How do so many people have so many g11 toons?

124Next

Replies

• Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    G11 is tough. I usually buy the gear I need from shipments. If I get lucky with raid drops, I avoid spending it unless I absolutely need to. Look up what gear your characters will need, and save them. I had 5 sets of cuffs saved up (took a couple months) for Chirrut. You can farm, as other people have suggested, but with an average of 2 cuffs per refresh, I find shard farming much more rewarding.
    Arena is key for this strategy. Your best mods should be on your arena team. Speed is key. Try to see if your arena has a shard. This will make your life so much easier.
    And if you're feeling discouraged because you're not doing as good as other FTP on the forums, don't worry about. They are probably full of it, since apparently every FTP person on here has a 7* Thrawn.

I'm ftp and have a 7* thrawn. Bragging left aside, being a day one ftp isn't the same as being a 2017 ftp. There are also other things to consider, like where you are /have been on arena, your resource management, your strategy or goals, etc.

Of course, back to topic, gear XI, at least at the beginning, is mostly bought with crystals. When it just came out, I used every crystal I could to buy the gear for my arena team, and of course being on a guild that does haat helps.
  • Options
    I do everything I can, and after 7 months solid play, have only a few characters at tier 9 mods. WAY TOO hard to go higher.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    I do everything I can, and after 7 months solid play, have only a few characters at tier 9 mods. WAY TOO hard to go higher.

Does your guild do heroic pit raids thrice a week? That will definately help you get past g9.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »

It just takes time. Don't stress, just plan.
  • Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Stormy wrote: »
    Also, it's fair to say anyone with an 85% + collection score on swgoh.gg is over $5,000+ USD invested/spent into the game

- Lots of wealthy and/or irresponsible adults play this game ;)

Hi, 82.84% collection score, have not spent a dime. I guess I'm just below the $5000 group ;)

sure you are

83.91% now :p

Again, as many have already stated in this very thread, collection score is just that, a collection score, its not.a measurement of how much money spent or how viable your toons are for arena or raids.

So if you can't believe ive not spent any money on this so be it. I'm using a broken phone on a guest account with no idea what the password is for the google account with the expired matercard is. I couldnt spend money if I wanted to, and believe me with all the time ive wasted on this I would like to spend some money.
    When I get a new phone I'll see about transferring my game to another device. If they can transfer accross platforms and a third party swgoh.gg can sync up I have hopes...

But this is really off topic and nothing to do with gear 11. So I'll go back to farming phoenix shards so I'll be ready to upgrade my 5* thrawn when he comes back.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Also, it's fair to say anyone with an 85% + collection score on swgoh.gg is over $5,000+ USD invested/spent into the game

I'm at 87.47 being f2p. Just know how to play the swgoh.gg collection score game :D.

• Options

It's fair to say anyone who has more than 60 g11 toons and 115 7* toons has spent $5k . I know a couple of guys with collection scores ~70 that fall into that category. The only time a collection score will indicate money spent is when you're at that 96/97% + level. Anything less can be doctored by just leveling and low gearing everyone. The other indicators are all those g11s will be max gear, not just the bare minimum to get them to g11.

But in general, collection score doesn't mean much.
  • Options
    I believe not everyone actually realizes how much they have spent lifetime. When I was looking into a refund when they completely broke the game with mod rollout, I had to go back and look and was surprised, and believe lots of others would be if they added it all up. 106 bucks repeatedly adds up........
This discussion has been closed.