* - This is actually obtainable for many assuming they've earned all the free shards and are focused on obtaining shards for the most part. This is where I'll probably end up.

1-4* - Spend the different types of currency and use your energy wisely easibly doable, but you'll just have shards and not a character.

I want this event to get here so we will be that much closer to actual exciting news!
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Just remember what he said: He is killer in pvp, KILLER!! So.. like Ahsoka?
    Lmao