R2 event tier 7

Replies

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    For those of you struggling...do NOT use Zader lead. Use Palp. The healing and turn meter gain are much better for this event. The rebels are immune to TM reduction, so Zader lead is near useless.

I breezed through it first try with:

Palp G11 (L)
    Vader G10
    RG G8
    Snowtrooper G8
    Tarkin G8

EDIT: As @WB50 pointed out, Death Trooper makes this event trivial with Deathmark.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    https://imageshack.us/i/pntZycPqp

Beat it 2nd try with this only average mods

Key is killing r2 first
  • Options
    I auto'd it with a lvl 66 g7 storm trooper. Maybe I just got lucky lol
  • Options
    Hi, I'm the original poster aaaaand I just got the luck of the RNG.

To reiterate what all have said, you need a Emp Palp lead maxed at about G9, mine was modded for defense.

Of my other toons I got Tarkin to G9 and modded him to gain offense and potency, TFP was still G8 but only a few pieces shy of G9 and RG was also G8 but with only 2 pieces both I chucked any mods on to get set bonuses.

Zader was G9 almost G10 and best modded.

Still took over 50 attempts throughout the last few days. Always focus on R2 and keep all buffs up / debuffs down where possible and hope that you can get those big hitters (Tarkin and TFP) constantly hammering that little droid. Once he's down Han will almost certainly be almost dead and everyone else will fall like a house of cards in a hurricane.

I've also just realized I still need 190 shards to max Luke but that's much less daunting!

Good luck and thanks for all the advice.
  • Options
    ****, I'm trying with gear 11 and not getting close. I'll try just focusing on R2. Been trying 1.5 hours a day so pushing 150+ attempts.
  • Options
    ****, I'm trying with gear 11 and not getting close. I'll try just focusing on R2. Been trying 1.5 hours a day so pushing 150+ attempts.

What's your swgoh.gg link?
  • NerfHerder87
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My palp Vader Strom snow n rg ain't moved much since getting r2 months ago. My snow was/is gvii. My Vader n palp be gear ix. Me rg 2. Basically it's about being almost there and trying for hours til lady luck shines brightly.
  • Options
    Im sorry. What does RNG stand for? I swear i spend half the time trying to figure out ya'lls abbreviations.
  • Options
    Im sorry. What does RNG stand for? I swear i spend half the time trying to figure out ya'lls abbreviations.

Random number generator. Basically the randomness the game generates.
  • Options

So what am i looking for here.. What random numbers?
  • Options

So what am i looking for here.. What random numbers?

None lol. Its a reference to the determination of things like dodging etc
  • Options
    Argh, I finally got it! Took me well over 50+ tries last night and today and I finally had to move some mods around to get T7. Here's what I got it with, note the part about mods being moved around so don't take it as gospel.

I did it with:

EP- lvl 85 g8
    Vader- lvl 85 g8
    TFP- lvl 85 g8
    Tarkin- lvl 85 g8
    RG- lvl 85 g8

I probably could have geared up a couple of them more but I got confident and didn't grind gear while farming TFP and RP this week.
  • Options
    Argh, I finally got it! Took me well over 50+ tries last night and today and I finally had to move some mods around to get T7. Here's what I got it with, note the part about mods being moved around so don't take it as gospel.

I did it with:

EP- lvl 85 g8
    Vader- lvl 85 g8
    TFP- lvl 85 g8
    Tarkin- lvl 85 g8
    RG- lvl 85 g8

I probably could have geared up a couple of them more but I got confident and didn't grind gear while farming TFP and RP this week.

How bout your mods?
  • Options

I did it with:

EP- lvl 85 g8
    Vader- lvl 85 g8
    TFP- lvl 85 g8
    Tarkin- lvl 85 g8
    RG- lvl 85 g8

How bout your mods?

Moved some speed arrow mods onto EP and RG, potency crosses to Tarkin and EP, filled out the rest of Vader's mods with the recommended primary types from the Crouching Rancor advisor. Also added some more protection primaries to RG and poached a couple of mods for TFP. It took me three or so tries after I moved all those mods to beat it. If you want specifics, this is the cheat sheet I made for the moves so I could make sure I could return them after. Mods should be up to date on my swgoh.gg profile in my signature.
    Lando's speed arrow to EP
    Ep arrow to Hera

R2 speed arrow to RG
    RG arrow to Chopper

Boba Potency cross to Ep
    EP cross to Talia

Luke offense square to Vader
    Luke protection circle to Vader
    Darth Maul protection cross to Vader

SRP protection triangle to RG
    Wedge protection cross to RG

Leia potency cross to Tarkin
  • Options
    I have Vader and tfp modded for speed for rancor and 2x crit chance on tfp. He routinely does 10k+ basic damage. I honestly think he may be the mvp of my r2 run. He just drops toons like an assassin. I think people greatly undervalued mods. At least the ones making the threads. I'd bet with good mods they'd beat r2 easy
  • Options
    My empire team is weak. I've ignored them until recently when I realized that the R2 event was coming back. It turns out I shouldn't have ignored them as they are fun to play. Anyway I'm looking for some advice.

Until this morning the R2 Tier VII battle was kicking my butt. Okay it is still kicking my butt. However, I managed to get two of the Rebel scum down. I still need a couple of million credits to max out my mods on the characters. They all have appropriate 4* and 5* mods. My account is only level 84. Thanks to the gear levels I am at, the freaking Mk5 Arakyd Droid Caller, and the event window I only have enough mats to raise the gear level of one person. EP, Vader, and Tarkin are all sitting on one final gear slot to fill. Whose gear do I raise to have a shot at clearing Tier VII? Vader to X? EP or Tarkin to IX? Since his requirements are different I should be able to have RG to at least 8 if not 9 before the end of the event.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I wanted to provide all the details. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EP 84 G8
    Vader 84 G9
    Tarkin 84 G8
    RG 84 G7
    Stormtrooper 84 G9

Managed to pull it off with same toons similar stats..... took lots of trys.... use EP as lead and hit R2 as much as possible. But not with Vader.... he seems less effective against R2 use him to damage other toons

EP 85 T9
    Vader 85 T8
    Tarkin 85 T8
    RG 85 T8
    Storm trooper 85 T9
  • Options
    Chequerdz wrote: »
    After several tries I got it by using:
    EP[L] Level 85 G10
    Vader Level 85 G9
    Tie Pilot Level 85 G8
    Tarkin Level 85 G8
    RG Level 85 G7
    with some mid-level mods.

First I tried taking out Han then Leia or Luke. After that I went for R2. Then finish off the rest. it took me about 10 times before I had some good RNG and was able to beat it.

You'll definitely need to gear at least some of them higher. I used tons of speed mods to avoid part of that initial onslaught.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    I just did it with:

Emperor Palpatine G10
    Vader G8
    Tarkin G9
    TIE Fighter Pilot G9
    Royal Guard G8

Only used 2 omega abilities (Vader's force crush and Tarkin s TMR). Other skills were varied, some as low as level 3.

Arena mods.

Characters level 80 to 85.

Entire enemy team went once, and a few a second time before I got to go. Then Tarkin did his debuffs and instant TMR. Vader force crush, TFP buff immunity, RG defense up, Palpatine stun.

It was pretty well over at that point. They just couldn't do any real damage between offense down, defense up, slow, and stun. Whittled them down 1 by 1.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    For those of you struggling...do NOT use Zader lead. Use Palp. The healing and turn meter gain are much better for this event. The rebels are immune to TM reduction, so Zader lead is near useless.

This all day, you're never going to get enough force crushes off (unless you run like Zader, Shore, RG, Stormtrooper or something) to make the dots sticking really matter, and the TM reduction does nothing. The EP lead has so many things that help specifically in this fight. I did the event a few times with Zader lead, realized that reading through the notes, and then switched to Palp lead and made it 3-4 tries later. My squad wasn't quite as good as Dryff's so I switched better mods in where indicated.

EP(L)-better mods, G10
    Vader-better mods, G9(just the stun guns away from g10)
    TFP-G10
    RG-G8 (again just the stun guns-its a shortage over here!)
    Veers-G7...

Was actually farming for Stormtrooper but just happened to pull a full Veers in a bronzium, so figured what the heck. EP is your large controller, use his specials as often as possible and the shock can prevent stealth on a toon you're trying to work down (or Chewie to prevent taunt.) Vader is a damage dealer as his dots and the other debuffs can take a toon out you've maybe only hit once or twice with his culling blade. TFP is the key I think, and having him G10 with a few pieces for me really helps, I also have decent mods so he would usually 2 shot most of the non Chewie/R2D2 toons. Veers is just there because he's 7*...no mods and the gear I had laying around...

RG is the key and while I didn't switch mods I already had many of the protection/health primaries already on him. If he has a lot of life then your three damage dealers can survive long enough to cut the pack down to 2-3 toons before RG dies. You'll definitely get hit a few times (the event toons are super fast and start with 100% TM), so just plan on it and pick a target order from there. I think I went Han, Leia, Luke, OB, Chewie, R2. I had Chewie shocked when I killed the old man.

Good luck and keep trying!

• Options
    sac122 wrote: »
    Currently:

Zader leader
    Emp Pal
    RG
    Tie Fighter
    Tarkin

More gear and better mods required I guess. Just keep on trying till I win.

What do yo mean by " better mods?
  • srgj88
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Any advice on getting R2 at 7*? I have Emp as leader (Gear 8, maxed abilities, lev 85), Vader (Gear 9, all but Zeta, lev 85), Tarkin (Gear 8, lev 7 or higher abilities, lev 85), ST (gear 8, maxed, lev 82) and RG (Gear 8, maxed, lev 85). Also have Magma troop that I can sub in (Gear 8, all but zeta, lev 80). Closest I've come is just R2 and Chewie left, but mostly get destroyed. I've hit it about 200 times. Take out Han first, then Leia, then Luke...then R2 goes on a rampage. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Take out R2 first
  • srgj88
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Trying...with his stealth I usually can't get to him first.
  • Options
    Just made it (took 15 tries or so)

my team

EP 85 G8

Vader 85 G10

TFP 80 G9

RG 80 G8

Tarkin 81 G8

Moved 2 arrow mods +30 speed from arena squad to TFP and EP and a +17 (1 pin) to Vador

Basically Tarkin was there to take hits and debuff, RG to land his buffs first and take hits.

TFP with 198 speed did great to prevent R2 team from gaining buffs and that was the key, I could kill Leia fast,
    EP buffed everyone first turn, Vader used DOTS and it proved very efficient in reducing enemy barrier and health, then Vader threw his saber to Luke (who failed to catch it and lost his head).

After that, I mainly concentrated on R2, I lacked DPS to kill it first so I cleared the DPS from enemy squad.
    Raid Han followed Luke in the tomb pretty quickly and it was down to R2, Chewie and Old Ben, R2 was a pain but eventually died and then Chewie (who was still at 4/5 barrier up) and finally Old Ben.

Glad I made it and happy to share!
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    @Broulan Good to hear sir! Down with those Rebels! I didn't have TFP, so I had to compensate by having G11 Palp. But your strategy notes are spot on.

@srgj88 You should be able to complete with that squad with good mods. Do you have a swgoh.gg account?
  • srgj88
    102 posts Member
    Options
    @Broulan Good to hear sir! Down with those Rebels! I didn't have TFP, so I had to compensate by having G11 Palp. But your strategy notes are spot on.

@srgj88 You should be able to complete with that squad with good mods. Do you have a swgoh.gg account?

what kind of account do you mean? Sorry.
  • Options
    how the kittens, I like that
  • Options

Both TFP and EP are super good toons with high damage output....just need RG to help keep em in the fight! I would recommend farming TFP by the way, he's great in rancor and P3.
  • Options
    Broulan wrote: »

Both TFP and EP are super good toons with high damage output....just need RG to help keep em in the fight! I would recommend farming TFP by the way, he's great in rancor and P3.

Thanks...I'll start on him. I only have him at 4*, so no chance I get him before R2 event ends. I'll just make him a priority after I get Old Ben to 7*.
  • srgj88
    102 posts Member
    Options

Yes, just got one. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__swgoh.gg_u_dashrendar2228_collection_&d=DwMFaQ&c=i0QXx0LZaNWl3bsI0Hrdtw&r=d6EoGqlgDaNU2MP9HpA-g5Yjuj3mOCu734VWaBcTzd8&m=SpAjpQVmDVXrN67-QG3usAtfeOMRmWyBc6tnviHnt-c&s=Tjvz4yypcSU33SDdGJOsHmhqxR3Nv7F9OJY6geSQMBI&e=