New Jedi bundle worth the 60$?

Replies

• Options
    @Ewakawaka

For what it's worth I say go for QGJ. He is very good and can do some handy stuff. He is one of my better toons period, much less just Jedi.
  • Options
    I bought this pack mostly because of the 10 purple ability mats.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    I bought this pack mostly because of the 10 purple ability mats.

i like this guy
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Ugh I also can't decide if this is worth it. I only have QGJ at 2* now so the boost would help, and have zero for Anni. I mean, the point of this is to get Yoda right? Do we know if Yoda is worth it?
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    For me the pack is really tempting because of the QGJ and Ahsoka shards. If there was any way to get Anakin to 5 stars quickly then I would buy. But I don't see it, not with the current drop rates.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ln8grL2.png

Is it worth it? in Paper Yes, But everyone have different opinion. Let me break it down for you.

Ahsoka Tano(25shards) can exchange from Cantina shipment. 25shards need 5shipments that is 2,000 Cantina Credits. Each refill in cantina cost 100 Crystals. As you know 1refill can only get you 200 cantina credits. So you need 10refill or 1000 Crystal/10days.

QGJ (80shards) can exchange from Cantina shipment. 80 shards need 16 shipments that is 6,400 Cantina Credits. Each refill in cantina cost 100 Crystals. As you know 1refill can only get you 200 cantina credits. So you need 32 refill or 3,200 Crystal/32days.

Anakin 80Shards, assumed if you farm 1 shard in every 3 try or let say 2 shards per day. There are only 2 battle (5-B Hard) and (5-C hard) and it will take you 40 days. Plus the energy cost. So literally [(16*3)*80 ] = 3840 Regular energy will waste on it. Assumed if you going to refill each day. That is 32refill (3840/120(each refill). Since each refill cost 50 crystals. So you need 32refill that will cost around 1,600 Crystals/32days.

jvz36sB.jpg

$10 = 1340 Crystals
    $10 = 1M Credits
    Ability Material MK III(10) = Priceless lol

Post edited by Song on
  • Options
    If you guys are really just worried about farming Anakin, it's not THAT bad. Spending 150 crystals a day gets you 18 attempts at his shards if you refresh each node once. Depending on your luck that's probably at least five shards a day, so about the same speed as a cantina shipment farm. I slow farmed him and Rey to 5* simultaneously in a month or less. The real question is whether or not he is worth the slow farm ... Before this pack I was ready to leave him at 5* but now I'm CONSIDERING taking him further (still leaning towards no unless I can think of a way he could benefit a specific team comp).
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Daezl wrote: »
    If you guys are really just worried about farming Anakin, it's not THAT bad. Spending 150 crystals a day gets you 18 attempts at his shards if you refresh each node once. Depending on your luck that's probably at least five shards a day, so about the same speed as a cantina shipment farm. I slow farmed him and Rey to 5* simultaneously in a month or less. The real question is whether or not he is worth the slow farm ... Before this pack I was ready to leave him at 5* but now I'm CONSIDERING taking him further (still leaning towards no unless I can think of a way he could benefit a specific team comp).

bad idea. You going to spend like 2400 Crystals alone just to refresh his node.

Assumed if you get 5shards each day so you need 16days.

(150 * 16) = 2400 crystals.
  • Options
    Krey wrote: »
    I really do not think it is that bad. Let's break it down.

Anakin: You get a 4* character that is farmable. And it is a really long farm (3 hard nodes) so having what amounts to an 80 shard jump start is not bad. If his shards were real easy to farm, then why bother buying an 80 shard jumpstart? Spend the money on crystals for energy refreshes. And it is better than getting Old Ben or another toon who will be eternally stuck at 4* unless you buy Chromes because they are not farmable at all. While his use in game may be debatable (and I do not have him at a high level so I do not know), if you just like collecting main characters, he's a big name.

Qui-Gon Jinn: You get him at 2* along with enough shards to promote him to 4*. So you are really getting a 4* Qui-Gon. And while he is farmable in Cantina shipments, he is one of the slowest farms there because his shards are not available in any of the hard missions like the other toons there. And his usefulness in game is way up there. Again....not eternally stuck at 4* like a Chrome exclussive.

Ahsoka shards: Ahsoka is an interesting named toon. She was the first toon I started farming in the cantina and I had her at 4 star before I realized how badly her speed crippled her. But she is an attacker with a high crit rating and every non-leader ability she has includes a self or group heal of some type. The trick is that her hitpoints are so low, that keeping her alive until her slow speed gives her a chance to use those heals is a challenge. Maybe QGK leader speed helps that, but I have not used Ahsoka seriously since I learned how low her speed/hitpoints where compared to everyone else, so I really do not know.

1 million credits: the largest credit pack you can buy is just over 500k, so you are getting a little less than two of those.

Training droids: I have training droids coming out my ears, so who really cares. Still, it is something.

X thousand crystals: can't be bothered looking up how many it actually is, and I can't remember. But I bet it is $10 or so worth of crystals at shop prices.

Skill upgrade compnents: 10 of the rare ones if I remember. Not sure how much those are worth.

Anyway, put it all together, and it is not bad. Sure, I would have rather had Old Ben if he was farmable in any way (but he is not), and maybe Mace, but he is a much easier farm than any of these characters. So I really think the choices for the pack are solid. They could have been worse.

Krey

I got it for the reasons above. And will add Ahsoka is not as squishy with her health steal working. She has been staying at full health in GW today healing herself.
  • Options
    I spent $60 on 32 Anakin shards and 10 MK3 Ability mats, oh and crystals.
  • Options
    Making it roughly on par with farming someone from
    Cantina shipments.
    One cantina refresh (plus natural recharge) nets you between 390-420 cantina currency unless my math is wrong, so about 5 shards a day from cantina shipments. The new free energy will cover over a third of the energy costs associated with farming him if you claim it all. Granted, cantina farming comes with a host of other benefits and cantina shipments offer much better choices than Anakin. I'm just saying that if you want Anakin but think he is practically unfarmable, he's not. I'm not saying that he's worth it; I don't think that he is unless you really want him on your roster for whatever reason (or no reason in my case).
  • Options
    To start off, I get that greed runs the human mind, and excess of cells in the sack, but when I saw a 60$ offer for 2.5 Jedi, when the new event requires 5 Jedi to even ENTER!?! I lost my marbles, and had to light up a smoke. Wouldn't it have been somewhat feasible to offer 60$ pack and receive 5 Jedi?, but 2.5 Jedi seems a bit greedy, yes being greedy works, but if you keep putting icing on the cake, eventually the cake will make you sick.
  • Options
    I already had purchased it. I caved. I was considering on buying something anyways, my way of saying thank you for the big update (btw is GW rewarding way way better cristal and T3 mats or I was extremely lucky today? (no visual bug, actual numbers!)). So the pack is a nice idea, no farming, gambling, grinding, which I have a bit of an issue buying just for that.

But @Song you made a great argument here too, it may have helped decide me if I hadn't already. :)
    Song wrote: »
    ln8grL2.png

Is it worth it? in Paper Yes, But everyone have different opinion. Let me break it down for you.

Ahsoka Tano(25shards) can exchange from Cantina shipment. 25shards need 5shipments that is 2,000 Cantina Credits. Each refill in cantina cost 100 Crystals. As you know 1refill can only get you 200 cantina credits. So you need 10refill or 1000 Crystal/10days.

QGJ (80shards) can exchange from Cantina shipment. 80 shards need 16 shipments that is 6,400 Cantina Credits. Each refill in cantina cost 100 Crystals. As you know 1refill can only get you 200 cantina credits. So you need 32 refill or 3,200 Crystal/32days.

Anakin 80Shards, assumed if you farm 1 shard in every 3 try or let say 2 shards per day. There are only 2 battle (5-B Hard) and (5-C hard) and it will take you 40 days. Plus the energy cost. So literally [(16*3)*80 ] = 3840 Regular energy will waste on it. Assumed if you going to refill each day. That is 32refill (3840/120(each refill). Since each refill cost 50 crystals. So you need 32refill that will cost around 1,600 Crystals/32days.

jvz36sB.jpg

$10 = 1340 Crystals
    $10 = 1M Crystals
    Ability Material MK III(10) = Priceless lol

548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    5 jedi for 60$ would be a **** lot ofor the money if you go by what you previously got in packs. Its something to get you started if you haven't got anything yet to build upon. Its fine for those who have only started playing the past couple weeks to get started. Useless to most as Qui is easy to get in shipments at 2*, ahsoka is farmable in a lot of places, both good for people starting out and want a bit of a boost. Anakin not so great to help you start farming a character especially since he seems to be one of the less useful jedi and is hard to farm.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Haha then don't buy it
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @OmarFPG

My second thought would be spend $50 on crystals (7,370) because it can help you refill for the whole month.

QGJ is nice this pack will help most folks to speed up to get QGJ to 7*
    Anakin is useless i mean he will take forever to get to 7*(2shards per day if you lucky) I would rather have Mace or someone that can farm in cantina like Pol Koon.
    Ahsoka Tano is take age and not worth to get her to 7*. She is only available in cantina shipment and 2 other node.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm on the fence. Gets my OGJ past 5* (which I'll get by Friday on cantina anyway)and most of the way to 6* and leaves me about 20 short on getting Anakin to 5 stars. The III ability materials are nice but I don't really need Anakin at 5*to unlock Yoda because I have Jedi Guardian at 5* as my 5th. So basically I'd get a faster 6* OGJ, Anakin who has got to be better than Jedi Guardian for the 6th and 7th stage when I get him some shards slowly, ability materials, some crystals and $1m credits...still on the fence after writing this all out. I tend to think I'd be better off with crystals and start working towards the 6* and 7* rounds with the team I have. Maybe even an 8 pack and try to get a more farmable 5th than using Anakin or Jedi Guardian.
  • Options
    We have a bundle for EUR 59.99 here in EU :) Not buying it. 4* Anakin? What to do with him at 4*? To star him up? It will take months... My current QGJ is 6* and nice to have shards for QGJ but I will get them in cantina store anyway.
  • Options

Ahsoka Tano(25shards)

QGJ (80shards)

Anakin 80Shards

That doesn't tell us what they are worth. That tells us what they would cost if you bought them through other means.

If I offered you a gift certificate for a free bikini wax and told you that it was worth $50, what would you say to that?

You'd say, "The retail value may be $50 but I don't want a bikini wax."

This bundle is the Jedi bikini wax.

• Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Ahsoka Tano(25shards)

QGJ (80shards)

Anakin 80Shards

That doesn't tell us what they are worth. That tells us what they would cost if you bought them through other means.

If I offered you a gift certificate for a free bikini wax and told you that it was worth $50, what would you say to that?

You'd say, "The retail value may be $50 but I don't want a bikini wax."

This bundle is the Jedi bikini wax.
    @Eris_Discordant
    I'm just break it down and show you how long it take farm those shards. I also list the time/crystal cost. Incase you missed that.

For Example
    QGJ = 80shards if you refill each day and it cost 100 Cantina each time. To get 80shards you need Refills 32 times / 3200 Crystals / 32days

EA sell 2,800 Crystal for $19.99
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Artas wrote: »
    We have a bundle for EUR 59.99 here in EU :) Not buying it. 4* Anakin? What to do with him at 4*? To star him up? It will take months... My current QGJ is 6* and nice to have shards for QGJ but I will get them in cantina store anyway.

Anakins only have 2 node good luck if you ever get to 5stars. lol I would say if you dont refresh, maybe 4month you will get Anakins to 7stars. Assume if you can get 2shards per day.
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Anakins only have 2 node good luck if you ever get to 5stars. lol I would say if you dont refresh, maybe 4month you will get Anakins to 7stars. Assume if you can get 2shards per day.

Yes, and getting 2 shards per day is a good result. I would expect 1-2 shards per day and not more. I was sourcing Dooku and it happened to me to get 0/6 three days in a row...
  • Options
    I would buy it except I already have QGJ and ahsoka. If they put them both in extra shard form instead of the heroes woulda been an instant buy.
  • Options
    I'm tempted... I haven't unlocked QGJ yet, still playing catch-up with the Poe train since I was starring up Fives, so haven't taken advantage of QGJ moving to shipments yet, but I eventually do want him. So starting him at 4 stars is good for me.

Ahsoka I currently have at 4 stars, this would put me about 20 shards short of 5 stars. Also worth it to me.

Anakin, however, I don't want at all. Aside from the fact that he seems distinctly mediocre in the game, he is (in pre-Vader form) possibly my least liked character in Star Wars who isn't named Jar-Jar.

Crystals, credits and training materials are of course also nice.
  • Options
    I bought it. I had to!
    My wife gave me for my recent birthday 50 Euro saying: "spend it on that **** iPad game you are allways playing".
    I can't buy cristals for refresh energy (what's cristals? what's energy?), I had to buy a character. So now I have Anakin and Qui Gon Jinn, and she is happy (me too).
  • Options
    ExOr66 wrote: »
    I bought it. I had to!
    My wife gave me for my recent birthday 50 Euro saying: "spend it on that **** iPad game you are allways playing".
    I can't buy cristals for refresh energy (what's cristals? what's energy?), I had to buy a character. So now I have Anakin and Qui Gon Jinn, and she is happy (me too).

Sorry to say that but if you are playing always it is better for you to buy crystals :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Anakin has 3 nodes.
    Assuming you can play nost chars at 6*, you need 150 shards if you buy him at 4*. So a bit more than two months
    Post edited by Triqui on
  • Options

bad idea. You going to spend like 2400 Crystals alone just to refresh his node.

Assumed if you get 5shards each day so you need 16days.

(150 * 16) = 2400 crystals.

Why would you do that? he stinks
  • Options
    I know he's not that good and I don't even like his character but all this trash talking makes me want to focus on Anakin and prove you all wrong.
  • Options
    I know he's not that good and I don't even like his character but all this trash talking makes me want to focus on Anakin and prove you all wrong.

no problem, go ahead :)