Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• Shamud
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Ever since the fix that removed the pink blocks from ship battles, my ship battles are crashing 100% of the time. As far as I know, the pink fix didn't add any new ship content, so I can only assume that this is a bug. I'm running an iPhone 4s, which before the pink fix /was/ able to run ship battles.

Why is this happening? Anyone else experiencing this? Could it be fixed?
  • Options
    I have the same issue
  • Options
    @Vampire_X
    Please restore my thread called:
    'We have the same issue since 2016 NOV'
    Reason:
    The issue is since Nov 2016 and was around before the 7/3 patch came.
    (Not really patch 7/3 related)
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Can someone give us any news?!?!?! This is beyond frustrating! If it wasn't for my guild and leaving them hanging I would have uninstalled days ago.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Vampire_X
    Reason:
    Thanks in advance.

We are looking for all gameplay affecting issues for them to look at. Hopefully we will have more news soon.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    I've played on the same device since December 2015.

Simmed thousands of battles, completed over 6k Galatic war nodes, fought over 2500 arena battles, farmed almost 90-7* characters, spent over $1,000 dollars. Now because of the update everything I've farmed, all the money I've spent, all the time it took me to get to where I am today..has become useless, wasted and ruined.

My iPad 2 iOS 9.3.5 doesn't work anymore on this game. A dev responded to me saying I have a low spec device and that's why my ships keep crashing. But what I wanna know from you devs is why am I crashing now in character arena, Galatic wars and simming tickets between light and Darkside battle? I have been able to play everything on this game except for ship battles yet now because of this horrible update I can't. Uninstall/reinstall the game doesn't work. Wiping my iPad clean and starting fresh doesn't work. Clearing cache doesn't work. Nothing...absolutely nothing you devs say to do works.

Just be honest and fix whatever it is you developers have done because there are a lot of people complaining about this update and their game crashing. It's been a week now and so many people have complained about crashing that you decided to merge the crash threads. I mean come on already or is this gonna be like the Galatic war thread that was merged and ignored?

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon @Vampire_X @CG_NotReallyAJedi @CG_RyDiggs
  • Anita88888
    19 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Post edited by Anita88888 on
  • Options
    Having similar problems.
    Ship battles crashing right away.
    Other game mode features crash randomly but much more frequently since the update.

Running on iPad mini iOS 9.3.5.
    Which is the latest software update for this device.

I would much rather have bugs fixed than new buggy content released.

It's like the new software isn't tested on multiple OS platforms.

Anyway the update was applied using Wi-Fi.
    Have not tried the uninstall and reinstall because other iOS users reporting that didn't help any.

Finally this crashing happens when swgoh is the only game running. So 2 GB RAM should be enough to run the game, right?

Other games are running just fine.

Only swgoh game crashes while playing.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    @Vampire_X
    Reason:
    Thanks in advance.

We are looking for all gameplay affecting issues for them to look at. Hopefully we will have more news soon.

That sounds promising.

The reason of my request is that the data of that particular issue is divided in several posts which are now hard to find.

I would be happy if it is fixed soon, it caused loooot of pain for me... ...And resources as well.
    *Champaignes are ready*
  • Shamud
    4 posts Member
    Options
    device: iphone 4s
    This has occured both when connected to Wifi and when using Data
    Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled
    Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the issue

My freehand explanation of the issue: "Ever since the fix that removed the pink blocks from ship battles, my ship battles are crashing 100% of the time."
  • Options
    I run IOS 9.3.5 And have an iphone 4s
    I can't play ships at all on the phone -they always crash.
    Thank goodness I also have an ipad and it works on that.
  • Options
    Android marshmallow
    Leeco 1s eco
    3gb ram
    Game lags a bit
    Occasionally crashes
  • Dargor
    1 posts Member
    Options
    After the recent update, the game crashes on every ship battle, including fleet arena, ship challenges. Incredibly frustrating. Worked fine until recent update - no crashing issues.

Device: Nexus 7
    Using Wifi
    Yes - uninstalled and reinstalled. Didn't fix the issue.
  • darthnshift
    12 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello, developers. I'm a long-time player, who stumbled upon SWGOH in December 2015 while looking for a game in play in my iPad2. I have since then played faithfully, and even dropped cash here and there even on a tight budget, to give back to the game.

I understand that playing on an old device will come with a fair share of performance issues. For example, when Ships were released, they immediately became a test of patience: game severely slows down, and crashed ~75% of the time. I chalked it up to yes, having an old device, so I focused on other areas of the game instead, thereby falling behind in the Zeta arms race, and consequently everywhere else - Arena, Raid, GW, etc. Imagine: I was/am stuck using Wiggs as the meta rolled to Zeta Qui-Gon, then to Zader, then to Zaul, to triple cleansers, and I guess now, Resistance?

(It isn't worth it grabbing a new iOS device. I find that Android phones offer so much bang for my buck than iPhones would, and there's not point (at least at this time) to replace an otherwise still very useful iPad.)

You guys pleasantly surprised me earlier this year when one of the game updates somehow made the performance better. The crash rate of my ship battles went down to around 50%, and Arena and Raid battles didn't require me to restart after 1 battle to avoid slow downs or crashes. Thank you for that. It got me excited again, as I was able to get into the Zeta arms race, and after months of free falling to as low as 120s in the Arena, I clawed back to the top 20 recently (with my ever-present Wiggs supported by R2, Kenobi, and Rex).

However, the last big update clearly introduced a degraded game performance. Ship battles are now crashing 100%, and my Raid, Arena and GW are not just slowing down - they're crashing too. One time, in an attempt to post damage in a raid, it took me over an hour (at least 8 crashes) to get my Jawa-Droid team on the board. I don't know if it's a combination of my lineup, raid, etc. - it was the worst string of crashes I had in a raid.

Please, guys. I've spent considerable amounts of time and money (not as much as your big spenders, but I try) in this game, and SW has a soft spot in my heart, as it's been my childhood thing (born in '77 and a few days ahead of A New Hope!). All I ask is to spend a little development time on optimizing performance. I'm a software engineer - I know it's nowhere near as cool as working on new content and features, but you know the best code is a truly high-performing code. Please, and thank you.

• Petro
    21 posts Member
    Options
    @Carth_Onassi1973 yep it's me, virtually unplayable at times after update, needs to be addressed
  • Options
    @Petro I hear you, brother. That's unfortunate.

@Vampire_X thank you for the announcement. Apologies for getting frustrated, but it's inly because we love the game.
  • Snaggletruth
    105 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If u scan through the bugs you'll see a lot of apple users (I've noted ipad2, iPad Air, iPhone 6) are experiencing bad lag and crashes in battles and espcially ships. In my case it is often unplayable eg 1 minute wait Per reinforcement. restarting the iPads
  • Options
    Does not help. Bug started after latest update.
    Please make this a priority as it is affecting many apple users.
    Cheers, snaggles
  • Thok
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Agree big time. Has happened since last update in ship arena battles when reinforcements get called. It hangs on the flashing 'alert: reinforcements.' Can sometimes get it to resume slowly by going to iOS home screen and back but happens again if another reinforcement is called.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    After playing for over a year and a half, spending money, farmed close to 90-7* characters all I can really say is that I'm extremely upset about update from 6/30. I'll crash 3 times just trying to access Darkside battles just to sim tickets. Literally the only thing I can do is collect energy.

I can't do arena, I can't do ships, I can't do Galatic wars, I can't do nothing. Really disappointed with this game and the update. I'm really disappointed that this has been going on for over a week and still isn't fixed.

All I can say is that this doesn't look good for IOS users like myself. The only tip the devs are giving is to uninstall and reinstall the game...which doesn't even help.

For a whole week to go by, nothing fixed with the constant crashing, reading their road ahead posts and seeing the useless reinstall tip makes me believe that my time and money spent on this game is now useless and worthless. Nothing to do now but move on and forget about ever playing this game unless I get me a new device. I'll probably end up going back to playing PC games.

Like seriously... these crashing issues for iOS users? I mean it's been over a week already.
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
  • noizer
    86 posts Member
    Options
    I cannot fight on arenas or ships. The battles doesnt end since 3 days in iOS 10
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    Running a pixel XL with latest Google android OS.

Freeze-delays of up to 4/5 seconds when playing at 4X speed in ships. -- I haven't had a flat out unrecoverable crash yet though.

Also, character icons randomly remain blank for half a second or so in all areas, character list, mods page, arena opponent select screen --- it seems like my game is trying to download the images one at a time ?? (Obviously it isn't, but that's the best way to describe it)
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @JediMindTricks oh my god, brother....

It's been terrible. But, I have to have faith that @Vampire_X gave us good info that the devs are looking into the crash issues and hopefully this will be resolved very quickly.

Like I said, I love the game. I imagine we all do...we wouldn't be here if we didn't, nor would we be playing for over a year and half either lol.

I'm just glad the SWGOH family is circling the wagons and voicing the same concerns, as it makes me feel better that im not the only one with this problem. Misery, indeed loves company.

I'll get hot under the collar and blow my stack every once and a while, but I have to come back and apologize when I do. That's dark side Carth. Light side Carth is sweet and caring. And his favorite color is blue and enjoys long, romantic walks on the beach, searching for a hyperdrive repair so he can get to the Star Forge to stop Lord Malak.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hopefully more information will come during the week upcoming. Its frustrating when the game is not working as expected.

Some problems when they are not effecting the entire device community can take longer to diagnose. I know that answer can seem harsh or vague but is honest.

On a side note Another data point that can help is your ally code, development asked for this on another social site thread.
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Since the latest update i am unable to load up my game as it stays stuck at the loading screen for ages. My phone is the droid 2 and i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times but it still does not work.
  • Options
    @Trevor1996 my guild mate told me to uninstall the game, shut the device off, turn it on, reinstall the game and open the app.

It's not perfect, but it's playable now. Moreso than before.
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    EDIT: never mind. My first three ship battles crashed the game.
  • Options
    iPhone 5S
    iOS 10.3.2 (14F89)
    Both mobile and WiFi
    Did not reinstall

Ship Arena battles crashing app, framerate issues in ship battles, red screen on startup

Lose about 1-2 ship battles a day due to crashes and timeouts due to framerate
  • Options
    @Carth_Onassi1973 unfortunately that didn't work :disappointed: ... very frustrating that I'm missing out on building up my teams especially with how close i was to completing a droid team for HAAT