How do so many people have so many g11 toons?

Replies

• onk
    317 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    My guild has started Heroic Rancor and with that alone I see how much easier it is going to be to gear my characters. I can only imagine once we are on Heroic ATT.
  • Options
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Arena is your key. Especially with g11 as most of the haat gear is better to buy for crystals rather than farm from nodes
    Also, keep in mind that establishing communication with your arena mates can help a lot if you have team that can get you to top5.

I already have, great group of guys. I can take 1st, just depends on the day. Usually for sure get top 10 unless real life gets in the way and I can't climb before payout
  • Options
    My guild has started Heroic Rancor and with that alone I see how much easier it is going to be to gear my characters. I can only imagine once we are on Heroic ATT.

Not to burst your bubble, but it's a yes and no type of thing. Sometimes you get gear you need, usually you just get more challenge gear. You don't get cuffs or guns like you can in hpit. If they would drop the challenge gear for cuffs, guns, and carbantis, I'd be very happy.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Kissycat wrote: »

Not to burst your bubble, but it's a yes and no type of thing. Sometimes you get gear you need, usually you just get more challenge gear. You don't get cuffs or guns like you can in hpit. If they would drop the challenge gear for cuffs, guns, and carbantis, I'd be very happy.

Yes, most of the time, the expected yellow gears are not dropped and you only have challenge gears of Mk4 holo projo. I could maybe used the AAT rewards in 2 or 3 places until now, most of the time I have to get them through battle nodes or buy them.
  • Options
    I do not get how so many people have so many g11 toons! I mean for the past three weeks, I have tried to get at least my arena team maxed out on gear and it has taken forever. What tactics and techniques do you guys use to help along with the gear grind?

(Not a complaint thread about the gear grind, I have no problems with it. But I just want help with the techniques people are using in order to speed up the process because I have a lot of work to do when it comes to getting toons to AT LEAST g11)

Farm vaults.
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    Also, it's fair to say anyone with an 85% + collection score on swgoh.gg is over $5,000+ USD invested/spent into the game

- Lots of wealthy and/or irresponsible adults play this game ;)

Possible. My collection score is 80.38 and I've not spent above $100 and I've been playing for a while
  • Options
    Also, it's fair to say anyone with an 85% + collection score on swgoh.gg is over $5,000+ USD invested/spent into the game

Possible. My collection score is 80.38 and I've not spent above $100 and I've been playing for a while

Collection scores can be inflated. The true test is how many 7* and g11 toons you have.
  • AKS
    81 posts Member
    Options

Collection scores can be inflated. The true test is how many 7* and g11 toons you have.

True story.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Arena is your key. Especially with g11 as most of the haat gear is better to buy for crystals rather than farm from nodes

^ this.
    Raids help, specially if you rank high, but nothing beats arena as far as quick progression (g11's) goes.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options

good luck with that.

I think the elephant in the room is mk 5 droid callers. I'm certain there's been a change in how the game gives you those. I've won every NAAT/Heroic rancor our guild has ever done and I honestly don't think I've got any mk 5 droid callers in the last 30 raids, no kidding.

I'd love to get a dev response to that. @CG_Kozispoon have you guys changed the frequency of mk5 droid caller drops? or is it because this is the essentially the only gear I really need and the game is smart enough to know that? I think people on other threads have mentioned that before.

• IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    Options

@Stormy My score is actually 85.81 and I spend around 700 since december 2015
  • Options
    One thing I find helpful is just focus on 2 or 3 characters at a time and not try to gear 10 characters at once. Having smaller focus enables you to gear quicker I find.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options

Not really true - I am 100% FTP with a collectors score of 92.5 and 95 x 7* characters:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/sarryen/

Having said that though, swgoh.gg gives the same weighting to levels and stars as it does to gear, so it is easy to get quite a high collectors score by levelling and starring up your whole collection first.

I only have 25 x g11 characters and hence my collectors score won't increase much now until I get more at higher gear.

Gear is definitely the major bottleneck for everyone now.
  • Options
    Rapid wrote: »

good luck with that.

I think the elephant in the room is mk 5 droid callers. I'm certain there's been a change in how the game gives you those. I've won every NAAT/Heroic rancor our guild has ever done and I honestly don't think I've got any mk 5 droid callers in the last 30 raids, no kidding.

I'd love to get a dev response to that. @CG_Kozispoon have you guys changed the frequency of mk5 droid caller drops? or is it because this is the essentially the only gear I really need and the game is smart enough to know that? I think people on other threads have mentioned that before.

I buy droid callers from shard shop. After you have most of the bronzium toons 7* getting shard currency is no problem. That why earlier I posted bronzium bronzium bronzium. ;)
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Farm vaults.

^^^ this player knows
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Rapid wrote: »

good luck with that.

I buy droid callers from shard shop. After you have most of the bronzium toons 7* getting shard currency is no problem. That why earlier I posted bronzium bronzium bronzium. ;)

Yeah I'm not quite there yet with my collection unfortunately. Also I wasn't sure if it was a good way to spend shard shop currency when shard shop makes elite toons accessible to players like me. I was planning on saving a stupid amount to be able to star up the next game changing toon (who knows if luke will come out at 3 star....).

• Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    Sarryen wrote: »

Not really true - I am 100% FTP with a collectors score of 92.5 and 95 x 7* characters:

Having said that though, swgoh.gg gives the same weighting to levels and stars as it does to gear, so it is easy to get quite a high collectors score by levelling and starring up your whole collection first.

I only have 25 x g11 characters and hence my collectors score won't increase much now until I get more at higher gear.

100% FTP with a 6* Thrawn? There's some people on this thread that are completely full of ****. lol
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options

100% FTP with a 6* Thrawn? There's some people on this thread that are completely full of ****. lol

I did not spend any money to get 6* thrawn, just took many of my saved coins from all shops and 2 cantina refreshes a day from my saved crystals, 6* Thrawn it's not a sign of spending money, just clever farming, I did the same ^_^
    @Stormy
    I have a tiny roster but still 6* thrawn and I had him gear XI in a week ;-D
    https://swgoh.gg/u/tofumao/
  • Options
    For me it was simply just buying gear, that helps speed things up
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options

to be fair there were several guys that claimed to have him at 7 star FTP. They posted their strategy on threads on here. It included a huge amount saved in the shard shop (hence my post above). I wish I had thrawn at 7 stars, then I'd change my team from classic Rex to empire.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

@Stormy , you don't believe 100% f2p players can have a 6* thrawn? If so, that would rather funny.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • kalidor
    2124 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Persistence and focus, with some help from a few Daily Crystal Boosters and a little luck from raids. Gearing heroes above G8 means planning ahead, and using swgoh.gg's gear lists for heroes that you're planning to take to 11 really helps. I'm working on my 20th G11 now and that's purely from focusing on 1 or 2 g9 or g10 heroes at a time. I still gear up backburner heroes from g1-8 when I can. I also save up for certain gear that's hard to get. The 750cr gold orbs are a favourite purchase of mine, as are the 1250cr MerrSonns. I buy all cuffs and guns from fleet, where I regularly place top 20 and sometimes top 5.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I'm a 100% F2P since day 1 with a 7 star Thrawn

Also, lol @ collection scores, if you're wasting credits on leveling and starring toons that you can't gear you're doing it wrong
  • Options
    Been here a long time, in very good guilds. Spent some cash too, although it's a three-figure spend not a four-figure one!!
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Also, keep in mind that establishing communication with your arena mates can help a lot if you have team that can get you to top5.

I already have, great group of guys. I can take 1st, just depends on the day. Usually for sure get top 10 unless real life gets in the way and I can't climb before payout

Good, that is the most important. As soon as you can focus 1-3 toons at a time, staying high in arena, you will be able to progress fast. I guess it took me about 2 weeks or even less to get Thrawn to g11 (without filling slots for future g12 though)
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @Stormy yes - a 6* Thrawn as 100% FTP. It really wasn't that difficult - just concentrated resources on Phoenix once they became available to farm.

There are several people I know who have Thrawn 7* and are 100% FTP as well - they had saved up spare currency and dumped the lot to get him the first time around.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options

Lol, there are FTP who has him at 7* (including myself). So don't be silly
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @Berimbolo i don't think it's that FTP players with big rosters / collection scores are wasting resources. It is simply that credits are much more freely available than they were early on in the game and there is nothing to spend the credits on other than levelling / starring characters or buying mods.

It shows that there is an imbalance with the gear availability.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    HOW: ARENA COLLUSION
This discussion has been closed.