Arena , teamwork and bullying culture? Arena shards switch up

Prev134
Cloud24
206 posts Member
edited June 2017
wouldn't it be more fun and better to have shards changed every 6 months?

in the long term most of the arena top shard just fall under who is teaming with who to keep hogging the top rank and who has the most friends or guild members in the spot.

I believe a system that would switch shards every months 6 would be the best and a new challenge in term of equality. or some half year switch up with a similar shard created at the same time. The current system we have in some shards is sort of a bullying culture from alot of threads that i have read on the forum. it seems that less and less people want to invest time to have rewards.

I am very thankfull that my shards is only 1 year and 3-4 months old and that i do not have the same payout as some in the tops.

edit: i am fine with my shard as i score in the tops1- 15 without any teaming, i was just insterested into seeing people general opinions about having a new challenge. But the shards can and are also perfectly fine as they are if the game is intended to have teamwork in arena shards (for myself i like it solo because i think it is somewhat an unfair advantage and not challenging at all) . If done right there is plenty of options for diversity but as i score in the top 1 to 10 i can also understand the frustation that some people who progress to go higher in their current shard could face. Thus the starting shard that we start with seems to be better suited.

But this could be used for new events

@CG_Kozispoon or any devs it would be nice to have some feedback on how things can improve as a community
Post edited by Cloud24 on

Replies

• Options
    Could easily lead to some serious inequity with newer shards.
  • Options

Compared to the inequity of the cheating a.k.a. collusion? What's the difference?
  • Options
    Why do you think there wouldn't be collusion within days of a switch?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

Compared to the inequity of the cheating a.k.a. collusion? What's the difference?

yes worse then any of that.

how would you match players? they would have to look at full rosters to keep things fair, and we all know that the matching is far from perfect right now. I think that the easiest way for them to group us is how they have done it by time when you joined.
  • Options
    There would be. At least the cheaters would have to work for it a little more.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

I knew it! Russian collusion! Cheats and conspirators! Empeach them all!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

how would you match players? they would have to look at full rosters to keep things fair, and we all know that the matching is far from perfect right now. I think that the easiest way for them to group us is how they have done it by time when you joined.

Fairest way would be a single shard with everyone, one payout, and anyone caught colluding is banned for life. Yeah! One winner a day!
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »

I knew it! Russian collusion! Cheats and conspirators! Empeach them all!

Plenty of American, Canadian and everbody-else collusion in this joint too.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    "We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, “Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.” And I’ll say, “No, it isn’t!”"
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Curadan
    49 posts Member
    Options
    You should look up the definition of cheating before you throw that word around. As far as collusion, I can't speak for your shard but we accommodate whoever joins the shard chat. The only ones intentionally targeted are the ones that deliberately snipe people outside their payout.
  • Options

Oh, sorry you decided to be the lone wolf and not form strategy / socialize with your shard -- but those darn cheaters, right?
  • Options
    Curadan wrote: »
    You should look up the definition of cheating before you throw that word around. As far as collusion, I can't speak for your shard but we accommodate whoever joins the shard chat. The only ones intentionally targeted are the ones that deliberately snipe people outside their payout.
    What he's saying is absolute nonsense and entitlement-sounding.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Fairest way would be a single shard with everyone, one payout, and anyone caught colluding is banned for life. Yeah! One winner a day!

A global leaderboard just screws newer players over. How will they be able to catch up to almost 2 years worth of grinding? Higher barriers to entry only reduces profits in the long run.

There's not even going to be a fair way to reshuffle leaderboards so this suggestion is not going to achieve any kind of equality.
    Group all the whales together and risk **** all of them off because you're effectively punishing them for advancing their collection?
    Create hundreds or maybe thousands of Looking for Leaderboard mates threads every 6 months?
    Sounds like too much work and trouble just because somebody believes that he will have more fun escaping from his current leaderboard to a new one.
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    Options
    I wish they would shuffle them. Just to face new people would be nice. That was a positive of tournaments. You could battle other top arena shard teams to see what they were using, mod setups, etc. I really wish they would fix the cheating in tournaments and bring them back.
  • Options

It's cheating. Groups of players decide to enforce their own rules within the game with controlled access to the group.
  • Options
    Bottom line, all the cheating/collusion serves one of two purposes. 1). People don't want to buy crystals and save the three bucks a day all that cheating produces. My response. I'd video me burning three bucks a day, every day, for as long as this game lasts if it wasn't a crime to destroy currency.

2). People like being part of the cliques, groups, in crowds, etc. My response. Why? Lol
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options

It's cheating. Groups of players decide to enforce their own rules within the game with controlled access to the group.

i find it that it is like a sort of bullying. people teaming up in large number to enforce their own ways is not really a positive aspect of the game
  • Options
    Cloud24 wrote: »

i find it that it is like a sort of bullying. people teaming up in large number to enforce their own ways is not really a positive aspect of the game

Yes. Have seen lots of comments, in guild chat and discord chats, about targeting and punishing people in arena if they don't follow the rules these groups think they have a right to create. Spot on.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options

Yes. Have seen lots of comments, in guild chat and discord chats, about targeting and punishing people in arena if they don't follow the rules these groups think they have a right to create. Spot on.

I'm sorry you live in a country that denies you the right to create a chat room for a mobile game. Most countries do protect the rights of their citizens to do this.

Fight for your right to make chat rooms 2017!!
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

I'm sorry you live in a country that denies you the right to create a chat room for a mobile game. Most countries do protect the rights of their citizens to do this.

Fight for your right to make chat rooms 2017!!

I am American. Doesn't mean I have the right to **** bully and cheat fellow players.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

yep this is really sad to be a part of the game ... people bend their back and join theses discords chats in fear that this will happen to them. We need people that enjoy playing fairly and that can speak up for equality
  • Options

You need to look up what cheating versus strategy is. Degrading others because of their choice in strategy; in this case, which happens to be socializing and connecting with others, is of poor taste. It's your own fault you chose to be a lone wolf in a team-based game (IE: Raids)

yep this is really sad to be a part of the game ... people bend their back and join theses discords chats in fear that this will happen to them. We need people that enjoy playing fairly and that can speak up for equality
    And disallowing certain strategies because you refuse to be a part of it (out of pride? arrogance? ignorance etc.?) is equality? Do you guys hear yourselves?

@HeresTheTruth

Need you here buddy.
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member
    Options
    It's a nice idea. I think if there would be a system that would mix people with symilar level and/or heroes's pool it would bring some more challenge to it and fresh air.

Well for me my arena shard looks a bit not funny but can blame only myself for that as I was playing this game till I got lvl 74 then for some reasons I quit it for 6 months so now I'm lvl 80 and all I can do is refresh as long as I can find any 85 lvl that has a team I can face. Anyway it's not that bad as still I'm around 650-900 so not that bad.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options

You need to look up what cheating versus strategy is. Degrading others because of their choice in strategy; in this case, which happens to be socializing and connecting with others, is of poor taste. It's your own fault you chose to be a lone wolf in a team-based game (IE: Raids)

And disallowing certain strategies because you refuse to be a part of it (out of pride? arrogance? ignorance etc.?) is equality? Do you guys hear yourselves?

@HeresTheTruth

Need you here buddy.

all i smell is your greediness.

allow me to educate you why im not colluding

is not because of pride or whatever empty words that you say.

Why im not interested in colluding is because not everyone can collude and some people will always be left out what i want from this game is a challenge not a bandwagon supreme dictator 'strategy type'

do you hear yourself?
  • Options

@HeresTheTruth

Need you here buddy.

Interesting. Even forum arguments elicit the need for collusion and asking for help to win.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    If you wanted to prevent collusion, switching up every 6 months wouldn't do it.

Having a ranking system where you are attacking blind (That is, you don't know what target you're attacking until the battle starts) and then gaining/losing rating based off how your team does on offense (and maybe defense) would be the way to prevent collusion... and that would require completely rethinking how Arena works.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    This game is all about teamwork. Guilds allow ppl to request items to gear characters faster and to work together for raids.

Ppl that aren't in a guild will never see certain premier characters and will never have access to certain gear.

If I was on an Arena shard w/ 9 other guildies and we used teamwork and communication to lock down the top 10...ensuring we received the best rewards, that would b teamwork.

But, some enterprising folks use Line or Discord to come together and communicate to stop the snipe-fest that used to be arena...and ppl call this cheating ?

Absolutely ridiculous. WAI.

• Dundadarr
    157 posts Member
    Options
    Shard chats change arena from a model that only benefitted EA and never the player to one that benefits the player.

More players get higher payouts at the cost of less time, crystals and significantly less frustration
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    Options
    I can play my arena without worry of being snagged for the hour, yes please.

Just the friendship value alone is why I'm glad we have an arena chat, and all are welcome, and all have the opportunity to battle with less stress of being dropped while climbing payout.

Instead of a game of Scoundrels, it's become a game for Gentleman.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's a great suggestion to have a shard switch, although it wouldn't benefit myself! I'm on an august 16 shard which doesn't seem all that strong tbh (in comparison to a lot of what I hear people talking about on here). only 2 or 3 whales of note.

We must be one of the few shards that don't have a chat. there's literally 2 or 3 guys that do it but none of them are on my payout so makes no difference.

It's interesting that people that don't do shard chat think it's a form of cheating, those that do don't think so..As we don't have one I'd think of myself as neutral but I do think it's a form of cheating personally. I think it would really take fair game from our shard if it started. without it players are rewarded for the choices they take, with it you gain a completely unfair advantage.

Having said that i'm a believer in 'if you can't beat them, join them'. I don't want to get it started for the reasons stated above but i'm keeping an eye out in case someone else does. I don't want to get left behind.

Back to the OP. Disparity could easily be achieved by ensuring shard switches were within a month of themselves starting. i.e just shuffle all players around that started in aug 16. good idea, it would make it much less boring battling the same darn guys every single day.
This discussion has been closed.