How do so many people have so many g11 toons?

Replies

• Options
    Cloud24 wrote: »
    HOW: ARENA COLLUSION

How do you know if the people who "collude" don't already have plenty of crystals already lol.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I do not get how so many people have so many g11 toons! I mean for the past three weeks, I have tried to get at least my arena team maxed out on gear and it has taken forever. What tactics and techniques do you guys use to help along with the gear grind?

(Not a complaint thread about the gear grind, I have no problems with it. But I just want help with the techniques people are using in order to speed up the process because I have a lot of work to do when it comes to getting toons to AT LEAST g11)

Its called P2P.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    Also, it's fair to say anyone with an 85% + collection score on swgoh.gg is over $5,000+ USD invested/spent into the game

- Lots of wealthy and/or irresponsible adults play this game ;)

My collection score is over 90, have spent no where close to 5K. Pretty much avoid chromiums (and other overpriced items) and use crystals wisely while playing daily.
  • Options
    Hi I've got a fair share of g11 character, over 82% completion score and honestly my arena team only carries 2 g11 in it l. I've been smart with crystals earned and I've spent maybe 350 in the past 6 months. 0 before that. I'm a day 1 player. And truthfully didn't have decent thi MG s until I joined this guild. It takes time and patience. I collected all the toons I wanted first. Now I only hard farm baze, shore, ghost and phantom. The other energy I spend is all on gear. I've been trying to bump arena squad up lately. I'm running Zadar g11, ep g12 shore g10 tfp g9 and dn g8. I rank 150s on an old shard. 6* thrawn will replace ep soon as he is g9. That should break me into the top 100
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    I'm a 100% F2P since day 1 with a 7 star Thrawn

Also, lol @ collection scores, if you're wasting credits on leveling and starring toons that you can't gear you're doing it wrong

Day one launch? If so, you're probably in a different league than other ftp. I'm guessing you gave most, if not all of the heroes from the different shops already farmed, had some varying currency banked, and could convert all of that to shard shop currency, if you hadn't already. Most other ftp couldn't do that as fast as you.

Also, leveling toons without the gear and ability mats just to pad collection score is wrong. A wise man once told me that if you have all the toons then you'll never miss out on the meta. I'm certainly not at 100% or even page one. But I level my toons to a certain extent and use whatever spare gear I have as a just in case measure. You know, if we happen to need our whole roster when new content comes out. That type of thing.
  • Gavsta
    203 posts Member
    Options
    I have a few GXI toons. About 25+. Mainly due to:
    1.gearing up all the easier geared toons
    2.focussing energy on gear when working on a team - such as clones right now. All energy/guild shipments/fleet shipments are going on gear. Taken near 2 weeks to get to GX, just finishing them off. Will move onto gearing my misc toons like Wiggs, Chaze, B2...etc next whilst farming up a Finn and Trooper for a resistance team.
    3. Focus on teams, rather than jumping ship for the latest fad. It works in the long run. I always struggled in the Empire Military Might event... now my clones walk thru it with hardly a scratch!
    4. Look at forums/videos about best value and return in resources. I was scatter gunnin my resources and strugglin to develop... a bit of research has helped me apply a bit of focus and efficient use of resource as an FTP player.
  • Options
    I'm a 100% F2P since day 1 with a 7 star Thrawn

Also, lol @ collection scores, if you're wasting credits on leveling and starring toons that you can't gear you're doing it wrong

Gear doesnt need much credits, and credits don't help get gear.

It takes relative little credits to star up a toon to 7* and level them ~60-65. They seem to gear themselves to gear8, then they can wait on purple ability mats, which is even more a bottleneck now with zetas.

My goal is to unlock and level up all toons, so to me any upgrade is a good upgrade. I am not trying to inflate a collection score so can brag, I just want all the toons.

So yeah I'm playing wrong. You do it your way, I'll do it my way thank you.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    A combination of things are the building blocks to the top collection scores:

1. Grindy Players since 2015 Launch active since Day 1
    2. Smart Buys/Use of Crystals
    3. Highest Raid Difficulty rewards since raids started/combined with active guilds that get max guild rewards every other day for Rancor and every 3 days for Tank.

whoa @Stormy Haven't seen you post in ages! Welcome back! Or have you just been lurking?
  • Options
    "Collection score" is a made up worthless number

When people here complain about the "credit crunch", I laugh, go look through the garbage you leveled that you can't use because its at gear 7, level 85, 7 stars

Collection score is ridiculous for the majority of F2P players and gives almost no indication at how good there roster is for arena, raids, GW, etc...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

When people here complain about the "credit crunch", I laugh, go look through the garbage you leveled that you can't use because its at gear 7, level 85, 7 stars

Collection score is ridiculous for the majority of F2P players and gives almost no indication at how good there roster is for arena, raids, GW, etc...

maybe it will be a somewhat good indication for territory battles, but i doubt it ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

maybe it will be a somewhat good indication for territory battles, but i doubt it ;)

Who knows, I will wait first :)

I am running low right now on credits, down to 85 million, I usually have around 100, I can bring up 13 more toons to 7 stars right now, but no point, better to wait and see and not waste even low gear in them

Maybe I should do it to increase my Collection score, lol
  • Options
    The simple answer
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    e907a5511651ab368c3c0498989bc2da.gif
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I mean I have been getting both raids for like 6 months now, but like everyone, you never seem to get what you need (I got like 400 furnaces, but always short of stun cuffs and guns)

I also recently have just been getting toward the top of arena at times, so I try to save up every 2-3 days to buy guns (right now) but still has taken a while to get to that point

Players who have gotten top ranks in the arena longer (more often) than you have naturally earned more crystals than you to buy more gear and refreshes than you. Crystals are the most important currency in the game.

The Rancor was introduced a year ago. Some people have completed it twice as many times (or more) than you and hence received more gear, credits and guild currency than you.

The morale? Patience, young padawan. You will have more g11 toons as time goes by.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

3. Highest Raid Difficulty rewards since raids started/combined with active guilds that get max guild rewards every other day for Rancor and every 3 days for Tank.

whoa @Stormy Haven't seen you post in ages! Welcome back! Or have you just been lurking?

The game is hard to produce valuable content for, so I've pulled back from visiting the forums. I'll drop in once a week and see what the recent posts are, but thats about it- generally nothing to pull my interest to click on.

Play on!
  • Options
    You have to spend some $$ if you plan on speeding up a bit. Otherwise, it's a long process of grinding. And being in a good guild helps with getting higher tier items. Currently, I'm in the top 5-8 of my guild so I get decent gear each time.
    Legion
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    @Lebowski1345 - Hopefully my comments served as a means to draw more detailed responses out of people who are heavy grinders/hoarders, on how to invest into a larger collection, without spending. Hopefully you got the answers you were looking for ;) keep enjoying the game!
  • Options
    If you can make top 5 or better in arena you can start buying gear.

If you are in a top 100-200 guild or better, you are getting lots of raid rewards multiple times a week.

If you are in a shard chat for your arena shard, not only can you place better but you can get an idea of what you need to farm and what works well or doesn't work at all on defense.

If Arena is struggling you more than likely have more of a mod issue than a gear issue.

Solid mods can make up for a gear level and a star or two for your squad.
  • Options
    Personally, on my old account, I basically am running regular AAT and H Rancor. Combined with finishing in garbage positions, it means for slow and steady progress.
    Legion
  • Options
    It's way more about luck than actual grind. Game is deciding itself if you'll get useful stuff from raids and thus allow you to gear properly your toons, or not.
    Too much RNG if you want my two cents, not being able to trade most components is something that's really missing in this game.
  • Options
    Wushuguy wrote: »
    Personally, on my old account, I basically am running regular AAT and H Rancor. Combined with finishing in garbage positions, it means for slow and steady progress.

Position doesn't affect that much what you'll get. Only top 3 gets more gear, everything else is more about money and currency than actual raid gear quality or quantity.
  • Options

You're right, it means little. It's a whaling barometer. But some people like to have fun with it so let them.
  • Options
    This thread blew up and has a lot of different topics going on. Did not expect that! But lots of good information in here, both about getting toons to g11 and the game in general! Thanks everyone!
  • DarthTadeusV
    159 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

And the most important fact... WHALES
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    tumblr_lld7dx2Zj61qdsvybo1_500.jpg
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    Also, it's fair to say anyone with an 85% + collection score on swgoh.gg is over $5,000+ USD invested/spent into the game

Not really true - I am 100% FTP with a collectors score of 92.5 and 95 x 7* characters:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/sarryen/

Having said that though, swgoh.gg gives the same weighting to levels and stars as it does to gear, so it is easy to get quite a high collectors score by levelling and starring up your whole collection first.

I only have 25 x g11 characters and hence my collectors score won't increase much now until I get more at higher gear.

Gear is definitely the major bottleneck for everyone now.

100% FTP with a 6* Thrawn? There's some people on this thread that are completely full of kitten. lol

Lol. 6* Thrawn is/was easy to get FTP. However, I do think he's full of kitten regarding being 100% FTP.

Edit:
    Should have finished scrolling down to see a few have already corrected your misguided post. Same as the comment about spending $5k. Perhaps that's just what you did.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Vault up anat.
  • Options

You forgot guild hopping
  • Options

Hi, 82.84% collection score, have not spent a dime. I guess I'm just below the $5000 group ;)

sure you are
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    G11 is tough. I usually buy the gear I need from shipments. If I get lucky with raid drops, I avoid spending it unless I absolutely need to. Look up what gear your characters will need, and save them. I had 5 sets of cuffs saved up (took a couple months) for Chirrut. You can farm, as other people have suggested, but with an average of 2 cuffs per refresh, I find shard farming much more rewarding.
    Arena is key for this strategy. Your best mods should be on your arena team. Speed is key. Try to see if your arena has a shard. This will make your life so much easier.
    And if you're feeling discouraged because you're not doing as good as other FTP on the forums, don't worry about. They are probably full of it, since apparently every FTP person on here has a 7* Thrawn.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
This discussion has been closed.