New Jedi bundle worth the 60$?

Replies

• Options
    It sucks. Should have been Old Ben, Jinn, Anakin, and Ahsoka.Then maybe it would have been worth it, I didn't buy it.
  • Options
    If i already have anakin and QGJ what happens to the characters? do they turn into shards?
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Phazerking wrote: »
    If i already have anakin and QGJ what happens to the characters? do they turn into shards?

I was JUST about to ask that as well

How many shards of each do you get if you already have them?

• Options
    Phazerking wrote: »

I was JUST about to ask that as well

How many shards of each do you get if you already have them?

Half of the shards to get them to appropriate star
  • Options
    Not worth my dollar. If the whales can put their credit card down for a minute, things around here would change very quickly.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I was ready to jump on this and am starting to reconsider. I really really wanted to buy a nice bundle, been waiting for months, and I even held off on activating Jinn. But Ahsoka wasn't buffed and everything I read about Anakin is that he's average. I like tinkering with new characters but the last average guy I unlocked was Finn and he just sits there. I don't need Anakin to get Yoda.
    Anyone use him? Honest thoughts?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Would this pack be worth it if it was my only way of getting Yoda? It would still b a stretch for me but possible
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I was ready to jump on this and am starting to reconsider. I really really wanted to buy a nice bundle, been waiting for months, and I even held off on activating Jinn. But Ahsoka wasn't buffed and everything I read about Anakin is that he's average. I like tinkering with new characters but the last average guy I unlocked was Finn and he just sits there. I don't need Anakin to get Yoda.

One of my allies has him so I play with him a lot on lightside battles. He's pretty underwhelming. Decent but not really strong at anything. On the previous page I detailed what you could get if you just got $60 of crystals instead, I think crystals are more worthwhile unless you are in a hurry for the characters in the bundle.

• Options
    $60 on two jedi...worth it? No. For 60 bucks, I could take my sweetie out to a nice dinner on Valentine's Day.

Just kidding. I play this game, so clearly, I live alone.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for the patch hoping for a character pack but I already have 4 star Anakin and Ahsoka and just bumped Jin to 4 star.
    I was very briefly tempted just to get Shards but it's not worth it to me. If I didn't have one of the two main jedis then I may have been more tempted.

Hopefully another pack will be released soon.
  • Options
    Anakin does look strong with a QGJ lead, so there is that. Also, I'm fairly interested in trying Anakin's leadership with a heady Jedi backdrop (Old Ben, Yoda, QGJ, and a flex position. Not sure it will be worthwhile, though I've been running a Poe lead with Rey for a while now, and it truly wrecks (even makes Finn viable).
  • Options
    If they had put Ima Gun Di

I might have bought the pack

Been itching to spend but currently how the update is rolled out. The lack of information in updates.

Questionable returns on packs

I think I will refrain from spending for now.

This game could be so much more. But currently its just like value on IAP
  • Options
    It's back to lunch problem. When 21-day crystal came out, everyone said I can skip lunch to get it. You just need to skip lunch for a week and get yoda tonight.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Cyclonus - LOL.
    medetec wrote: »
    One of my allies has him so I play with him a lot on lightside battles. He's pretty underwhelming. Decent but not really strong at anything. On the previous page I detailed what you could get if you just got $60 of crystals instead, I think crystals are more worthwhile unless you are in a hurry for the characters in the bundle.
    Thanks. Yeah I know. The thing is I already do quite a bit with crystals. For me the $50 would amount to 18 extra Cantina refreshes, that's about 45 Jinn shards and 50 or so mission shards, and all things I want. It really all hinges on Anakin, is he worth it... tough call. I wish they had made it someone else.
  • Options

Best I used was a 5* purple once a bit back. Underwhelming.
  • Options
    @Cyclonus - LOL.
    medetec wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah I know. The thing is I already do quite a bit with crystals. For me the $50 would amount to 18 extra Cantina refreshes, that's about 45 Jinn shards and 50 or so mission shards, and all things I want. It really all hinges on Anakin, is he worth it... tough call. I wish they had made it someone else.

It's Anakin Skywalker!

This is a character collecting game after all. ;)
  • Alecation
    211 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    xDengar wrote: »
    Depends how badly you need them QGJ shards.

said it all!!

I am buying cause I want my QGJ 7* ASP

but I might throw $200 on chromium's first see if I get some jedis to 7* if i get lucky on chromium I will not buy, but most likely ill have to buy, I know my luck...
  • Options
    Cecton wrote: »
    Anakin doesn't seem worth it. They would have made a lot more money if it was Old Ben.
    Although the 70 QGJ shares were tempting me to 6* my current QGJ. $60 is just too steep to spend for me when I just spent $50 on crystals for refreshes etc.

Old Ben sucks. I've had him for a while at 4* and his attacks a weak. His mind tricks don't do a lot on higher level characters and that's pretty much all he's good for. The only way to promote him is from the data card store and I've yet to be able to get the one shard I need to get him to 5 star.

On topic, heck no it's not worth $60.
  • Options
    That pack is COMPLETELY OVER VALUED.... If you're trying to spend $60 on the game there are MUCH more efficient ways of doing so.... Do not waste your money on that pack.
  • Options
    I mean, if it was say, Aayla and they added her to a farmable location I would have been intrigued even with it being a bad investment, but yeah with Annie being a solid "meh" and Ahsoka being a "mehhhhhh" it' not remotely tempting.
  • Options
    $60 dollars for all characters that are farmable? They really missed the ball with this one.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    It's Anakin Skywalker!

This is a character collecting game after all. ;)

Yeah, I may just do it for that reason. I sorta just want to buy a pack. I passed on the TFA one and, well, whatever. :)
  • Options
    So I am not the only one looking to spend but ughhh when u saw the pack on offer
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DaysOfYore wrote: »
    $60 dollars for all characters that are farmable? They really missed the ball with this one.

They're doing it for dolphins who want the 5* to run the Yoda mission tomorrow and just need more shards of the Jedi on the pack.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Cyclonus wrote: »
    $60 on two jedi...worth it? No. For 60 bucks, I could take my sweetie out to a nice dinner on Valentine's Day.

I made an account just to give you props for this.
  • Options
    nematocyte wrote: »

:D I consider myself something of an artist in this regard. It is nice to know my work is appreciated!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Depends on when you want yoda.....and what lvl you unlock

Jinn now 5.5* and will hit 6 during event ..
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    dont buy this pack yet, there is always another jedi pack comming, think old ben, aayla, kit fisto, luke with light saber, don't waste your money :wink:
  • Options

Thank you for this.. :D

• Options
    nematocyte wrote: »

Oh yeah.. Welcome to the forum! :D