R2 unlock for commander luke

Prev134
Alot of people have had the problem of 7 staring Old Ben. Well I and alot of other people have an R2 problem. I know I wont get luke this time

Replies

• Options
    Excellent post. Good idea to start your own thread about this when there are 40 posts similar to this one.
  • Options
    Talking about old ben
  • Options
    I was hoping to talk about R2
  • Options
    I currently have a 6 star Darth Vader almost 7 star. I have 5 star stormtrooper, tie pilot, Tarkin, palpatine, and a 4 star snowtropper. I also have 3 star imperial gaurd and magmatrooper.
  • Tijack
    76 posts Member
    Options
    The worst part about R2 isnt the requirements, its the surprise of it. "Hey guys you need R2! oh btw you only have 8 days to 7* your empires. good luck!" is kinda mean.
  • Options
    To be fair: about 90% of the community didn't get EP the first time. Many didn't get yoda the first time. Many didn't get Thrawn the first time. Etc
  • Options
    I that the luke event wont take a year and a half to come back
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Tijack wrote: »
    The worst part about R2 isnt the requirements, its the surprise of it. "Hey guys you need R2! oh btw you only have 8 days to 7* your empires. good luck!" is kinda mean.

i was thinking it was nice that ea/cg atleast gave players another oppertunity to get r2 just before the commander luke event starts.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    To be fair: about 90% of the community didn't get EP the first time. Many didn't get yoda the first time. Many didn't get Thrawn the first time. Etc

the thing is commander luke will be needed for other Lukes (Jedi Lukes, maybe Grandmaster Luke). If they will keep repeating R2 and Luke events them Im okay but I feel that I wont get him in like 2 years.
  • Options

That's true. I didn't get Emperor or Yoda the first time. I got Thrawn at 5 stars. I think one of the biggest problems is that after all the hype for this event at the last minute the devs revealed officially what characters would be needed to get Commander Luke at all let alone at like 5 stars. There's no way most players will be able to unlock Luke. I don't remember them doing this with Emperor or Yoda, did they?
  • Options
    Yeah if it just dropped as a surprise my reaction would be "meh, can't get it, wait till next time". But I specifically leveled up Farm Boy Luke in anticipation for this, and have been looking forward to it. I didn't think to look for hints, since they had explicitly told us part of it. I figured "level luke, you're good to go". I also have been working on farming Empire, but my Empire was so low that I still don't have them to 7* in time, and I've also been splitting efforts between them and Phoenix since there was no indication whether R2 or Thrawn would come first. In the end, its not a huge deal, but the way this was communicated is a bit frustrating.They obviously knew people would be frustrated by this, as they gave warning on Luke (in retrospect, its because hes the only one who was never meta so there's no real reason people would have farmed him). They just made the decision that people who didn't have the others through the natural course of things, or who didn't read into random clues in flavor text, would be SOL.
  • Options

the thing is commander luke will be needed for other Lukes (Jedi Lukes, maybe Grandmaster Luke). If they will keep repeating R2 and Luke events them Im okay but I feel that I wont get him in like 2 years.

Can you confirm this? Bc this sure sounds like speculation...
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

That's true. I didn't get Emperor or Yoda the first time. I got Thrawn at 5 stars. I think one of the biggest problems is that after all the hype for this event at the last minute the devs revealed officially what characters would be needed to get Commander Luke at all let alone at like 5 stars. There's no way most players will be able to unlock Luke. I don't remember them doing this with Emperor or Yoda, did they?

I don't think they did (maybe with EP, but I forget). But this seems to be their new way to release characters (increases spending, can't blame them). I think the safest thing to do is have 5 characters at 5* from every faction (not too hard, as many factions overlap)
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

Yeah, they did it with Emperor. There was a crazy grind for rebels right before the event. I knew I couldn't get him first time around, so I just shrugged my shoulders and did a slow lazy grind so I could get him the next time around, which i did comfortably with 7* and didn't suffer for it.
  • Options

Only thing that I have this slight fear it will be a one time event. I know its not that likely but if it is well I'm never going to get Luke.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    It won't be a one time event. Even K2-S0 was put into GW shipments.
  • Options
    I do believe they will have the event again. Likely before Jedi Knight Luke. Obviously just speculating that Commander Luke will be needed for Jedi Knight Luke. But I believe that is an educated guess since Farmboy Luke is required for Commander Luke. Also just speculating, but Yoda will possibly be a requirement for Jedi Knight Luke as well.
  • Options
    I do believe they will have the event again. Likely before Jedi Knight Luke. Obviously just speculating that Commander Luke will be needed for Jedi Knight Luke. But I believe that is an educated guess since Farmboy Luke is required for Commander Luke. Also just speculating, but Yoda will possibly be a requirement for Jedi Knight Luke as well.

I really hope you're right
  • Options

I really hope you're right

I wouldn't worry about it too much! So far everything in this game continues to be attainable-albeit extremely difficult at times, but still attainable and a worthwhile challenge!
    Obviously this is pure speculation but here is my guess:
    Yoda and Palps are every two months,
    R2D2 was 3 months "Extremely rare event",
    Thrawn possibly every 3 months since he is labeled as an "extremely rare event" as well.
    Commander Luke possibly every 6 months??

But that is just my take on the evidence that is put before us.
  • Options
    Commander Luke possibly every 6 months??
    I hope not.
  • Options
    Like I said, that is just my guess and is essentially based on no evidence. I was just considering that the "extremely rare" R2 event appeared after 3 months, and since the commander Luke event will require a 7* unlock, I am just assuming it may be a more rare event. I was mostly just trying to express that the event would likely occur again sometime.
  • Options
    I currently have a 6 star Darth Vader almost 7 star. I have 5 star stormtrooper, tie pilot, Tarkin, palpatine, and a 4 star snowtropper. I also have 3 star imperial gaurd and magmatrooper.

Then you don't deserve him.
  • Options

You are right if you believe you won't get hI'm tI'll 2yrs then be it done according to your words.
  • Wallynator94
    170 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Everyone says the same thing. Oh I don't have enough time to 7* these toons! Why is everything short notice? 1 it's how they make money to keep this game that everyone loves alive and up to date, and 2 noone has told anyone to start farming the required toons a week or two before ANY event starts. It comes down to what your current goals are at the moment. The way all these events have been recently you should be starring up different factions of toons to be ready for any event that comes your way. Not wait til the last minute and kitten on the forums that you don't have enough time. These toons have been in the game since the start besides R2, and if you really wanted him you would have been working on your empire squad for the time until his event sarted. Never chase the meta, always anticipate it. *End of rant
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Less time = people spend money on packs.
    Is that really that hard to understand?
    Do we really need another 56759 whine threads about this that won't change anything on every single event?
  • Options

I agree which is why I haven't stopped farming Jedi's in anticipation for the Yoda event and my next farm will probably be Phoenix and Empire.
  • Options
    Five characters at 5* from every faction is a good idea, but it wouldn't have helped with this. This needs five particular characters at 7*.
  • Options
    I didn't get Yoda, EP, R2 or Thrawn on their first events (well, I got 5* Yoda the first time, but that's all). I won't get CL this time, I know. But I don't worry, I go my own pace, it will come back eventually. Now I have 7* Yoda, EP and R2 and I'm building my phoenix guys. I don't know when Thrawn will come back, but I have fun getting them ready. When I finish them, I'll get my missing CL toons to start preparing for an eventual return of CL. Then, I'll prepare for another event that I'll probably have missed. Relax, the game is about having fun, not stress. There are a lot of OP toons that I don't have, if I stressed about all of them I would go crazy.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Magma Trooper, Tarkin, TFP and stormtrooper are farmed different places. Did you farm them during the 3 months since the first time the event was around?
  • Options

Then you don't deserve him.

Very Savage