Arena , teamwork and bullying culture? Arena shards switch up

Replies

• danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options
    Game calls it player vs. player. I don't see any plurals there.
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

Changing shards won't fix collision that's an absurd suggestion and argument.

Do you buy a car because you are mad you have to replace the tires on your truck?

Imo... I would apologize for whatever u did just listen to some Kendrick Lamar, be humble, and make friends with your arena shard mates so they let u back into the party.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Before guilds, most of my allies came from shardmates. Does it make sense to pvp allies? Or does it make more sense to form a bond with your allies and help each other out?

I see no problem with a handful of shard mates working with each other for mutual gains.
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    There would be. At least the cheaters would have to work for it a little more.
    Cloud24 wrote: »
    Curadan wrote: »
    You should look up the definition of cheating before you throw that word around. As far as collusion, I can't speak for your shard but we accommodate whoever joins the shard chat. The only ones intentionally targeted are the ones that deliberately snipe people outside their payout.

It's cheating. Groups of players decide to enforce their own rules within the game with controlled access to the group.

i find it that it is like a sort of bullying. people teaming up in large number to enforce their own ways is not really a positive aspect of the game

While I'm sure there are some arenas where the top players try to keep others out, and those could be called bullies, but for the most part these chat groups help to stop bullies.

In my arena, pretty much everyone in the top 20 is able to make it into the top 3. By using Discord to coordinate, we are able to coordinate payout times, and maximize the fun part of PVP, which is battling other people and giving feedback on how their squads.

By posting payout teams, I can choose to battle someone who is already done for the day, and not someone who is still making the climb for their payout.

People in the same time zone rotate who gets 1st, which eliminates the stress of sniping. And we can help each other block the whales that like to snipe other people outside of their own payout. So I would say we stop the bullies if anything.

Futhermore, having a shard chat has added another element to PVP and help keep things fresh. We can try different squads and get feedback on how they do, without having to worrying about dropping 20 spots immediately if they are terrible.

Lastly, Some people on our group say it's more fun chatting with us, than with their guild. Part of that is because of the Guild chat not being that great, but some guilds just don't chat much, and having a group of active players to discuss the game with makes it that much more enjoyable.

We still battle player vs player. We have friendly rivalries. Everyone is welcome to join us. We don't gang up on other players to keep them out of the top ten. We will work to stop the players that like to be trolls and snipe first all day, but they are still welcome to join.

I don't consider that collusion so much as protecting players (often FTP) who can't afford unlimited refreshes from the stronger players who like to constantly snipe others just for fun (whales, at least in our shard). It most definitely is not bullying or cheating.

TLDR: Most shard chats do not exclude anyone, they add to the fun of arena, and work to stop bullies.

• danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Do you buy a car because you are mad you have to replace the tires on your truck?

Imo... I would apologize for whatever u did just listen to some Kendrick Lamar, be humble, and make friends with your arena shard mates so they let u back into the party.

I buy new trucks if they have a new button/feature. Bad argument. 17 Silverado because it has a wireless charger and my Tundra didn't......

I pmd ONE guy on my shard, cookiecrisp, and chatted briefly. He ask d and offered to lay off the time I collect. I never told him the time and told him to do his worst. So your advice is a moot point. I don't know any people on my shard in any social circles.

• Options
    Woah, now collusion is cheating?

Collusion clearly isn't bypassing rules of the game, modifying the game in any way or doing anything against the rules. If you aren't happy with getting bullied because you aren't in contact with your shardmates, just find them in Reddit or the forums.
  • Options

I buy new trucks if they have a new button/feature. Bad argument. 17 Silverado because it has a wireless charger and my Tundra didn't......

I pmd ONE guy on my shard, cookiecrisp, and chatted briefly. He ask d and offered to lay off the time I collect. I never told him the time and told him to do his worst. So your advice is a moot point. I don't know any people on my shard in any social circles.

When your shardmate chose to be helpful and chose to not hit you before your payout, you told him to do his worst. Of course your shardmate would tell everyone, assuming you're a troll. Hence you're locked out of 1st.
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You should look up the definition of cheating before you throw that word around. As far as collusion, I can't speak for your shard but we accommodate whoever joins the shard chat. The only ones intentionally targeted are the ones that deliberately snipe people outside their payout.

It's cheating. Groups of players decide to enforce their own rules within the game with controlled access to the group.

i find it that it is like a sort of bullying. people teaming up in large number to enforce their own ways is not really a positive aspect of the game

While I'm sure there are some arenas where the top players try to keep others out, and those could be called bullies, but for the most part these chat groups help to stop bullies.

In my arena, pretty much everyone in the top 20 is able to make it into the top 3. By using Discord to coordinate, we are able to coordinate payout times, and maximize the fun part of PVP, which is battling other people and giving feedback on how their squads.

By posting payout teams, I can choose to battle someone who is already done for the day, and not someone who is still making the climb for their payout.

People in the same time zone rotate who gets 1st, which eliminates the stress of sniping. And we can help each other block the whales that like to snipe other people outside of their own payout. So I would say we stop the bullies if anything.

Futhermore, having a shard chat has added another element to PVP and help keep things fresh. We can try different squads and get feedback on how they do, without having to worrying about dropping 20 spots immediately if they are terrible.

Lastly, Some people on our group say it's more fun chatting with us, than with their guild. Part of that is because of the Guild chat not being that great, but some guilds just don't chat much, and having a group of active players to discuss the game with makes it that much more enjoyable.

We still battle player vs player. We have friendly rivalries. Everyone is welcome to join us. We don't gang up on other players to keep them out of the top ten. We will work to stop the players that like to be trolls and snipe first all day, but they are still welcome to join.

I don't consider that collusion so much as protecting players (often FTP) who can't afford unlimited refreshes from the stronger players who like to constantly snipe others just for fun (whales, at least in our shard). It most definitely is not bullying or cheating.

TLDR: Most shard chats do not exclude anyone, they add to the fun of arena, and work to stop bullies.

+1

That's how we roll in our arena chat. We have a few guys that seem to refresh 2-3 times per day (not in our chat), just because and they disrupt multiple payouts. Either they don't understand how it works, or they're just a bully.

Each timezone governs its own rules. Could be rotation or who has the better team/RNG that day. We rid each other the hassle of last second, long range sniping. Obviously being jumped from #1 to #5 is a ridiculous difference in paydirt.

I don't understand why people assume this is cheating. It clearly adds a heightened experience to arena. I don't fight a single person outside of my payout, others do and that's fine, but if I need to refresh to get back to top 3, then I'm out 50 crystals but gain so much more.

Team testing, defense monitoring, collaboration, etc etc etc are all benefits! Wish everyone could see it this way.
  • American
    394 posts Member
    Options
    Why stress out over payout when you can hang out with arena shardmates and figure out which lineups work and don't work. At the top of the guild, I'm sure the arena shard shop currency is just piling up for the next toon to be released.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options

When your shardmate chose to be helpful and chose to not hit you before your payout, you told him to do his worst. Of course your shardmate would tell everyone, assuming you're a troll. Hence you're locked out of 1st.

Not wanting to cheat makes me a troll?
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options
    Zephyrus wrote: »

+1

That's how we roll in our arena chat. We have a few guys that seem to refresh 2-3 times per day (not in our chat), just because and they disrupt multiple payouts. Either they don't understand how it works, or they're just a bully.

Each timezone governs its own rules. Could be rotation or who has the better team/RNG that day. We rid each other the hassle of last second, long range sniping. Obviously being jumped from #1 to #5 is a ridiculous difference in paydirt.

I don't understand why people assume this is cheating. It clearly adds a heightened experience to arena. I don't fight a single person outside of my payout, others do and that's fine, but if I need to refresh to get back to top 3, then I'm out 50 crystals but gain so much more.

Team testing, defense monitoring, collaboration, etc etc etc are all benefits! Wish everyone could see it this way.

I have seen PLENTY of chat on different discord chats showing anger, and detailing punishment for people who aren't part of the shard chat group that attack others. Everyone thinks they are entitled to those crystals and because ten or twenty of em made their own rules, anyone not following those bogus rules are targeted. I honestly don't even fret over arena, easier to just drop a vault. Doesn't mean I don't see collusion for what it is.
  • Options
    @danrussoa I am in your arena shard, if you joined our chat maybe we'll will let you in the top 20.......maybe

Team Jeda rules
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options
    VanKings22 wrote: »
    @danrussoa I am in your arena shard, if you joined our chat maybe we'll will let you in the top 20.......maybe

Team Jeda rules

Not interested. The three bucks a day isn't really a big deal.
  • Options

Team Jeda rules

With the $3 a day we are able to save as a group, we are able to donate food to starving kids in Africa, dont be so selfish, we do it to save the kids.

• Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »
    If you wanted to prevent collusion, switching up every 6 months wouldn't do it.

Having a ranking system where you are attacking blind (That is, you don't know what target you're attacking until the battle starts) and then gaining/losing rating based off how your team does on offense (and maybe defense) would be the way to prevent collusion... and that would require completely rethinking how Arena works.

ya
    Zephyrus wrote: »

+1

I have seen PLENTY of chat on different discord chats showing anger, and detailing punishment for people who aren't part of the shard chat group that attack others. Everyone thinks they are entitled to those crystals and because ten or twenty of em made their own rules, anyone not following those bogus rules are targeted. I honestly don't even fret over arena, easier to just drop a vault. Doesn't mean I don't see collusion for what it is.
    so right! danrussoa.
  • Options

Not wanting to cheat makes me a troll?

No, rebuffing good intentions may make others mistake you for one. Like seriously, collusion has existed for 2 years already, and everyone is in it. Targeting others out of payout is called TROLLING and BULLYING, as it does nothing to help you and just causes others to lose out. Seriously, there's this troll in our shard who hits others out of payout, so we target him to force him out of top 20 every day. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Aley
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Bunch of whiny snowflakes in here, cannot seem to get away from them anywhere these days. If you are buying vaults and still getting whooped by F2P like me, you might want to rethink that strategy or ask for advice on how to use your crystals more wisely, lol.

Shard group chats save a lot of effort by coordinating payout times even when you still have the DB's that just attack at all payouts because they are just DB's or ****. Not cheating or collusion when the folks in the chat communicate who the DB's are and take action. Grow up snowflake, it is a big world out there and you need to put your big boy pants on.
  • Options
    Aley wrote: »
    Bunch of whiny snowflakes in here, cannot seem to get away from them anywhere these days. If you are buying vaults and still getting whooped by F2P like me, you might want to rethink that strategy or ask for advice on how to use your crystals more wisely, lol.

Shard group chats save a lot of effort by coordinating payout times even when you still have the DB's that just attack at all payouts because they are just DB's or ****. Not cheating or collusion when the folks in the chat communicate who the DB's are and take action. Grow up snowflake, it is a big world out there and you need to put your big boy pants on.

Thank you.

Collusion is perfectly fine OP.
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    Options
    'Cheats Never Prosper' is a nice proverb, but online gaming has taught us that it's wildly incorrect.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    Options
    The shard chat is a response to the way pvp is designed in this game. I cannot blame the players who are involved in shard chat.
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Dundadarr wrote: »
    Shard chats change arena from a model that only benefitted EA and never the player to one that benefits the player.

More players get higher payouts at the cost of less time, crystals and significantly less frustration

Perfectly put.

There are no punishments in our shard chat, just cooperation that has worked for everyone that has joined. It's less stressful and more accomodating of real life. And, after all, you've still got to beat your opponent.

Frankly, the two whingers in here sound like right pieces of work - no wonder they are targeted. And they're blaming shard chats instead.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options

Team Jeda rules

With the $3 a day we are able to save as a group, we are able to donate food to starving kids in Africa, dont be so selfish, we do it to save the kids.

If I ever care about arena again, it's doubtful,

Thank you.

Got this from Webster dictionary.......

Definition of collusion
    : secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose acting in collusion with the enemy
    collusiveplay \kə-ˈlü-siv, -ziv\ adjective
    collusively adverb
  • Aley
    94 posts Member
    Options

Team Jeda rules

Thank you.

Definition of collusion
    : secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose acting in collusion with the enemy
    collusively adverb

You just showed your ignorance of the English language. One, Shard chats are not secret and are open groups that everyone on the shard is welcome to join. Two, there is nothing illegal or deceitful in the purpose. The purpose is for harmony. Three, read my statement about snowflakes and apply this to your life.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting how people are talking about shard chats to coordinate payout times.

Isn't it obvious what everyone's payout times are? I don't really see why you need chat to do that, Of the 4 that always contest my payout we gernerally seem to avoid each other until we get down to the business end of the hour. Then it's a free for all. We are all capable of #1 but it's more fun to contest it without taking turns.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options

Team Jeda rules

Thank you.

Definition of collusion
    collusively adverb

You just showed your ignorance of the English language. One, Shard chats are not secret and are open groups that everyone on the shard is welcome to join. Two, there is nothing illegal or deceitful in the purpose. The purpose is for harmony. Three, read my statement about snowflakes and apply this to your life.

What is interesting is for a bunch of people not doing anything wrong, you guys sure do feel the need to defend those actions. I personally wouldnt reply to a thread if I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong. What would be the point of doing that???
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Keep wasting attempts.. lol. Shards are fine and most shards dont have teaming its just not hurting each others payout time, get a grip
  • Aley
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Rapid wrote: »
    Interesting how people are talking about shard chats to coordinate payout times.

Isn't it obvious what everyone's payout times are? I don't really see why you need chat to do that, Of the 4 that always contest my payout we gernerally seem to avoid each other until we get down to the business end of the hour. Then it's a free for all. We are all capable of #1 but it's more fun to contest it without taking turns.

We have at least one guy that tries to stay in first 24/7 on our shard, so nobody actually knows his real payout time and he falls under the DB category as he spends an ungodly amount on refreshes as his team is pretty easy to beat lol.
  • Options
    Rapid wrote: »

Isn't it obvious what everyone's payout times are?
    Generally. As been mentioned elsewhere in this topic, there are wild cards out there who either don't understand payouts, don't care, or are stuck burning battles at a non optimal time.

Arena cooperation (collusion is absolutely an innaccurate word) helps to mitigate those variables, and save time. No longer am I camping my screen, watching the clock, hoping I can take 1st with enough to time to win and hold, without being too late that somebody else grabbed it or the person in 1st locked themselves in combat. No longer do I need to worry about somebody doing the same to me.

In practice, this could mean less overall crystal income for the participants; it's possible that somebody who could always take 1st is now in a group of 4 and rotating spots, meaning they average a rank of 2.5. However, the former scenario isn't really guaranteed, and the latter is far less stressful. The choice is up to the player. I went for the more certain, and in my view, the more enjoyable route. If somebody else is happier rolling the dice and seeing what happens, well, best of luck.

That's just within payout. It's extremely beneficial to have a means of communication with others outside payout for myriad reasons.
  • Options

Team Jeda rules

Thank you.

Definition of collusion
    collusively adverb

What is interesting is for a bunch of people not doing anything wrong, you guys sure do feel the need to defend those actions. I personally wouldnt reply to a thread if I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong. What would be the point of doing that???

Well, some would say the point is to have an intelligent debate. Another point is that calling cooperative rivalry cheating is obviously just an attempt to goad other players.

Still others would say the point is that you are confusing the people who work together to stop the bullies and make arena more enjoyable for everyone with the people they are trying to stop.

In other words, what you call collusion is actually cooperation, at least in every shard chat I have seen. We work together to help everyone get the most value out of a game that uses arena rewards as currency. The only time anyone conspires, it's to stop trolls from attempting to ruin someone else's attempt at a higher rank.

So, if you are honestly confused about this, my point is to try and help people understand this concept

If you are being willfully ignorant, my point is you're not a very good troll if the end result Is the spread of knowledge, brotherhood, love and solidarity.

Happy Canada Day!
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options
    I have said the same thing since I joined the game, this isn't a new.thing for me to say collusion in arena is garbage.

The underlying issue is most believe they are entitled to those crystals and they are not. Furthermore, the bully targeting payoffs is doing NOTHING wrong within the game, yet the in crowds label him something negative and target him, because he doesn't agree. Who is actually the bully??? I am also fairly certain EA would rather have people spending on refreshing.

I am on record as saying why allow the opponents on an arena shard free access to resources to make their teams harder to beat. It is illogical.
This discussion has been closed.