Yoda Event

Replies

• Options
    For a time I was more mighty than even Yoda

lol
  • Options
    From patch notes:
    This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed.

So my guess is once a month.
  • Options
    Im f2p and im gonna unlock yoda, so only time will tell
  • Options
    :D
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Buddy... Let me see if I can set this straight, Yoda is attainable for EVERYONE. By the time you complete the challenge, you'll own your very own 5* Yoda.

The only real difference is who's going to do it faster than the other... Which in this case (unless you started your F2P Jesus first) whales will have the advantage... Not forever mind you but in the beginning.

EDIT: not Jesus... Jedi's
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »
    Well I'm thinking a lot of people will be dusting off their Darth Maul's exceptionally soon!!!

By the time maul moves Yoda will take 2 turns, he doesn't counter anything.
  • Options
    F2P-Jesus :-)

that would be very OP!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It will take about 1-2 runs of the event to unlock him, plus another 1-2 runs to 7*, depending how hard you focus. So, the whales will get an advantage mostly until the event comes again...
  • Options
    Maul dies before he can move
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    Well I'm thinking a lot of people will be dusting off their Darth Maul's exceptionally soon!!!

By the time maul moves Yoda will take 2 turns, he doesn't counter anything.

Your logic has an error. It implies Maul will move ;)
  • Options
    Luminara
    Consular
    Mace
    QGJ
    Eeth Koth
    Barriss
    Ahsoka (lol)
    Plo Koon (lol)

Are all farmable, and fairly easily too.

If you've been playing a couple months and don't have at least Lumi and consular 6 or 7*, you should've reconsidered your priorities anyways. I'm a whale, and those were 2 of my first characters pushed to max gear/stars/level, because of their usefulness in Light Side, GW and Cantina.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Go be honesg Lumi was useful in Arena too for a while
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    RIP F2P? - With that many brains for sure...
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Isnt the Foresight for 2 turns? That is what my game says?

Yes. And it disappears after the first attack.
  • ilyanor
    310 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm F2P and i play since november.. i'll unlock Yoda on sunday when i'll have Qui Gon at 5 stars.
    Lumi and consular maxed out since early january cause i need them to complete every day GWARS..
    I have Asoka at 6 stars because i was farming her in cantina since november, my only error even if now it seems a good decision (then i have farmed daka at 4* and Qui Gon at 120 frags since he was put in cantina)
    My only luck was to pull Windu in a bronzium pack in december, but he wasn't good enough to level and gear him.. I've strarted farming him when i've knew about the jedy event.. now i have him at 5 stars..
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    SfsJazz wrote: »
    Go look at Yoda in the characters. Should be at the very bottom

Well, ok, but does that really make him invulnerable? German description says he gets foresight for 2 rounds but I guess it will disappear after the first attack as usual.
  • Options
    I have to say that Yoda should be OP. Hes one of the most iconic Star Wars characters and the Grand Master. Hence the difficulty to acquire him.

Now in regards to the Poe issue, I'm glad they changed him up. The meta would have stalled if the proper changes weren't made. It was basically whose Poe goes first. I do agree that the notes stated otherwise regarding how Poe was to be handled. We are all in the same boat but really there is nothing to be done at this point.

You also have to remember that just because some characters are not useful now doesn't mean that won't change.
  • Options
    Wait is it 163 with QGJ buff or 163 without QGJs buff
  • Options
    you can get 5 5* jedi easy as an F2P there a lot of easily farmed Jedi
  • Options
    Boy, I can't wait to get my shards for my 2* stage, lol. Unless, I can acquire more credits and droids to promote and level my characters that's all I be getting this round. I feel a week notice was to short for something this BIG. I mean this is Yoda! I could see if this event was for some other character but, come on!
  • Options
    I guess Vader should be OP too since he's arguably more iconic than Yoda. GS should be useless since he isn't iconic.
  • Options
    Well only a week notice will probably make people more inclined to buy gems and card packs more frequently in order to farm Jedi characters. Money was clearly the motive for the short notice.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    People keep talking as if Poe suddenly turned into a pile of flying garbage. People are crazy.
  • Options
    Don't insult F2P guys. I don't like spending on IAP games as I consider it a scam and avoid such games. I'm spending here because one, Star Wars fan and two, I really like the game. Sucks that I can't be no 1 even after spending :lol: and I see quite a few F2P squads around my rank. Some of them seem to be doing better than me. In the long run, the better players will always win more. Their ROI will always be higher than the whales and guys like me.
  • Options
    No character should be OP. None. Ideally Stormtrooper should be competing with Vader.
  • Options
    Someone will always be OP. I'm sure it'll be someone new next week
  • Options
    I have finished #1 in the arena 6 times this week. I'm not playing Star Wars because of Poe. I want to replace him with Vader. I'm forced though to have him in my line up. That's bad.
  • Options
    It's funny how this place works!!! I remember just a few days ago hearing a similar conversation such as the one below....
    PeterPwn wrote: »
    If you are:

Over 50% health = Yoda is undamageable
    Under 50% health = you're stunned

How are you supposed to even hurt this guy until your entire team is almost dead?!

We could have switched Yoda for Poe and changed the words health for speed, now look what happened!!! In the end, I'd advise you to not chase meta because people get burned by it, how are those Poe and Bariss users doing these days?? Everyone will slowly get Yoda and the whales may have him tomorrow, no big deal, I'll adjust just like I always do. The Poe era didn't kill me, neither will the Yoda era.

More characters will be released to counter these new powerful players. Expect to see a good Dark Side hero make an appearance soon with Yoda coming out today, probably the Emperor Palpatine character, which will counter Yoda, seems logical. Anyway, the moral here is keep doing what you planned and balance will always be restored....
  • Options
    It's funny how this place works!!! I remember just a few days ago hearing a similar conversation such as the one below....
    PeterPwn wrote: »
    If you are:

Over 50% health = Yoda is undamageable
    Under 50% health = you're stunned

How are you supposed to even hurt this guy until your entire team is almost dead?!

We could have switched Yoda for Poe and changed the words health for speed, now look what happened!!! In the end, I'd advise you to not chase meta because people get burned by it, how are those Poe and Bariss users doing these days?? Everyone will slowly get Yoda and the whales may have him tomorrow, no big deal, I'll adjust just like I always do. The Poe era didn't kill me, neither will the Yoda era.

More characters will be released to counter these new powerful players. Expect to see a good Dark Side hero make an appearance soon with Yoda coming out today, probably the Emperor Palpatine character, which will counter Yoda, seems logical. Anyway, the moral here is keep doing what you planned and balance will always be restored....

And then they'll be an "era" of someone new who everyone can chase. Honestly just feels like a constant money grab by the devs by changing which characters are OP for the month.
  • Options
    Any chance in hell I can get yoda on this go around? I have no problem buying the new Jedi bundle as it will help. Just not sure if it will be enough. I am going to have to get creative to bridge the gap. Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks!!!

My team
    Lum 5*
    Qgj 4* but will buy the pack making him 5*
    JC 5*
    Ashoka 3* 20/30 shards buying pack will help but not get to 5*
    Eth koth locked but 40/50 shards
    Anakin locked but 4/8 shards. Buying will help but need to bridge the gap