HAAT is awful. Unbalanced, boring, tedious and a guild destroyer.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    its a casual mobile game. no content should be gated for almost a year. HAAT was just bad design from the beginning
  • Options
    Well its now Dec & this still stands for me. We attempted our 2nd HAAT couple wks back & would've been lucky to get 1/4 way in P2! Ridiculous! The easiest phase in Naat was impossible. Need to add a couple more tiers bw the 2 raids like in rancor.
  • Options
    PS at this rate Kenobi will turn into Old Ben before I get even 1 shard!
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Keep working on your toons, there are tons of people that already can clear the whole tank by themselves!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    Psi wrote: »
    The HAAT is possibly worst thing to happen to this game. It's so maddeningly unbalanced that most guilds need mercenaries to do it at all, even months and months after release.

Instead of being a guild building activity, this raid actual wrecks guilds. With no other way of earning proper high level gear, all the strong people have a very large incentive to join other guilds to get the rewards faster. Many players in our guild simply stopped playing. A lot of others went to stronger guilds. This never happened with Rancor. At least in that one, there were multiple levels and you got good enough gear even without doing heroic. With AAT it seems designed to split the user base and make mixed guilds almost impossible. The HAAT design has created a concentration of power in fewer guilds - now bored individual players are acting as mercenaries. Surely that's not the ideal outcome?

And the designers and testers? Saying this was for Jawa and Jedi? Hahahaha what a joke. It's only vaguely reasonable with the introduction of Zetas and entire toon category overhauls since the raid was released.

If the next Raid is as awful, I suspect that will be the end for me.

Rant over. Feel a bit better!

Look at it from a team building view
    -Coordination
    -team work
    -communication
    -dedication
    I did jump guilds but because my old one wasn't very good and as a former officer, it was tough to get 50 people to do the same thing, especially farm teams. That's what ended that guild.
    The new guild is focused and has a lot of like minded individuals, now I'm 102 shards from 7* gear 12 gen ken. (minus 39 med pacs and 18 droid callers)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Well its now Dec & this still stands for me. We attempted our 2nd HAAT couple wks back & would've been lucky to get 1/4 way in P2! Ridiculous! The easiest phase in Naat was impossible. Need to add a couple more tiers bw the 2 raids like in rancor.

It will probably be better once CLS comes back and you have a bunch in your guild.
  • Options
    I think a big part of the problem is Normal mode does not prepare players for Hard. Bringing up the difficulty of Normal might give players a better idea of when they are ready to move on.
    Also, reworking many of the Galactic Republic era Jedi could help "new" players since there are so many and they are easy to obtain. What if Mace Windu's Shatterpoint could inflict Fracture? What if Ima-Gun Di's counters inflicted Armor Shred? What if Eeth Koth's unique ability was a leader ability? With Zylo and Zavage the role of the Galactic Republic Jedi in the Clone Wars era raid to get General Kenobi is redundant at best.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

So, you had a few attempts. Did you evaluate to find out what to work until your next attempt? What did you find out?
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

It will probably be better once CLS comes back and you have a bunch in your guild.

This, very helpful although not strictly necessary. We tried HAAT a few months back and got stuck on P3. With a few more zavages we beat it for the first time a few weeks ago, it took about 17 hours.

And this week, after CLS came back, we beat it in 4 hours and we're never doing NAAT again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    My guild took several attempts to complete HAAT, and two months after our first successful HAAT, we finish in less than 2 hrs. We have to do a zero damage phase like in Rancor to make sure everyone gets a chance at GK shards.
  • Options
    I agree it’s a guild destroyer for guilds with less than 6o million GP. My guild has over 32m and can’t clear phase two we have to use a merc to complete the whole thing and that sucks and cost me some solid players now we are rebuilding
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    I agree it’s a guild destroyer for guilds with less than 6o million GP.

What a silly and arbitrary statement.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    My guild actually just completed its first HAAT this weekend. It's the only guild I have been in since I started this game. When I joined over a year ago, we were still doing 5 star Rancor. It's been a long road, but it can be done.

I could have moved onto greener pastures to start farming it quite some time ago, but I found it more rewarding to work towards being able to take it down. Lots of other people in our guild felt the same way.