New Jedi bundle worth the 60$?

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    dont buy this pack yet, there is always another jedi pack comming, think old ben, aayla, kit fisto, luke with light saber, don't waste your money :wink:

Any idea when this is likely to happen?
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    I'm relatively new to this game so please excuse the dumbness of my next question.

You get QGC @ 2* in this pack but I already have him at 3*
    I think the 2+QGJ would technically equate to 35 shards but I've also read you only get half the shards if you already own the character??? So besides that undervaluing the pack I can expect the 2* to break down to an additional 17 or 18 stars - is that right?

Thanks
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • DefinitivePoeCounter
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Anyone who doesn't see the synergy between QGJ, Yoda and Anakin is in for a surprise. This pack is worth it.

But you'll have to manual farm Ani tho or buy chromiums whichever is down in your alley. He is not going to cut it at anything below than 6*, that is the truth.
  • Options
    Anyone who doesn't see the synergy between QGJ, Yoda and Anakin is in for a surprise. This pack is worth it.

I might be tempted to agree. Except for the 800 lb. nerf in the room.

You see, from my perspective, the concern with investing any more money in this game at this point - even in circumstances like you suggest (a clear and powerful toon or combination of them) is that if they do truly end up working out to be THAT good, they will simply be nerfed in the next update.

We're glorified beta testers. Some of us have even paid money to be so. Some A LOT more money than I have.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

But you'll have to manual farm Ani tho or buy chromiums whichever is down in your alley. He is not going to cut it at anything below than 6*, that is the truth.

If you buy Anakin 4*, you have to then farm him to 6* - Let's say you will getting 3 shards per day, so you will have 6* Anakin after approximately 50 days + another 33 days to get him to 7*.

Farming one character for 3 months? Have fun with it...
  • Options
    Daezl wrote: »
    I know he's not that good and I don't even like his character but all this trash talking makes me want to focus on Anakin and prove you all wrong.

I was already planning that before the trash talking, that's why I had 50 shards on him.
  • Options
    I don't need Anakin for the event, I'd be getting him just to have him to try out. The real question is whether it's worth it. After getting Yoda I will already have 6 high-star Jedi and that's not even counting Anakin or even Ahsoka.
    But I'll probably get him anyway. I haven't unlocked new characters in some time and he has an interesting enough kit that it's worth playing with. He's also tied for the fastest Jedi (well we don't know about Yoda yet) in a meta that just became all about speed.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Yes. QGJ is my fav character and he was taking a long time to farm and wanted to get him up quicker. Time is more precious then money at this point. Anakin is going to be a toon that will show some promise in the future and getting the mats and extra credits can help me WHEN I get my Yoda. :)
  • Options
    I had been prepared to get the pack when it came but after seeing it it won't do much to help me with getting 5 jedi at 7*. But since I was prepared to spend a bit I got an 8 Pack instead, got a Rex and over 20 shards for JC (who I am farming to 6* atm), and I feel a lot happier with what I got than if I had bought the bundle.
  • Options
    The new speed system turned Anakin in one of the most interesting Jedi, actually. He can go on a killstreak alongside QGJ and the 80 shards are very welcome for such a hard to farm character. Look at it that way, not "I can't easily make him higher starred" but "those 80 shards(if not unlocked) speed his farming up by at least a month".
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

@DefinitivePoeCounter

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this until now.

I've got a pretty sweet build that I can't wait to try out B)
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Song wrote: »
    Artas wrote: »
    We have a bundle for EUR 59.99 here in EU :) Not buying it. 4* Anakin? What to do with him at 4*? To star him up? It will take months... My current QGJ is 6* and nice to have shards for QGJ but I will get them in cantina store anyway.

Anakins only have 2 node good luck if you ever get to 5stars. lol I would say if you dont refresh, maybe 4month you will get Anakins to 7stars. Assume if you can get 2shards per day.

Anakin has 3 nodes.
    Assuming you can play nost chars at 6*, you need 150 shards if you buy him at 4*. So a bit more than two months
    @Triqui lol of course I know he have 3 node but if you ever unlocked Dark side (hard) first lol
  • Options
    We have a bundle for EUR 59.99 here in EU :) Not buying it. 4* Anakin? What to do with him at 4*? To star him up? It will take months... My current QGJ is 6* and nice to have shards for QGJ but I will get them in cantina store anyway.

Anakins only have 2 node good luck if you ever get to 5stars. lol I would say if you dont refresh, maybe 4month you will get Anakins to 7stars. Assume if you can get 2shards per day.

Anakin has 3 nodes.
    Assuming you can play nost chars at 6*, you need 150 shards if you buy him at 4*. So a bit more than two months
    @Triqui lol of course I know he have 3 node but if you ever unlocked Dark side (hard) first lol

Which is harder than it should be since the "no allies" for dark side hard missions still persists.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    If it it worth, they will nerf, after paying.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Anakin has 3 nodes.

Which is harder than it should be since the "no allies" for dark side hard missions still persists.

I did it 3* using level 70 7* Sid ally and my droid team (HK47, 86, 88, Geo and Poggle). Had to finish 5 or 6 times
  • Options
    Massively overpriced. At $20 sure, but no more than that for characters that can be farmed for free, two of which are pretty naff anyway.
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, I bought it. I felt like I shouldn;t have after, total impulse. We shall see. I don't go out and spend a lot of money on needless things, so this one puts a notch on that belt. ;-)
  • Options
    I wish they'd just leave the bundles always available. After playing for a couple months, I would gladly make the Barriss bundle my first purchase but this one just doesn't appeal to me.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm still puzzled as to why they only give you half the shards for an already unlocked toon

Pay for 80 shards worth but get 32

**** this upsets me very much

I'd buy the pack if they converted what the unlocked toons would require if you had to unlock them!

• Options
    Bgw4 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people do reviews on the bundles and which ones they think are worth it or not so just seeing what everyone's input is

I can really use Anakin on my team for his high damage and offensive buffs. Plus those Qui-Gon Shards would save me a very tedious grind to get my Qui-Gon to level four or higher:

However, that amount of money is worth a full priced Triple A game, and I've already bought a $20 crystal pack.

I have every character registered as a Sith currently in game (why Kylo or Snoke aren't Sith I have no idea... dame I hate Abrams). Hopefuly there is a Sith Event.
  • Options
    Bgw4 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people do reviews on the bundles and which ones they think are worth it or not so just seeing what everyone's input is

I can really use Anakin on my team for his high damage and offensive buffs. Plus those Qui-Gon Shards would save me a very tedious grind to get my Qui-Gon to level four or higher:

However, that amount of money is worth a full priced Triple A game, and I've already bought a $20 crystal pack.

I have every character registered as a Sith currently in game (why Kylo or Snoke aren't Sith I have no idea... dame I hate Abrams). Hopefuly there is a Sith Event.

lol

kinda like why isn't leia considered "human"

almost all other "humans" are "human" in game

lol
  • Options
    inb4 Leia is Luke's clone? lulz
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I'm still puzzled as to why they only give you half the shards for an already unlocked toon

Pay for 80 shards worth but get 32

**** this upsets me very much

I'd buy the pack if they converted what the unlocked toons would require if you had to unlock them!

Though it doesn't upset me much, I completely agree. I would buy the pack as it stands for $40, but I wouldn't pay a dollar more considering the already-unlocked shard reduction.
  • Options
    I might pay $20 or even better 3 bundles of equal value at $10. But I laugh then get a little angry when I see $60. Hahahaha ';,,;'
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    dont buy this pack yet, there is always another jedi pack comming, think old ben, aayla, kit fisto, luke with light saber, don't waste your money :wink:

Any idea when this is likely to happen?

I don't think they've ever sold Chromium exclusive characters in packs, don't expect this to happen.