[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Options
    So ahsoka is not a jedi but old be is getting a jedi tag now? I don't understand, commander luke does not seem to be jedi leader orianted nor jedi related in leadership... also if he is commander he should not have saber out but rather pull it out on special atacks, imagine seeing hime going bwoooom then atacking and on that not while he hast the new buff he should keep saber out IDK too late now just saying him pulling it out would be awsome. And on that note a trailer like force push could be also awesome
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    This is not a sarcastic post. I am seriously hyped for all this stuff coming up. I know a lot of people are steamed about luke, but every event comes back. This isn't a marquee event, don't worry, Luke will be back. Also, for those who do get him, he can probably be used very effectively in the upcoming hoth territory battles (seriously this is a genius move) and even if you don't get luke, R2 is back (also a genius move). Also lots of reworks are coming that have been requested, so that's something to be happy about. The only possible thing I could complain about is the advertised end game (luke vs Vader). Luke looks like he'll be awesome, but here we have Vader, the icon of Star Wars, who is a 2nd rate toon at this point. I'm pumped for all the upcoming stuff, but I hope Vader gets some help to.
  • Options
    If I just buy the 100 crystal cantina refreshes every days and stock cantina energy until the luke event (or possibly double drop event) do you think I will have enough to take him from locked at 20 shards to 7* in time? Asking for a friend
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    why can't we have a choice between both for commander luke event. ?

ah one is rancor exclusive and the other one can be found in chromium pack and bundle?

is that the reason why?
  • Options
    SWrocks wrote: »
    CG_Kozispoon
    Will there be anything released to help us get the characters required for commander Luke faster?

$ 20 pack for 80 shards :trollface:
  • Options
    They're probably trying to make it so not everyone and their mother is running around with Luke. Looking at his kit, he's going to be a game-changer.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Were still probably getting rotj luke so...... maybe they'll still be needed
  • Options
    Aaaaaaand I'll +1 my own thread due to the announcement on Luke! w00t! Can't wait!
  • Options
    Im basically just sad that I dont have Old Ben yet and been playing this since the beginning...

So I say we petition to have old ben put into bronzium packs so I can burn 950k ally points on that
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    Ha... RIP! I was farming for Thrawn and now I have to switch gears and farm OB. I hope we get enough time and a large boost to farm him. It's really annoying they're going this route...
  • Options
    TheMamba wrote: »
    Amadeo220 wrote: »
    You guys are pretty dense.
    I am shocked and angry at the Luke requirements.

What was the POINT of telling us we needed to prep our Lukes, months ago if you were gonna surprise us with an additional 4 other characters we needed.

My Luke was grinded to gear 11 in that time so I spent the last two months sitting pretty thinking I was good to go based on the information you released to us.

Then you drop this. Thanks for creating **** false expectations. You should know better.

Reading what they put about Luke months back, it was pretty easy to tell you'd need at least Leia, Old Ben, and a variant of Han. No one to blame but yourself.

Let me be the first and hopefully not the last to say that you are full of #&*$!!!! The Devs never ever said what characters would be needed. The possibilities of what characters would be needed was vast.
  • Options
    tuan6668 wrote: »
    Why not Han Solo as one of the character for Commander Luke event? We still need five characters for the event but with the addition of Han Solo, those who have 4 of the 5 characters (Old Ben, R2, Leia, ST Han, Luke) at 7 stars can still get 7 stars commander Luke if they have 7 stars Han Solo.

Old Ben don't even have a rebel tag while Han Solo does

@CG_CapGaSP

Because i'm at 88% completion on swgoh.gg collection but don't have old ben...at all like 30 shards not opened... I wanted him but since he doesn't have rebel tag....
  • Options
    I never needed sth and now he is required at 7* for luke. Problem is, he is ONLY in squad arena store. That makes it impossible for me to unlock luke unless the devs add him to a place that can be farmed. Plz devs! Add sth in cantina at the very least!
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

What was the POINT of telling us we needed to prep our Lukes, months ago if you were gonna surprise us with an additional 4 other characters we needed.

My Luke was grinded to gear 11 in that time so I spent the last two months sitting pretty thinking I was good to go based on the information you released to us.

Then you drop this. Thanks for creating **** false expectations. You should know better.

Reading what they put about Luke months back, it was pretty easy to tell you'd need at least Leia, Old Ben, and a variant of Han. No one to blame but yourself.

Let me be the first and hopefully not the last to say that you are full of #&*$!!!! The Devs never ever said what characters would be needed. The possibilities of what characters would be needed was vast.

Only a hand full of characters helped Luke on his journey, especially early on. So let me think... oh that's right, Old Ben, R2, Leia, and Han.
  • Options
    Since I can't have a light hearted approach to my slight frustration surrounding old Ben with out my post being deleted I guess I have to be real serious

Since I don't have old Ben unlocked and wish to get commander luke, would stocking cantina energy with just the 100 crystal refreshes and daily 90 bonus from now till whenever the event is do you think I would be able to jump him straight from locked to 7 star? (Or till the start of a double drop event that hopefully happens for him)
  • Options
    +1
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

Because i'm at 88% completion on swgoh.gg collection but don't have old ben...at all like 30 shards not opened...
    Two weeks of farming his Cantina node with triple refreshes each day. Get to work. You may just yet have time.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    tuan6668 wrote: »
    Why not Han Solo as one of the character for Commander Luke event? We still need five characters for the event but with the addition of Han Solo, those who have 4 of the 5 characters (Old Ben, R2, Leia, ST Han, Luke) at 7 stars can still get 7 stars commander Luke if they have 7 stars Han Solo.

Old Ben don't even have a rebel tag while Han Solo does

@CG_CapGaSP

Because i'm at 88% completion on swgoh.gg collection but don't have old ben...at all like 30 shards not opened... I wanted him but since he doesn't have rebel tag....

Apparently hes getting one
  • Options
    Old Ben Taunt Confirmed in luke kit post....
  • Options

True ... but goldurn it, I still don't have a 7* Thrawn. Literally just finished farming Hera today. Hasn't been a whole lot of time allowable to start OB between finishing up Finn and then Hera. Ah well, the choices we make, right? The race is on now to get that old coot up to speed!
  • Options
    While everyone is entitled to their opinion, if Luke's Journey beginning doesn't include at the very least all the toons which are required for this event, then I don't see how after months of letting us know his journey was coming people are so upset that they don't have the required characters...

Be thankful they didn't require a raid Han Solo...
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP

I doubt that you guys will see/answer this with the flurry of other posts, but I have not seen this question asked yet. While I see that it requires those 7 star toons, but any clue as to what gear level would be appropriate for this event? I feel like a lot of people could get the correct toons farmed quick enough as they are all easily accessible (except R2), but if they require a high gear level that will make things pretty difficult I think. Thanks for all the information you have given us so far, and I am looking forward to seeing more on the reworks soon!

v5IfE.jpg
    There are no Gear level restrictions. So you coulld technically waltz in at Gear 1 though you wouldn't get very far!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    I don't either, and I'm with you: hoping for a double drop. Plan is to unlock him and farm the living hell out of him and maybe, just maybe, a dub drop will happen.
  • crzydroid
    7309 posts Moderator
    Options
    Your post actually more than likely got merged into the mega thread, as this one will.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Since I can't have a light hearted approach to my slight frustration surrounding old Ben with out my post being deleted I guess I have to be real serious

Since I don't have old Ben unlocked and wish to get commander luke, would stocking cantina energy with just the 100 crystal refreshes and daily 90 bonus from now till whenever the event is do you think I would be able to jump him straight from locked to 7 star? (Or till the start of a double drop event that hopefully happens for him)

It only gets deleted if its against TOS. other than that its just merged.

Without knowing when anything is your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    Xyrex wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Conduit23 @CG_Kozispoon @CG_JohnSalera
    Could any dev please say to us if the heros journey event is coming back or is a once time event?

No, it's NEVER coming back. Because The other events like this were one and done...Jesus dude.
  • Options
    I don't mind how they did this it's a right of playing longer or spending more I can't remember who said it but start with r2 if you get him to seven stars your still alive after that we should know more about if we will have a way to farm more shards in my December 16 shard I have yet to see a GK so I doubt many will have csl
  • Options

True ... but goldurn it, I still don't have a 7* Thrawn. Literally just finished farming Hera today. Hasn't been a whole lot of time allowable to start OB between finishing up Finn and then Hera. Ah well, the choices we make, right? The race is on now to get that old coot up to speed!

I feel ya. When they first made the announcement about Luke, I started farming Old Ben immediately because I hadn't even unlocked him yet. They said they'd help us get those toons, hopefully that doesn't mean strictly a pack for money! Maybe a double drop day, or something.
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

Only a hand full of characters helped Luke on his journey, especially early on. So let me think... oh that's right, Old Ben, R2, Leia, and Han.

And Wedge, and Bihgs, and Chewie, and Lando, and Raid Han. ..do I have to go on?
  • Options
    So ahsoka is not a jedi but old be is getting a jedi tag now? I don't understand, commander luke does not seem to be jedi leader orianted nor jedi related in leadership... also if he is commander he should not have saber out but rather pull it out on special atacks, imagine seeing hime going bwoooom then atacking and on that not while he hast the new buff he should keep saber out IDK too late now just saying him pulling it out would be awsome. And on that note a trailer like force push could be also awesome

Yes ahsoka is not a jedi and old ben is