New Jedi bundle worth the 60$?

Prev1345
I know a lot of people do reviews on the bundles and which ones they think are worth it or not so just seeing what everyone's input is

Replies

• Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Totally thought they would help us out and dive in with the Yoda hype. If they release it after the event I don't think to many will buy it, and instead turn to farming shards.

LMAO, just as I post this... Nevermind.

Close this post please
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Not for me, if Anakin was avaiable on arena or GW shipments I'd buy it, I don't plan on farming 3 nodes as it'd take forever to 7* him...
    I'd certainly buy the Windu pack if I could though...
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Anakin doesn't seem worth it. They would have made a lot more money if it was Old Ben.
    Although the 70 QGJ shares were tempting me to 6* my current QGJ. $60 is just too steep to spend for me when I just spent $50 on crystals for refreshes etc.
    Post edited by Cecton on
  • Options
    It really depends on do you need them.. For me its a waste of $60. I have all those Jedi at 7* if the shard shop was not such a joke I would buy it..
  • Options
    That's my thing is I don't really want anakin, Agreed would much rather have mace
  • Options
    I can't see the value.. Maybe if your lean on Jedi.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    No 5*

Anakin farming only on hard node

2* QGJ is only half its value in shards

25 ashoka shards?
  • Options
    I think it's not worth it, Anakin and Asohka is just too weak, i will buy it if its Aayla and Old Ben. Very bad deal $60 for weak characters in a "mobile game" not worth it. I'll just use the money to watch deadpool with my girlfriend.
  • Options
    Depends how badly you need them QGJ shards.
  • Options
    Is the Jedi pack the only pack to drop with the new update? Can we expect a second pack with different characters? Just want to know before I spend some money
  • Options
    Spending that money on crystal pack

with 2 cartina refreshes would net you more.

The problem is no 5* for anakin

Of cos If you already farmed anakin or did not activate your QGJ or ashoka earlier

It offers decent value.
  • Options
    Well $60 on crystals is 8400 crystals, paying for a full month of double cantina refreshes every day. A bit over 5 cantina shipment shards a day averaging it out, so ~140-150 QGJ shards, and 1.7m credits at the stage 3 cantina battle payout level over a month, plus another ~200-300 shards of whatever you try to farm from cantina battles. Cantina battles also payout a bunch of mats and training droids.

Just need to be willing to milk it overtime instead of getting the upfront Annie and friends. Basically how desperate you are to get 5* Jedi before this week's event ends.
  • Options
    I would pay $60 but not the $90AUS I'm seeing on my screen....**** weak Aussie dollar :'(
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Well $60 on crystals is 8400 crystals, paying for a full month of double cantina refreshes every day. A bit over 5 cantina shipment shards a day averaging it out, so ~140-150 QGJ shards, and 1.7m credits at the stage 3 cantina battle payout level over a month, plus another ~200-300 shards of whatever you try to farm from cantina battles. Cantina battles also payout a bunch of mats and training droids.

Just need to be willing to milk it overtime instead of getting the upfront Annie and friends. Basically how desperate you are to get 5* Jedi before this week's event ends.

Wow when you break it down like that it seems really bad.
  • Options
    Bgw4 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people do reviews on the bundles and which ones they think are worth it or not so just seeing what everyone's input is

Not worth it. You will be more happier if you buy a lobster for dinner for yourself than investing in the bundle.

• Options
    I briefly considered it for the qg shards, but ultimately decided against. If anything I'll buy crystals for a third cantina refresh to make sure he is 5* before the end of the event.
  • Options
    Gonna pass on this pack. Anakin is not really farmable and Ashoka is sub par with her speed. Qgj is the real attraction, but 45 USD (60-mats,creds,crystals) for him isn't worth it.

I still hope we will see some new characters in the very near future, which will doubtless include packs. As it stands, no we have no knowledge of any new pacts or characters besides the upcoming shard shop exclusive character.
  • Nitrocity
    26 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Simsurf wrote: »
    I would pay $60 but not the $90AUS I'm seeing on my screen....**** weak Aussie dollar :'(

I hear ya. Canadian monopoly money these days. $85 Canadian. *le sigh*
    Of all the quotes, in all the bars, in all the world, you had to walk into mine.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm torn. I already do the 200 refresh in Cantina and 400 is too much (I did it for a few days to ensure Mace would be 5* for me this week). I don't have Jinn or Anakin unlocked so that's 185 shards for around $50. Jinn and Ahsoka are in the most competitive shipment spot. Tough call.
    I am not sure how I feel about Anakin. I've never felt compelled to try to get him, and have literally never seen him in arena and very rarely in GW which makes me wonder if he's really all that good.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Not worth it. I can't see who would buy this except that impulsive buyer justifying the spend as a way to get Yoda faster. Nothing exclusive about any of the characters and not enough shards for me to be valuable. You get $10 back in crystals but that wouldn't even get you a Quarter of the way to 5* Anakin
  • Options

Take $20 of those crystals and buy the 8-pack for the guaranteed char drop. Chances are you'd get a farmable 4* character, or a better non-farmable than Anakin anyway, and still have crystals left over for refreshes.
  • Options
    Nitrocity wrote: »
    Simsurf wrote: »

I hear ya. Canadian monopoly money these days. $85 Canadian. *le sigh*

I'm no economist hence my lack of understanding why the economy that nearly ruined the world has such a strong dollar... the Aussie dollar was over 1:1 at one stage! Oh well not wasting my money on annie :)
  • Options
    I bought this for one reason only: I needed the QGJ and Ahsoka shards to unlock Yoda this week. Otherwise this pack is a ripoff when looked at objectively.
  • Options

Great info
  • Options
    Jek_Face wrote: »

Take $20 of those crystals and buy the 8-pack for the guaranteed char drop. Chances are you'd get a farmable 4* character, or a better non-farmable than Anakin anyway, and still have crystals left over for refreshes.
    [/quote]

No way... $20 8pack is worthless and very rarely gives you a 4* Today for example my guaranteed character was F'n 1* IG-100.
  • Options
    I'm unsure on getting the pack, I'm still considering it, since everything it has I need or can use. I'm farming for Ahsoka shards, good. I wanted to go for QGJ but hadn't been able to start, since I was on Poe when he was released, and then the Jedi event came in place, so no chance to farm for QGJ yet, but still want to. He's easy to farm so I could finish farming for his shards after wards. The credits and mats are also a nice touch, I'm needing specifically 1mm for Lumi's 7*...

On the downside, $60 may not seem much, but if I sell $60 in my country I get "a lot" of money (economy is a chaos here).
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options

Thanks for the math

Figured something like that but lazy to calculate lmao

Better off getting yoda next month.

But tbh the game is starting to show that it offers little value outside of nostalgia as a star wars fan.

• Options
    Jek_Face wrote: »

You could, although I'm off the opinion that 2.5k crystals has far more value than an 8x chrome pack. Even if you get a 4* char (80 shards) and 70 random shards (150 total), if you waited it out and used the crystals on refreshes over time you could get 8 days of double cantina refreshes for a similar number of shards but on characters you intended to get, plus actual payouts of credits and mats and 240 bonus exp a day to top it off.

From an investment standpoint Chrome packs are only for big spenders who want exclusive drops. If you aren't shooting for exclusives your money goes farther elsewhere. If you buy a chrome pack and get an exclusive character you cant even really use it as you cant rank it up an 2-4* isn't viable.
  • Options
    No, it's garbage.