[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Options
    While i have all the chars 7 stared (100%FTP) well couple shards needed on farm luke. So i can get him. I must say this is the last draw. I am just going to have to quit. I wanted to play galaxy of heroes not galaxy of power creep op rebals. The rebal power creep is way out of hand and now this. Its to much and has **** last bitcof enjoyment from the game.
  • Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    phinfan309 wrote: »
    Nope only 5* Ben

He is an easy farm with a Cantina.

And gearing and leveling? Cantina farm to get to 7 stars would require 2-3 weeks with 2 refreshes. How is a f2p or minnow supposed to get there?

Crystal subscription, of course! Or you know, just wait til the event comes back.

right...pay to stay relevant. By the time the event comes back again, I will be at least 3-4 months behind and nowhere in PvP because Commander Luke/Rebels will dominate.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Hmmm so they still haven't bothered doing anything with chewbacca then? He should be involved in this event.
    That's Clone Wars Chewbacca. There is no Chewbacca from any movie yet. Besides, the characters you need are all from New Hope and there are already 5 slots. (Besides, besides--man, imagine an event needing 3 tanks...)
    Except for R2 - these are original launch characters. Leia, Old Ben, Han have all been meta at one point. Farmboy Luke is the only one that wasn't and we had a heads up on him.
    I started in February 2016, dodge meta didn't last much longer than that. So anyone who has played for 16 months or less is almost certainly missing him. That's not a silly newbie who made bad decisions. Farming Old Ben after the end of the Reign of Dodges was a bad decision.
    Clone Wars Chewbacca is with Yoda at the end of ROTS.

He probably never saw ROTS
  • Options
    BrakirKY wrote: »
    I really hope there is double drop before the event. Doing double drops on ewoks and phoenix ( which were of questionable interest to the majority of people) and not on CLS would be a major faux pas imho.
    Double drops wouldn't help with Han, Leia, or R2. They've got to have something else up their sleeve.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Nope only 5* Ben

And gearing and leveling? Cantina farm to get to 7 stars would require 2-3 weeks with 2 refreshes. How is a f2p or minnow supposed to get there?

Its possible as a pure free to play. Remember you don't have to beat it on the first day of the event, just the by the last day. Just like pheonix. And if not you know what to expect next time.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    Ledinis wrote: »
    They were dropping hints left and right for the past month that you should look into getting chars that shaped Lukes Journey. And the entire forums had at least 2 topics poping up each day of people predicting this exact characters. So yeah ...

On a side note.... an OP rebel with 6 abilities and 3 zetas ? Perfect just what i wanted :D Well atleast i see theres reworks for old ben, maybe he will finally get a taunt and will be usable :P

https://us.v-cdn.net/6025736/uploads/editor/sg/7cijc3wznv2n.gif

The gifs posted shows old ben taunting.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Disappointing. You released it before the Yoda event... Not a good time. Also we have to farm EMPIRE chacters as well. I've been farming Luke in the cantina for a long time, and now I can't even unlock him because of these darn huge chacter requirements. Oh well, I tried.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I just hope that Old Ben gets a Rebel tag
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    They were dropping hints left and right for the past month that you should look into getting chars that shaped Lukes Journey. And the entire forums had at least 2 topics poping up each day of people predicting this exact characters. So yeah ...

On a side note.... an OP rebel with 6 abilities and 3 zetas ? Perfect just what i wanted :D Well atleast i see theres reworks for old ben, maybe he will finally get a taunt and will be usable :P

https://us.v-cdn.net/6025736/uploads/editor/sg/7cijc3wznv2n.gif

The gifs posted shows old ben taunting.

Maybe Luke gave it to him.
  • Options
    I think Luke event start to separate people who love to play SWGOH into 2 categories:

1. Old timer. Who need to be appreciate, proud feelings bcause have toons A, B, C, etc. Have them since (insert months/year).

2. Newbie. They rant over bcause they already install the game and play it. It's something, right? and they are ur potential costumer. They want Commander Luke same as other star wars fans want.

Jezz.. it's defenitely not healthy guys. :frowning:
  • Options
    Nope only 5* Ben

Crystal subscription, of course! Or you know, just wait til the event comes back.

right...pay to stay relevant. By the time the event comes back again, I will be at least 3-4 months behind and nowhere in PvP because Commander Luke/Rebels will dominate.

That is, and always has been, the advantage to throwing money at the game.
  • Options
    Nope only 5* Ben

That is, and always has been, the advantage to throwing money at the game.

there is throwing money at the game and there is a Berlin Paywall...the latter has destroyed many a mobile games.
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »
    Except for R2 - these are original launch characters. Leia, Old Ben, Han have all been meta at one point. Farmboy Luke is the only one that wasn't and we had a heads up on him.

If you haven't been playing very long - come on man!...That's part of the breaks when playing a farm-type game, there's only certain amount of resources and only time / cash make up that gap.

Big picture here - MANY will have Luke as an incredible amount of players do have all those OLD characters at 7* already - this is a FREE handout CLS - insanely generous.

Newer players - sorry - you have to put in your dues somewhere. This can't be seen as anything but a goodwill gesture to the playerbase as a whole.

Unless you are a launch player who was adamantly against the dodge meta and didn't farm OB then or since out of spite, so I hardly call an event requiring a disease-ridden plague scum of a toon to be a free handout.

What event has ever had a lower and more obtainable hurdle when it came out? Maybe EP? Certainly not Yoda as 5 7* Jedi was not easy to get originally. Definitely not Thrawn. R2 was fairly easy, but not everyone had a 4th / 5th empire toon viable to make it to 7*.

This is 4 original launch characters that have been farmable forever. At worst, people may not have Old Ben. there's no excuse for not having Luke, Leia, and StHan though. And R2 event people should have been working toward R2 if they didn't get it before. Sure not 100% of all players will have these all 7* now, but arena is going to be totally flooded with CLS due to this availability.

I'm not debating the farmability of them all, since they are all fairly easy for any launch player, but I'm extremely peeved that I need to farm that pile of rubbish that is OB as a testament to how horrid and frustrating the dodge meta is. It'll be easy to grind his shards before whenever the event starts, but it takes away from the farms I was enjoying (Gar for P1 AAT team), and instead we are forced to relive the horrors of the dodge meta by farming that garbage can OB.

Dude - i had to farm cartoon characters I never heard of to get Thrawn ... :)
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I just hope that Old Ben gets a Rebel tag

this has been confirmed

Cool must have missed that
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    F2P can definitely get it lol.

Old Ben is like the oldest character in the game (not really) you had plenty of time to farm him.

R2 is the only one who is iffy. So really the only people who should complain are new people.
  • Options

Literally could have been half the roster...what about Wiggs? Han Solo? Greedo?

• Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

And Kozispoon comes in for the save!

giphy.gif

• Options
    CG_Kozispoon
    Will there be anything released to help us get the characters required for commander Luke faster?
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    SWrocks wrote: »
    CG_Kozispoon
    Will there be anything released to help us get the characters required for commander Luke faster?

Already answered on the first page - yes.
  • Ringer
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Since he is one of the characters that is needed for the Commander Luke event, do you think that they will either set him up with a pack in the store or double drop his nodes during the Luke events?
    Obi-Wan: "It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground."
    Vader: "You underestimate my power."
    Obi-Wan: "Don't try it."

Discord: Ringer#6983
  • Options
    Amadeo220 wrote: »
    You guys are pretty dense.
    I am shocked and angry at the Luke requirements.

What was the POINT of telling us we needed to prep our Lukes, months ago if you were gonna surprise us with an additional 4 other characters we needed.

My Luke was grinded to gear 11 in that time so I spent the last two months sitting pretty thinking I was good to go based on the information you released to us.

Then you drop this. Thanks for creating **** false expectations. You should know better.

Reading what they put about Luke months back, it was pretty easy to tell you'd need at least Leia, Old Ben, and a variant of Han. No one to blame but yourself.
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    Hope so.
  • Options
    SWrocks wrote: »
    CG_Kozispoon

$$$$$$
  • Options
    Where are the Mod Set Packs Located?
  • Options
    I cant imagine they wont want to make money on this so chances are very high. might even see double drops if we are lucky
  • Options
    Way to show your players how much you appreciate them by only allowing him to unlock at 7*. Would it have killed your profits to let us get him at 5 or 6? I really doubt it

The least you can do to show you don't completely despise the majority of your playerbase is to confirm whether this is a reoccurring event or not
  • Options
    A muchhhhhhh better way to unlock comander Luke would be to allow any light side character that was in the OG saga. Any Han, leia, Trakbar, even Yoda, R2-D2, Lando.... you get my point
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    and not han solo
  • Options
    Pays much more tribute to Luke and the OG saga
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP

I doubt that you guys will see/answer this with the flurry of other posts, but I have not seen this question asked yet. While I see that it requires those 7 star toons, but any clue as to what gear level would be appropriate for this event? I feel like a lot of people could get the correct toons farmed quick enough as they are all easily accessible (except R2), but if they require a high gear level that will make things pretty difficult I think. Thanks for all the information you have given us so far, and I am looking forward to seeing more on the reworks soon!