Resistance Squad + R2D2 Severely Overpowered + General Feedback

Replies

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

I'm quite fed up with this mechanic and along with everything else the way the game has been going (Phoenix to unlock Thrawn, etc), taking 1+ month to deal with obvious hackers on arena shard, this isn't looking good for you guys @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse , etc.
    Make note of this. I speak in a volume of at least 20 or more here where we congregate and discuss these elements of the game.
    I don't really see myself or the others lasting on this game. So I am not sure what your next strategy will be.
    I'd appreciate if someone can communicate with me here or privately and actually be the face of accountability to the mass unhappiness in multitudes here.
    I am sure that most reading this will agree also.

Sounds like you already made up your mind, why do you feel the need to vent. Just stop playing and don't speak for all of us.

• Options
    If you're looking for balance, this is not the game you're looking for. Balance was thrown out the window a year ago.

Nothing seems to make sense anymore.

• Options
    The mechanics behind a resistance team are very strong, as is zQGJ and constant foresight, zaul and constant stealth/crit immunity/usually moving first, and anything to do with Chaze/kenobi.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Last time I faced a Resistance team in arena I think the only one who got to actually even attack was Finn, and at that point he was the only one left....
  • Trollsbane
    109 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    After looking on swgoh.gg and seeing that Welterweight is using a zaul squad... yes... the overpowered flavor of the month team from 2 months ago... I decided there is nothing to see here. Move along.

Btw, I run a Resistance squad. how bout them apples!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Trollsbane wrote: »
    After looking on swgoh.gg and seeing that Welterweight is using a zaul squad... yes... the overpowered flavor of the month team from 2 months ago... I decided there is nothing to see here. Move along.

Wait but zeta Maul teams absolutely crush resistance... Daze + Shock = no TM gain for Resistance..... Not to mention SAss + Nihilus = Resistance not even using their specials for a while. If he's complaining about the Resistance Team going first and then getting an infinite TM gain loop his mods have to be MUCH slower than the enemy resistance team due to Zeta Maul's +20% TM boost to start the battle....

Nothing to see here because OP clearly has far worse mods and doesn't know how to face a Resistance team lol
  • Options
    Does your resistance squad run a 250+ speed R2D2?

On paper you think Zaul can beat this...I've got news for you, it can't. The guy who most of us cannot beat does not have swgoh gg either...so all I can say is that the team is zFinn, Poe, zR2D2, and resistance trooper and pilot. The rest having 70+ speed CD mods...G11. Expose/Buff immunity seems to always land and connect also. No chance on missing.

If anything, I'd say Zaul is not at the top at all when it comes to meta.
  • Options

On paper you think Zaul can beat this...I've got news for you, it can't. The guy who most of us cannot beat does not have swgoh gg either...so all I can say is that the team is zFinn, Poe, zR2D2, and resistance trooper and pilot. The rest having 70+ speed CD mods...G11. Expose/Buff immunity seems to always land and connect also. No chance on missing.

You must not have Sith Assassin - she should absolutely beat R2 with the Maul boost - Maul isn't at the top at all you're correct, but you should be beating Resistance pretty easy with a Maul team that has SA and DN in it.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

R2 is 281 speed, but R2's speed isn't the one that matters. Poe's is. Also 70+ is literally nothing for high end arena, if your mods aren't that high on your arena toons, thats no one's fault but yours. Go farm some mods. My Zeta Maul is modded with +112 Speed, without a speed set. His effective starting speed is 265 goes and Dazes all of them. You put that kind of Speed on SAss and your whole team of Sith will have a starting speed of around 330. Also, RP is not the 5th Resistance member you want in a resistance team, Rey does far more damage and is used to mop up everyone.

Zaul was meta 2 months ago is what he was saying, however, Zaul can still destroy Resistance teams on offense. How fast are your toons modded to be? Who are you running? Any decent Zaul team should be able to run right through a resistance team.
  • Options

You must not have Sith Assassin - she should absolutely beat R2 with the Maul boost - Maul isn't at the top at all you're correct, but you should be beating Resistance pretty easy with a Maul team that has SA and DN in it.

Line up:

Zaul (191 speed), SA(236 speed), Zooku (245 speed), DN (209 speed), Sith Trooper (irrelevant speed).

His:

R2 (256), Poe (226), the rest have 65-75 speed bonus mods on them with CD...

Yet, I lose and maybe win 1/3 times. Explain this then?

Focusing Poe - Stun/AB and still can't.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Wait but zeta Maul teams absolutely crush resistance... Daze + Shock = no TM gain for Resistance..... Not to mention SAss + Nihilus = Resistance not even using their specials for a while. If he's complaining about the Resistance Team going first and then getting an infinite TM gain loop his mods have to be MUCH slower than the enemy resistance team due to Zeta Maul's +20% TM boost to start the battle....

Nothing to see here because OP clearly has far worse mods and doesn't know how to face a Resistance team lol

Not all Resistance squads are created equal I suppose. I run Finn, Poe, Trooper, R2, Kenobi and absolutely destroy Zaul squads and hold rank surprisingly well. Having 3 tanks, 2 cleanses, and R2s stealth along with the 60% defense from Finns zeta and the protection and health buffs from R2s Number Crunch zeta they are very tough. I almost always can make it through Zaul squads initial debuffs until cleansed with all 5 guys still standing and protection to spare.

https://swgoh.gg/u/trollsbane/
  • Options

Line up:

Zaul (191 speed), SA(236 speed), Zooku (245 speed), DN (209 speed), Sith Trooper (irrelevant speed).

His:

Get Dooku out of there and run EP - Dooku under DN - but not with DM.
  • Welterweight
    134 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Not all Resistance squads are created equal I suppose. I run Finn, Poe, Trooper, R2, Kenobi and absolutely destroy Zaul squads and hold rank surprisingly well. Having 3 tanks, 2 cleanses, and R2s stealth along with the 60% defense from Finns zeta and the protection and health buffs from R2s Number Crunch zeta they are very tough. I almost always can make it through Zaul squads initial debuffs until cleansed with all 5 guys still standing and protection to spare.

Thank you. Someone who knows what they're saying. Yes, that individual's team is most similar to yours but no GK. Your squad is faster than his though. I'd be afraid to face your team.

Exactly...R2 keeps cloaking the rest, then you're forced to attacking Finn or Poe's foresight/taunt...by that time, you get nailed by more exposures and R2's burn.

@JohnnySteelAlpha , I switched Dooku out for Zavage and still not that great. Zavage has an 85 speed mod set too.

Palp is just so squishy though, I'm not sure..I've got nearly 25 protection on Dooku and he regains it.

*I think it's the zetas on R2 that make Resistance teams extremely strong...
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    If you're looking for balance, this is not the game you're looking for. Balance was thrown out the window a year ago.

I must have missed that day. I've never seen balance.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Resistance teams can crush Maul teams on offense now thanks to R2, but the AI still plays the Resistance team HORRIBLY on defense. I'm not saying Maul teams are better than Resistance, but on offense both teams should be able to win.

Line up:

His:

Get Dooku out of there and run EP - Dooku under DN - but not with DM.

Agreed, EP is great in this case. Shock will stop Stealth, Taunts, and TM gain. Sure Dooku can shock occasionally with his Special, but it's no that great.
    You don't want to Focus on Poe. Take out Resistance Trooper first. He's the only one that gains TM when an enemy BECOMES exposed. Everyone else needs the expose damage to happen to get TM. RT is also the only one on the team than can dispel buffs/taunts. Without RT the team starts to crumble. Usually I'd say take out Rey next, but your nemesis seems to run RP, in which case either take out her or R2 next. With all of your team going before R2 and Poe you should be able to easily take out RT before they move and once he's gone it doesn't matter how many exposes they get, they can only target Sith Trooper anyways and they won't be able to dispel his taunt.
  • Options
    Resistance teams can crush Maul teams on offense now thanks to R2, but the AI still plays the Resistance team HORRIBLY on defense. I'm not saying Maul teams are better than Resistance, but on offense both teams should be able to win.

I agree, both teams are able to win against each other when on offense but Resistance holds rank surprisingly well. A good Resistance squad does in fact win on defense more than one would expect.

• Options
    Also, lets not tell everyone how to beat Resistance! I got a good thing going here! :smiley:
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Also, lets not tell everyone how to beat Resistance! I got a good thing going here! :smiley:

My bad :lol:

Guys, when facing a Resistance team you should spread the damage out as much as possible and make sure not to use Shock or Daze at all because obviously Finn is just going to cleanse everything. Stuns are also super ineffective as Rey and R2 obviously are immune to Stuns.

jk
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Options
    Zaul and Rex are very good counter teams. You can't get Poe to go first against Zaul. Against Rex, he gains turn meter every time you crit him. On defense the AI doesn't target exposed toons, so I would disagree with you.

Zaul is 191 speed so he'd go before Poe. I even force drain the entire squad. The thing is, once taunt+expose happens, it resets cooldows and a fast R2D2 (250+ speed) keeps casting over and over and the rest of the squad keeps attacking.

Hitting an expose doesn't reset cooldowns. It lowers them by 1.

I have a nice resistance team (3.3 million today on phase 2 of haat) but I don't run them in arena. There's just too many counters to them...
  • Options

My bad :lol:

Guys, when facing a Resistance team you should spread the damage out as much as possible and make sure not to use Shock or Daze at all because obviously Finn is just going to cleanse everything. Stuns are also super ineffective as Rey and R2 obviously are immune to Stuns.

jk

Much better! :smile:
  • Chi
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I run resistance team in Arena and they are fun and not over powered. They do well on offense and hold rank decently if you have a fast Poe. There is no good arena defense. Best defense with AI is get lucky with RNG. In the case of Resistance its RNG on Poe's taunt.
    SWgoh profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/cheezy1027/
  • Options
    just my opinion..

Resistance is currently sweeping top 10 on offense even when severely under geared and modded purely with speed sets (I'm not even talking +11 secondaries).

On defense..everything performs like poo

The difference is that you don't see similarly geared/modded premium teams performing so well.

Sure There is always a way to beat something but the main issue is that a lot of these premium teams are losing on defense to f2p teams, and easily.

What's the point of investing in the next new toon if resistance is just going to crumple you?

I do not see a point in investing in "another op" toon that does well on offense but makes no difference in defense

Swgoh.gg is a great tool but fundamentally flawed in that often the teams position at payout is not always reflected when stats are gathered.

End result, resistance could snipe you for first every single night but when swgoh.gg pulls data that team will have already dropped in rank, therefore it's not accurately reflected in the "meta".

Case in point:

I take 1st every single payout, and yet my sync does not reflect that.

https://swgoh.gg/u/aidendeleon/

Personally I do not care if resistance is nerfed, I will get my payout regardless.

However to ignore the imbalance is just silly.

Ultimately this will deter people from investing in new toons and that will hurt the game over all.

Devs have done a lot to make the game look pretty, Improve QoL, but have neglected the "end game".

Outside of fandom why is anyone bothering to buy new toons? Why is anyone farming hard nodes?

Why bother with raids?

This game...like my rant has no consistency or end point.

Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it ;)
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    are you saying that when finally there are some teams that can deal with the so hated speed meta it should be changed to return again to the speed?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    just my opinion..

Resistance is currently sweeping top 10 on offense even when severely under geared and modded purely with speed sets (I'm not even talking +11 secondaries).

The difference is that you don't see similarly geared/modded premium teams performing so well.

Sure There is always a way to beat something but the main issue is that a lot of these premium teams are losing on defense to f2p teams, and easily.

What's the point of investing in the next new toon if resistance is just going to crumple you?

I do not see a point in investing in "another op" toon that does well on offense but makes no difference in defense

Swgoh.gg is a great tool but fundamentally flawed in that often the teams position at payout is not always reflected when stats are gathered.

End result, resistance could snipe you for first every single night but when swgoh.gg pulls data that team will have already dropped in rank, therefore it's not accurately reflected in the "meta".

Case in point:

Personally I do not care if resistance is nerfed, I will get my payout regardless.

Ultimately this will deter people from investing in new toons and that will hurt the game over all.

Devs have done a lot to make the game look pretty, Improve QoL, but have neglected the "end game".

Outside of fandom why is anyone bothering to buy new toons? Why is anyone farming hard nodes?

Why bother with raids?

Your sync is 20 minutes after your payout? Wow that seems awfully late, mine usually syncs like 5 or 6 minutes after my payout. Also didn't quite read the rest of that post honestly, I'm just tired right now....
  • Options
    nah I'm not saying anything at all, I'm just going to finish gearing my resistance team and join the crowd. Forget chasing the bleeding edge ;)

Who needs thrawn, fulcrum, or any others...I've got Finn and friends :p
  • Options
    just my opinion..

Case in point:

Why bother with raids?

I disagree with most of what you said but as for swgoh.gg being flawed I think maybe you need to change your time zone in the settings. swgoh.gg does not change with daylight savings time while the game does. Change the time zone an hour forward (maybe back?) and you should see more accurate stats.

• Options
    @Vertigo it's all good it would have wasted your time anyway lol

I came to this game for two reasons, starwars and somewhat balanced pvp (albeit AI)

I'll stay for starwars but the state of pvp has made me lose interest quick.

I only get toons that I'm a fan of now
  • Options
    Zaul and Rex are very good counter teams. You can't get Poe to go first against Zaul. Against Rex, he gains turn meter every time you crit him. On defense the AI doesn't target exposed toons, so I would disagree with you.

Zaul is 191 speed so he'd go before Poe. I even force drain the entire squad. The thing is, once taunt+expose happens, it resets cooldows and a fast R2D2 (250+ speed) keeps casting over and over and the rest of the squad keeps attacking.

Zaul base speed is 100. If you have good
    Mods you give plus 100. 20% TM gain gives a speed of 240. If you have sith assasin, gives turn meter and they all go first. All I'm saying is, there are counters to every team. No team is unbeatable. If you look at the META report you will see that Finn lead is 3%! Resistance is far from over powered.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    @Vertigo it's all good it would have wasted your time anyway lol

I came to this game for two reasons, starwars and somewhat balanced pvp (albeit AI)

I'll stay for starwars but the state of pvp has made me lose interest quick.

I only get toons that I'm a fan of now

No offense AidendeLeon but you seem to be banking on Fulcrum. Don't expect to just plug and play the newest guys into a squad and win. Just because a character is new doesn't mean they are the best. You don't see many Gar Saxons or Phoenix squads tearing up arena!
  • Options
    Not at all I got fulcrum for fun, never thought she'd be a game changer at all.

I have quite a few combinations that are meta and can always swap in for payout.

I had lots of fun with rogue one teams back before zaul.

Never chased zaul because Rex could easily beat it and that remains the case vs all current "meta" teams.

Just gets boring running the same team everyday.

Resistance is funny because it was fairly overlooked by lots of players (exception Rey) and now few want to accept that it's catapulted in power. I'm not saying it's the #1 team but it certainly contends for very little investment.

I buy shards once in a while from the shops and almost maxed, I too will enjoy giving them a spin :)