How do so many people have so many g11 toons?

Prev134
I do not get how so many people have so many g11 toons! I mean for the past three weeks, I have tried to get at least my arena team maxed out on gear and it has taken forever. What tactics and techniques do you guys use to help along with the gear grind?

(Not a complaint thread about the gear grind, I have no problems with it. But I just want help with the techniques people are using in order to speed up the process because I have a lot of work to do when it comes to getting toons to AT LEAST g11)

Replies

• Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    A combination of things are the building blocks to the top collection scores:

1. Grindy Players since 2015 Launch active since Day 1
    2. Smart Buys/Use of Crystals
    3. Highest Raid Difficulty rewards since raids started/combined with active guilds that get max guild rewards every other day for Rancor and every 3 days for Tank.
  • Options
    Buy gear from shop
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »

3. Highest Raid Difficulty rewards since raids started/combined with active guilds that get max guild rewards every other day for Rancor and every 3 days for Tank.

I mean I have been getting both raids for like 6 months now, but like everyone, you never seem to get what you need (I got like 400 furnaces, but always short of stun cuffs and guns)

I also recently have just been getting toward the top of arena at times, so I try to save up every 2-3 days to buy guns (right now) but still has taken a while to get to that point
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Also, it's fair to say anyone with an 85% + collection score on swgoh.gg is over $5,000+ USD invested/spent into the game

- Lots of wealthy and/or irresponsible adults play this game ;)
  • Lebowski1345
    79 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Also, it's fair to say anyone with an 85% + collection score on swgoh.gg is over $5,000+ USD invested/spent into the game

Fair point haha, I wish I could be one of them sometimes
  • Options

Hi, 82.84% collection score, have not spent a dime. I guess I'm just below the $5000 group ;)
  • Options

Hi, 82.84% collection score, have not spent a dime. I guess I'm just below the $5000 group ;)

Props to you! Congrats! Any tips on what got you there?
  • Options

There are many ways to artificially inflate your Swgoh.gg collection score ;)
  • Options

There are many ways to artificially inflate your Swgoh.gg collection score ;)

Hey Gebutter! So true, i have a lot of 7* gear7 nobodies, and only a few full squads of gear 11.

My only advise is the obvious, do your dailes, guild activities, collect all the bonus energy, and bronziums bronziums bronziums. Milk it dry.
    Focus on gearing/leveling one or a few toons at a time, and take any shard you can get.
  • Options
    was either vaults or bronzium packs one of them is responsible for the 119 g11 toons
  • crzydroid
    7339 posts Moderator
    Options
    I will trade you all my scanners for your furnaces.

• DRV
    173 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Skip hard node shard farming for a week or two. Spend all energy farming gear. You can farm a set of cuffs or a stun gun in that time. Same with fleet shipments. Stop buying ship/character shards/zetas for a few days if you're in a rush to finish a piece.
    Post edited by DRV on
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

The only thing I would add is smart play in general. Set smart goals and stick to them.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »

The only thing I would add is smart play in general. Set smart goals and stick to them.

Yeah untill an event comes along and makes you put your plans on hold ;)
  • Options
    Grinding!
  • Options
    Stick to an arena squad and build them do not get distracted.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

Yeah untill an event comes along and makes you put your plans on hold ;)

Well, only change your plans for special toons. Like if they drop thrawn on us with little time to farm. Otherwise, stick as close to plans as possible.
  • Options
    Here is how I farm gear I do one hard light side node and one hard dark side node 3 times each day and then I use my 3, 50 Chrystal normal energy refreshes and I use them so I have 200 plus energy when I make a purchase of energy then I sim for gear in groups of 20 this seems to give me the best luck especially with stun cuffs. With this technique I can get between 10 and 20 (20 only if I am very lucky) a day. I am completely F2P and regularly score inn the top 20 of arena I hope this helps :)
  • Options
    DRV wrote: »
    Skip hard node shard farming for a week or two. Spend all energy farming gear. You can farm a set of cuffs or a stun gun in a couple days. Same with fleet shipments. Stop buying ship/character shards/zetas for a few days if you're in a rush to finish a piece.

A stun gun in a couple of days? What node do you farm that drops 25 stun gun salvage in a day? Not to mention the 50 carbantis you need to go along with it.
  • Options
    well I can usually get a gun or cuff in three or four days of farming and that is what it takes to get a Carbanti free for the daily challenges
  • Options
    Wait till you have to gear gk to 11 you will go insane!
  • Options
    Prob do 50 carb in a week
  • Options
    well I can usually get a gun or cuff in three or four days of farming and that is what it takes to get a Carbanti free for the daily challenges

3 or 4 is not a couple.
  • Options
    And thats getting from fleet,challenge,and donations with all daily 50 refreshes farming!
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    Options

Not that I have a right to offer my opinion (I haven't even reached max level yet, lol), but I think that is the key. Once I figured out which toons I need, focus farmed them, focus geared them, and modded them based on research, my growth rate in the game skyrocketed. If you have a good plan in this game, you will get farther faster whether you are f2p or a whale.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Funny some people telling you to normal farm, actually, I think that the best technique is to farm hard nodes for cuffs, guns, merr son mkV balls, etc, and all you need, the good side of only farming in difficult nodes is that there is always 2-3 items you might need, so for example DS mission 7-C has PLO kloon, stun guns and merr son balls, so I farm that one, both DS and LS 9-C have the beloved yellow pieces each that you need, as well as something else, so farm them and you get shards for baze and that new ship, and so on with cuffs, you have DS 8-B that just gives so many good things, etc, so farming all of them daily will never get you a cuff or a gun in 3 days, but in 4 weeks time, you'll have around 40 salvage of each one, more or less, so thinking that there is at least 2 nodes for guns(my chore) I'll have a full gun, then about 1'5 cuff, plus one cheddak mk VI used along with cuffs, and all those shards for toons you'll need at some point.

Sorry for the long post but that's my thought and it works very well,
    PS: buy every holoprojector you see in shipments, for crystals or credits, always needed ^_^ gold gear and mk 10 lenses are quite cheap compared to the farm they need.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    DRV wrote: »
    Skip hard node shard farming for a week or two. Spend all energy farming gear. You can farm a set of cuffs or a stun gun in a couple days. Same with fleet shipments. Stop buying ship/character shards/zetas for a few days if you're in a rush to finish a piece.

A stun gun in a couple of days? What node do you farm that drops 25 stun gun salvage in a day? Not to mention the 50 carbantis you need to go along with it.

3 or 4 is not a couple.

I edited my post to remove the word "couple."
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys! Yeah I'm just worried about getting a deeper roster. Want to be more of an asset to my guild, have more options with everything coming up. Also tough because I am also saving a bunch of stuff just in case Jedi luke is needed and you need ewoks or something crazy.

I will try some of these techniques and see what works!
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Arena is your key. Especially with g11 as most of the haat gear is better to buy for crystals rather than farm from nodes
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Also, keep in mind that establishing communication with your arena mates can help a lot if you have team that can get you to top5.
This discussion has been closed.